Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Should Molesters Be Castrated? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Molesters Be Castrated? (509 Views)

Castrated Men Live Longer - Experts / Castrated Men Live Longer! / All People With Aids Or Other Std's Should Be Castrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Molesters Be Castrated? by zboyd: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
Many people consider sexual abuse one of the worst crimes a person can commit. In these circumstances, it has been proposed by some that such an offender should be punished, normally in addition to a jail term, by castration. Castration is the removal of the sex glands, and is normally defined as a chemical process, using hormones to render them impotent. The goal of such an operation would be to remove the sexual drive of sex offenders which, proponents of the procedure advocate, would drastically reduce the chances of re-offending.

Opponents of the punishment argue, in contrast, that the punishment does not fit the crime and that it would not deter sex offenders once freed.

Is castration about punishment or about treatment? Is it abhorrent, inhumane or the only way to protect society from dangerous people? Is this too simplistic an argument?

Source: slate.com

Where do YOU stand on this issue?
Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Use knife to remove the damn thing and choke it down their throat.
Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by jacabi(m): 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
aanumama: Use knife to remove the damn thing and choke it down their throat.
You are right but what would be the punishment for the seducers.
Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
No. I don't tag with this at all.

Think outside the box, there are many ways in which sex offenders can assault others. They can still use objects and other body parts or even take pictures. I mean, just about anything to derive cruel pleasure because they'd be angry with the society.

And with this, history also shows that chemical castration has been largely ineffective in preventing sex offenders from recidivism. They can get their hands on testosterone over the internet or in the black market. We can't rule that out.

So me think mandatory long prison sentences with close supervision after release is the only hope. Or else we'd be living in a false sense of security.

1 Like

Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by Emmaesty(f): 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
The molesters who feel no remorse should be hung by their manhood but those who truly feel remorse should be left to serve some years in Jail...... Everybody Deserves A Second Chance
Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
I heard the Romans do smash a rapist balls with two stones. I think that should be deployed. ..

Just Kidding. grin
Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
aanumama: Use knife to remove the damn thing and choke it down their throat.

What about the Female Rapist?... undecided
Re: Should Molesters Be Castrated? by cococandy(f): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2014
Yea.
I'm with you on this
Ceasar1: No. I don't tag with this at all.

Think outside the box, there are many ways in which sex offenders can assault others. They can still use objects and other body parts or even take pictures. I mean, just about anything to derive cruel pleasure because they'd be angry with the society.

And with this, history also shows that chemical castration has been largely ineffective in preventing sex offenders from recidivism. They can get their hands on testosterone over the internet or in the black market. We can't rule that out.

So me think mandatory long prison sentences with close supervision after release is the only hope. Or else we'd be living in a false sense of security.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Now Becomes Ebola Experts / Boost Brain Health Now / Noni Juice Advantages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.