Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? (2371 Views)

Mycoplasma Genitalium: Scientists Confirm A New Sexually Transmitted Disease / Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by sheddyboy: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
I went to a saloon to cut my hair, d barber at d point of shaving gave me a scratch, it wasn't much though, but i did saw my fluid, i was so mad! It got me worried, my senior broths always advice me nt to have anything doing in d salon, that there is a possible of contacting d disease if u accidentally gets injured, to make matters worse, this thing happen for like a month now and am beginning to feel some strange symptons which i dn't undstnd, pls i am so so scared right now, is transmission truly possible through this means? Do i have 2go 4 a test? Ur advice is urgently needed pls.
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by donLEXY(m): 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
lol.... Well to your question, yes it is 99.99% percent transmissible through cut from anything, as long as it is there and not sterilized, and I smiled because it is very possible you are seeing those signs based on what you have in mind..... Getting a test done at this early stage (1-6 month) can result in a false negative result, so I will suggest you wait 6 month or better still go for molecular diagnostic means of identification..... This one is better as it detect antibody in the blood.....
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
sheddyboy: I went to a saloon to cut my hair, d barber at d point of shaving gave me a scratch, it wasn't much though, but i did saw my fluid, i was so mad! It got me worried, my senior broths always advice me nt to have anything doing in d salon, that there is a possible of contacting d disease if u accidentally gets injured, to make matters worse, this thing happen for like a month now and am beginning to feel some strange symptons which i dn't undstnd, pls i am so so scared right now, is transmission truly possible through this means? Do i have 2go 4 a test? Ur advice is urgently needed pls.
Did the barber use the clipper on ur head less than 10seconds prior to his first barb? Was there a blood lump on the clipper b4 he use it on ur head? If the ansa is no then no need to panick. Bt to free ur mind 4rm fear. Just go for lab ok.
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by sheddyboy: 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
donLEXY: lol.... Well to your question, yes it is 99.99% percent transmissible through cut from anything, as long as it is there and not sterilized, and I smiled because it is very possible you are seeing those signs based on what you have in mind..... Getting a test done at this early stage (1-6 month) can result in a false negative result, so I will suggest you wait 6 month or better still go for molecular diagnostic means of identification..... This one is better as it detect antibody in the blood.....
"99.99% percent" scaring me d more.
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by donLEXY(m): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
sheddyboy: "99.99% percent" scaring me d more.

Oh no.... I mean if the clipper is infected....
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by sheddyboy: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
nwekesimon68: Did the barber use the clipper on ur head less than 10seconds prior to his first barb? Was there a blood lump on the clipper b4 he use it on ur head? If the ansa is no then no need to panick. Bt to free ur mind 4rm fear. Just go for lab ok.
thanks, i gt some fresh air from this.
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by sheddyboy: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
donLEXY:

Oh no.... I mean if the clipper is infected....
Alright, tanx.
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Well,most barbers sterilize their clippers in between customers. If your barber used Methylated Spirit/rubbing alcohol (and fire) to clean the clipper before he cut your hair...you are OK.

If you are still worried....you can always get your own clipper....and have the barber use that when you cut your hair.
Re: Hiv/aids Transmitted Through Clipper/saloon? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
HIV is a very fragile virus...It is quickly inactivated by air and heat...So, I don't think u're at a risk...U should be worried about other viruses lyk hepatitis...
I have had a hair cut without sterilization b4 but I wasn't cut anyway.... U may even start developing some mild illnesses because of d fear . Don't allow d fear disturb u....

(1) (Reply)

How To Cure PID (vaginal infection) Once And For All / Having Blocked Fallopian Tubes Is One Of The Most Common Causes Of Infertility / The Only Drug Proven To Have Cured Cancer And Shrink Fibroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.