Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" (103633 Views)

Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" / On Interview, How Do I Answer The Salary Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
Edoblakky: . There are things not to say during an interview. You gave the interviewer(s) the impression that you have worked with a difficult company hence the comparison. Never put your former or previous employers in a bad light before a prospective employer. They will feel you will do same to them before other employers. Cheers!

Endorsed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by fridayj(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Well best ans is keep taking about the very good quality u possed an even add som. U no wht i mean, until the interviewer stop u.. if not keep talking .... smiley good luck in advance.....
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
AriDsexy: I'm glad I saw this topic,I'll like to ask a question though.I went for an interview and deep down I knew I was doing well,after selling myself,somehow I just chipped this"if u can work in coy xx,u can work anywhere"that was me referring to my former place of work,because really I'm into customer service[CCA] to be precise for a popular network in Nigeria,I didn't get the job even though I know I did well in d interview,I couldn't forgive myself cos I felt,they feel I was being proud or something,don't know,just asking.Mr Jarus or someone else,please help me out here.

While that may not be the reason you were dropped, it's actually a red flag.

Next time don't say that. A more humble way to say that is, " In all modesty, I have always done well anywhere I found myself, including my current place of work, and I don't think your company will be different.".

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
bukson2:

Pls bro I ve been ask that question not long ago and I don't knw answer for it.. He goes those. Tell me something about you that is not in ur CV..... I come they look like Mumu pls my fellow Nairalander Answer pls

That should be a straight forward question. Ok, may require some 5 seconds thinking which you can buy time by smiling and saying " Hmmnn (inaudible) something about me that's not not on my CV, I will say....."

"Hmmnn, something about me that's not on my CV" i.e repeating question, is a strategy to think fast on what you want to say, within that 5 seconds i.e before reaching "I will say" and fire on. In fact, you can say"i will say" twice if still processing your thought, something like "I will say...well, I will say". You can also add another thought-organizer, "A number of them actually. First...."

After using those to process your thought you can then fire.

If I were on that seat, I would say something like this:

"Hmmnn(inaudible), something about me that's not not on my CV? Every major disclosure I think is relevant for this job, I think I have them on my CV. Maybe a couple of things. For example, I'm a fan of Arsenal FC of England, I have supported the club since 1999 (with a smiling face), never mind the fact that the club has not been so impressive for some years now. That's one thing about me that's not on that CV that comes to my mind now"

Look, hardly will there not be any surprise question in any interview. There are cases where you have to decide or think of something on the spot. I get annoyed that some people are so mechanical that anything that involves thinking on the spot, they're lost. Same thing with many students in school and in professional exams, anything beyond what they read before that paper, they are lost. Everyone needs to be a fast thinker, attempt solution to any problem on the spot, with residual knowledge if need be

That's what makes some people extraordinary.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
bukson2:

Pls bro I ve been ask that question not long ago and I don't knw answer for it.. He goes those. Tell me something about you that is not in ur CV..... I come they look like Mumu pls my fellow Nairalander Answer pls

Nobody can answer that kind of question for you.

You know yourself, you know your CV, simple: what is about you that's not on the CV.

Which club do you support?

Where do you like to holiday (like your village, abroad etc)?

Do you, like me, enjoy playing football every Saturday?

These are things about anyone that are not required to be on CV.

Don't talk about skills, because skills are expected to be on your CV.

2 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Ladycloud(f): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
itz as easy as! #na only me waka cum!
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by nasonaso: 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ok UKo
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by princelolly(f): 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
It means introduce urself
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by laoludavid(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
What an eductive thread. Pls house i need a good and well accepted format of a cv. Anybody that have it can send it to oladavid4u@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by femi4: 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
AriDsexy:
Well said,I even took some of ur points u know?But d thing is,if u give all ds details when asked "who are u" what do u tell the interviewer if ur asked "why do u think we should hire u"??
Creativity is key here, you can say the same thing in different ways

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by expensive007(m): 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
K. Noted
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Perpetual459: 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Very interesting and educative topic.what of if d interviewer ask d applicant dat 'do you ve any question for us?what are d likely answers to d question?
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Tylenol: 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
Interviewer: May we meet you?

You: You already have cool

Guaranteed job offer!
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by AriDsexy(f): 12:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Jarus:

While that may not be the reason you were dropped, it's actually a red flag.

Next time don't say that. A more humble way to say that is, " In all modesty, I have always done well anywhere I found myself, including my current place of work, and I don't think your company will be different.".
Thank u sir.

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by toygod2: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
nice
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by iamskiigii(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Let me lie I didn't learn a thing or two from this thread.
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Fabzgrace(f): 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Make money online visit
http://earn4task.com/?id=39781
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Lathunjimi(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
...that reminds me of my first job interview in 2008.
After lots of questions including the one we are presently discussing, the interviewer asked if I was a very fast learner but because I didn't want to over rate myself I humbly and stupidly said "NO but I'm fast enough to learn anything in the shortest space of time" Na im the halt tell me "thank you sir, we ll get back to you". Well I can't say if they will call me tomorrow, but I learnt from my mistake and subsequently I never failed to market my skills but was careful not to over hype them.

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Biggybountz: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Lero15: "schoolboy"? Nonsense.
Bro, save your epistle for another person.
Check my other posts.

No Worries man, different ideologies for different folks. Have a lovely week ahead.
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Lero15(m): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
Biggybountz:

No Worries man, different ideologies for different folks. Have a lovely week ahead.
I didn't mean any harm...but u shouldn't have replied that way. It's ok to state your point, but u ridiculed mine. Besides I explained my points further in latter posts.
Have a lovelier weekend.
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by AdeniyiA(m): 3:07am On Sep 29, 2014
Panel : May we meet you?
Akpos: Chu, no be me dey for your front so??

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by jagagbosa(m): 10:52am On Feb 25, 2015
You can watch this movie THE APPRENTICES it all about interviews for jobs..you would learn a lot from it and thank me later...

2 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
Marvin67:
. Those are the things everyone would say, if u say those, you wouldn't captivate the employer, cos he hears those same things from almost every applicant. The question "can we meet u?" means in other words, "sell urself to us" the best way to answer it, is to tell the interview all the above mentioned detalis, and quickly add the qualities you possess that u feel would make u excel on the job.
guddd
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by devlishGINGER(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) Recruitment 2017 / INEC Recruitment 2012 / Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.