Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK (33233 Views)

I Prefer To Live My Life In Prison –murder Suspect (Photo) / Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse / British Police Offer Reward For Info On Murder Suspect Who Fled To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by lalasticlala(m): 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
A man suspected of murdering a TV actor five years ago and then fleeing to Nigeria has been arrested.

Carl Beatson Asiedu, 19 - who appeared in CBBC's MI High - was stabbed in the heart near Club Life nightclub in Vauxhall, south London,in 2009

Jeffrey Okafor, 23, wanted over the death of Mr Asiedu, was held by authorities in the west African country on Tuesday.

Moves are under way to bring Mr Okafor back to Britain.

"Tragic Death"

In August Mr Asiedu's family appealed for help in finding his killer.

His father John Asiedu said:

"I still feel the pain and get a lump in my throat whenever his tragic death crosses my mind, or when I hear that someone has been stabbed to death.

"Part of me died with him and I have to carry on living with what is left of me."

Mr Okafor left the UK for Nigeria in the days after the stabbing, and detectives launched a Facebook appeal to try to find him.

Police also offered a reward of £10,000 for information leading to Mr Okafor's arrest and prosecution.

He was last captured on CCTV boarding an Air France flight at Heathrow Airport using his brother's passport.

source: http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-29386049

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
How is this politics?

1 Like

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by moneybag100: 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Okafor again? Thank God he's been caught. He should be extradited back to U.K to face judgment and brought back to kirikiri prison.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 27, 2014
You can run but you can't hide.

Go face justice.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by focus7: 12:25am On Sep 27, 2014
J. OKAFOR, hea.

3 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by RayPsst(m): 2:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Going Tribal?? Naah!!

1 Like

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by scribble: 3:00am On Sep 27, 2014
Is this picture of victim or perp

6 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by focus7: 6:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist: Going Tribal?? Naah!!
this moniker can put u into problem o.

16 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:14am On Sep 27, 2014
scribble: Is this picture of victim or perp

that's the victim.

2 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 27, 2014
Igbos again!!!!!!eating and destroying where they never sow!!!demonic pests

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by hugelyendowed: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2014
d guy he killed is also a Nigerian too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by englishmart(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
What must be, must be.
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
You did the crime, go do the time. The guy is a prick, why run away when you could've just stayed, and get sentenced to 15-20 years, with 5 years spent now? Now, he's most likely going to get 25 to life. And since the rest have been sentenced, there is absolutely no way he can beat the case.

R.I.P Asiedu.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by jmoore(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Agbacha oso, aguo mailu.

7 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Idrismusty97(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
"Jeffrey Okafor"? Isn't he a Nigerian? Why won't he flee to his mother land where kidnapping, corruption and killings strive!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Heyliesha(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by 9jahubcom(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ok na....wat is next on d news
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
igbo kwenu.......

yoruba kwenu......
hausa kwenu..
..no pun intended..

3 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by free2ryhme: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
good one

1 Like

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by constance500: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Past tense / issue

Wheeeeeeeew
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by jjwaterfalls(f): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Good and bad news.
RIP to d dead
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by datguru: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
God of vengeance
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
shymexx: You did the crime, go do the time. The guy is a prick, why run away when you could've just stayed, and get sentenced to 15-20 years, with 5 years spent now? Now, he's most likely going to get 25 to life. And since the rest have been sentenced, there is absolutely no way he can beat the case.

R.I.P Asiedu!

Peckham boys...belly of the beast and the jungle. We all started as beginners, and all turned to sinners in the belly of the beast. Boys are men now - new day, new orientation, and new money. R.I.P to all the fallen soldiers, and those locked up. Memories, but it's all good.
soldiers on what mission?

7 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by iceberylin(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
osaass: You can run but you can't hide.
Go face justice.
Seconded angry

6 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
News to my ears.
Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Good. Let him face the law.

2 Likes

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by yim(f): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
No hiding place for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
No photos of the murderer? That pic is the victim. See the photos of that killer Here

1 Like

Re: Murder Suspect, Jeffrey Okafor Arrested 5 Years After Fleeing To Nigeria From UK by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
I have to quit nairaland and start following international news as they develop. I can't believe the British Police put a £10,000 reward on this guy's head and I was wasting away on this forum. embarassed embarassed

I have to look out for others like him with a price on their head cos lots of Nigerians are in the UK. Officially turning bounty hunter.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Strips Unclad To Fight A Police Officer In Ikorodu (video) / 62-year-old Man Arrested For Fingering Neighbour’s 10-year Old Daughter - Photo / F-SARS Arrests Most Wanted Imo Kidnappers, Recovers Pistol, Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.