Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? (2543 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers / Couples Should Take Antenatal Care Seriously or risk This (Graphic photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by sirekene: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2014
During atenatal period,,some women will choose or prefer a male doctor to be checking on them till they give birth to their baby...
So my question to the women in this group is:
why do you women prefer male doctors to check ur baby during atenatal period..
Question for the real guymen here:
will u want a male doctor to check ur wife during atenatal?
Matured answers please
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by eleojo23: 8:36am On Sep 27, 2014
I guess it's a season of male vs female threads.
I foresee... lipsrsealed
Over to those concerned...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by sirekene: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2014
Pls this is not a war. Just wanna know y cos its gradually becoming d order of d day
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by cococandy(f): 9:23am On Sep 27, 2014
How do you know?
sirekene: Just wanna know y cos its gradually becoming d order of d day
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by sirekene: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2014
cococandy: How do you know?
cococandy: How do you know?

Well, my life revolves around women...... Dnt get it twisted
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by freecharles(m): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2014
Because Like poles Repel, Unlike poles Attract if you know what I mean

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Alleinad(f): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2014
I guess the male doctors are more careful and understanding than the female doctors. The female doctors can be mechanical a times. I never born o, I just dey reason am BTW male and female nurses.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by egopersonified(f): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Any dr on call attends to any patient, male or female. I only know of women prefering the attention of an elderly male gynaecologist because of his years of experience to avoid unnecesary complications.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by okirewaju(f): 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
I never used any male doctor during my antenatal

Fastforward to my delivery, the female nurse(s) were just checking me roughly that at a point I had to ask one if she had given birth before but when the male doctor took over,he kept checking me with so much care
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
I don't prefer male gynecologist....at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
They know men are generally more competent tongue.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by sirekene: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
Or could be that the male touches are irrestistible cool
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by thorpido(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
From experience,males are more patient with females than with females with other females.
There's just a beef thing between females I have observed over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
I'd definitely prefer a female doctor.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
I have friends who have given birth having male and female doctors.

Nobody complained.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 12:31am On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe: I have friends who have given birth having male and female doctors.

Nobody complained.

Maybe they didn't complain to you but to their husbands.
OR maybe what you really mean is that you have 1 or 2 friends who have given birth having male and female doctors, and not friendS as in at least 10 like you make it seem grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by lovinam: 5:08am On Sep 28, 2014
How many female obgyn do you know in Nigeria? That's the answer to your question
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Maybe they didn't complain to you but to their husbands.
OR maybe what you really mean is that you have 1 or 2 friends who have given birth having male and female doctors, and not friendS as in at least 10 like you make it seem grin

What is your point?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by parismarc: 9:12am On Sep 28, 2014
I don't have preference for any over the other,as far as you are good, I'm cool with it.

During labour with my second baby,a female nurse examined me first and she was good and professional,she told me me I've already dilated 4 centimeters,then came the young male doctor on call, the way he examined me was so ...... Don't even know how to describe it, i was like what the hell is this? He now went further to say that there is no evidence of rupture when I've already seen my show. I just eyed him and kept quiet.

anyway, as I said earlier, I don't really care, just know what you are doing, do what's best for my baby and I and I've got no issues.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by mumumugu(m): 9:20am On Sep 28, 2014
It is romantic
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What is your point?
You need me to spell it out? Come on, you're smarter than that...
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
You need me to spell it out? Come on, you're smarter than that...

Lame attempt Cracky. Try harder. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Lame attempt Cracky. Try harder. tongue
Stop trying to make yourself feel better by talking me down. Do you need me to spell it out for you or not? grin

You can also tell me what I need to try harder at, I'm lost on that... undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Stop trying to make yourself feel better by talking me down. Do you need me to spell it out for you or not? grin

You can also tell me what I need to try harder at, I'm lost on that... undecided

I need you to spell it out for me.

Patiently waiting
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I need you to spell it out for me.

Patiently waiting
You are not right all the time.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
You are not right all the time.

Did I say so?

And is this the answer to my question?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Did I say so?

And is this the answer to my question?
You don't have to say so...and yes, it's the answer to your question 'basically'.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
You don't have to say so...and yes, it's the answer to your question 'basically'.

You don't make sense now and you know it but it's ok.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You don't make sense now and you know it but it's ok.

Why do you think i don't make sense?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Why do you think i don't make sense?

First of all, the question whether I refer to 1 or to 2 friends was pointless.
I used the plural form. Plural = more than one.

Secondly, I have more than two friends with babies but anyway.
Even if I had talked about ONLY TWO, I would have only shared my personal experience. Obviously.

So what's your point?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by crackhaus: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, the question whether I refer to 1 or to 2 friends was pointless.
I used the plural form. Plural = more than one.

Secondly, I have more than two friends with babies but anyway.
Even if I had talked about ONLY TWO, I would have only shared my personal experience. Obviously.

So what's your point?

Don't burst a nerve on my account, I already made my point...which is, you're not right all the time. cheesy

Or maybe they didn't complain to you tongue
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by cococandy(f): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
The women you know probably prefer male doctors.
Not all women do sha.
Life is full of variety
sirekene:

Well, my life revolves around women...... Dnt get it twisted

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am A One Minute Man! / Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? / If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.