Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: (8680 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2014
1. There are currently about 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses around the world.

2. An average of over 800 people become Jehovah's Witnesses daily.

3. We keep coming to your doors even though we have regular jobs and family like you because Jesus Christ commanded his followers to do so.

4. We do not participate in wars and for this reason more than 1600 Jehovah's Witnesses were killed by Hitler

5. There are currently over 300 Jehovah's Witnesses in Prison in South Korea and Egypt because they refused to stop preaching or enlist in the military.

6. We don't salute the flag or sing national Anthems because we pledge our allegiance only to God.

7. Yes we have fun and party too.

8. Not many of us know the name of the President of our organization because we do not pay any reverence to him. He is a fellow servant of God just like the rest of us are.

9. You earn the privilege of becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's not given to you or passed down. And it doesn't happen overnight.

10. During the 1920s and 30s, we had the largest broadcasting network in the world, of 53 stations in 1927, 107 in 1928, 250 in 1931, and 408 in 1933.

11. 1 out every 455 Nigerians is one of Jehovah's Witnesses and 1 out of every 262 Americans is one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

12. Every year, more people read our monthly magazines than any other magazines in the World.

13. Until 2 years ago Jehovah's Witnesses were the only religion required to pay taxes in France.

14. Do you know as one of Jehovah's Witnesses I could visit any country and spend a night at any Jehovah's Witnesses'without either of us feeling suspicious of each other.

15. Last year Jehovah's Witnesses around the World spent a total of 1,841,180,235 hours preaching about God's Kingdom.

16. We own the largest printing press in the World & yet non of our publications are for sale.

17. The first motion picture ever made with sound and color were produced by Jehovah's Witnesses. (THE PHOTO DRAMA OF CREATION BY CHARLES T RUSSEL)

18. Our website, jw.org, now has content in 700 languages and dialects, by far the most available on any website.

To learn more visit: http://www.jw.org/en/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by enimcnite(m): 11:00am On Sep 27, 2014
i still can't stand them, them no dey give up on top pesin mata
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by gede7744(f): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2014
noted.
but how does this one relates to heaven and here after?

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by thegoodone2(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2014
good.keep on do the work of God. Jesus christ said who ever that is calling his name will be save. Jesus is lord.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by pweedyuz(f): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2014
19. Our bible is the one nd only bible...every other one is irrelevant nd fake

i love dem jehova witness cos of ur works buh u guys can turn bible eh!!!
nd u dont try nd listen to what others have to say,,,,ur word is ur word
jesus was nailed to a stake,after dis world comes paradise

Well,,evrione to his own beliefs

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by 2cato: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2014
If 800 people ar becoming JW every day since their inception then you are suppose to be having a total of 2000billion member and not 8million. Correct me if i am wrong.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by hushmail: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
very impressive

bt u cleverly forgot blood transfusions n d bible commanded us to obey our rulers

pls dont quote me grin

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
pweedyuz: 19. Our bible is the one nd only bible...every other one is irrelevant nd fake

i love dem jehova witness cos of ur works buh u guys can turn bible eh!!!
nd u dont try nd listen to what others have to say,,,,ur word is ur word
jesus was nailed to a stake,after dis world comes paradise

Well,,evrione to his own beliefs RELIGION
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by TeamSimple(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
19. They are all Virgins.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Malcolmx12: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
TeamSimple: 19. They are all Virgins.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
hushmail: very impressive

bt u cleverly forgot blood transfusions n d bible commanded us to obey our rulers

pls dont quote me grin
Lol
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
jw publisher....... I hail o,,,,,, it all begun before 1800s when men can't infer who God is from the understanding of the Bible....... some envisage him to be a Spirit and never can he be seen and others he can be seen..... many are losing because of fallacy and sophistry who can help............. after 1800s men have to translate their own Bible to suit their own perception....... the age move on the Bible is now an up side down invention of it original manuscript who can help...... Jehovah is the name of God who then is Elohim?,,,,, Christ is or was a god who told u he is or was?.......the KJV of John 1:1 is absolutely wrong so the correction is made......... Adam and Eve are the cause of our problems today, who told u that?

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
The problem i have with Jehovah witness is that they are too dogmatic and they hold tenaciously to their beliefs without subjecting it to critical thinking!!!

How on earth dyu want me to follow a SECT that do not pray with other people?

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
gede7744: noted.
but how does this one relates to heaven and here after?

There are valuable bible publications available for sincere truth seekers. For example, you can read the October 1, 2014 Issue of the Watchtower that has the title: "God's Kingdom-What Can It Mean For You?" via http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20141001/
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
2cato: If 800 people ar becoming JW every day since their inception then you are suppose to be having a total of 2000billion member and not 8million. Correct me if i am wrong.

Statistics show that in a recent year the average number of people becoming Jehovah's Witnesses is 800 per day
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
2cato: If 800 people ar becoming JW every day since their inception then you are suppose to be having a total of 2000billion member and not 8million. Correct me if i am wrong.

Statistics show that in a recent year the average number of people becoming Jehovah's Witnesses is 800 per day.

You can find more factual information about Jehovah's Witnesses visit http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Taylor184: Jehovah witness...they hold tenaciously to their beliefs

That's obviously because they are publishers of bible truths and the bible is Jehovah's Words! smiley What more authority do one need?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by 2cato: 5:31am On Sep 30, 2014
Saltlight:

Statistics show that in a recent year the average number of people becoming Jehovah's Witnesses is 800 per day.

You can find more factual information about Jehovah's Witnesses visit http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/
statistics lies and are misleading.

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 30, 2014
Saltlight:

That's obviously because they are publishers of bible truths and the bible is Jehovah's Words! smiley What more authority do one need?
Really?
But i would like to know if Jehovah Witnesses study their scripture without making recourse to Watchtower or Awake,i mean just studyin the bible on it own!

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2014

You are right,
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2014
Saltlight:

Do you believe the bible is the word of God?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2014
Saltlight:

Please prove that the statistics are not misleading by posting the link to them, or copies of the statistics.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by alentyno: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2014
The stat says on 'average' it doesn't mean 800 peeps are being converted daily. Even the op can't comprehend stats. Average in math is different from average in general english
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by alentyno: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Saltlight:
6. We don't salute the flag or sing national
Anthems
because we pledge our allegiance only
to God
You guys are sick.

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2014
alentyno:
You guys are sick.

Hello, I think you may have made the wrong choice of words, why not engage him/her on why they don't sing the national anthem.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mmsen: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2014
20. They are as crazy as their Catholic, Protestant and Muslim brethren.

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by patrickmuf(m): 9:06am On Sep 30, 2014
Pledge your allegiance to God and God alone? Even the Bible says give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar... Hypocrites everywhere you turn...Religion is just a control tool

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by 2cato: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2014
alentyno:
The stat says on 'average' it doesn't mean 800 peeps are being converted daily. Even the op can't comprehend stats. Average in math is different from average in general english
even if we are using mathematical average of 500 or 400 then they should be having more than 2billion members at present

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Taylor184:
Really?
But i would like to know if Jehovah Witnesses study their scripture without making recourse to Watchtower or Awake,i mean just studyin the bible on it own!

To settle the case say a part of the bible you are wondering if we have studied. Like "on it own!"
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
paulGrundy:

go to our website jw.org
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Saltlight:

go to our website jw.org

I asked you a question and you are refering me your website, you didn't even post the link to the answer.

Am not clicking on that site.

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2014
paulGrundy:

Of course, and that is why we use it when calling at your door. Are you not observant?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Throwbacks As Christ Embassy Celebrates 30 Years #Blwcelebrates30years / Today I Quit Going To Church: It's All A Sham / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.