Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,981 members, 7,799,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) (73782 Views)

80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / Plantain Cultivation Is Increasing, Let Us Talk About The Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
I said it in the previous thread which asked whether apples grown in Nigeria that a certain type of apple also grows in Nigeria. But its the reddish yellow or reddish orange coloured one. And they are a bit smaller than the common lemon green coloured apple. This is the apple that this thread is talking about.
Dont get it twisted.This thread is talking about the green and red apple type(the common ones that u buy in shops)
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: .I am at oka(very close to f.f.f estate)
Will u be free tomorrow by 11a.m?I know definitely Aiyeboi will get in touch with you on this,He surely will,if you can make it,i will be @Famak petrol by 11a.m
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
Dreamcome2ru:
Will u be free tomorrow by 11a.m?I know definitely Aiyeboi will get in touch with you on this,He surely will,if you can make it,i will be @Famak petrol by 11a.m
.Owk.will get in touch with you.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by fairheven: 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: My residue is at ondo city in ondo state,and it will take about 5yrs to harvest my first fruits.
But five years is rather too long,why not go for a hybrid seedlings that wd take lesar years,I also think that weather is a big factor,such crop will do better in areas like plateu state an the mambila plateu
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by 14teenK: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thiz is gonna be awesome if reali apples cn grow in Nigeria i stil dnt believe it i nid more concrete proff
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by shenney: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
I ve this same type of apple in my house.. We ve harvested the fruit like three times now but the the fruit is different from the imported one. But it is sweet sha... It is nt a real apple, especially the one posted by d op.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Chibokgame: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Truly ?
So Apples can grow in nigeria soil ,

see what over depending on CRUDE OIL can do to a giant of Africa .

Ministry of agriculture were lazy .
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by timilehing(m): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
egin gbenga4sure, well done
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: Dont get it twisted.This thread is talking about the green and red apple type(the common ones that u buy in shops)
ok
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by lordnammy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
Can it produce with same taste as the imported ones, have anyone tasted the fruits produced in Nigeria
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Onyegecha(f): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Very cool. please how can i get one to plant?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
timilehing: egin gbenga4sure, well done
yeah thanks
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Mclick(m): 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Good. How long does it take for apple to start bearing fruit? Someone pls tell us
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
shenney: I ve this same type of apple in my house.. We ve harvested the fruit like three times now but the the fruit is different from the imported one. But it is sweet sha... It is nt a real apple, especially the one posted by d op.
If u are less busy,come to ondo and i will take you to places where u will see them.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Expsbterror(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: pictures of my young apple plant.

C goat c apple...
C boys c apple
C neighbors c apple
Kai... Omo na free apple u just plant... Beta build some CIA level 13 security fence around it..

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
But OP ur apple leaves dont look like the leaves of your family friends apple tree. Is it not possible that your apple is the local nigerian apple?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by bot101(m): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Expsbterror:

C goat c apple...
C boys c apple
C neighbors c apple
Kai... Omo na free apple u just plant... Beta build some CIA level 13 security fence around it..

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by princelolly(f): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
How am I surpose 2 knw dat datx an apple tree and were x d apple?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by mbulela: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
phreakabit:

I am somewhat pro GEJ too but this is Lunacy on display by you.
Why should I not display lunacy when the head of the asylum called GEJ released his drunken statistics of 50% reduction in unemployment?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by 14teenK: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
shenney: I ve this same type of apple in my house.. We ve harvested the fruit like three times now but the the fruit is different from the imported one. But it is sweet sha... It is nt a real apple, especially the one posted by d op.
wat!! do u mean u hav harvested d same type of apple shown by d op in dt pix more dan 3 times?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by zurine(f): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
wow
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Gidigidi3(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
rosety: Apples CAN grow in Nigeria and other tropical regions but not all apple varieties will fruit even when they grow. This is because most apple varieties require cold periods to begin fruiting (trying not to use technical jargon). However, varieties like Anna and Fuji do not require long cold periods or require higher temperatures to stimulate fruiting - temperatures that are reachable in Nigeria, temps in the 25°c region.
A client of mine just started an apple-avocado farm in Jos and we supplied about 150 bare-rooted trees purchased from Florida. Now temperatures in Florida don't get as cold as in most other parts of the American and European continents and the Anna variety of apples does very well there. The trees we planted are still young but they are doing very well. I expect fruits this time next year.

I am interested, let us have ur email.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Is it possible for someone in Lagos to get in touch with you on how toi get one of those your apple seedling?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by firestar(f): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
donlyone:

That looks like a fruit a friend gave me, he called it African apple, the taste was horrible.

This is the hybrid African Apple (Maroon)

Sorry o. Was it the pink or white variety?
Some of them smacks your cheeks as punishment.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by femijck(m): 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
henryadex: STOP ALL THE HULLABALOO ABOUT APPLE GROWING IN OUR SOIL IT ALL A RUSE THE APPLE IN PIC IS NOT THE ORIGINAL APPLE IT IS THE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO TYPE I BET YOU CAN FINISH ONE OF IT 'COS OF THE SAVOUR IF YOU DARE FINISH ONE YOU CAN'T EAT THE SECOND ONE THE SEED INSIDE THIS APPLE IS AS BIG IF NOT BIGGER THAN WALLNUT SEED. I HAVE IT CLOSE TO MY HOUSE IT IS ONLY THE CHILDREN THAT COMES FOR IT, I FIRST PLANTED LATTER I CUT IT OFF AND REPLACE IT WITH MANGO IF YOU CARE TO HAVE A LOOK COME TO KELVIN BUS STOP AGBADO-IJOKO ROAD IJOKO OTA ASK ANY BODY THAT THEY SHOULD TAKE YOU TO WHERE APPLE TREE IS YOU WILL SEE A HANDFUL OR CALL 08028370836.
oh yea is not d pink one that turned red when ripped....I will update d big tree tomorrow.....it's here in front of my house
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by ResourceMan(m): 2:26am On Sep 29, 2014
uzolexis:
What was that for? Did I insult anybody? I just made a statement wc i'm very sure of and ur insulting. If you have not seen it you should ask instead of wallowing in ur ignorance and insulting me.
Ignorance is indeed a very serious disease.

I Love this reply of yours, shows your maturity. B.T.W. i saw your signature and rushed to check your profile pictures, cos I knew you will be a "Black Beauty".

NB: can u wire those improved Apple seedlings
I need Apples Yum Yumly grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by ResourceMan(m): 2:28am On Sep 29, 2014
purplish: Apples! Yum Yum cheesy

I am telling you, the best fruit in the world. "An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away"
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by finditng: 2:30am On Sep 29, 2014
purplish: Apples! Yum Yum cheesy

Eyah!....poor apple....you still @ the infant stage and smone here is already salivating on munching you tyt....lol!....they really don't care abt u....just d "yum yum" you gonna be about...lmao
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Sacramento4real(m): 5:43am On Sep 29, 2014
My residue is at ondo city in ondo state,and it will take about 5yrs to harvest my first fruits.

U mean d year wey dat clueless man say na he wan take comot from office? grin
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Sanchez01: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2014
Lemme follow for future reference. Now I know where to look when I finally make up my mind on planting them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.