Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? (2670 Views)

Is It Okay For A Man To Cry In Front Of His Woman? / Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / Is It Ever Okay To Make Little Babies Up ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2014
Some years back, my uncle told me a story concerning one of his friends, who was fund of mocking him for not getting married despite his age. (37)

So one day, he called my uncle on phone to tell him of his impending wedding ceremony, and therefore pleaded that my uncle lends him some money.

I don't know what happened thereafter.
But I kept thinking about this!
"why borrow money for weddings?
To me, it doesn't seem upright.

What do you think?
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by ogoplus: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2014
It depends o!
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by egopersonified(f): 11:53am On Sep 27, 2014
A man who borrows for a wedding ceremony would soon start borrowing to feed his family.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by lomaxx: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2014
Why would you borrow money to do wedding? Is it an investment? It's the height of financial foolishness. Nigerians should stop this attitude of trying to impress people with what they don't have. Ater the wedding nkor? What would you use to feed your wife and children? Besides any woman that cannot understand that there's more to life than an extravagant wedding should find place and chill. No be by force abeg

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Not wise at all.
Plan the wedding with the little You have.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by esof1(f): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Na mad people dey borrow money for wedding

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by perry2020(f): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
Don't buy the idea.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by eleojo23: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
The reason some people borrow money is to have a grand or lavish wedding maybe because someone they know had that type of wedding.

My advice:
If they think that having a 'mega' wedding will guarantee a blissful marital life and keep the marriage strong till death do them part, then let them go ahead and borrow for the occasion.
But if they know that this is just a ceremony and that the real deal begins after the ceremony, then let them use whatever resources they have.

A grand wedding is not a passport to a great marital life.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by TeamSimple(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
This kind of weddimg you attend and see the groom smile in an uncomfortable manner,coz his calculating withing him how to repay the debt. Expecially when he sees the wrong faces on attendance.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
ogoplus: It depends o!
depends on what pls.?
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
egopersonified: A man who borrows for a wedding ceremony would soon start borrowing to feed his family.
I tire o. Or maybe he might recover the money he borrowed, from the wedding ceremony Lol. cheesy

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
lomaxx: Why would you borrow money to do wedding? Is it an investment? It's the height of financial foolishness. Nigerians should stop this attitude of trying to impress people with what they don't have. Ater the wedding nkor? What would you use to feed your wife and children? Besides any woman that cannot understand that there's more to life than an extravagant wedding should find place and chill. No be by force abeg
very succinctly said.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
3cycle: Not wise at all.
Plan the wedding with the little You have.
exactly my thought
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by littlemistress: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
What about those who obtain loans from banks to fund their wedding?? They fail to remember that there's life after wedding., wedding is for a day or two., marriage is for a life-time.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
littlemistress: What about those who obtain loans from banks to fund their wedding?? They fail to remember that there's life after wedding., wedding is for a day or two., marriage is for a life-time.
brain
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by OprMgt: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
I just sent u PM, pls reply.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
OprMgt: I just sent u PM, pls reply.
I haven't seen it.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
egopersonified: A man who borrows for a wedding ceremony would soon start borrowing to feed his family.
My thoughts.God forbid o.Before the guy will turn to serial onigbese.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
littlemistress: What about those who obtain loans from banks to fund their wedding?? They fail to remember that there's life after wedding., wedding is for a day or two., marriage is for a life-time.
Yea.When I was getting married,my sisters had high expectations.Buy this ,buy that,do this,do that.Well,just ignored them.Cut your coat according to your size.Why borrow for a day's event when you have lorry loads of responsibilities ahead.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
Augustbreak: Yea.When I was getting married,my sisters had high expectations.Buy this ,buy that,do this,do that.Well,just ignored them.Cut your coat according to your size.Why borrow for a day's event when you have lorry loads of responsibilities ahead.
at least you spend and remain some for August break. grin cheesy
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by aniobimartin: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sane people don't borrow for anything
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Godmystrength: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
NO NO NO
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
Godmystrength:
NO NO NO

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Fxwarrior: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
egopersonified:
A man who borrows for a wedding ceremony would soon start borrowing to feed his family.

This is the most sensible post by a woman I have ever read in recent times.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Ezibless: 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
Any man who borrows to wed,is building a bad foundation for his family.

If you don't have enough to fund the white wedding,just go for pastor's blessings and prayers,i.e after traditional wedding.

Nobody would crucify you o.

If pple wan chop rice,make dem come your naming ceremony.
At least,no wedding cake,gown,reception hall e.t.c grin tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ezibless:
Any man who borrows to wed,is building a bad foundation for his family.

If you don't have enough to fund the white wedding,just go for pastor's blessings and prayers,i.e after traditional wedding.

Nobody would crucify you o.

If pple wan chop rice,make dem come your naming ceremony.
At least,no wedding cake,gown,reception hall e.t.c grin tongue
aha! Special adviser on marriage affairs. grin nice one there

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Ezibless: 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
englishmart:
aha! Special adviser on marriage affairs. grin nice one there
cool
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Pavore9: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
lt is foolishness at its peak!
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
Pavore9:
lt is foolishness at its peak!
lol. Your opinion though
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Pavore9: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
englishmart:
lol. Your opinion though
ls a bad foundation upon which d marriage is built on. lt makes no sense that after people have forgotten the rice they ate at ur wedding,u are still struggling to repay.
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by englishmart(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Pavore9:
ls a bad foundation upon which d marriage is built on. lt makes no sense that after people have forgotten the rice they ate at ur wedding,u are still struggling to repay.
lol. So you are still an active member of this forum, I thought it would take you ages to reply. grin

Just saying
Re: Is It Okay To Borrow Money For Your Wedding Ceremony? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
He should plan a small wedding with his money, How will he pay back his dept after the wedding? U know the finances increase afterwards

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Family Friends Use Their Step Mother As Their Profile Picture On Facebook / My Younger Brother Is A Nightmare -- How Can I Help Him? / If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.