Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

How I Became A Rational Skeptic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Became A Rational Skeptic (1290 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist / The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by pesty100(m): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
jdilight:

Check out the explanation a gave about Paul. That one is a sinner doesn't mean he is not seeking God. Look Moses, do you think the time God met him was the first time he was leading his sheep to that part of the forest? no. We don't find God as saints, we seek him as sinners, find him as sinner but walk with him as saints.
the same explanation is applicable to me... If you had read about descrates or epicurus then u would understand better
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
jdilight:

If you study Paul well. He was doing all he was doing thinking he was serving God. When he was shown the right way his energy was not reduced in anyway. That how to know a man of true conviction.

And what about Thomas?
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
jdilight:

Yes, a skeptic is unstable

It depends on the kind of skeptic your talking, but will suit agnotics anyway. An atheist is stable

and my bible said he will not receive anything good of God.
It also depends. To prove that atheists are stable: they don't expect anything from your God.
Let me reveal you a secret. I began to hear God when I began to obey him totally.

Hallucination!!!
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Macelliot(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
pesty100: would we be more enlightened when we die
Mysteries "hidden" under the Sun will start revealing itself to a Man when he breathes his last....
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by pesty100(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2014
Macelliot:
Mysteries "hidden" under the Sun will start revealing itself to a Man when he breathes his last....
its the same as saying we would be enlightened when we die, if so then why should a more enlightened entity be punished for what it did when it was less enlightened
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
pesty100: its the same as saying we would be enlightened when we die, if so then why should a more enlightened entity be punished for what it did when it was less enlightened

theists lack common sense.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
jbird1:

Yeah, practically everyone.

Then you should have learn from them how they did it.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
pesty100: paul was a sinner and wasn't seeking God, and also if being a skeptic is a sin then am a sinner... Then automatically am seeking God now as a sinner... I wonder why he hasn't yet found me... Have Got so many philosophical questions to ask him

Go an study the account of Saul, you will understand what he did and why he did it. You are only looking at what he did.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
pesty100: the same explanation is applicable to me... If you had read about descrates or epicurus then u would understand better

As I said earlier, every information we have has a source. And the sources of all information we have is spiritual. As man is inspired so he writes. The source of every information is very important to what it will turn the receiver into.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pr0ton:

And what about Thomas?

Please who is thomas?
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by pesty100(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
jdilight:

Go an study the account of Saul, you will understand what he did and why he did it. You are only looking at what he did.
if you studied what I wrote very well then you would understand why am a skeptic
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pr0ton:

It depends on the kind of skeptic your talking, but will suit agnotics anyway. An atheist is stable

It also depends. To prove that atheists are stable: they don't expect anything from your God.

Hallucination!!!

ok
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
pesty100: if you studied what I wrote very well then you would understand why am a skeptic

Everyone is title to his way of live, that I respect. But is good to try to point out a few things that maybe misunderstood.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by pesty100(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
jdilight:

As I said earlier, every information we have has a source. And the sources of all information we have is spiritual. As man is inspired so he writes. The source of every information is very important to what it will turn the receiver into.
the source of all information we have is spiritual Waoh!!!
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
pesty100: the source of all information we have is spiritual Waoh!!!

Hahaha, your not aware? Nothing that happen on earth that have not happened in the spirit.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by pesty100(m): 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
jdilight:

Hahaha, your not aware? Nothing that happen on earth that have not happened in the spirit.
can you please check my signature
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
jdilight:

Please who is thomas?

You said something earlier (in the first page) that a person must be close to God before he can hear from Him.

For the purpose of opposing your statement I gave an example, Paul, who God encountered with the fact that he wasn't close to God. You defened yourself by saying that he thought he was pleasing God.. Maybe that's why God revealed himself to him.

So I mentioned another person, Thomas, an unbeliever (who can't be close to God) yet God revealed Himself to him.

-Thomas was one of Jesus's disciples.

jdilight: God said you will find Him when you seek (not look for Him, but seek) Him with all your heart.

Remember that too?
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pr0ton:

You said something earlier (in the first page) that a person must be close to God before he can hear from Him.

For the purpose of opposing your statement I gave an example, Paul, who God encountered with the fact that he wasn't close to God. You defened yourself by saying that he thought he was pleasing God.. Maybe that's why God revealed himself to him.

So I mentioned another person, Thomas, an unbeliever (who can't be close to God) yet God revealed Himself to him.

-Thomas was one of Jesus's disciples.

Remember that too?

If you see my opinion as defending myself, I will stop. Am not in any fight with anyone. Everyone got his life to live. Don't like fighting.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
This is one thing I hate about our local pastors. They exaggerate things too much. How could a rational person say this?

jdilight:

You mean everything that happens here on earth had already happened in the spirit?

Ebola disease had happened in the spirit.

BokoHaram crisis had happened in the spirit.

Rain had fallen in the spirit before it fell on earth

You'd taken your bath in the spirit before you took the one in the morning.

I'd joined Nairaland in the spirit before I joined here on earth.

My laptop had spoilt in the spirit before it spoilt here.

Everything happening here had already happened in the spirit.

I hope I've gotten my admission in the spirit
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
jdilight:

If you see my opinion as defending myself, I will stop. Am not in any fight with anyone. Everyone got his life to live. Don't like fighting.

Defending yourself doesn't mean your fighting. It's just to let people know that your right. And if you can't defend it... Your probably deceiving us
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by jdilight(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pr0ton: This is one thing I hate about our local pastors. They exaggerate things too much. How could a rational person say this?

You mean everything that happens here on earth had already happened in the spirit?

Ebola disease had happened in the spirit.

BokoHaram crisis had happened in the spirit.

Rain had fallen in the spirit before it fell on earth

You'd taken your bath in the spirit before you took the one in the morning.

I'd joined Nairaland in the spirit before I joined here on earth.

My laptop had spoilt in the spirit before it spoilt here.

Everything happening here had already happened in the spirit.

I hope I've gotten my admission in the spirit

If your not aware, as a skeptic try joining a spiritual cult.
Re: How I Became A Rational Skeptic by Pr0ton: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
jdilight:

If your not aware, as a skeptic try joining a spiritual cult.

Recommend one for me

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Become A Jehova Witness ? / Are Christ Embassy Pastors Paid???? / If You Are A Christian, Please Stop Doing These 5 Things.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.