Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,385 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. (3663 Views)

Sick Man Goes To Doctors And He's Told That ‘He's A Woman’ / 78-yr-old Granny Goes To School / Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
This past week, there was triumph and jubilation in India as the people of India proudly showcased their Can-do attitude when their Mars mission craft successfully took orbit on Mars, earth's neighboring planetary body.

India has not only proved that education, scientific education specifically, is an equalizer, but that determination and financial frugality is not a myth in developing economies.

I have sounded the alarm, that their is a quite but very frantic space race happening at this very moment.
Aside from the well-known missions of the US and Russia, Britian and the EU have recently joined the fray with their own Mars missions.
For anyone paying attention, China just landed a craft on the moon not too long ago. Japan already has a Mars mission as well as elaborate plans for future space missions.
Brazil, and even Iran have also gone far in their space programs and missions.

From both an economic and military point of view, whoever controls or dominates space will inevitatbly dominate and control the Earth.
So for the future, the presence and dominance of space will, just like in the colonial era, determine who is going to master and who is going to be slave.

It is for this reason that any nation worth it's salt does not want to be left behind.

It is worthy to note that the US congress and senate recently passed a bill authorizing private corporations to claim as property any resources (or technology?) that the corporation discover in space.
So, the scramble for the infinite resources ( and technological artifacts wink?) of space has begun in earnest.

I reiterate this again will all seriousness:
Africans hoping and waiting to be raptured should beware, otherwise, they may just find themselves on the dark side of the moon digging for precious metals , as space slaves. sad

I do not think that fundamental human rights extends beyond our planet.

9 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
It is also worthy of note that india achieved this marvelous feat on a shoestring budget of just $74m.

In Nigeria, $74m is less than the cost of Abuja stadium, and probably the budget for office of the senate president.

That amount should also be close to how much money our governments spends on sponsoring religious pilgrimages of our tokumbo religions.

In India, with a population of 1billion, a country that makes $400 billion from IT(brain?) exports alone, a legislator makes the equivalence of $35,000 per annum.
Now compare that with Nigeria, population 160 million est., whose entire economy relies on just $21 billion per year in oil revenue, pays it's legislators more than $2 million per annum.

Do the math, and see what is wrong, and why we can never send a craft to mars.

And oh!, did I mention that our math and computer science professors are leading the largest religious congregations in Africa?
Do the math.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by myads890(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hahahaha. That's a very funny view point. Reminds me of the beginning of the last star trek movie. The natives remind me of Africans.

We are still battling constant electrcity supply, good roads, water, quality educationand other basic facilities. By battling, I'm referring to US, the masses.

Last bullet: Our government officials will start planning on the next budget looting. Look out for the headlines "GEJ requests for $100trn for Nigerian space trip".
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
op,usa india and other countries who believe in live inside mars but do not believe in rapture are FOOLS

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Marshiro(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Don't know when Nigeria will travel to the moon talkless of Mars.....May God help us in this our country

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by GooseBaba: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
It's indeed sad and worrisome.. African are now the kings of abstract absolutes...

There are Africans that believe in chosen and none chosen people. therefore, people that accomplish greatness are favored.

I'm glad India is stepping up, this might be a reality check for some foolish Nigerian that there is nothing as chosen people. The afterlife will surely come, for now let's make sense of this life....

Not to mention, from an academic perspective, You see glorified technicians calling themselves engineers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by GooseBaba: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
hopelink1: op,usa india and other countries who believe in live inside mars but do not believe in rapture are FOOLS

This is what happens when fools talk.... Smh

You think say to land anything on Mars is all about reading a book, getting on your knees and believing.?

We're talking about fact based information you're talking about believe... If we were all zombies there will be no Internet..

2 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
GooseBaba:

This is what happens when fools talk.... Smh

You think say to land anything on Mars is all about reading a book, getting on your knees and believing.?

We're talking about fact based information you're talking about believe... If we were all zombies there will be no Internet..

To send a craft to the moon or Mars and have it land or dock at the precise point is like shooting an arrow from Lagos to Australia and have it hit the exact bullseye.
There are no hail Marys involved, just pure and applied scientific knowledge.
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton: It is also worthy of note that india achieved this marvelous feat on a shoestring budget of just $74m.

In Nigeria, $74m is less than the cost of Abuja stadium, and probably the budget for office of the senate president.

That amount should also be close to how much money our governments spends on sponsoring religious pilgrimages of our tokumbo religions.

In India, with a population of 1billion, a country that makes $400 billion from IT(brain?) exports alone, a legislator makes the equivalence of $35,000 per annum.
Now compare that with Nigeria, population 160 million est., whose entire economy relies on just $21 billion per year in oil revenue, pays it's legislators more than $2 million per annum.

Do the math, and see what is wrong, and why we can never send a craft to mars.

And oh!, did I mention that our math professors are leading the largest religious congregations in Africa?

Do the math.

What do you mean @ bold? LOL

Nice write up minus your Yahweh and Allah obsession grin Religion is NOT our problem in Nigeria....Corruption is! Faith doesn't make one a dummy Chief!

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

To send a craft to the moon or Mars and have it land or dock at the precise point is like shooting an arrow from Lagos to Australia and have it hit the exact bullseye.
There are no hail Marys involved, just pure and applied scientific knowledge.

Crap, most atheists on Nairaland are ignorant dummies....you are making it sound as if theists are illiterates and do not know anything about science; complete BS my dear carnal minded friend! Epic fail grin

2 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
doubleDx:

Crap, most atheists on Nairaland are ignorant dummies....you are making it sound as if theists are illiterates and do not know anything about science; complete BS my dear carnal minded friend! Epic fail grin

The above post highlights your insecurity.

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

The above post highlights your insecurity.

LOL grin Childish!

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
doubleDx:

Carnal minded?
That is exactly my point, sir.

It is simple carnal minded people of Indian that achieved this marvelous feat of engineering and science.

Anything other than objective carnal mind grounded on objective reality dwells in the domain of morons , imbeciles and charlatans.

So , where do you dwell , sir?
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

Carnal minded?

It is simple carnal minded people of Indian that achieved this marvelous feat of engineering and science.

Anything other than objective carnal mind grounded on objective reality dwells in the domain of morons , imbeciles and charlatans.

See yourself? I can't remember saying a "carnal mind" doesn't understand science!

A carnal mind doesn't understand the things of the spirit of GOD....

^^

That's what the Bible says! And I stand on it because it's true....simple!

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by GooseBaba: 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
doubleDx:

What do you mean @ bold? LOL

Nice write up minus your Yahweh and Allah obsession grin Religion is NOT our problem in Nigeria....Corruption is! Faith doesn't make one a dummy Chief!

What do you have to say about TB Joshua's defenders..?
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
doubleDx:

See yourself? I can't remember saying a "carnal mind" doesn't understand science!

A carnal mind doesn't understand the things of the spirit of GOD....

^^

That's what the Bible says! And I stand on it because it's true....simple!

My point , as always, is that if your so-called understanding of the things of the spirit of god cannot ever help put food on the table, help grow crops, help find the cure for diseases, help send us to mars, etc, then such understanding is completely useless to everyone here in Terra firma, except perhaps, morons and imbeciles.

5 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
GooseBaba: It's indeed sad and worrisome.. African are now the kings of abstract absolutes...

There are Africans that believe in chosen and none chosen people. therefore, people that accomplish greatness are favored.

I'm glad India is stepping up, this might be a reality check for some foolish Nigerian that there is nothing as chosen people. The afterlife will surely come, for now let's make sense of this life....

Not to mention, from an academic perspective, You see glorified technicians calling themselves engineers.

Other Thirdworld nations are showing us that all are possible with determination.

Pls do an experiment:
Talk to a Nigerian, educated or not, about any topic, politics, economics, technology etc, but project your discussion 50 or 100yrs ahead of the present. You will notice that he she would simply say " it's only god knows " or simply change the topic.
We seem to be the least concerned about the future.
Have you ever heard of a Nigerian leader or intellects make a 50yr or 100yr projections on any national issues?
Everyone is scavenging for the next belleful.

This is the same thing the Lord Lugard noticed and made mention of about us way back in 1908, that once we eat and drink today, we don't give a rat's bottom about tomorrow and the next meal.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by abdulwastecx(m): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton: This past week, there was triumph and jubilation in India as the people of India proudly showcased their Can-do attitude when their Mars mission craft successfully took orbit on Mars, earth's neighboring planetary body.

India has not only proved that education, scientific education specifically, is an equalizer, but that determination and financial frugality is not a myth in developing economies.

I have sounded the alarm, that their is a quite but very frantic space race happening at this very moment.
Aside from the well-known missions of the US and Russia, Britian and the EU have recently joined the fray with their own Mars missions.
For anyone paying attention, China just landed a craft on the moon not too long ago. Japan already has a Mars mission as well as elaborate plans for future space missions.

From both an economic and military point of view, whoever controls or dominates space will inevitatbly dominate and control the Earth.
So for the future, the presence and dominance of space will, just like in the colonial era, determine who is going to master and who is going to be slave.

It is for this reason that any nation worth it's salt does not want to be left behind.

It is worthy to note that the US congress and senate recently passed a bill authorizing private corporations to claim as property any resources (or technology?) that the corporation discover in space.
So, the scramble for the infinite resources ( and technological artifacts wink?) of space has begun in earnest.

Africans hoping and waiting to be raptured should beware, otherwise, they may just find themselves on the dark side of the moon digging for precious metals , as space slaves. sad

my bes pas are in the political sections....these guys have the right mindset
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by abdulwastecx(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:

My point , as always, is that if your so-called understanding of the things of the spirit of god cannot ever help put food on the table, help grow crops, help find the cure for diseases, help send us to mars, etc, then such understanding is completely useless to everyone here in Terra firma, except perhaps, morons and imbeciles.

I ask thesame question bro.

why cant the so called book of God solve Nigeria power problem, lift people out poverty, help to developed technology etc.

thesame book will talk about wht will happen we die or sme virgin stuff in paradise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 29, 2014
plaetton:

How can you understand the benefits of the things of the spirit of GOD when you are carnal minded? I don't expect you or any of your likes to understand because it's not for you; I mean, what part of all these annoys you chief? Is it tithing or the spiritual aspect? You sound worried and paranoid about anything that has to do with Yahweh grin Na wa oh!

If a spiritual mind that is scientific is still contributing to the advancement of humanity; why make their spirituality your problem when you can't understand it? If it's about tithes, then I would tell you that there are charlatans in every aspect of human endeavor...I have never seen you arguing with pagans about their gods and beliefs; even Muslims, you hardly argue with them....your only problem is with the followers of Yahweh! Why is that?

Yet, you talk about tolerance...Smdh! Plaetton the heathen e-warrior grin

3 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 29, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I ask thesame question bro.

why cant the so called book of God solve Nigeria power problem, lift people out poverty, help to developed technology etc.

thesame book will talk about wht will happen we die or sme virgin stuff in paradise

And what has atheism contributed to the growth of humanity?

Immorality? Smdh!

2 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by podosci(m): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2014
doubleDx:

And what has atheism contributed to the growth of humanity?

Immorality? Smdh!

Do you know the Catholic church is about to formaly Accept gay marriage,,,,and the bible specifically detest Homosexuals......for years homosexuals have been wedding in protestant churches......If thats not the highest form of immorality then what is?
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by podosci(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2014
plaetton:
This past week, there was triumph and jubilation in India as the people of India proudly showcased their Can-do attitude when their Mars mission craft successfully took orbit on Mars, earth's neighboring planetary body.

The anoying part is the Europians and Asians brought religion to us but now they have left religion behind in a scrammble for wealth and technological advancement while Africans are still busy fighting over religion

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by SalC: 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
podosci:

Do you know the Catholic church is about to formaly Accept gay marriage,,,,and the bible specifically detest Homosexuals......for years homosexuals have been wedding in protestant churches......If thats not the highest form of immorality then what is?
Smh

1 Like

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by sexzskil(f): 1:38am On Oct 22, 2014
Nairaland aka Dummyland MODs will never put this to the front page.

The Religious rants here showcased that Africans are just born, destined to be slaves of the world, especially the White Race. Africans destiny is that of retrogression and slavery. But i'm born to be different.
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by sukkot: 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
plaetton:

Carnal minded?

why are you trying so hard to be white ? what is there on mars but fried dried up by the solar wind red dust ? you are starting to think like a white person who thinks without their common sense but only engage their egos. all this trip to mars, you think they make significant gains from this or it is just an ego trip amongst nations to say we are technologically more advanced. mars is a dead place with dead fried red soil. there is nothing up there to pick up. try to stay focused on earth mmkayyyy. the other day comet siding spring fried up all their million dollar equipments on mars on 19 th of this month. whats the gain ?

3 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by sukkot: 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
sexzskil:
Nairaland aka Dummyland MODs will never put this to the front page.

The Religious rants here showcased that Africans are just born, destined to be slaves of the world, especially the White Race. Africans destiny is that of retrogression and slavery. But i'm born to be different.
and what exactly are you doing with your life to promote this your carnal agenda for humanity ? am all ears

2 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
why are you trying so hard to be white ? what is there on mars but fried dried up by the solar wind red dust ? you are starting to think like a white person who thinks without their common sense but only engage their egos. all this trip to mars, you think they make significant gains from this or it is just an ego trip amongst nations to say we are technologically more advanced. mars is a dead place with dead fried red soil. there is nothing up there to pick up. try to stay focused on earth mmkayyyy. the other day comet siding spring fried up all their million dollar equipments on mars on 19 th of this month. whats the gain ?
Wow!
This so funny( and sad indeed) that I don't even know Where to start.

You are thinking like a typical black man, eh?
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by sukkot: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
plaetton:

Wow!

answer me oh wise one. what is to be gained from mars ? i am waiiting smiley

2 Likes

Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by sukkot: 9:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
plaetton:

Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx3WdyOihH8&list=UUxz5R9YQMRW5QqElbAlMqRw

all their rovers got fried on mars.
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by plaetton: 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
answer me oh wise one. what is to be gained from mars ? i am waiiting smiley

Do you honestly want me to try to explain to you the importance, the imperative for humans to explore space and other worlds?
Do you?
Re: India Successfully Goes To Mars With Just $74m. by sukkot: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
plaetton:

Do you honestly want me to try to explain to you the importance, the imperative for humans to explore space and other worlds?
Do you?
yes i really do. am waiting

(1) (2) (Reply)

“hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada / Salute To The Hero / So Oyinbo Too Dey Bomb; Norwegian Bombing Carried Out By Norwegian Citizen And Not Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.