Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Coming To Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coming To Canada? (4498 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
The weather right now is quite warm. We are heading into cooler weather as the leaves have started to turn yellow and fall off the trees. Best time to arrive in Canada.

Can we help you with any information or resource about coming to Canada? Ask.
Re: Coming To Canada? by gratefulheart(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Why not tell us the information and resources u have on coming to canada?
Re: Coming To Canada? by vinci500: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Which would you advice I chose between this two provinces for post graduate study, University of Regina (Saskatchewan) or Memorial University (Newfoundland) in terms of student environment, quality of life style etc etc

1 Like

Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
I do know that tuition fees are significantly lower in Memorial for foreign graduate students than at Regina. And that probably accounts for the higher enrollment figures at Memorial. But Regina seems to have a higher quality of life with living cost averaging lower than most of the other provinces and territories in Canada. However i will encourage you to get in touch directly with your institutions of choice for more answers. They will be more than willing to answer you.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Canada? by vinci500: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Thanks.
bridgelakes: I do know that tuition fees are significantly lower in Memorial for foreign graduate students than at Regina. And that probably accounts for the higher enrollment figures at Memorial. But Regina seems to have a higher quality of life with living cost averaging lower than most of the other provinces and territories in Canada. However i will encourage you to get in touch directly with your institutions of choice for more answers. They will be more than willing to answer you.
Re: Coming To Canada? by GiftUg(f): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hi, I am actually applying to Memorial for my Msc. But my fear is job opportunities. Don't knw how its like in Newfoundland, pls any useful info? Tnx
Re: Coming To Canada? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
bridgelakes: The weather right now is quite warm. We are heading into cooler weather as the leaves have started to turn yellow and fall off the trees. Best time to arrive in Canada.

Can we help you with any information or resource about coming to Canada? Ask.
Where in Canada are you?
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 12:28am On Sep 28, 2014
GiftUg: Hi, I am actually applying to Memorial for my Msc. But my fear is job opportunities. Don't knw how its like in Newfoundland, pls any useful info? Tnx
What career are you considering?
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 12:28am On Sep 28, 2014
honey86:
Where in Canada are you?
Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 12:29am On Sep 28, 2014
vinci500: Thanks.
You are welcome.
Re: Coming To Canada? by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2014
bridgelakes:
Winnipeg, Manitoba.
How is winterpeg, frozentoba grin
Re: Coming To Canada? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2014
bridgelakes:
Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Really?. Im moving there next month as well
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
saxywale:
How is winterpeg, frozentoba grin
Not yet frozen! wink
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
honey86:
Really?. Im moving there next month as well
Great! Are you coming for school or immigrating?
Re: Coming To Canada? by GiftUg(f): 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
bridgelakes: What career are you considering?

Msc Biochemistry, basically I love lab work nd research in general. What do you think?
Re: Coming To Canada? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
bridgelakes:
Great! Are you coming for school or immigrating?
Immigrating
Re: Coming To Canada? by GiftUg(f): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
honey86:
Immigrating
For school, postgraduate. But wonna knw my chances when am done with school.
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 3:25am On Sep 29, 2014
GiftUg:
Msc Biochemistry, basically I love lab work nd research in general. What do you think?
It sounds great. Prove indispensable and you'll be just that!
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 3:29am On Sep 29, 2014
GiftUg:
For school, postgraduate. But wonna knw my chances when am done with school.

There are loads of students who end up staying after their programs. Do you have family or friends here? They might be able to nominate you into one of the several immigration programs available. You do need to know though, the immigration system is geared to changed quite a bit.
Re: Coming To Canada? by GiftUg(f): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2014
bridgelakes:
There are loads of students who end up staying after their programs. Do you have family or friends here? They might be able to nominate you into one of the several immigration programs available. You do need to know though, the immigration system is geared to changed quite a bit.

Tnx a lot. No family Member. Will let you know how far. What course are you there for?
Re: Coming To Canada? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
bridgelakes:
You mean with the manitoba nomination program?
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
honey86:
You mean with the manitoba nomination program?
Yes.
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
GiftUg:
Tnx a lot. No family Member. Will let you know how far. What course are you there for?
I am not a student. I live here.
Re: Coming To Canada? by GiftUg(f): 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
bridgelakes:

Awesome! Pls can I have your email add, will keep in touch.
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 3:45am On Oct 04, 2014
GiftUg:
Awesome! Pls can I have your email add, will keep in touch.
Pls check my profile.
Re: Coming To Canada? by otosa(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2014
bridgelakes:

Please, is possible for me to get any Apprenticeship Programme on 3D Animation or any 3D animation center for short course?
Re: Coming To Canada? by Taiw(m): 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
Please explain more on Manitoba nomination program
Re: Coming To Canada? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
[quote author=Taiw post=26894094]Basically you find a family member or friend living in manitoba to sponsor your nomination. If you are successfully nominated by the Manitoban government, you will be invited to apply for visa from cic. For more information, google immigrate manitoba
Re: Coming To Canada? by bevybay(f): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
newfoundland and labrador or Winnipeg, Manitoba. where is better to live in.Am in nigeria and thinking of where i can settle down in Canada with my family.thanks
Re: Coming To Canada? by Liss: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hi, bridgelakes,

Nice thread you have going here. Please what is the job situation like for new immigrants in Canada. I read somewhere that workers do not get paid vacation? Is this correct? BTW, Did you go through the FSWP?

Any success stories of Nigerians you can share with us.
Re: Coming To Canada? by Oligarki: 1:55am On Oct 10, 2014
can one travel with a "visiting visa" & secure an admission (short courses, Msc) on arrival/before visa expiration... is this possible to change student visa?
i mean from "visit visa to student visa"
Re: Coming To Canada? by bridgelakes: 1:38am On Oct 20, 2014
Liss:
Hi, bridgelakes,
Nice thread you have going here. Please what is the job situation like for new immigrants in Canada. I read somewhere that workers do not get paid vacation? Is this correct? BTW, Did you go through the FSWP?
Any success stories of Nigerians you can share with us.

There are fantastic opportunities everywhere, you just need to know how to look. Many Nigerians are doing wonderfully well here in great jobs with not only paid vacations but wonderful benefits too. There are some too who are not doing so great for a variety of reasons.

(1) (2)

Thailand And Cambodia Visa Enquiries / Are There Nigerians In Beirut How Is It Over There / Close Hotels To Us Embassy In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.