Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

What Could Bend a Car control arm? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Bend a Car control arm? (3511 Views)

Cost Of Front control arm Ball Joint & Tie Rod Kits For BMW E36 1999 Series / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Bend a Car control arm? by Meringe(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Please I want to know what could possibly bend a car control arm or popularly known as camber here in Nigeria.
When a camber or control arm is bent, the tire will not be straight, will be like this symbol /.
Re: What Could Bend a Car control arm? by Meringe(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
Guys, please don't read and pass. I gave someone my car and on returning it, I saw the camber bent. I insisted he was on a high speed and didn't notice a pothole and it bent the camber. But he insisted that he just noticed it, no incident.
Experienced Men here, please what could cause a strong camber to bend?
Re: What Could Bend a Car control arm? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
What is a "camber"? Because I have no idea what you're talking about. Camber is a suspension setting, how can a setting be bent??

You need to edit your thread - title AND content, perhaps it'll make enough sense for people to actually read, understand and proffer solutions, rather than simply click through, and move onto another thread.
Re: What Could Bend a Car control arm? by fegeitok001: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
The industry standard name is control arm. Nigerian spare part dealers call it camber.
Re: What Could Bend a Car control arm? by Meringe(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Siena: What is a "camber"? Because I have no idea what you're talking about. Camber is a suspension setting, how can a setting be bent??

You need to edit your thread - title AND content, perhaps it'll make enough sense for people to actually read, understand and proffer solutions, rather than simply click through, and move onto another thread.
edited bro.
Re: What Could Bend a Car control arm? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Use of Sudden heavy or repeated blow/force to the control arm which is sufficient to bend it will certainly bend it.

Use of a road going car on offroad terrain will exert stress and strain on the suspension and allied components (control arms inclusive) this might result to bends.

Any accident or crash which affects the tyre/wheel area suspension etc could cause damage to the control arms

Overloading a vehicle may cause damage to suspension and allied components (control arms inclusive)

Sudden forceful impact on the tyres or underbody (eg, high speed impact on a boulder or a pothole)bnear the control arm area could damage the control arm.

Use of a control arm not meant for a particular vehicle in another vehicle other than the vehicle the control arm Is designed for will result to damage of the control arm

Driving to hard harsh and in a manner that the vehicle isn't designed for, may destroy suspension, wheel and allied components control arm inclusive

Driving fast and rough on uneven terrain could damage control arms.

(1) (Reply)

My 05 Corolla S Ish / Why Are Naija Used Nissan Xterra And Pathfinder So Cheap / Which Should I Go For Between Lexus RX 350 & ES 350 Both 2007 Model?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.