Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Showcasing Classic Bmws - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Showcasing Classic Bmws (3356 Views)

Top 10 Best Bmws Of All Time / Showcasing Classic Toyotas / BMWs Can Be Stolen By Hackers With $30 Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by auhanson(m): 12:56am On Oct 01, 2014
man, a round of applause for your explanation of heckflose
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by yungboss(m): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2014
CityNG:

Pic: The rascally Moke and his "sit up and beg" seats grin
cityNG, the Moke has no doors,how safe is it...what's the maximum speed it can accommodate on the tarmac?
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2014
yungboss:
cityNG, the Moke has no doors,how safe is it...what's the maximum speed it can accommodate on the tarmac?

Absolutely and completely unsafe. I've done 95mph but she's better around 75mph.

Yeah no doors, no safety cage, just loads of prayers - lol.

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by yungboss(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
billy187:

If I were you, i'd have returned that night with a crowbar and a tow truck! lol!
that's the car

Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by yungboss(m): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nice

Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by billy187(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2014
yungboss:

that's the car

Its really funny how some folks neglect such works of art that others will give an arm and a leg for! I mean, the rear wiper aint even there! Wish it was mine though **sigh.. cry

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by yungboss(m): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
billy187:

Its really funny how some folks neglect such works of art that others will give an arm and a leg for! I mean, the rear wiper aint even there! Wish it was mine though **sigh.. cry
the Toyota looks really beautiful, I don't know the year, if its a late 90s model or early 2000s. It's got about 180mph on the clock. I asked again whether it was for sale but they said it wasn't. I'll keep asking smiley

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by laivwire(m): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2014
yungboss:

the Toyota looks really beautiful, I don't know the year, if its a late 90s model or early 2000s. It's got about 180mph on the clock. I asked again whether it was for sale but they said it wasn't. I'll keep asking smiley
Been searching for a Nigerian used version of this car. I've not been lucky! The toks would come at a break neck price certainly. Comes at over £10000 in Uk. If only the owner can be reached and offered a price he can't refuse
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by laivwire(m): 12:45am On Oct 12, 2014
CityNG:
Last set, I've done my duty as a card carrying member of Southern California Chapter of BMW Owners Club of America grin
Sir, I have a question. The second (to the last) and last car pictures have a special set of tires. What's the name of the type and does it have any special features?

cne010:
Saw the 4th picture packing dust in trinity in Apapa I knew it was a classic Beemer when I saw it.
That ride is as problematic as it gets. With a v12 engine that's not as responsive or agile to having two of most of it's engine parts. Two batteries like that. Let's not talk of fuel consumption and reliability issues. In the naija clime, it has a lot of reasons to pack dust like LASEMA.
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by yungboss(m): 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
laivwire:

Sir, I have a question. The second (to the last) and last car pictures have a special set of tires. What's the name of the type and does it have any special features?

That ride is as problematic as it gets. With a v12 engine that's not as responsive or agile to having two of most of it's engine parts. Two batteries like that. Let's not talk of fuel consumption and reliability issues. In the naija clime, it has a lot of reasons to pack dust like LASEMA.
the 850/840 doesn't appeal to me...
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
laivwire:

2nd to last picture shows a 70' or early 80's BMW 320i. It has been significantly lowered and aftermarket rims are being used. It has had the wheel arches widened. The tires are regular low profile tires but are undersized for width so as to cause to to stretch over the rims so as to clear the wheel arches. I've run set up like that on my 190e before. It is dangerous (IMHO) and a ticket item if a Police Officer is bored and wants to pick on you.

Last picture shows a 60's or 70's BMW 2002. By far my most admired BMW of all time, followed closely by the BMW Bavaria. For any BMW lovers please pass on some love whenever you see a BMW 2002. This was the breakthrough model for the marque. The popular rumor is that if the BMW 2002 had failed to sell successfully then BMW would have folded as a company. Luckily for us it sold tremendously and the company is still here today.

The car is pictures in a race track. It will have special racing tires that will offer tremendous grip.
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by chucky234(m): 10:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Nice cars but I love to own nothing but the amazing 1989 Chevy Impalla.
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by IDKadiri: 12:59pm On May 30, 2017
Hi Youngboss,

where do you stay? and is the Supra still there?

Cheers

yungboss:

there's a Toyota supra close to my mechanics workshop,a shop that deals on Japanese cars, I approached the owner of the shop, if the supra was for sale, he said NO...it's been there for a while, grounded. Auto tranny...
Re: Showcasing Classic Bmws by ivoryhouse(m): 1:19pm On May 30, 2017
Truth be told, you will hardly get as much feel great feeling from modern production cars as you would get from classic cars. i love american muscle cars and i cannot bring myself to buy a modern muscle car. they all look alike and they are too refined unlike the classics, they are unique and their 'unrefined' driving dynamics will put a smile on anyone privileged enough to sit in the car.
Dream classics to own are 1978-79 Ford mustang shelby gt500 eleanor and the Porsche 911(have not yet decided on the model year-still carrying out my research) grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable! See What A Mechanic Did To A 05 Accord V6 Hybrid / Help, My 1998 Camry Is Having Issues / In An Unnecessary Dilemma... Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.