Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Left Handed People And Driving! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Left Handed People And Driving! (13355 Views)

Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hello guys, most times one gets curious about the day to day life of a left handed individual especially when it comes to driving.

Hence one is tempted to ask, has it been convenient driving a car especially a manual transmission? Has anyone been in a car driven by a left handed driver? Did you notice anything different ?

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by spartanian(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
Am left handed and driving has been easy for me, both manual and automatic transmission.

15 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Obynobyl(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Am also left handed and i drive very effectively. The thing about our hands is that once you start using a particular hand for something, you get used to it. Same goes for the mouse I handle the mouse perfectly with my right

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
its interesting to know!

9 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Clashydutch(m): 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Am left handed,sometimes i get the sticks for other activities but certainly not driving

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by peterjero(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
I'm the craziest leftie alive use right to write, left to hit, right to eat, left to play ball, to cut with knife.. I drive well, the only snag I've noticed over the years is that I can't relax my right hand while driving.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by gambus007(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2014
am left handed i drive well.i neva tout of it before.its jst normal like any other hand.i use my left for everytin expect for eba nd its family :Pam left handed i drive well.i neva tout of it before.its jst normal like any other hand.i use my left for everytin expect for eba nd its family

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
Driving is something one get used to, you hardly notice the difference, in fact it just crossed my mind now that you mentioned it, i have been driving for a long time and i use left.

4 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by justi4jesu(f): 4:12am On Sep 29, 2014
What difference does it make.

4 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by justi4jesu(f): 4:12am On Sep 29, 2014
I feel its the same thing with right handed peeps.

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by caesaraba(m): 4:13am On Sep 29, 2014
I don't have any problems with driving (manual transmission). In my experience i think it`s much easier for left-handed people to drive with one hand on the wheel and one on the gear.

6 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 29, 2014
My younger brother is left handed... But that dude is good when it comes to driving... I really don't think it does affect them in any negative way.

5 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 29, 2014
Left-handed. Drive comfortably. At first, it was tough but I got used to it.

2 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Heyliesha(m): 4:17am On Sep 29, 2014
cool..

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 29, 2014
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Grinder: 4:19am On Sep 29, 2014
Once u start using a particular hand to do something..You would get used to it... I am left handed..and even in the surgery theatre.. My hands are the best to work with grin grin grin grin grin ask my fellow doctors..... Lord Grinder has spoken.....

2 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by kabba7(m): 4:20am On Sep 29, 2014
Just noticed this left handed lady in churh yesterday was planning to do some googling on why some use the left hand and the probable side effect one thing i observe recently is that the governor of lagos state Babatunde Raji Fashola is a leftie . those people seem one kind to me .

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by blueheart(m): 4:20am On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=sunnyshayne]its interesting to know. in my my entire lineage we dont have a leftie but my son is beginning to show signs that he is going to be one! grin
Hmmmm, go for DNA test to be sure hez yours grin

7 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by BTT(m): 4:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Lefties rock!

Caveat:

I am not one.

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by buoye1(m): 4:25am On Sep 29, 2014
They are good drivers

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by lionduke(m): 4:29am On Sep 29, 2014
don't think it affects them
my dad's driver na leftie,
the guy na Michael Schumacher

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by caesaraba(m): 4:46am On Sep 29, 2014
lionduke: don't think it affects them
my dad's driver na leftie,
the guy na Michael Schumacher

Exactly. It`s much easier holding the wheel with your `strong hand` while the weaker one handles the stick which incidentally happens to be on your right cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Obynomusik: 4:51am On Sep 29, 2014
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by since2005(f): 4:59am On Sep 29, 2014
hmm

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by gift01: 5:04am On Sep 29, 2014
Wishing every member of this forum a beautiful week. May all our dreams come thru and all our pursuit end successful. Have fun guys and pls becareful. You more important to us alive. Have a great week. Happy new month in advance. Happy Independence Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by timilehing(m): 5:11am On Sep 29, 2014
Lefties always have the advantage of using both hands better. While a right handed person sticks to using right from childhood, a left-handed person would be subjected to trying both hands until the parent are convinced

5 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 29, 2014
It's not hard at all..It's just like driving a right handed vehicle where you need your left hand to control the gear...
As long as you are not driving 9-11 trucks, gear shift are smooth in most cars.

2 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 29, 2014
I am a leftie but I no sabi drive. I haven't learned how to drive anyway.

Proud to be a leftie! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 29, 2014
berem: I am a leftie but I no sabi drive. I haven't learned how to drive anyway.

Proud to be a leftie! cheesy
grin
Hallo, fellow leftie. cool

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 29, 2014
musKeeto:
grin
Hallo, fellow leftie. cool
been a while! How are you doing?

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by KolaShangOne(m): 5:40am On Sep 29, 2014
It affected me. Its not about the left hand or steering wheel, Its about the leg. This is why I still can't drive a manual car.
Even in auto, I have had to train my right leg to use the brake and accelerator.

They should make cars for Lefties.

1 Like

Re: Left Handed People And Driving! by princealbashir: 5:58am On Sep 29, 2014
I'm left handed and driving s never given me any problem..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. / Ferrari Unveils Photos Of 488 Pista Ahead Of 2018 Geneva Motor Show / Your First Driving Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.