Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Wayne Rooney And The Captain Arm Band! Is The Pressure Getting On Him? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Rooney And The Captain Arm Band! Is The Pressure Getting On Him? (699 Views)

Mikel Shuns Captain Arm Band During Match / Mikel Captain Chelsea In Fa Cup and his first goal for 2014 / Captain Arm Band: Should It Be By Age, Seniority Or Merit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney And The Captain Arm Band! Is The Pressure Getting On Him? by cegxie(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ever since Wayne Rooney became the full time captain of both the England team and Manchester United. I must say that though he has not performed badly on the field of play but his sense of judgment is sometimes suspect. In his last two games for united especially against leicester, his emotional burst readily comes to mind. Against Westham he also got the matching orders.. My question then is thus..

1. Is Wayne Rooney the captain Manchester United and England Need?
2. Is the pressure of the armband weighing down on him?

3. Should he be given more time to adjust into his new role as leader for both club and country?
4. If you were to suggest an alternate captain whom would you choose and why?

I love my United but I also feel that Van Gaal was hasty in giving Rooney the armband knowing his antecedents before now.

Your suggestions are welcome on this issue to help me clarify this matter. Thanks for your time.

Re: Wayne Rooney And The Captain Arm Band! Is The Pressure Getting On Him? by heatmeup(f): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
I said it but people where crucifying me here for saying he does not deserve the band.rooney held the whole club to ransome someone like that does not deserve the armband ad his temper is not also a good quality
Re: Wayne Rooney And The Captain Arm Band! Is The Pressure Getting On Him? by cegxie(m): 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
heatmeup: I said it but people where crucifying me here for saying he does not deserve the band.rooney held the whole club to ransome someone like that does not deserve the armband ad his temper is not also a good quality

I also think so too.. Am just waiting for his next antics to confirm my suspicions.. Thanks for stopping by.

(1) (Reply)

Keshii Its Nt In U (pix) / Could The Presence Of Iheanacho Have Influence The Super Eagles Creativity? / The Problem Of Nigeria Football By Sunday Oliseh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.