Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram (84457 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day / Boko Haram News Update:>> See The Boko Haram Armored Tank Captured By D Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by ManTiger(m): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
A
LegatusGlaber: Kudos to the military.

But what is monstrous about this tank?
The word monstrous is synonymous to the capacity and efficiency of the Personnel Carrier and not just its hugeness.
A single missle fired from the nuzzle is capable of reaching a target as up to 5miles away.

BOKO HARAM has grown some balls to have this carmouflage machine within our obodo country

1 Like

Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by dollarlander: 12:11am On Sep 29, 2014
LegatusGlaber: Kudos to the military.

Go and stand before it.

1 Like

Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:13am On Sep 29, 2014
dollarlander:

Go and stand before it.

Dafuq
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by ugoezeik(m): 1:55am On Sep 29, 2014
Nutase: Our virgins go soon finish angry
hahaha lool guy I swear u need to visit yabaleft. but wait oooo do u also need d virgins?
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 29, 2014
Pleas how was this driven into nigeria?
Handsomeemmy:
The Tank look like an ERC 90 Sagaie not T55
Everything about that Tank is monstrous,the fire power of that Tank alone is something else, Boko haram are indeed armed with sophisticated Weapon,I know the get most of their weapons as a result of the Civil war in Libya and the then Crisis in Mali.

Some of her function

ERC 90 can be armed with a 90mm F1/F4 canon or Cockerill Mk3 90mm low pressure gun depending upon the turret configuration. Lynx carries 21 rounds of 90mm ammunition and Sagaie carries 20 rounds of ammunition for main gun.
A coaxial 7.62mm machine gun serves as a secondary weapon for the vehicle. The vehicle is also fitted with four smoke grenade launchers.
Self-protection and armour

The vehicle protects the occupants from small arms fire, shell splinters and mines. The V-shaped welded steel structure on the bottom deflects the force of bomb blasts and protects the floor against damage from mines.
The ERC 90 NG features advanced armour protection suitable for present operational requirements. The vehicle is fitted with strengthened armour offering STANAG 4569 level 3 protection over the frontal arc and level 2 protection over other parts of the vehicle.
Engine power

ERC 90 is powered by 170hp MTU diesel engine replacing the older Peugeot V-6 petrol engine. The engine, coupled with an automatic Renk gearbox, delivers a maximum power of 125kW at 2,300rpm. The vehicle has a maximum speed of 95km/h and a range of 800km.
Mobility of the ERC 90 family of vehicles

ERC 90 can be deployed in almost all external operations.
"ERC 90 is a family of 6x6 wheeled armoured vehicles."
It demonstrates superior all-terrain capabilities and has an option to raise the centre pair of wheels to negotiate with different terrain types.
The vehicle is fully amphibious without preparation and is propelled in the water by rear mounted waterjets. ERC 90 is airportable by Transall C-160 and Hercules C-130 aircraft.

Courtesy of Google
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Jilo83(m): 3:15am On Sep 29, 2014
chibok girl ll be release now then gej will declare. watch out as d written script is being play. Naija i hail
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by OreMI22: 5:02am On Sep 29, 2014
[size=18pt]The Boko Haram access to Chad and extreme north province of Cameroon must be sealed to block their weapons flow.

Nigeria must especially work with Cameroon and Chad to plug these routes in their countries which Boko Haram continues using to access weapons from far flung states as Jan-ja-weed rebels of Sudan,Libya and northern Chad.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Holywizard: 7:20am On Sep 29, 2014
nijanigga:
oh boy, be careful with your name;holywizard,if you let oyedepo hear you, you're in for a big slap.holywizrd ko, wizard for Jesus ni.
if he shud slap me, i'll punch him on de ear
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by hedgesfun(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2014
my own little querry is how did this sort of thing manage to enter the country an get to that place if it wasn't brought in by the military since it's certain it wasn't manufactured in Nigeria. SOME PROPLE RE NOT BEING PUNISHED FOR DOING BAD U KNOW
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by mabeni(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2014
nagoma:

ORESTIJAFOR may have some answers to your question.
are u saying he's sponsoring them?
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Arogba: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2014
Holywizard: God punish USA & bless Russia. USA keeps funding terrorists to destabilize other country's economies & to enrich themselves. Am sure dat tank is from Libya.

God punish your papa and mama for blaming the Incompetence of our leaders and the intolerance of some demented people with 7th century ideology on America. By the way, what does Russia really stands for in the world?
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by awocad14: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2014
you call this a Monstrous Armored Tank shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked So what should we call the Abraham's M1 Tank which is even outdated
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by BraniacX(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
donphilopus: Later some people will invade here to tell us that SaharaReporters is allergic to reporting a positive news about the Nigerian Military. Ride on SaharaReporters, we're solidly behind you.

Meanwhile, kudos to the Nigerian Military!
na now day break for sahara reporters?
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Decryptor(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
@OP, that is not an Armored Tank...it is a "Military Support Vehicle"
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by cytellProperty: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
If you say that is Monstrous, then what will you call this?

Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
shey b4 I go enter army tru ssc say boko haram blood to spill never finish cos I need taste a lil bit of d action.
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by xborr(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Handsomeemmy:
The Tank look like an ERC 90 Sagaie not T55
Everything about that Tank is monstrous,the fire power of that Tank alone is something else, Boko haram are indeed armed with sophisticated Weapon,I know the get most of their weapons as a result of the Civil war in Libya and the then Crisis in Mali.

Some of her function

ERC 90 can be armed with a 90mm F1/F4 canon or Cockerill Mk3 90mm low pressure gun depending upon the turret configuration. Lynx carries 21 rounds of 90mm ammunition and Sagaie carries 20 rounds of ammunition for main gun.
A coaxial 7.62mm machine gun serves as a secondary weapon for the vehicle. The vehicle is also fitted with four smoke grenade launchers.
Self-protection and armour

The vehicle protects the occupants from small arms fire, shell splinters and mines. The V-shaped welded steel structure on the bottom deflects the force of bomb blasts and protects the floor against damage from mines.
The ERC 90 NG features advanced armour protection suitable for present operational requirements. The vehicle is fitted with strengthened armour offering STANAG 4569 level 3 protection over the frontal arc and level 2 protection over other parts of the vehicle.
Engine power

ERC 90 is powered by 170hp MTU diesel engine replacing the older Peugeot V-6 petrol engine. The engine, coupled with an automatic Renk gearbox, delivers a maximum power of 125kW at 2,300rpm. The vehicle has a maximum speed of 95km/h and a range of 800km.
Mobility of the ERC 90 family of vehicles

ERC 90 can be deployed in almost all external operations.
"ERC 90 is a family of 6x6 wheeled armoured vehicles."
It demonstrates superior all-terrain capabilities and has an option to raise the centre pair of wheels to negotiate with different terrain types.
The vehicle is fully amphibious without preparation and is propelled in the water by rear mounted waterjets. ERC 90 is airportable by Transall C-160 and Hercules C-130 aircraft.

Courtesy of Google

ita a french made tank in fact the french still use it in Africa,possibly donated by France just my opinion
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Holywizard: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Arogba:

God punish your papa and mama for blaming the Incompetence of our leaders and the intolerance of some demented people with 7th century ideology on America. By the way, what does Russia really stands for in the world?
i see mass grave in ur compound. Ur generation shall call u shame, disgrace, abomination & ingrate. U shall be be de most unsuccessful idiotic being in africa come this century.
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by SavageGarden(m): 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Madawaki01: What's wrong with all these newspapers??stop calling them islamist,if u keep calling them that,u're boosting their morale,they will only continue thinking they are fighting for islam,they don't,they are nothing but terrorists..
Are you insane? Off cos ...They're fighting for Islam...Islam is evil It should be banned...you can't change that..Islam is curse and a big problem to mankind...

1 Like

Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
Missy89:

That is a MRAP not a tank!

Your Brain knows quiet alot. Say way tooooo much for someone at 89. tongue

Sha, I find it really admiring and cute. You must be in the military or something close to that. Yea, I'm trying to make an educative guess. Whatever that means. grin
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Walspring: 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
Good job and God will see you guys through..

Please vet the armored tank very well so that it wont explode inside the barrack and kill the rest of the soldiers ooo

I cant stop laughing when i saw APC inside the news, something else struck my mind... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Missy89(f): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ceasar1:

Your Brain knows quiet alot. Say way tooooo much for someone at 89. tongue

Sha, I find it really admiring and cute. You must be in the military or something close to that. Yea, I'm trying to make an educative guess. Whatever that means. grin

lol 89?

Not that old! wink
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by McKenzi(m): 11:44am On Sep 30, 2014
ifyclose2 and ednut I shear the same view with you guys,, these could be political mathematics, well calculated and sure to arrive at needed answer ... nearer the election,,,, easily the men in masque are being captured what an irony the linguistics call it. and to the politicians is one of the edible laws of power!!! But who is fooling who I ask??
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by ocelot2006(m): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
LadiesPet:
Caputerd Boko haram tank

That is not a tank, but a MOWAG APC
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
hmmmm
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by yaskarahyelhope(f): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
LegatusGlaber:
Kudos to the military.

Wen U see wat it can do and experience its disaster!
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by LegatusGlaber(m): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:

Wen U see wat it can do and experience its disaster!

grin
Re: See The Monstrous Armored Tank Captured By Nigerian Troops From Boko Haram by Perceptor(m): 11:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
LegatusGlaber:
Kudos to the military.

You spoke exactly my mind o...ds one wey look lyk volkswagen turtle armoured tank??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pic: Beautiful Handwriting Of Kashim Shettima / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Buhari’s Sneakers In 2015 Vs 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.