Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment (1951 Views)

Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control / An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by oluwalfa: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: every country has a history, the people that spearheaded its colonization and creation may make mistakes in decision making, but as an independent nation, we decide how we want our Newfoundland to look and feel like, this is our home now brother. The scotish are already long gone. How do you want your new environment to be like?

without ofe oil people nor the five times a day head-banging, gworo-chewing baboons that call themselves your kwontryman.

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:

That's not how human social relationship works

Its like you telling the Jews to forget the Holocaust.

Until we address these issues, forget it
Holding on to the past has always been a draw back to growth if you ask me. The civil war has long ended. But its wounds are still felt. But its not a physical wound , its emotional,psychological but truth be told, what we need isn't an apology from anybody. We need the few among each tribe that have been able to overcome these pains to put heads togetherand device a way to make their kinsmen forgive themselvesand others as well, that's what we are campaigning for. And until that is done, a revolution cnt take place. Cos all hands must be on deck to accept responsibilities
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by donsteady(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
I am 100% game for revolution, I will be on forfront! Let create tweeter a account.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by BlackTechnology: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: Holding on to the past has always been a draw back to growth if you ask me. The civil war has long ended. But its wounds are still felt. But its not a physical wound , its emotional,psychological but truth be told, what we need isn't an apology from anybody. We need the few among each tribe that have been able to overcome these pains to put heads togetherand device a way to make their kinsmen forgive themselvesand others as well, that's what we are campaigning for. And until that is done, a revolution cnt take place. Cos all hands must be on deck to accept responsibilities

Thanks God you acknowledged that we must apologize to each other

Continue your good work and remain firm to the end

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa:

without ofe oil people nor the five times a day head-banging, gworo-chewing baboons that call themselves your kwontryman.
we want a united Nigeria brother. Not a seperated clueless land. We can impact more whhen together. The skills of those you just called "gworo-chewing baboons" can come in handy and the resources of those you caLled "ofe oil people" is highly important, just put the bitterness. Aside bro. its a set back. I'm pleading with you personnally

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by oluwalfa: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: we want a united Nigeria brother. Not a seperated clueless land. We can impact more whhen together. The skills of those you just called "gworo-chewing baboons" can come in handy and the resources of those you caLled "ofe oil people" is highly important, just put the bitterness. Aside bro. its a set back. I'm pleading with you personnally

Let them use their skills and resources for themselves. What nonsense.
If they had any skills and resources, why did their parents walk hundreds of kilometeres to come to our country to kill our women and children?
I have nothing in common with those people. I am as related to a nama rearer as a japanese guy is related to a sweedish man. Go tell those two they are the same country.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa:

Let them use their skills and resources for themselves. What nonsense.
If they had any skills and resources, why did their parents walk hundreds of kilometeres to come to our country to kill our women and children?
I have nothing in common with those people. I am as related to a nama rearer as a japanese guy is related to a sweedish man. Go tell those two they are the same country.
what tribe are you frome? Ibo?
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by oluwalfa: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: what tribe are you frome? Ibo?

Igbo.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by pesty100(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: I got to delta state from lagos state yesterday cos my mum insisted that I celebrate the independence with them, I got home safely though and woke up around 7am to find my dad slaughtering a goat! I was stunned and asked what it was for and he happily replied " its for the celebration" I was just dumbfounded. And I was forced to ask, what are you really celebrating? The indepndence we got in 1960 or the slavery that our own people have put us? Sincerely everybody has their own reason to celebrate but to me, its just another day in a country where mediocrity is celebrated. I love my country for some personal reasons, but I strongly believe that we need to demand more from our leaders and be more active than keepin mute and celebrating slavery, some see the influx of entertainers into politics as a slow revolution of its own but please pardon my skepticism, I don't believe they are better. They might have clean intentions but I don't think the ones I've seen so far have the balls to make any tangible difference! Nigeria is a big and demanding country, she needs smart and tough minds to handle her, just like buhari said, we need common sense revolution. I'm just here scrolling through nairaland though, if you have good reasons for celebrating today please do comment let me see thanks, and to safarigirl, u re really a smart girl from the angle I've seen so far, I hope u keep it up and actually do more than writing too. Thanks
wait your dad really killed a goat?
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa:

Igbo.
my name is shine Chinedu and I'm igbo too. I understand your grieviances 100% man, you have the right to be annoyed if not for anything but for what we suffered during the war. The bloods of those innocents are still not appeased, but being a strong man doesn't always mean going for an eye for an eye when you re stepped on, or taking Revenge for every soul killed. Nigeria as we know it today is just a group of stubborn people merged together. But even after the almagamation, we've managed to stay a 100years without splitting even though its not really been a peaceful 100years, can u beat that? Its just amazing. Put it this way, its just like ur dad adpoted 3 children from three different continents each having different views about life, and after ur dad dies, u all still managed to stay together admist the quarrels and fights for a hundred years,that right there has a lot of things in it. So brother. Its time we call a family meeting to discus the way forward. We cnt just continue with these grudges. Cos some crazy old fools are making a fortune off our bitterness. Its time to come together and apolgise for our individual mistakes and fight these pests feeding off our anger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
pesty100: wait your dad really killed a goat?
I swear it brother. And he even cooked it himself. He's yet to tell me why he's celebrating today this much.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
The most important kind of freedom is to be what
you really are. You trade in your reality for a role.
You trade in your sense for an act. You give up
your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.
There can't be any large-scale revolution until
there's a personal revolution, on an individual level.
It's got to happen inside first.
Jim Morrison
All revolutions are, until they happen, then they are
historical inevitabilities.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Omololu007(m): 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"

NOW IM ASKING, WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO US TO MAKE US START OUR OWN REVOLUTION AS A PEOPLE? IVE HAD ENOUGH ALREADY. HOW MANY OF US LOVE NIGERIA TO THE POINT OF FIGHTING FOR HER?
what has nigeria done for me,dat i will fight foe nigeria,,,pple lik adekunle who fought for nigeria would b regrettin dy fought for nigeria,cox nigeria dont giv a dam abt u
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Omololu007(m): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: every country has a history, the people that spearheaded its colonization and creation may make mistakes in decision making, but as an independent nation, we decide how we want our Newfoundland to look and feel like, this is our home now brother. The scotish are already long gone. How do you want your new environment to be like?
u r talkin about revolution,ao are u sure we nigerians want to live togeda.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Omololu007(m): 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa:

am also dreamin of a country were pple wont com from dia village in d east to Odua republic,and start selling fake drugs,during ashawo and stuff lik dat,i dream of a country were flat head will b ask to produce dia passport and visa anywere dey are on yoruba land,if dey cant produce it,dey will b deported back to dia land lock state
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by mikolo80: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=iamord][/quote]they dont need to send us. All we need is them to give each other stiff competition so that instead of 1cup of rice sharing it will be 1bag ,instead of building ultra modern market they build malls instead,instead of govt quarters they build low cost housing,instead of okada they do brt. Try think wide guy.there is a reason your parents sent you to school.to think strategically not just what you see and hear.read btw the lines boss
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by oluwalfa: 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Omololu007: am also dreamin of a country were pple wont com from dia village in d east to Odua republic,and start selling fake drugs,during ashawo and stuff lik dat,i dream of a country were flat head will b ask to produce dia passport and visa anywere dey are on yoruba land,if dey cant produce it,dey will b deported back to dia land lock state

unfortunately for you, awolowo didn't have the same dream.

please admit it. Ojukwu was right.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Freest(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"

NOW IM ASKING, WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO US TO MAKE US START OUR OWN REVOLUTION AS A PEOPLE? IVE HAD ENOUGH ALREADY. HOW MANY OF US LOVE NIGERIA TO THE POINT OF FIGHTING FOR HER?
Nice piece OP... But truthfully there are many youths thinking along that line, but many factors needs to be considered, hence it will end up being another politically mobilized group. The truth is Revolution is achievable in Nigeria but not just the way it happened in other countries because of our differences and religious background. I believe a body of purpose driven youth combined with a sense of responsibility is needed. To cause a revolution from my school of thought in Nigeria will still have to go through a political means
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2014
shinechinedu: I understand ur eargerness to fight for our beloved country brother. I'm working on a site tho where willing nigerians can join and reason together, offline meetings will also be in place from time to time. But I'm not giving out a name yet. So when the time is right, yall will hve ur say. Let's see the bold minds
this is good news. Pls accelerate the process because we have a hill ahead of us to climb and its not going to be easy
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by thewarrior72: 11:30am On Oct 03, 2014
shinechinedu: I don't hve ur phone number, I would hve called u to talk more on what u just wrote cos I'm not really good at typing long stories(that's how hard I want this resolved). But kindly respond sincerelyto this two questions(at least we can start from there) which tribe are you from? Whhat religion do you subscribe to? I am ibo, and an agnostic! Real name is shine Chinedu. Let's get a heart to heart talk here brother

Sorry I have been off line with that particular moniker(thwarrior72) it was baned for reason yet unknown & I subsequently logged off from it. I just logged in to see if it has been unbaned & noticed ur quote, well...the handle is yet to be freed, but let me do the needful with the alternative
I'm Igbo, (unlike u iboembarassed)
I'm a Christian
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Lordlexyy: 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
thwarrior72: Op get it into ur empty cranium....u can't fight for Nigeria & succeed, it will amount to effort in futility. Nigeria is not a nation, but country made up of nations. We don't believe in one thing, neither do we have a common destiny or aspiration. We are divided along religious and tribal lines

Don't liken us or ever envisage that what worked in Egypt,Tunisia and Ghana will ever work here. The citizens of these nations believed in one goal & hence speak with thesame voice. Unlike Nigeria, where an average northern is more concern about his imported Islamic religion ahead of his well-being & hence is tilted towards sharia & how to establish Islamic caliphate(BH as a case study) Two can only work together only if they agree and we are yet to agree on what should be our priority,if It's religion or fight for a balanced Nigeria that will respect the right of it citizen to practice whatever they believe without harassment & were meritocracy would be enshrined & appointment is given on merit instead of quarter system.

Our best shot at getting a better & working Nigeria is rigionalism or conference like Scotland did
We are not as diversified as Indian or China, but good leadership happened to them all. Having a single tribal nation wouldn't still guarantee success if leadership is questionable. We must condemn bad leaders and those that come to the public to sing their praises.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sometime ago, I was in love with the idea of a revolution in Nigeria but at a time I came to face the realities that this country can't go forward as ONE. nothing kills a country than too much hatred and tribalism. chasing a revolution in Nigeria is a futile and genocidal mission.

More additionally The mindset of Nigerians are not yet set to a revolution, most youths would prefer to owambe, f*k big nyashed ladies as long as they see some change in their pocket rather than try and have a face off with the Government.

northern leaderships has ruined this country beyond repair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe / Graphic Image Of Domestic Debt Profile Of Nigerian States / I Didn’t Order AIT Ban, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.