Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC (1660 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / 2015: PDP Considers Automatic Ticket For Jonathan / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by 1United1: 1:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Emissaries from the Peoples Democratic Party have appealed to the Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, not to defect from the party to the All Progressives Congress ahead of the 2015 general election.

The emissaries, which included the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party, Tony Anenih, and the Secretary, Walid Jubril, were said to have prevailed on the aggrieved governor to support the second term ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Lamido was said to be nursing presidential ambition until the party’s National Executive Committee endorsed President Jonathan as the PDP sole candidate for its primary.

Before the PDP move, there had been unconfirmed reports that Lamido was not happy and that he could work for the opposition during the presidential election.

But the emissaries, who were members of the Interface Committee set up by the national leadership of the party, were said to be surprised when Lamido revealed his grievances to them.

The governor was said to have complained about the refusal of the President to fulfill majority of his campaign promises to the people of the state.

“He didn’t hide his grievances as he told the delegation that he and the people of the state were not happy with the President,” a source close to the party said.

Jubril, in a telephone interview with our correspondent, confirmed the meeting with Lamido and how he (the governor) complained that the President didn’t fulfill his electoral promises to the state.

The BoT secretary said, “We will address his grievances. We will settle the issues he raised. He complained that a lot of promises were made by the President in 2011, which he said the President failed to fulfill.

“We promised to address those issues, but we also know that the President has done a lot for the people of the state. So, we are addressing the issues.

“We know that the governor will not defect to the opposition political party as being envisaged by some people. If he was going to defect, he would have done that with the group of the then seven aggrieved governors.”

Lamido and the Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu, were among the aggrieved governors, but while five others left for the APC, the two remained in the ruling party.

http://www.punchng.com/news/2015-pdp-begs-lamido-not-to-join-apc/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by 1United1: 1:09am On Sep 28, 2014
Whether he joins or not, One Thing Is Certain- Jigawa State is under APC's Lock and keys!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by funshint(m): 1:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Even if he gets PDP ticket who's going to vote for him...nonsense. APC can't even consider him *some politicians don't just know their boundary!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by mistudreh(m): 1:35am On Sep 28, 2014
Oct is gonna be interesting..... More transfers will be done PDP will be seriously affected!!!
So far Lamido's boss (OBJ) and IBB are working underneath for APC now, I think Jigawa will be for APC! I mean this cos both were in Osun state during the August 9 election to get somethings done
Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by 1United1: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2014
mistudreh: Oct is gonna be interesting..... More transfers will be done PDP will be seriously affected!!!
So far Lamido's boss (OBJ) and IBB are working underneath for APC now, I think Jigawa will be for APC! I mean this cos both were in Osun state during the August 9 election to get somethings done

You Sabi!

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by size38: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2014
PDPD should stop their undemocratic practices and organise a presidential primary for aspirants in their party. They should stop this their indirect imposition of candidates they call endorsement. Endorsement has no place in a true democratic settings. It should be an open contest. I know its the fear of GEJ failing at the primary that gave rise to this. If they feel GEJ is sellable and the right candidate as they want us to believe, let them through the door open and see how GEJ will lose at Eagle square.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by expert1000: 11:07am On Sep 28, 2014
size38: PDPD should stop their undemocratic practices and organise a presidential primary for aspirants in their party. They should stop this their indirect imposition of candidates they call endorsement. Endorsement has no place in a true democratic settings. It should be an open contest. I know its the fear of GEJ failing at the primary that gave rise to this. If they feel GEJ is sellable and the right candidate as they want us to believe, let them through the door open and see how GEJ will lose at Eagle square.
even if d conduct d pdp primaries 10times GEJ will stil win.we are also born 2rule not only northerners.
Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by gbenga4sure(m): 11:21am On Sep 28, 2014
Apc and pdp drama group*entertaining nigerians since 2013*I will watch this jigawa lamido episode 3.after church prayer sessions.
Re: 2015: PDP Begs Lamido Not To Join APC by Gbawe: 11:32am On Sep 28, 2014
size38: PDPD should stop their undemocratic practices and organise a presidential primary for aspirants in their party. They should stop this their indirect imposition of candidates they call endorsement. Endorsement has no place in a true democratic settings. It should be an open contest. I know its the fear of GEJ failing at the primary that gave rise to this. If they feel GEJ is sellable and the right candidate as they want us to believe, let them through the door open and see how GEJ will lose at Eagle square.

Indeed. Is it not even this excuse, i.e "PDP is more democratic and always conduct Primaries", many GEJ fans give as the reason they support the PDP? The fact is that the fight is squarely between those who love Nigeria and feel she needs rescuing from the horrendous misrule of GEJ and those who money and personal enrichment compromises their patriotism and sense of morality. In short patriot versus those of AGIP mentality and persuasions i.e "any government in power".

The truth is that GEJ will find it easy to compromise the AGIPs first because that is entirely what they are about i.e receiving profitable inducement to back the government of the day however badly such leadership is failing Nigeria. GEJ will of course use the vast resources available to the Presidency (Cash, EfCC/prosecution browbeating, contract largess, concessions, waivers, general patronage and public appointment like those given Adesiyan and Obanikoro) to sway "unopposed endorsement" . As we go along, others will make their move and we will indeed see if GEJ is truly "unopposed" or if some were just 'chopping his dollar'.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Nigerian Hidden War" Genocide Under President Jonathan / "Even If Buhari Presents NEPA Bill As Certificate, I Will Vote For Him" – Ikpeba / Olam’s Rice Revolution In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.