Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:04 PM

Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? (1256 Views)

The Future Of Akward Boxers??? / Toke, Funke Akindele, Mocheddah & More Fab Ladies At The Future Awards / Dress Codes For Convocation ceremony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by stanconnect(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2014
A popular saying goes this way, 'dress the way you wish to be addressed'
But going by what is attainable in the present society, it keeps me wondering whether we won't be breeding full naked people in the near future..if you check through the lanes of history, you will agree with me that our father's and then mothers where blessed, their dressing alone portrayed respect and honour.
This has spread so wide even before the reign of the most popular virus in existence now. There's no exception, both in our so called religious grounds especially in our churches with no person to call any person to order;

If u speak, they 'll give u reasons, reminding you of the century where in now! The ladies walk half unclad or wearing things that reveal every contours of their body, which creates the wrong impression to every guy that comes around them. The guys are not even left out, sagging and showing off their panties; it doesn't make one a big boy or girl..'my thoughts though!
I think we really need to caution ourselves, most times we are the cause of our present problems, the way you dress really tells a lot about you even before you introduce your self.

So it got me wondering, and I had to reflect back to the past, the present and was now thinking what the future will hold in stock for us if things continue this way! But I belive God will help us all IJN..Amen!
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by ayanbaba2(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2014
You_are_on_point...happy_sabbath_day.

1 Like

Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by vizkiz: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2014
i aren't scared about the past nor present...i am scared about what the future is gonna be all about embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by stanconnect(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2014
vizkiz: i aren't scared about the past nor present...i am scared about what the future is gonna be all about embarassed

But it's the present that will give rise to the future, I believe that if the present can be curtailed to an extent, maybe by God's grace..the future might just be lucky to be better!
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 28, 2014
[quote author=stanconnect]

But it's the present that will give rise to the future, I believe that if the present can be curtailed to an extent, maybe by God's grace..the future might just be lucky to be better![/quo

Very rightly said my brother and I agree with you to a certain extent. Honourable intentions I believe, but there is only so much we as individual's can do(..hence the need for Gods grace!). Especially in a country like Nigeria, where do you start? I guess from within.
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by stanconnect(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2014
[quote author=Rommello][/quote]

Well said bro...
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by Jennydoris(f): 9:23am On Sep 28, 2014
Amen!

It's really disturbing and disheartening. That people especially women now dress without considering how they will be addressed when they are in the public. Women now dress in rags and they call it fashion.
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by stanconnect(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2014
Jennydoris: Amen!

It's really disturbing and disheartening. That people especially women now dress without considering how they will be addressed when they are in the public. Women now dress in rags and they call it fashion.

Yes dear, and most of them keep having broken relationships and marriages, without knowing that they are the cause of their problems, cos most of the guys get seduced and head for the ladies making sure they get em and lay with em @ every cost and once they actualize there agenda they dump them and head for the nxt one.
Most ladies that dress decent, have had lasting affairs...am not saying it's a sure priority bt I think it's a major one!

2 Likes

Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by cyborg1(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by stanconnect(m): 10:56am On Sep 28, 2014
Lol..bros e don teh we de observe oo...nd if we keep on observing...tins go spoil finish ooh!
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by Hollyb(f): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
God wil help us in this generation. Morals has really degenerated. You see people mocking those dat still manage to uphold their moral standards. Half unclothedness has now become the in thing now pple have forgotten that cloth was invented to cover our unclothedness and not to show it. Its only God dat can help us
Re: Dress Codes; Before, Now, And The Future? by stanconnect(m): 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hollyb: God wil help us in this generation. Morals has really degenerated. You see people mocking those dat still manage to uphold their moral standards. Half unclothedness has now become the in thing now pple have forgotten that cloth was invented to cover our unclothedness and not to show it. Its only God dat can help us

True talk. Dear!

(1) (Reply)

Premium Tshirts With Igbo Designs N9400 / Models Show You The New Victoria's Secret Underwears / For Sale- An Orange Strapless Embroded Gown Size 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.