Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? (19985 Views)

Another Proof That The New Testament Is Not The Word Of God / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
Image123:

Do they serve 41000 gods? Do they believe in the lordship of 41000 Jesus? Do they believe Jesus died in 41000 ways? How are they fundamentally different, and in how many ways?
you tell me i'm the atheist here tongue
....from mormonism to ebionites to yahwehists to church of "christ" etc.....they all cling the name "christianity" and the same holy book....but differ in little but noticeable ways.....for example most orthodoxy accept the theory of evolution.....the church of "christ" doesn't....they don't even have crosses or musical instruments.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
These ones say this is how it's done, others would say NO! That's not true. Makes you wonder why since they claim to be using the same bible... Anyways they say it's the holy ghost that does the interpretation and again that makes you wonder if the holy ghost has multiple personality issues for revealing different things to different sects
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
davien:
....from mormonism to ebionites to yahwehists to church of "christ" etc.....they all cling the name "christianity" and the same holy book....but differ in little but noticeable ways.....for example most orthodoxy accept the theory of evolution.....the church of "christ" doesn't....they don't even have crosses or musical instruments.... undecided
atheism itself is a religion. sad
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
atheism itself is a religion. sad
Wrong. Define religion.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xcapist:

Wrong. Define religion.
Before I prove to you that atheism is a religion, tell me your idea of how the world came into existence, since you don't believe in the biblical account of creation since the world must have come from something. smiley

Is it big bang theory or steady state theory
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Before I prove to you that atheism is a religion, tell me your idea of how the world came into existence, since you don't believe in the biblical account of creation since the world must have come from something. smiley

Is it big bang theory or steady state theory

Wrong again. I believe the great Flying Spaghetti Monster created it all.

Your turn.
Note, I didn't say you should prove anything, just define religion. Simple.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xcapist:

Wrong again. I believe the great Flying Spaghetti Monster created it all. Your turn.
Note, I didn't say you should prove anything, just define religion. Simple.
I actually understand your question, but to honestly answer your question, there is need to ask of how you think the world came into existence, which consequently renders the Christian faith invalid. Therefore, I still believe you have to tell me what you believe in, for me to answer your question. sad
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I actually understand your question, but to honestly answer your question, there is need to ask of how you think the world came into existence, which consequently renders the Christian faith invalid. Therefore, I still believe you have to tell me what you believe in, for me to answer your question. sad

Alas! I don't even know what steady state theory is. I'm not one of these smartass atheists people oo. I just know if the universe was created by an infinite intelligence, it's not your Yahweh, he surely can't be that intelligent. I've met him in your book and that character is full of s.. lipsrsealed

Ehen, and you think the creation story is the only thing wrong with your faith, bro you need to pull your head out of............
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xcapist:

Alas! I don't even know what steady state theory is. I'm not one of these smartass atheists people oo. I just know if the universe was created by an infinite intelligence, it's not your Yahweh, he surely can't be that intelligent. I've met him in your book and that character is full of s.. lipsrsealed

Ehen, and you think the creation story is the only thing wrong with your faith, bro you need to pull your head out of............
Do you have any proof to back your believe? If you don't, then its your religion.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Do you have any proof to back your believe? If you don't, then its your religion.

grin grin grin For your mind now, you have done a Q.E.D.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:

Ohhhhhh, that's where you were headed? Hehe. I understand you now grin

Well, I believe that is your definition (do I need to provide proof for that too?).

religion /rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a
personal God or gods.

That's as basic as it gets... Now do you still think atheism is a religion?

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xcapist:

Ohhhhhh, that's where you were headed? Hehe. I understand you now grin

Well, I believe that is your definition (do I need to provide proof for that too?).

That's as basic as it gets... Now do you still think atheism is a religion?
"1.
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe." Doesn't your 'intelligent design' fit this definition since a design needs a designer? I beg to disagree that you are an atheist "1.
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings."
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
"1.
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe." Doesn't your 'intelligent design' fit this definition since a design needs a designer? I beg to disagree that you are an atheist "1.
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings."

Let's have it that I'm not an atheist. For now, I'm a Pastafarian, a believer in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but how does that make atheism a religion

I think I've made it clear on this thread that it's not the idea of a creator(s) I'm against but I disagree that your Yahweh is the one responsible for creation. I find the possibility of his existence very unlikely. A character that contradictory and messed up belong with his kin in ancient mythological tales.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xcapist:

Let's have it that I'm not an atheist. For now, I'm a Pastafarian, a believer in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but how does that make atheism a religion

I think I've made it clear on this thread that it's not the idea of a creator(s) I'm against but I disagree that your Yahweh is the one responsible for creation. I find the possibility of his existence very unlikely. A character that contradictory and messed up belong with his kin in ancient mythological tales.
list the contradictions
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xcapist:

list the contradictions
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Misogynist2014:
list the contradictions
this just got interesting. Let's start with lion and the lamb, who ever heard of these two getting along? tongue being 100% god and 100% man means you're 100% none of the above. That's just a scratch on the surface.

A loving, merciful God or a consuming fire?
Good god or evil god?
Free will or predestination?
Perfect god or flawed?
Omnipotent or semi omnipotent?
Omniscient or semi omniscient?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 14, 2014
Misogynist2014:
list the contradictions
Based on the standard definition of a religion, do you still think atheism is a religion?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 1:54am On Oct 14, 2014
100% God n man = Jesus. Perfectly valid.
Jesus:
The Lion of the tribe of Judah;
The Lamb who took away the sins of the world. Valid.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 2:13am On Oct 14, 2014
This messed up God created a stable world . Stable an orderly enuff for you to bank upon many things happening in due time.
Like the sun rising every morning.
The seasons occuring in their time.
The earth rotating around the sun .
The earth not spinng to fast or too slow.

It's strange a thinkg-man wud attribute all these precision engineering works to blind CHANCE!
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Weah96: 5:20am On Oct 14, 2014
Misogynist2014:
list the contradictions

Prayers are never answered in public, even though the scriptures guarantee that they will.

Christians are speaking with Jesus today, one MOG even traveled on Jesus's back from Lagos to the white house, and yet not one person is doing "greater works" than he did in the book. The book/bible guarantees that anyone with faith should do greater works than Jesus himself.

The bible says that it is appointed unto man once to die. Yet Lazarus and many others in the same book died TWICE.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:
This messed up God created a stable world . Stable an orderly enuff for you to bank upon many things happening in due time.
Like the sun rising every morning.
The seasons occuring in their time.
The earth rotating around the sun .
The earth not spinng to fast or too slow.

It's strange a thinkg-man wud attribute all these precision engineering works to blind CHANCE!

Forget about chance. If a god created the universe and set up its precise motion, you believe it has to be Yahweh and that's were my problem lies. Messed up Yahweh surely can't take credit for that, your Yahweh is too small and man-like to be responsible for creation and it's maintenance/sustenance. You think man was created in the image of your god, I think your god was created in the image of man. If there's a god out there what makes you think he even care about you? Or whether we believe or worship him or not? I'm probably sounding like your devil now.

Btw, we live in a messed up world, where pregnant mothers have been cut open, innocent infants have been smashed on rocks, and millions of people have been slaughtered in the name of your Yahweh. That doesn't bother you?

What is strange is a "thinkg-man" believing all these twisted tales...
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:04am On Oct 14, 2014
Weah96:

Prayers are never answered in public, even though the scriptures guarantee that they will.

Christians are speaking with Jesus today, one MOG even traveled on Jesus's back from Lagos to the white house, and yet not one person is doing "greater works" than he did in the book. The book/bible guarantees that anyone with faith should do greater works than Jesus himself.

The bible says that it is appointed unto man once to die. Yet Lazarus and many others in the same book died TWICE.
How did you know that those MOGs are of God? For God sees the inside and man the outside. Jesus said through Faith, but you won't have the power without 'fasting and prayer' undecided .The case of Lazarus was for signs and wonders, it wasn't his time to die. Tell me, if not for signs and wonders, would people believe in Jesus? Even, reading the chapter showed you that the people with him questioned his ability, but believed in him when they saw him raise Lazarus. In fact you can conclude that Lazarus was 'used' in order for the miracle to happen.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2014
Xcapist:

Based on the standard definition of a religion, do you still think atheism is a religion?
Yes! For their account of genesis, just like they accused religion of is manmade, a mere theory. They claim that unlike religion, they can be disproved, which makes their account very dangerous, same with your spaghetti cheesy . It takes 'FAITH' for you to believe in a match made theory that has no proof. How can you say universe evolved from a hot ball, what created the 'space' where the hot ball took its effect? It takes less faith to believe the bible than the pot of lies called big bang. This makes atheism a religion, because the hot ball is their god, which created the universe, isn't it? In whom they put their trust and faith. To show you how stupid and inconclusive big bang is, which if disproved by advance in science, means the dead believers had been decieved to(you know the consequences) death, I cut this portion from the big bang encyclopedia, which nails it to its coffin :the state of the universe in the earliest instants of the Big Bang expansion is POORLY UNDERSTOOD and still an area of open investigation. The Big Bang theory DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY EXPLANATION for the initial conditions of the universe; rather, it describes and explains the general evolution of the universe going forward from that point on.
Belgian catholic priest and scientist Georges Lemaîtreproposed what became the Big Bang theory in 1927. Over time, scientists built on his initial idea of cosmic expansion, which, his theory went, could be traced back to the origin of the cosmos and which led to formation of the modern universe'

Rubbish!!! How foolish can man be to trust on the theory of evolution and big bang? I need 'great faith' to believe these rubbish than I need to believe in the GOD of Istrael.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by MizMyColi(f): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2014
kiss kiss kiss
Xcapist:

Forget about chance. If a god created the universe and set up its precise motion, you believe it has to be Yahweh and that's were my problem lies. Messed up Yahweh surely can't take credit for that, your Yahweh is too small and man-like to be responsible for creation and it's maintenance/sustenance. You think man was created in the image of your god, I think your god was created in the image of man. If there's a god out there what makes you think he even care about you? Or whether we believe or worship him or not? I'm probably sounding like your devil now.

Btw, we live in a messed up world, where pregnant mothers have been cut open, innocent infants have been smashed on rocks, and millions of people have been slaughtered in the name of your Yahweh. That doesn't bother you?

kiss kiss kiss
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2014
Xcapist:

like i said previously, your accusations of God are deliberately biased - and you know this.
A scientifc assessment wud use honest weights and scales.

We also live in a world were lives hav been transformed by the preachg of the word.

We also live in a world were christian missionary outreaches
hav touched countless lives.

Many people who don't know God hav experienced God's love through the obedience of His children.
Last, I checked no other religion preaches/practices love for outsiders. because , no other religion is God-inspired.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:39am On Oct 14, 2014
Weah96:

Also the 'die once' refers only to those who believe in 'afterlife.'
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

like i said previously, your accusations of God are deliberately biased - and you know this.
A scientifc assessment wud use honest weights and scales.
My brother I admit you got it right on this count. Like you, I'm not 100% objective all the time. Touche. But scientific assessment??! shocked your religion can't stand that, it's all based on faith remember? Please, henceforth let's be specific, there are a myriad of known gods, let's call him by his name so we can be certain who we are talking about...with the hope that he doesn't get upset with you for "calling the name of thy god in vain"

We also live in a world were lives hav been transformed by the preachg of the word.

We also live in a world were christian missionary outreaches
hav touched countless lives.

Many people who don't know God hav experienced God's love through the obedience of His children.
Last, I checked no other religion preaches/practices love for outsiders. because , no other religion is God-inspired.

Well, you didn't check well bro. Check again. Christianity is not the only religion known for its charity and philanthropy. And if tolerance, charity and altruism are the yardstick for measuring the genuineness of a religion, then agnostic Mr. Bill Gates with his charitable works around the world, donating billions of dollars and saving millions of lives (--lives he has no religious obligation to even help in the first place) should be the Christ, don't you think? Meanwhile your christian "papas" are busy gaining the world, making top richest Pastors list, while many people (even the ones in their flock) are losing their lives to penury. So much for christian charity...

And the good done by Christians in his name doesn't nullify the evil in his nature, that he said you should show love and mercy and go right on to be such a sadistic, infanticidal as.....lipsrsealed shows that that dude ain't loyal. This minute he's burning with rage destroying people, killing them, devastating their kingdoms and the next moment he's all yori-yori, "you know I love you na, u too dey do shakara for me that's why I'm punishing you..." wait! dis love na by force? This is a lover that you claim has haven given us free will so that we don't have to be robotic in our devotion, but once we choose to be on our own hell breaks lose? Free will? Free will my black butt. It's more like love me or I kill you forever!! Will you ever threaten to destroy a girl that rejects your love?

One moment he's like I'm a respecter of no man, I don't have favourites, bla bla bla and the next moment he says Isaac I love, Esau I hate? Even before their birth? WTF man? What's that?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
davien:

You insinuated there were about 41000 DIFFERENT views in a bid to discredit faith and Christianity. Now you say little but noticeable ways. He that has the Son of God has life, he that has not the Son has no life. It is that plain, there are no 41000 ways about it.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Xcapist:
These ones say this is how it's done, others would say NO! That's not true. Makes you wonder why since they claim to be using the same bible... Anyways they say it's the holy ghost that does the interpretation and again that makes you wonder if the holy ghost has multiple personality issues for revealing different things to different sects

The hand is 'slightly' different from the leg, they're still part of the body. People don't have equal level of understanding on any issue. Put two professors under the same teacher for one hour, same time. They would not give the exact same answers if tested or questioned. They won't get the same mark. Yet they both passed and are both professors. The fundamentals of the Christian faith are most important.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Image123:

You insinuated there were about 41000 DIFFERENT views in a bid to discredit faith and Christianity. Now you say little but noticeable ways. He that has the Son of God has life, he that has not the Son has no life. It is that plain, there are no 41000 ways about it.
calm down image123.......
i'm not merely insinuating things....just telling you the facts...
" As there are reported to be approximately 41,000
Christian denominations "

[url] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations [/url]

ALL I'M MERELY ASKING IS HOW IS THE "TRUE FAITH" DETERMINED...!
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
davien:
calm down image123.......
i'm not merely insinuating things....just telling you the facts...
" As there are reported to be approximately 41,000
Christian denominations "

[url] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations [/url]

ALL I'M MERELY ASKING IS HOW IS THE "TRUE FAITH" DETERMINED...!

The existence of 41000 denominations as alleged is not an issue. There may as well be 41000 universities or secondary schools. It don't mean that 1+1 has 41000 different answers. That is what you're insinuating.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Weah96: 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Misogynist2014:
How did you know that those MOGs are of God? For God sees the inside and man the outside. Jesus said through Faith, but you won't have the power without 'fasting and prayer' undecided .The case of Lazarus was for signs and wonders, it wasn't his time to die. Tell me, if not for signs and wonders, would people believe in Jesus? .

OK, so Lazarus didn't die TWICE? The bible says that his corpse had already begun to decompose.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd say that if a corpse begins to decompose, then it means that the person is DEAD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Being The Odd One In A Sex-infested Society / Man Kneels Down To Welcome Apostle Suleman In Sweden(photos) / Pastor Adeboye Attends UNN's Convocation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.