Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? (19994 Views)

Another Proof That The New Testament Is Not The Word Of God / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:
it is an infallible prescience.
He knows what will happen, he doesn't need to cause it, but he knows it. He is aware of all possible possibilities and the outcome of them all. In it all, among those possible posibilities and choices, he has patterned his timetable to allow for them all.
In the end, he will still win.

So what does it do with all that knowledge?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
Xcapist: I always believed that God is perfect - almighty and all knowing, and He neither lies nor errs. He is perfect and his word is true and final. But I struggled for a long time with some scriptures in the old Testament, especially ones that seem to portray God's ethical failings and the sickening gory details of some of the rites and rituals. The new Testament, though, seem to fix a lot of these initial issues.

But my question is if God is perfect, why do we need two testaments - one to fix fulfill the other?

The testaments are for men not God. It's like asking a pharmacist why he made a drug if he's not sick.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
hifaif:

SENSELESS.

so this is what you say when you go clueless.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

So what does it do with all that knowledge?

whatever he likes!
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

so this is what you say when you go clueless.

It doesn't make any sense. Whose script was Judas following when he betrayed Jesus?

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
hifaif:

Not any that I know of.
hmm. I try not to bother myself with the likes of u. In the end, u will say "I'd I known"
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

whatever he likes!

Are its decisions also predestined?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
sheunfemix: hmm. I try not to bother myself with the likes of u. In the end, u will say "I'd I known"

I don't give a damn about WHAT scares you.

If there is indeed a God, why do you people think he wants to be known? Why do you think he should be bothered about a creation refusing to acknowledge his existence? Is he so insecure that my refusing to acknowledge him pisses him off so badly that he would send me to hell?

Guy, wake up. Yahweh looks too human, too trivial. It is not God.

2 Likes

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by manmacho: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
hifaif:

I don't give a damn about WHAT scares you.

If there is indeed a God, why do you people think he wants to be known? Why do you think he should be bothered about a creation refusing to acknowledge his existence? Is he so insecure that my refusing to acknowledge him pisses him off so badly that he would send me to hell?

Guy, wake up. Yahweh looks too human, too trivial. It is not God.

God loves you brother it doesn't matter how badly you think about him.

you are His true test of Love!

Am sure He would not want you to find out about Him at the other end of Life.

The Signature of God existence is all around you if only you could see. nature define God more than mind could capture. Look within bro.

you are quite intelligent and made reasonable point, but just like Job, he could not give a response at the Almighty's response.

YOU WON'T I BET WITH YOU, YOU WONT

i could do a bet with you if you are willing

I CAN PRAY TO GOD THAT HE SHOWS YOU IS TRUE EXISTENCE OUT OF THE LOVE HE HAS FOR YOU!

IF YOU AGREE THEN BE READY AND LET ALL WATCH THE TURN OF EVENT

ELIJAH PROVED GOD ON MOUNT CAMEL HE IS STILL WILLING TO DO IT AGAIN
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by manmacho: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
hifaif:

It doesn't make any sense. Whose script was Judas following when he betrayed Jesus?

YOU KNOW BROTHER FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT EXPLAIN I FEEL SOO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Please brother manmacho prayer to Yahweh to manifest himself in an unquestionable way to me so that I can believe him, because I've spent years doing that and I get no response. Maybe he doesn’t like me as much as he likes you....
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Are its decisions also predestined?

his decisions are his. Sovereign and true
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
hifaif:

judas was acting freely, according to his own counsels. His free choice was already known to God and factored into his plan.

As i said earlier, his prescience is infalliable. He is aware of all possible possibilities and they will all work to his glory.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

his decisions are his. Sovereign and true

My question is: Is it faced with choices in its decisions or not?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

My question is: Is it faced with choices in its decisions or not?

that is a powerful question. One that carrys with it a lot of sematics.

I believe God has choices, yes! He could chose whether to create or not to create. I see another question coming.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
I have never met a person who claim he doesn't believe in God. One thing I knw this people have in common is a black empty hole in their hearts. You can try to deny it, but u knw that emptiness is there. And they will keep searching and searching for what's not really there. They will turn their face to the North, East, West and South and still find nothiness, emptiness and would try to grab on to something, anything but when they open their hands they find NOTHING. Only the Holy Spirit can break their soul, re-mould it and then transform them. A heart of stone for a heart of flesh. Don't try to exchange words with their likes or use big words. The best one can do is pray for them.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

I believe God has choices, yes! He could chose whether to create or not to create. I see another question coming.

So that means it is also a subject of time like the rest of us, hence, it doesn't really know everything that will happen until it makes its "choice"
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

judas was acting freely, according to his own counsels. His free choice was already known to God and factored into his plan.

As i said earlier, his prescience is infalliable. He is aware of all possible possibilities and they will all work to his glory.

Take a minute to check your post above. In all honesty, does it make any sense to you?

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

Bros what are u trying to explain to an AgentofAhall who calls God 'it' undecided
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
sheunfemix: I have never met a person who claim he doesn't believe in God. One thing I knw this people have in common is a black empty hole in their hearts. You can try to deny it, but u knw that emptiness is there. And they will keep searching and searching for what's not really there. They will turn their face to the North, East, West and South and still find nothiness, emptiness and would try to grab on to something, anything but when they open their hands they find NOTHING. Only the Holy Spirit can break their soul, re-mould it and then transform them. A heart of stone for a heart of flesh. Don't try to exchange words with their likes or use big words. The best one can do is pray for them.

Hehehe, your post made me laugh a deep contented laugh. Simply because I see the love in you to keep praying for people you don't know. It's nice. Really. I say go a step further and expand your circle of love to include them. And stopped making assumption about their emptiness, you don't know them!!! You've said so yourself. Make an atheist friend and make effort to understand them before drawing conclusion about them. No argument, just interact like two normal human beings. I can be your first "atheist friend" if you want.... grin
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Xcapist:

Hehehe, your post made me laugh a deep contented laugh. Simply because I see the love in you to keep praying for people you don't know. It's nice. Really. I say go a step further and expand your circle of love to include them. And stopped making assumption about their emptiness, you don't know them!!! You've said so yourself. Make an atheist friend and make effort to understand them before drawing conclusion about them. No argument, just interact like two normal human beings. I can be your first "atheist friend" if you want.... grin
cheesy who says I'm gonna pray for u? Lmao... I jst had my own deep contented laugh too cheesy Anyway, I know u are normal, nothing special jst that u fail to look within u so as to see the hands of God. I don't think I nEed an "atheist friend" naaaaaaaa. I'll pass on dat tongue
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
sheunfemix: Bros what are u trying to explain to an AgentofAhall who calls God 'it' undecided

If you specify god's gender, I shall refer to it accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
sheunfemix: cheesy who says I'm gonna pray for u? Lmao... I jst had my own deep contented laugh too cheesy Anyway, I know u are normal, nothing special jst that u fail to look within u so as to see the hands of God. I don't think I nEed an "atheist friend" naaaaaaaa. I'll pass on dat tongue

Issorai bro. Just don't claim you've someone already figured out when you don't know them. God bless and goodnight. Btw the way I didn't say you're going to pray for me. Read in between the lines. I said people tongue
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by alexleo(m): 12:04am On Oct 03, 2014
hifaif:

I am not mixing up things. You can't tell me that God planned everything right from the beginning and still want me to believe that man has free will.

The plan of God in the creation of man is to create a being that will have higher reasoning than all the other things he created, a being that will be able to choose between good and evil. The best he has done is to warn you of the consequences of your choice and made a way of escape. He is not restricting you to follow any path. I don't know what is not freewill about this.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by alexleo(m): 12:24am On Oct 03, 2014
hifaif:

Jesus' death was part of God's plans too? Whose script wasJudas following? God's or is own?

Was there a place that the bible said that JUDAS will betray Jesus?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 03, 2014
alexleo:

Was there a place that the bible said that JUDAS will betray Jesus?

You should answer my question first.

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 03, 2014
alexleo:

The plan of God in the creation of man is to create a being that will have higher reasoning than all the other things he created, a being that will be able to choose between good and evil. The best he has done is to warn you of the consequences of your choice and made a way of escape. He is not restricting you to follow any path. I don't know what is not freewill about this.

The thing with you Christians is that you never want to humble yourselves by saying you don't really understand somethings. You prefer to head into an argument even though you know you can never make any sense of it.

You said God planned everything right from the beginning and yet said he does not restrict you from following any path. If he has planned that you join BH or ISIS, would the path you decide to take 'freely' not have to eventually conform with God's plans?

If your actions can't exist outside God's plans, then you are not exercise free will. You are just working according to the dictates of God which means that as somebody once said 'you are nothing but a pencil in the hand of God'

2 Likes

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by manmacho: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist: Please brother manmacho prayer to Yahweh to manifest himself in an unquestionable way to me so that I can believe him, because I've spent years doing that and I get no response. Maybe he doesn’t like me as much as he likes you....

God will manifest himself to you in an Unquestionable way.

It is without a doubt in my Heart that He will purge you all doubt about is true existence

I believe this tread was created for the purpose.

His love conquer all and will surely win you over making you a pedestal for other atheist to change their stance about God.

You will surely be in the list of those who will tell a story of your antecedence as an atheist

CAN YOU GIVE ME A NAME, OR SOMETHING TO DESCRIBE YOU BY? I WILL NEED IT TO INTRODUCE YOU TO GOD?

IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN IN THE HOUSE CAN YOU PLEASE AGREE WITH ME IN PRAYER, THAT WE MAY ALL SHARE IN THE JOY OF HIS CONVERSION
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 03, 2014
manmacho:

God will manifest himself to you in an Unquestionable way.

It is without a doubt in my Heart that He will purge you all doubt about is true existence

I believe this tread was created for the purpose.

His love conquer all and will surely win you over making you a pedestal for other atheist to change their stance about God.

You will surely be in the list of those who will tell a story of your antecedence as an atheist

CAN YOU GIVE ME A NAME, OR SOMETHING TO DESCRIBE YOU BY? I WILL NEED IT TO INTRODUCE YOU TO GOD?

IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN IN THE HOUSE CAN YOU PLEASE AGREE WITH ME IN PRAYER, THAT WE MAY ALL SHARE IN THE JOY OF HIS CONVERSION

Don't worry about the name, me and Yahweh we go way back, he can't claim not to know me now.

Amen and Amen. Looking forward to this manifestation event. If it happens, you'll be the first to know! I'll even come to your church for testimony. Can I have a time frame of expectation so that I can come back and tell everyone here that the Yahweh enterprise is a fraud confirmed by manmacho if it doesn't work?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist:

Don't worry about the name, me and Yahweh we go way back, he can't claim not to know me now.

Amen and Amen. Looking forward to this manifestation event. If it happens, you'll be the first to know! I'll even come to your church for testimony. Can I have a time frame of expectation so that I can come back and tell everyone here that the Yahweh enterprise is a fraud confirmed by manmacho if it doesn't work?

chai!! Dude I swear u no well cheesy. Seems like u are making fun of everything u are bEen told. I'm going off ur thread joor. Unserious element. BTW I'm a lady not a guy
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: chai!! Dude I swear u no well cheesy. Seems like u are making fun of everything u are bEen told. I'm going off ur thread joor. Unserious element. BTW I'm a lady not a guy

Biko. Ma binu. And sorry about the little gender confusion milady. grin busted! I have a slight sarcastic flare but my op was sincere. Will you stay? undecided
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by alexleo(m): 11:21am On Oct 03, 2014
hifaif:

The thing with you Christians is that you never want to humble yourselves by saying you don't really understand somethings. You prefer to head into an argument even though you know you can never make any sense of it.

'

The explanations are very clear but the truth is that you don't understand us because you ve configured your heart not to do so.

hifaif:

You said God planned everything right from the beginning and yet said he does not restrict you from following any path. If he has planned that you join BH or ISIS, would the path you decide to take 'freely' not have to eventually conform with God's plans?

If your actions can't exist outside God's plans, then you are not exercise free will. You are just working according to the dictates of God which means that as somebody once said 'you are nothing but a pencil in the hand of God'

Obviously you have a very wrong definition of freewill. Life always offers you with choices and whatever merits or demerits of your choice you bear.

Freewill doesn't wipe away the fact that every choice we make in life has an end result. You are talking as if it is not a general thing in life. The atheist that you are today is by your choice. The career you are in today is by choice, the wife you married today is by choice. Choice is in everything so don't make it look as if its only a religous thing.

Freewill doesn't mean you ll do something and not bear the consequences of it pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Attends UNN's Convocation (Photos) / Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders! / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.