Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Need An Advice.... Help A Friend! - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Need An Advice.... Help A Friend! (542 Views)

A Friend Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need An Advice.... Help A Friend! by walexzee11(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sometimes life is not just fair to someone and I have come to realise there are many struggles one make to compete with colleagues or friends that sometimes ends up to ones failure. My experience in academic pursuit has made me come to this conclusion.
Having graduated from secondary school in 2008 with good result (Credit in all subjects in one sitting), My struggle to further my education in higher Institutions began. I took JAMB virtually every year since then with good scores(the least score being 200).
In 2009 UniJos denied me admission for no just cause despite metting every requirements, I headed to Polytechnic in 2011 for what I termed admission opportunity to studied Architecture (Which I didn't put in for cos I'm not good in drawing), but finished my ND program in 2013 with a poor grade which I'm not satisfied with.
Now in 2014,I put in for JAMB again having 200 and 64% in UTME and PostUTME respectively to study Geology in Unilorin. But it seems life is not being fair to me academically cos I made the cut-off mark to study Geology and yet despite the fact that I even seek help of different officials in the institution to help me with the admission, the first and second admission list is out already without my name being shortlisted. I'm still praying vividly to be consider before the whole admission is call off.
My Dilemma is that at 25yrs of age giving to my background status(An Orphan since 2007 struggling to be well Educated all alone by doing petty Jobs). I resolve to give up my academic pursuit for trades If not consider this year Cos must of my secondary school friends are now graduate most of them working and doing good and here I am still struggling for admission,but my pain is that,I am good academically that my Friends envy my brilliancy but Life is not just fair... It's a pity!!

Here is a friend that need a piece of advice.....What should I do? ...Is my resolution Okay?

1 Like

Re: Need An Advice.... Help A Friend! by Abduletudaye(m): 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
walexzee11: Sometimes life is not just fair to someone and I have come to realise there are many struggles one make to compete with colleagues or friends that sometimes ends up to ones failure. My experience in academic pursuit has made me come to this conclusion.
Having graduated from secondary school in 2008 with good result (Credit in all subjects in one sitting), My struggle to further my education in higher Institutions began. I took JAMB virtually every year since then with good scores(the least score being 200).
In 2009 UniJos denied me admission for no just cause despite metting every requirements, I headed to Polytechnic in 2011 for what I termed admission opportunity to studied Architecture (Which I didn't put in for cos I'm not good in drawing), but finished my ND program in 2013 with a poor grade which I'm not satisfied with.
Now in 2014,I put in for JAMB again having 200 and 64% in UTME and PostUTME respectively to study Geology in Unilorin. But it seems life is not being fair to me academically cos I made the cut-off mark to study Geology and yet despite the fact that I even seek help of different officials in the institution to help me with the admission, the first and second admission list is out already without my name being shortlisted. I'm still praying vividly to be consider before the whole admission is call off.
My Dilemma is that at 25yrs of age giving to my background status(An Orphan since 2007 struggling to be well Educated all alone by doing petty Jobs). I resolve to give up my academic pursuit for trades If not consider this year Cos must of my secondary school friends are now graduate most of them working and doing good and here I am still struggling for admission,but my pain is that,I am good academically that my Friends envy my brilliancy but Life is not just fair... It's a pity!!

Here is a friend that need a piece of advice.....What should I do? ...Is my resolution Okay?

This is indeed a mysterious world we are in. Have you got any talent you can develop and fall back on?

Or maybe you can act.. Sing.. Or some other thing you can build upon to get your carrier in place.. Trust me, you are oppressed because you mentioned it indirectly and I understand that feeling... Check yourself.. Any talents?? So u can rely on that..
Re: Need An Advice.... Help A Friend! by walexzee11(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
Abduletudaye:

This is indeed a mysterious world we are in. Have you got any talent you can develop and fall back on?

Or maybe you can act.. Sing.. Or some other thing you can build upon to get your carrier in place.. Trust me, you are oppressed because you mentioned it indirectly and I understand that feeling... Check yourself.. Any talents?? So u can rely on that..
Thanks alot...I'll need to figure out more talent out of myself....but now I think I'm good in trade!....Just need something to keep me going!

1 Like

Re: Need An Advice.... Help A Friend! by Abduletudaye(m): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
walexzee11: Thanks alot...I'll need to figure out more talent out of myself....but now I think I'm good in trade!....Just need something to keep me going!

Alright lad... Good luck..

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin Scracth Card / Studying Abroad: The Basis / Apex-grade Tutors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.