Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

== A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) (20741 Views)

A Thief In The Church - Part 1 18+ Story / The Man In The Church And Other Stories / Anyigba Thief - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Donfamous(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
ESIXLOVE: the backup file were save in my gmail. But gmail blocked the account. So the backup file is also gone.
that's crazy! U mean d two stories.?
Can't u repoen it!
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by kingphilip(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
codedbaby:
u Berta take another wrap and a glass of "love portion" to wash it down
k babe Tnx for da portion sha
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Story so far..........

The noise of people rushing to early morning mass woke up the two sleepers that were occupying a four bedroom apartment inside the luxurious bus.

It was peter that woke up first before James followed suit. At first, they were oblivious of their present environment.
" oboy na where we dey? " peter asked his friend James. It was obvious that he was still suffering from hangover.

" na house we dey nah! " James screamed likesomeone that had an encounter with insanity.

" but from my angle of depression, e be like say this place no be house, " Peter replied moving towards the exit point of the luxurious bus.

" e bi like say you don dey see thing, and i sure say you don high. This na our house for inside our compound. " James countered.
It was when Peter got to the exit and looked outside that he discovered that it was not a fraction of his imagination that was playing tricks on him.
The whole surrounding was bright and beautiful, infact all creatures great and small were staring at them.
He rushed back into the bus to inform James of his discoveries. He saw James looking into the window like someone that had seen a ghost.
That was when it occurred to him that something was amiss.

" guy you dey naked! " James whispered to him.
" even you too! " Peter replied and bursted into a silent laughter.
They quickly searched for their trousers but it was nowhere to be found.
Unknown to them After the two hackers made away with their money, A little boy that came out to wee in the wee hour heard snoring from the luxurious bus, and being a mischievous boy, he moved slowly towards the luxurious bus and saw the two adults sleeping undisturbed in a corner inside the bus.
He moved quietly and collected their clothes, the one that he could lay hands on. Since it was still the wee hour, the little boy could not locate their pants and singlets that was at the far right.

Peter and James searched earnestly for their trousers, but to no avail. They were even lucky that the boy did not make away with their undies, if that had been the case, they would have been so sorry for themselves.

Putting on their undies, and before anyone could say jack Robinson, the two friends ran out of the luxurious bus like two wild rabbit looking for their hole.

They took a sharp bend that led to their street after running for about forty five minutes before slowing down to catch their breathe and deliberate on their folly.

" oboy you mean sey those babes just carry our money go just like that? " James spoke after they came to a complete halt under a mango tree that was some few yard from the batcher that they were occupying.

" them even get mind carry our trousers and shirt join am! " Peter said with hoarse voice.
" I just thank God say them leave our boxers and singlets " James put in laughing.
" talking about God, which time you go church last? " Peter asked his friend James.
" me no fit remember! " James replied scratching his head. " mehn! Mosquitoes been full for that bus o! " he added also scratching his hands and feet.
" no be small thing o! " Peter replied. He too was feeling the impact of the Mosquitoe bite.

" but those girls think say them fit just play us go just like? "he added.

" no mind the mumu them, the only thing wey them gain na the scrafing and the things wey we chop for that bar yesterday, as for the money, na counterfeit money them be that. " James replied and burst into a wild laughter followed by Peter.

" oboy make we dey go before somebody come see us for this place with this kind of clothes. Na yawa be that oh! " Peter added and started laughing again.

" nna mehn!, we suppose go church today go thank God for the deliverance wey Im give us today! " Peter suggested after they've taken their bath and have eaten.

" na true talk oh! " James seconded. " but which church wey we go come go nah? " he added.
" we go just waka dey go, any church wey make sense, we go just branch. "

" na good talk be that. " James replied. With that they put on their clothes and strolled out of the house.

TBC........

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
Aipete2: Hmmm, Lolz. Nice work sir plz come n continue oh
i had some few engagements to handle. All the same, you are welcome.

Temmyojo i dey see you o.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by princesssusan(f): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Following
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Have you heard about the ongoing E-Workshop For NAIRALAND holding @ Nairaland here and Now. Follow this link there
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main/6#26753646
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
STORY SO FAR.......

After roaming the street for close to an hour, they saw a sign post which read " THE SANCTUARY OF PRAISE ".
" very good!, i think this one go make sense! " James whispered to Peter.
" and fine fine girls go dey this church! " Peter chuckled.
With that they started tracing the exact location of the church.
They took their far right following the arrow that was placed at every bend to serve as a pointer for those that were coming to the church for the first time.
After turning two more bends they came face to face with the church.

" oboy eh! " James screamed unconsciously.
" Bloooooooood of Ebuka!!! " Peter joined in the exclamation. The two friends folded their hands and looked at the church with their mouths wide open. They have never seen a church that was smelling of class like this one before them.

The gate of the church was wide open. And from the gate of the church to the church auditorium were two rolls of flowers. There was a small roundabout some meters before the auditorium, and flowers where planted roundabout it too. There was an " n " shaped flower that crossed from one side of the gate to the other side. Even the door of the church had a similar " n " shaped flower ranging ten meters from the church door. There was a massive car park that can contain nothing less than 500 cars.
They move closer to the church door. The door opened on its own which resulted to the two of them running back in fright. " chei! See american wonder! " one of them shouted in awe.
They composed themselves and approached the door again, this time when the opened on its own they did not run back. They stepped into the auditorium and was more thrilled by the interior than they were at the exterior.
They would've stood there the whole if not for the timely intervention of one of the church official that tapped them on their shoulder. Actually the lady had been standing in front of them for about a minute but because these two were so lost in the splendor of the environment, they did not notice that someone was standing in front of them, so the lady had to tap them to get their attention.
She led them to a seat at the back roll of the church.

The Interior of the church was magnificent to say the least. The seats were arranged in rolls like a theatre. The church had a slope like the one in obafemi awolowo university. It was has a white marble wall and the decoration was a simple touch of white and green since it was an independence day. The choir was putting on a white suit and green tie. And were sitting at the left hand side of the church. The ministers were all on a white suit too.
All the instruments were positioned close to the choir. The had several instruments. A motif piano and a yamaha cork seven octave piano, a cello, violin, bass guitar, tuning fork, drumsets, trumpets, saxophone etc. The stand was like an orchestra stand.

They were distracted by the voice from the walls Before they could figure out what was going on. " oboy na where this sound dey come from?, because i no dey see any speaker " Peter called his friend's attention to his discovery

" will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee?. In tithes and offerings.

Ye are cursed with a curse, for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

And i will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts... "

James and peter heard the man on the altar saying.
" this must be the man in charge of this church. " they thought.

" bring out your tithes and offerings, you know that they Which sow sparingly, will reap sparingly and they Which sow bountifully, will also reap bountifully. So package your offerings very well and put on your dancing shoes, choir please give us a danceable song and lets rock to the glory of the LORD " the man concluded with a smile.

These two have not been to church before, they were just passing by when some breeze blew them into the church, but what we don't know, is the nature of the breeze that blew them into the church.

Just like a MIRACLE a lady's voice was heard in the background and before they could comprehend what was going on, the whole church came alive.
The choir was singing " oh happy day " and the lead soloists had a soprano voice.
Before their very eyes, people were giving both naira and dollar as offering.

" i don die, this girl voice sweet die!, and see how people dey give money like sey this country no hard! " James whispered to Peter.

" na so i see am o! " Peter replied.
When the offering basket got to them James almost grabbed the basket and run away, the only thing that stopped him was the fact that some people were standing close to the door.

" oboy that church get money! " Peter screamed on their way back to the house after the service had ended.
" i been no know sey dem fit give person wey come church food to chop, if not, i for no dey waste my time for house. Na for church i for dey take my morning food " Peter added.

" guy!, no be that one dey my mind, you see the way that money plenty?. If i fit get that money, my problems don solve. " James replied with a serious look on his face.

TBC.........
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by codedbaby(f): 6:40am On Oct 02, 2014
let them try and steal the money. they will vomit it out big time. weld one Esixlove am enjoying the grace of God in u
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by princesssusan(f): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Nawah peter n james no go kill person
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
please I want to use this medium to
ask of a favour from you guys. I want to know the areas where i'm
lacking in my work.
Please don't tell me about late update
and short update. I work for 12hours
and that's not very good for writers
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
codedbaby: let them try and steal the money. they will vomit it out big time. weld one Esixlove am enjoying the grace of God in u
thank you so much. I'm very grateful, and i'm working towards improvement.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by KingzPen(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ride On Boss... Enjoy the story...

Keep The Flag Flying...

Following...
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Franasoan(f): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lol
blooood of ebuka..ride on
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Niwdog(m): 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
The area you are lacking is that you are too slow in updating
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
KingzPen: Ride On Boss... Enjoy the story...

Keep The Flag Flying...

Following...
I think that this is a plot. In nairaland it's really difficult dictating who the boss is, even the bosses call others " the boss "
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Franasoan: Lol
blooood of ebuka..ride on
thank you so much.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Niwdog: The area you are lacking is that you are too slow in updating
thanks, i will try my best.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by jummy604: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Following!ds james nd peter r really crazy
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Niwdog(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
ESIXLOVE: thanks, i will try my best.
you are welcome.#following with my feeding bottle
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by jaymomma(f): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thieves
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
jummy604: Following!ds james nd peter r really crazy
Madness join their craze. Welcome ma.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Niwdog: you are welcome.#following with my feeding bottle
are you a baby?
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
jaymomma: Thieves
I think we need to call the police.

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
jaymomma: Thieves
I think we need to call the police. Welcome ma.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
STORY SO FAR......

The heart is like an elastic that can be stretched. The thing is that when a heart is stretched by an idea, it will never return to its original position.
Since the idea of robbing the CHURCH got into the heart of James, His life had not returned to normal.
He sat on their 12inches mattrass in arm akimbo, he was drawn in his own thoughts that he did not notice when Peter walked into the room. It was not until Peter coughed to get his attention that he realised that someone was in the room.

They lived in a batcher house ( a house made with wood ). The environment was not a conducive one to dwell in. The compound was just like a final bus stop for refuse. When the rain is heavy, the flood will carry materials of all texture and deposit it in the compound.
Little wonder the place stinks like hell.
Their room was a bit small and almost empty save for the mattrass, a little stove by the corner of the room, some plates scattered on the floor, a little transistor radio, the type that Abraham lincoln use when he was yet to see the light of whitehouse and Ofcos two 'Ghana must go ' bags.

James looked up from his sitting position to behold his friend's worried face. He knew that there must be some bad news that was troubling his friend.
" how did it go! " he asked. Earlier on, Peter had received a call from an anonymous caller requesting to see him immediately.
" there's a serious problem o! " peter replied. " when i got to the place that the man that called me directed. He said that he is a DOCTOR and that a woman at the Hospital gave Him my number and that the woman had been the for about Three days now. I requested to see the woman. When we got to the hospital, i saw my mom lying on the hospital bed, she had become a shadow of herself, the DOCTOR says that she had kidney stone and that i need to bring 250,000 naira for them to commence treatment. Guy i'm so dead! " Peter bursted into fresh tears aside from the one that was shed at the hospital.
" take it easy man. Put yourself together. " James comforted his friend with a path on his back. " i also have some sad news too! " he added with a drop in his countenance.
" what is kind of sad news! " peter wiped his eyes with the back of his palms.
" my father just pass on! " James said calmly. He was tired of weeping and worrying, since his friend went out and that call came in, he had done nothing short of weeping and worrying.
" i'm so sorry about that. "

" it's ok, it's not your fault that the old man decided to pass on at this time when things are so dry. " James said. " the only thing that is left now is for the living to take up responsibility. " he added.
" So what do you intend doing now? " Peter asked. " i'm thinking of robbing that church with a toy gun. " James replied.
" are you out of your mind!, do you know what you're saying! " Peter screamed.
" do you want your mother to die like my father did! " James replied " no o, God forbid! " Peter shrugged.
" then you need to use to your head! " James started. " but it's not proper to steal from God. " Peter countered.

" So it is good for men of God to drive in big cars and live in big houses while their members live in thatched houses and swim in poverty. Is it good for the ushers to enrich themselves with church fund?. My friend open your eyes and see things clearly. That fund was for people like us but this people won't just let it come to us. " James concluded.
" hmm, but how do you want to carry out your mission of stealing God's money " Peter exhaled. " stop calling it God's money. For all i know, God is in heaven and they don't use naira and dollar in heaven. " James cut in.
" ok. so how do you intend carrying out this mission without getting caught? " Peter asked.
" we will go to that church at night today, because by tomorrow they might take the money to the bank. I saw that man carrying all those money into one room at the back of the church, i guess that is where the money is being kept before being transferred to the bank. " james released his well packaged plans.

" how about the security men? " Peter asked, he was becoming interested in the whole deal.
" i know where we will use to get in unnoticed. Trust me on that. " James smiled.

" oboy you na baddo!, you don draft out everything " Peter haled

" that's why they call me James bond! " James boasted. " so are you in? " he asked. " why not!, abi you want my mother to die " Peter replied.

" we move in by 9pm tonight. " James said with a wide grin.

TBC.....

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Ikefuna(f): 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Like seriously, d pastors re riding good cars nd living in luxiourious homes whil d suppliers wallow in abject poverty. Thought provoking
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by onismate: 3:08am On Oct 03, 2014
ESIXLOVE: thanks, i will try my best.
Hmmmm.. nice Job baba am feeling this.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Ikefuna: Like seriously, d pastors re riding good cars nd living in luxiourious homes whil d suppliers wallow in abject poverty. Thought provoking
hahaha. It's good to be a worshipper. Just worship God in spirit and in truth and your own blessings will come. Stop looking at the pastors.

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2014
onismate: Hmmmm.. nice Job baba am feeling this.
thanks. So much love from me.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2014
ESIXLOVE: hahaha. It's good to be a worshipper. Just worship God in spirit and in truth and your own blessings will come. Stop looking at the pastors.
Exactly. We should rather look unto Him that called us into His fold.

Well done, bro.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Donfamous(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ur stories never disappoints
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Exactly. We should rather look unto Him that called us into His fold.

Well done, bro.
thanks my prince.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / It Started With A Kiss. . . / J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.