Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

== A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) (20740 Views)

A Thief In The Church - Part 1 18+ Story / The Man In The Church And Other Stories / Anyigba Thief - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Donfamous: Ur stories never disappoints
i'm honoured sir.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
STORY SO FAR......

The time was fast approaching for the operation to take place.
The two friends were getting ready for their mission that was tag as " mission Impossible 4 " by James after drafting out the mental map of the church.

" the time is now 8:30pm, we need to get ready to avoid any unnecessary waste of time " James looked at the wristwatch he was putting on for the hundredth time since dusk.

" I'm coming!, let me put the tools that we need for the mission inside the bag. " Peter replied. He was carrying a black school bag which contained a pair of scissors, a hammer, a knife, a rope, two rechargeable touchlight, a saw blade and other items.
They were Putting on a black coat and black timberland to match.
James gave Peter one of the toy gun that he was holding.

" guy!, i dey fear for this operation! " Peter voiced his fears. " i don tell you before sey this operation must to dey successful, even the angels dey our side for this matter. No forget say ' heaven dey help people wey don decide to take step. " James patted his friend on the back. " what if them come discover sey this gun na toy gun, na im be say our own don finish be that. " Peter scratched his head in confusion.
" guy!, you be fear fear man, na you wan tell them say na toy gun? " Peter shook his head in the negative. " then them no go fit know say this gun na toy gun. Make we dey go jor! " James walked out of the house closely followed by Peter.

In no time they were at the point where they first saw the sign post of the Church. " no worry after today them go change your name to 'SANCTUARY of Confusion' " James smiled after looking at the sign post which stood as a gallant soldier.

" wetin you talk? " Peter asked looking around to see if anybody was watching. " i no talk anything, i only dey tell the sign post say them go soon change im name to SANCTUARY OF CONFUSION. " James replied with a wide grin.
They took the same route that they used in the morning but this time they were not looking at the pointer since James has the map in his head.
They arrived at the gate of the Church and discovered that the lightings were on. Peter wanted to make a comment but James quickly covered his mouth with his palm.
" from now onward we will use the code of communication that we learnt in the afternoon. No more talking do you understand! " James whispered into his ears, Peter gave a nod to signify that he understood. James allowed an interval of a minute to go by before carefully removing his palm from Peter's mouth. Peter shot him a wicked look.
We will have to go through this gutter, i guess that it will lead us to an opening in the fence, we can use there to enter the church compound.

" But... " Peter was pulled into the gutter before he could complete his statement. They crawled inside the gutter towards the back of the church. They discovered that there there was an opening in the fence of the church that allows water to empty into the gutter when the flood is much, the only problem was that the circular opening was covered by iron rod that was constructed in a table mat form.

" give me the saw blade " James whispered to Peter. Peter gave him the saw blade and watched him saw the iron one after the other. When he was tired of sawing the iron, he handed over the saw to Peter to continue from where he stopped.
Finally they succeeded in sawing all the Iron and crawled quietly into the church compound.
" that work being H... " James covered Peter's mouth before he would complete the statement. " you want to spoil this Mission for me! " James whispered to Him.

" Who is there!!! " Someone called out and flashed a touch in their direction.

TBC......

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Niwdog(m): 6:55am On Oct 04, 2014
TOUCH OF GOD
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Donfamous(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2014
Yeeeh! Make Dem no catch Dem o,
Pray against every spirit of catchment
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Niwdog: TOUCH OF GOD
did i hear you say " touch of God "
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:21am On Oct 04, 2014
Donfamous: Yeeeh! Make Dem no catch Dem o,
Pray against every spirit of catchment
** in shock ** so you are with them.

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Donfamous(m): 11:01am On Oct 04, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
** in shock ** so you are with them.
yes o.
I must collect my own share

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Niwdog(m): 11:35am On Oct 04, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
did i hear you say " touch of God "
if not touch of God,then whose own is it?

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
Öga Kingzpen i dey see you ö,
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by KingzPen(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
Öga Kingzpen i dey see you ö,
Carry On Boss... Can't help but learn from your table...
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by rapmike(m): 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
that work being H... " James covered his mouth before he would complete the statement. " you want to spoil this Mission for me! " James whispered to Him.

This part is confusing. Isn't James the one talking? If he is, how can he be rebuking himself?
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
rapmike:
that work being H... " James covered his mouth before he would complete the statement. " you want to spoil this Mission for me! " James whispered to Him.

This part is confusing. Isn't James the one talking? If he is, how can he be rebuking himself?
Peter is the talkative, between the two.

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Jeanfortune(f): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
rapmike:

hurm!.. rapmike, read that again, Peter said, 'that work being H', quickly James covers his mouth and whispers to him, 'u wan spoil this mission for me', is that clear now?

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
guys i'm so sorry for not updating today. I had a very hectic day, infact i'm just about entering our house since morning that i left for work.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
STORY SO FAR........

" I say, who is there!!! " the voice asked again. The security was on patrol when He heard some voices at the back of the church and decided to check it out. He walked closer to the place that the voice was coming from.
The security man flashed his touchlight and inspected the area. When He was sure that there was no one in the surrounding, He turned to go back to his duty post. He had not up to five steps when he felt something cold pointed at the back of the head. He halt in his track like someone on a military parade ground.
" don't think of moving or screaming, because if you do, you will be as good as dead! " James warned him in a whisper.

When the voice called out from behind them, James and Peter quickly hid themselves behind the M saleh sound proof Generator that was on at that time of the night. Peter almost gave away their position if not that James was covering his mouth. It was when the security man backed them ignorantly that James seize the opportunity to hijack the security man.

James pointed the gun at the security man while Peter brought out a rope from the black bag that he was hanging and tied the man up. After tying the man up, James inspected the rope to see if it there was any chance of the man loosening the rope. They took the bunch of keys that was in the trouser pocket of the security man and locked him up in one of the rooms after taping his mouth.
Then the search for the CHURCH safe began. Now in possession of the bunch of keys, they began to visit the rooms in the church one after the other. They got to the strong room of the church and used the key to open it and located the safe.

Meanwhile the Church's LCC ( local Church council ) were holding a meeting the pastor's office located up on the first floor of the church building.
" Deacon Emeka Please bring the church register and the administration booklet for review. " Pastor Timothy said.
The ministers in the church were present in the meeting. The church administrators always meet every first sunday of the month to preview the register, account book and administration booklet to check the growth of the church for that month.

" the administration booklet states that we had 102 visitors for last month, but our attendance has still not increased. ' Deacon Wale what can you say about that? " the pastor asked the head of evangelism and follow up department.

" Sir the major challenge is that the phone numbers that is being written on the forms that we issue out are sometimes not correct, likewise the addresses sir. So it is almost impossible to follow up such a fellow. " Deacon Wale said.

" that's not an excuse Deacon Wale, you people should put more effort. " the pastor replied.

TBC......
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
KingzPen:

Carry On Boss... Can't help but learn from your table...
No Sir!!!, you are the boss.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Olubodef(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2014
Nice story,,,, fiting and ready 2 remove teeth coz of seat
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by jonazter(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
waoo nice one, I neva knew somtin lik dis was hapenin here, was rader waitin patiently for more updates on ' how ar de mighty fallen'. well done my boss, more ink to ur pen.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
STORY SO FAR.........

" we will try our best sir. " decons Wale said calmly.
After checking the register for the attendance of workers in the church, Pastor Timothy exhaled and relaxed back on his seat. He looked from one person in the room to another. Everyone braced themselves for the next question. It was a known fact that whenever Pastor Timothy seats that way, a technical question will be given birth to.

" Pastor Eze the attendance book for workers in the church states that ' 20 workers have been consistently absent for last month, and you didn't bring that to my notice. " Pastor Timothy stared at his assistant pastor for reply.

" sir, we have called the absentees and discovered that some of them don't have tangible reasons for their absence. " Pastor Eze replied absent-minded.

" That's not what i asked. I said, why didn't you bring it to my knowledge that such a thing had taken place. " Pastor Timothy replied calmly, but his assistant knew too well than to take his calmness for granted.
" i'm sorry sir, i thought that i could handle the situation. That was why i didn't inform you earlier. " Pastor Eze pled.
Pastor Timothy bowed his head for some time before looking up at his assistant. " how many of them obtained adequate permission before leaving " He asked.
" four of them sir. " Pastor Eze replied looking into his own register.
" what!, you mean that only four persons took permission to be away for some time!. "

" yes Sir! " Pastor Eze replied.

" give me the names of those sixteen workers that did not take permission from you, they have to be disciplined " Pastor Timothy concluded before picking the financial record. After looking at it for a while, he ordered Deacon Emeka to go and bring the money from the safe.

Meanwhile James and Peter were battling with the safe. They've tried all the keys in the bunch but non was able to open the safe. Peter dropped the school bag that he was carrying and began bringing out the items one after the other.
" let's use the hammer to break the safe. " Peter suggested. " are you out of your mind?, don't you that there might be other security men in this building. Immediately they hear the sound of something being hammered, they will like to come and check it out. It is not as if we are carrying real guns. " James said in a whisper.
" so what are we going to do now? " Peter asked. " we will have to carry the safe along with us. " James replied.
" I really think that you are seriously out of your mind. This thing that is as big and heavy as a rock, is what you are dreaming of carrying. " Peter cautioned.

" i think that we have to make use of our jack knife and lighter to burn and dismantle this safe. That will reduce the noise. " Peter added.
" Yea!, I think you have a point there! " James replied scratching his head with his left hand.
The picked the Lighter and Jack knife and was about starting the process when Deacon Emeka Opened the door.

TBC...........

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olubodef:
Nice story,,,, fiting and ready 2 remove teeth coz of seat
welcome. Please don't remove someone's teeth, there is a special seat for you here.
jonazter: waoo nice one, I neva knew somtin
lik dis was hapenin here, was rader
waitin patiently for more updates on '
how ar de mighty fallen'. well done
my boss, more ink to ur pen.
oh!!!, i'm so sorry for not informing you. Please make yourself comfortable.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by princesssusan(f): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ghen! Ghen!! Ghen!!!
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Cashio(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
guy u try wella....update small nah
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
STORY SO FAR.......

Deacon Emeka opened the door and met two strangers in the strong room. The CHURCH administration does not allow even Deacons that don't have anything to do with recording or keeping financial obligations not to talk of strangers invading the strong room. He was about to scream when Peter and James out of fright pointed their guns at him and commanded him to keep shut.
They dragged him into the room and commanded him to kneel down and raise up his hands.
" where is the key to the safe? " Peter asked Him in a low tone. The man refused to answer the question that was thrown at him.
" If you don't cooperate with us, you will have yourself to blame. But if you give us your full cooperate then we will leave you with a smiling face. " James added.
Deacon Emeka being an Ibo man was seriously planning on how best to negotiate with them. It took Deacon Emeka some time to register that he did not actually collect the key from the Pastor.
" Brother abeg i no collect the key from my Pastor. " Deacon Emeka confessed.
" na wetin you talk? " They replied in unison.
" na my pastor dey hold the key to the safe. Them dey for meeting now up stairs. Na im tell me to come collect the money come the meeting place but i forget to collect the key from am. " Deacon Emeka replied shaking. Droplets of sweats were forming all over his body.

" how many people are in this building right now? " they asked him quietly.
" i don't really know. The choir is having their practice in the church auditorium right now. " James and Peter exchanged a glance at each other. " we are in for a stronger work than we expected. " Peter whispered to James.
" mr Man take us to the conference room where the pastors and Deacons are having their meeting right now. " they commanded Deacons Emeka.

The Pastor and his ministerial cabinets had waited for Deacon Emeka to return from the strong room for more than twenty minutes without any sign of him or the money. They were contemplating on sending another person to go and check what was happening when the door swung open and Deacon Emeka and two gun men graced them with their presence.

They pointed the gun at the Pastor and his assistant before issuing out some instructions.
" Everybody bring out your phones, switch it off and place it on the table. Don't let any phone to remain with you, else you will have yourself to blame for disobedience. " they instructed.
All the people in the hall including the pastor and his assistant switched off their phones and place it on the table.
Peter went from seat to seat collecting their phones and putting it into the school bad that was with him. After collecting and searching them to make sure that there was no ELECTRONICS on them they gave another instruction.

" Pastor you will have to accompany me to the strong room while the rest of the ministers will remain here with my guy. No stories, just full co-operation is what we need now. So stand to your feet Pastor! " James commanded.
Together they went to the strong room and returned after a while to declare that the safe was empty, which means that someone had stolen the money.

TBC.....

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2014
princesssusan:
Ghen! Ghen!! Ghen!!!
me self dey fear. Thanks for stopping by.
Cashio: guy u try wella....update small nah
i don update small.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Jeanfortune(f): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2014
mieenn, i like James' morale
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by princesssusan(f): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2014
Chai!!!! Dey came after d service person pass dem wey sharp av outsmart dem
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2014
Jeanfortune:
mieenn, i like James' morale
no be small!!!.
princesssusan: Chai!!!! Dey came after d service
person pass dem wey sharp av
outsmart dem
sharp guys full everywhere.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by jonazter(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2014
[quote
author=ESIXLOVE post=26982243] i'm so sorry for not
informing you. Please make yourself comfortable.[/quote] no qualms my boss, am vry comfortable wer am sittin
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by codedbaby(f): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2014
hehehehehehe who stole the money from the safe? Esixlove provide the answer now
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by SMALLPENIS(f): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2014
ghenghen grin
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by onismate: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
i'm honoured sir.
great work. Can u frio your email address, would love to get intouch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / It Started With A Kiss. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.