Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives (27713 Views)

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Crocz(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2014
neoapocalypse:

I was trying out an experiment , just testing your patience. You claimed to be level headed and not quick to anger, you also claimed you'd walk away and not respond in face of confrontation , from your response to my post do you think you're have those qualities you claim to have ?. Sorry for my language

Trust me...I just clarity from your comment, my temper can never rise cos of petty insult
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Crocz:

Trust me...I just clarity from your comment, my temper can never rise cos of petty insult

Yes this was petty but can you handle real insults from a woman who is out to infuriate you ? Trust me it is easier done than said.

1 Like

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by fyneboi79(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2014

spyg1: Some women are like cows, they can understand only one language which is beating.

Though i cant beat them.
We hear ‎u. All d Koboko wey una dey flog them for night come be wetin? shocked
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by lastpage: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels: I am proud of my dad...that real g (rip to his soul) didn't beat my mum...He's a real man

there's a big difference between fear and respect...u can't punch out respect from your wife only fear

the story making rounds in almost every blog site is how teebillz have turned his wife tiwa savage into a punching bag...brother if that's true...I repeat if* that's true.... then you are not a real man

Do "Real Women" BEAT or PROVOKE their Husbands?

Actually, you should be thanking your Mother for being a "real woman" because she NEVER PROVOKED OR BEAT YOUR DAD! wink wink undecided

dandydaniels: women are lesser beings(fact)....why waste your strength and time beating them? bro c'mon! they are made to be loved...to be bought clothes...jewelries...cars...taken to cool places...pampered...and at night made to sing in tongues to their creator

How old are you sef? Ask women if "they agree to being called LESSER BEINGS"! shocked shocked
While l agree with you that VIOLENCE should be avoided by both Husband and wife..... to now think it is being perpetuated by ONLY A MAN and attach that to "MANHOOD" is sooo NAIVE!

If you want to be seen as a "lady's man", try find other ways to do that instead of castigating men in a general sense.

My prayer for you is not to marry a "quarrelsome woman" as wife ... then you'll know what the Bible said about it "being better to live on the ROOFTOP...than live under the same roof with a quarrelsome woman"! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Arsenate(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2014
&^^^yeah, quarelsome women like the ones that litter the family section.

1 Like

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Crocz(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Yes this was petty but can you handle real insults from a woman who is out to infuriate you ? Trust me it is easier done than said.

Like I've never done it before
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dablazor: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Tymax:
You have given a response that is politically correct. I am not violent. I have my own way of dealing with such situations but that doesn't make me more of a real man than those who hit women.

I have met women who can provoke even the dead to anger. Some women are just stubborn and spiteful. I have seen reasonable, successful men hit their wives repeatedly; men who until they got married have been peaceable- men, whose family members could attest for their slow temper and abundant patience. When it happened, everyone was surprised.

It appears you have never met a woman who can batter your shield of patience and composure. Be grateful for that. If you are not yet married, I sincerely pray you do not marry a woman who would stoke the flames of your rage incessantly.

It takes a sensible woman to recognize her sharp tongue or stubbornness and avoid provoking her short-tempered man. It is even wiser if she'd rather marry a man who is prodigiously patient.

Every human has a threshold for violent REACTION.
I think u r right too, every man has a boiling point.. i tell u what, when i get angry some times, i'd resort into violence, if a guy got me flared up, taunting my ass out, i'd beat that guy up i'd turn that brother into a side drum, yeah i have the size and the muscle, and its a fair fight, buh when its a lady, i might threaten to hit her, but i cant, i feel if i even raise my hands, she would break in half.
I have dated girls that even my friends are like if she were my gf i would have bn arrested for beating the shit out of her, buh there are ways i show her that am the man, she end up respecting my stance and apologizing "for her behaviour earlier"
well am not saying women shouldnt watch their tongues, what am saying is, if they dont, there are thousand and one other ways u can punish ur wife without hitting her.
Have even ended some of of my past rships based on the fact that i feel she is frustrating my life by annoying me, if u feel u cant handle are annoying tantrums, do not date her, its better that way.
Am not trying to sound all too good to be true, or some holier than thou prank, u shouldnt hit ur woman even women in general, and if u feel u would resort into violence, get a caution ok, get a counsel, maybe a therapist or something, u can always use violence buh not to that lady, she doesnt deserve to be beatn, the bible says "do not spare the rod" it was never directed at our wives or gfs, it was directed at our kids.
One last thing, if any guy could hit a lady out of bn on some breaking point bs, he is a wuss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dablazor: 11:19am On Sep 29, 2014
Tunagee:

shut up your mouth!! all ladies deserves to beaten. they just some stupid bunch of idiots
its quite pathetic u think u just gift2gab... thats a deplorable stance.
am not trying to insult u or anything, am just here asking u a direct question, do not insult me.. here is it: do u grow up seeing ur dad beat ur mum up, like always?
NO INSULT pls.

2 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dablazor: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Wow, the state and stance of our society on this subject is altogether pathetic, its wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by pro2010: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

Once you realize that nairaland is dominated by a certain quality of men, you will no longer be disappointed. Just unfollow the thread.

Hei i sent you a PM, waiting to hear from you. cheers
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by MightySparrow: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels: I am proud of my dad...that real g (rip to his soul) didn't beat my mum...He's a real man

there's a big difference between fear and respect...u can't punch out respect from your wife only fear

the story making rounds in almost every blog site is how teebillz have turned his wife tiwa savage into a punching bag...brother if that's true...I repeat if* that's true.... then you are not a real man

women are lesser beings(fact)....why waste your strength and time beating them? bro c'mon! they are made to be loved...to be bought clothes...jewelries...cars...taken to cool places...pampered...and at night made to sing in tongues to their creator

for the real men out there...let's control our tempers and treat every woman...not just our wives with respect. when it comes to women affairs,my dad is my role model. " never beat a woman son"

STOP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

You'd rather praised your mother for being a virtuous woman. He manages your father well. Many women out there for the sake of the society's frown on women beating misbehave and be the ones to slap their husbands first or want to dominate using force not femininity given to them by God. Many have ruined their God's ordained marriages by their misbehaviour.

Most notorious among these are so to say penterascal women who think their husbands are trapped by doctrine. Do not fuss yet, I know what I am talking about by my work.

That Is not to say there no beastly men who should be living in zoos. They cannot just manage their women. They take pleasure in making their women unhappy and living in bandage.

2 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by kingzjay(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Ogojohn: And what will you say of women that beats their husband. Are they not real women. The bottom line is that some women are not just wife material. Give them the best gentleman. They will make him a tiger in one week. Sometimes they needs real beating.

You're right! That's why I didn't even bother to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dinachi(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2014
Real men do not write the kind of trash just written by the Op. Real men will not beat their wives but if the wife attempts to beat them because of the trash written by Op, a real man will not let men down,he will beat her thoroughly. I am sick and tired of as5 wipes like Op writting trash because a woman somewhere gave them head! Real men hold their own in their relationship. As5 wipes like Op should continue licking women as5es but he shouldnt come here to spin trash.

3 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Babygal4eva(f): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
cbrass:

VI road..ahaha lai lai, let's go interstate driving then we will know, maybe the op should have used a better word like "weaker sex" than the "lesser being thing" a man is always a man any day anytime. You can't equal him in anyway so we too can't equal you guys when it comes to caring and emotional matters. Sometimes I wonder how women gets so excited about their babies, how dey cry at the slightest opportunity. The thing still baffles me

Lol tell me when and where and I'll race u, hope u won't mind losing to a lady wink.

Yh we are weaker I admit that(although I will love to see a guy give birth and still have the mouth to say that) but not less shikena
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
dandydaniels: Women are lesser beings(fact)....

LoOllllLz.....tell yu what? Alotaf women do not see emselves as being lesser... And again, alotaf them are sharp-mouthed... Tiwa seems likely! And she's sturborn as well.. Am not the wife beatin typaf guy and am not the hot-tempered kindaf guy and I've got ways of controlling my emotions and temper! But believe me, they are women out there that beating them is the only option to keep them focused!
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Babygal4eva(f): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
So I slept and woke up and went back to campus in Lagos traffic and this thread is still running hot lol
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by larryUG(m): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
andromida: Yes real men don't beat their wives but women are not lesser beings.
I am not speaking for him, buh i think he meant to say 'softer', more fragile', than men not really 'lesser'. thats wat i think he meant tho
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by QMark: 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Sane men don't beat their wives.

2 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Tallesty1: What shame? If anybody that speaks the truth is a woman beater then you have a problem and should deal with it. I have not raised hand on a woman but I know it is absurd to say that hitting a woman no matter what is wrong. A woman that attacks like a man has no right to claim victimThat absurd self righteousness that I hate. Women reach a breaking point and struck but men are gods and do not have breaking point right? Wait! You said in most cases right? So what happened to the other cases?
Strong willed woman? What has that to do with violence? Listen, Men are not invulnerable. We die when we are shot, stabbed, or hit over the head with blunt objects. If a woman is flailing at me with a knife, a club, or iron bar or in any way trying to rob me of my functionality of life, I will automatically forget that she has tits, If my life is threatened, she is going down. That's all. I can't fold hands and watch her kill me. If it is about control then women should learn self control like I said earlier. Its never right for anyone to hit anybody. That is my point. But women want to hit, and not get hit back. Nonsense! Violence is wrong. Why are we so divided? Men are human as well, Everyone on this planet is not a gender but a soul, a Consciousness That Experiences Reality. An adult woman should be held responsible for her actions and words.Why are you so quick to tell what a real man should and should not do? Yet, you never talk about what a real woman should and should not do. When a woman attacks a man physically first, she has no right to become a victim.

If a woman turn words to actions, she is escalating a scenario. She is responsible for that. And if the man hits back in equal measure, no more or less, she've earned that consequence.

Life's a beautiful thing and thunder should fire the woman that would step on my own.

Wow quite a lot to digest. What im getting at is that you are saying its fine for a man to beat his wife in self defence right? If my assumption is true then you are absolutely right...no one (woman or man) is allowed to take anothers life. So if a woman beats you well it makes sense to defend yourself but the beating of women for the sake of control and power is uncalled for. A woman who beats her husband is not a victim and im sorry to say Iv never heard or such a rare case so only in this instance do i agree with you.

You said i keep talkin of real men and not women. Well I know of many real women. I believe when you trully love and respect a man you will treat him like your father. You will select your words wisely so not to disrespect him when putting your point accross. I know i might be contradicting myself here because I am a subservient to my father but i feel a woman can be just as respectful to her husband without being a doormat. Respect does not mean fear. A man that i respect like my father should show me the same respect as his wife like he did his mother, No man would ever lay a hand on his mother. These are the basic principles of a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by spyg1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
fyneboi79:
We hear ‎u. All d Koboko wey una dey flog them for night come be wetin? shocked
lol
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

Once you realize that nairaland is dominated by a certain quality of men, you will no longer be disappointed. Just unfollow the thread.

Im starting to see it, the thing that worries me is that NL only represents a sample of the whole population...they are saying what most men out there are thinking. So in this day and age it just shocks me that African men still think like that. I dont want to isolate it to Nigeria only.

Lol but its such a good topic...I cant just unfollow it when theres still a good debate ahead.
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
This is one of the vows i have made. I can never beat my future wife. Instead the only thing i will do is never to eat her food. She'll eat her food all alone. This is the best way to deal with a woman and she'll beg you for the wrong she's done and also beg you to eat the food she cooked for you:-)
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Osode: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Tymax: Real women don't provoke their husbands to anger.

A sensible woman doesn't seek to be the object of her husband's rage.

A cantankerous woman should have the presence of mind not to marry a quick-tempered man.
I am impressed that the younger men of the new generation are also becoming 'liberated' men like the women. And are equaly begining to demand certain things that my generation would or have foolishly conceaded/overlooked to our women as 'Rights' in the newly emerging relationship with their own women.
On the topic, I Propose that if women want laws that criminalise hitting them under any circumstance then men should demand (AND ENFORCE) laws that criminalise 'verbal and emotional' abuse (that women of all generations 'Indulge' in ...including my beloved mother), That men, of all generations have always had to bear, concead to, and contend with.
In this new Dynamic; all a carefull young man has to do is 'Record' the offending woman (by some means) indulging in their favourite 'past time' and get it to law enforcement and she would get six months in prison (or what ever penalty a man would get the said Bill). I can almost hear all the men on NL laughing, ... Because Instead of the men, (as it would be now), It is most women that would hardly spend six months in a year out of Prison. I so trust the Man; If he needs to, he can be 'Deadly Cool' and calculating (because its Part of his Assignment on earth) ...Its his natural 'design'.
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dablazor: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kinkybraids:

Im starting to see it, the thing that worries me is that NL only represents a sample of the whole population...they are saying what most men out there are thinking. So in this day and age it just shocks me that African men still think like that. I dont want to isolate it to Nigeria only.

Lol but its such a good topic...I cant just unfollow it when theres still a good debate ahead.
hmm
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Tallesty1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kinkybraids:

Wow quite a lot to digest. What im getting at is that you are saying its fine for a man to beat his wife in self defence right? If my assumption is true then you are absolutely right...no one (woman or man) is allowed to take anothers life. So if a woman beats you well it makes sense to defend yourself but the beating of women for the sake of control and power is uncalled for. A woman who beats her husband is not a victim and im sorry to say Iv never heard or such a rare case so only in this instance do i agree with you.

You said i keep talkin of real men and not women. Well I know of many real women. I believe when you trully love and respect a man you will treat him like your father. You will select your words wisely so not to disrespect him when putting your point accross. I know i might be contradicting myself here because I am a subservient to my father but i feel a woman can be just as respectful to her husband without being a doormat. Respect does not mean fear. A man that i respect like my father should show me the same respect as his wife like he did his mother, No man would ever lay a hand on his mother. These are the basic principles of a relationship.
Alas we are reasoning together.

I have come to the realisation that we both speak based on what we have seen/experienced. That's good............

You believe it is almost impossible for a woman to abuse a man physically, well it happens and I witnessed one not long ago.

I think I created a thread for it.

It is only a fool that will abuse a respectful and submissive woman and such men does not deserve to live.

But now that a "sect" has started instilling in women the mentality that submission equals slavery then how can our marriages last? How can women be submissive and respectful?

Nobody should hit anybody, and if you hit first then you have lost the right to complain. That is what primary school taught me.

1 Like

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dablazor: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Osode:
I am impressed that the younger men of the new generation are also becoming 'liberated' men like the women, and are equaly begining to demand certain things that my generation would foolishly conceaded/overlooked to our women as 'Rights' in the newly emerging relationship with their women.
On the topic, I Propose that if women want laws that criminalise hitting them under any circumstance then men should demand (AND ENFORCE) laws that criminalise verbal and emotional abuse (that women of all generations 'Indulge' in ...including my beloved mother) that men of all generations have always had to concead to and contend with.
In the new dynamic; all a carefull young man has to do is 'Record' the offending woman (by some means) indulging in their favourite 'past time' and get it to law enforcement and she would get six months in prison (or what ever penalty a man would get the said Bill). ...I can almost hear all the men on NL laughing... Because Instead of the men as it would be now, most women would hardly spend six months in a year out of Prison. I so trust the Man; If he needs to, he can be as 'Deadly Cool' and calculating (because its Part of his Assignment on earth) ...Its his natural 'design'.
ehm.. buh u do feel its ok to hit women? i mean u think its justifiable?
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Osode: 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
dablazor:
ehm.. buh u do feel its ok to hit women? i mean u think its justifiable?
Young man, you still dont get it do you? I want your generation to correct the 'mistakes' my generation of men seem to have made. I want you to have the same 'natural' sense of Outrage and disgust that you feel if you see a women physicaly abused by a Man, for a Woman who elects of herself to verbaly or emotionaly abuse any man. We are africans. We know the care our grandmothers took to drill the Two Different sets of instructions into their Male and Female children. But it appears that now it is only the man that society and the law now require to maintain that Respectful Reserve.

PS.
When last did u hear a mother beating her little daughter, saying 'dont talk to ur brother like that, dont u know he is stronger than you'
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
50calibre:
Maybe that's the way to go these days, at least everyone gets their freedom.

You're going to have to work double hard to get Iranian chic, they're so conservative & desexualised, good luck breaking them. grin

She's probably going to be disowned by her family for dating a non-Muslim

I guess that's why a lot of successful guys (made guys) don't get married anymore, except the woman understands how to be a proper wife. Or perhaps sign an agreement that's somewhat like a prenup before marriage that the woman must perform certain wifely duties before marriage, and if she ever deviates from them, you've a right to throw her ar.se out of the house. grin

As for Iranian chics: all you need is a kufi, and be ready to say, "allahu akbar" and she's all yours. Even the Ayatollah and her family can't say NO to that. cool
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kinkybraids:

It used to really worry me as well. Not just on this issue, but on every issue. But nairaland isn't a true sample of the Nigerian population, but of a CERTAIN Nigerian population. If you think about it, there are certain indicators that determine who would use Nairaland, and who would use it regularly. My only consolation is the that every Nigerian does not fit that demographic. As for the number of Nigerians that do, I just hope it's not a majority.

You're an optimist lol. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
This topic reminds me of NFL players abusing their wives by beating them. Ray did that on the elevator and was refused any suspension by the boss. Can you imagine such thing is taking place in the most civilized country on the planet?! Well, I am still waiting to see what the United States of America government would do about that.

1 Like

Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by Odyssseys: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
dablazor: Wow, the state and stance of our society on this subject is altogether pathetic, its wrong.
i think u r right, but some women can be really annoying, u wont even know when u make a punch.
Re: Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives by dablazor: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Odyssseys:
i think u r right, but some women can be really annoying, u wont even know when u make a punch.

Just be a man for pete's sake, if you feel u cant take it anymore, leave.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having 2 Wives? / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.