Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,491 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (20850 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2008
eby4k4:

i have finished the ofloxacin and malaria treatment but i still have headache, please advise me on what next to do.
Go to the doctor and ask for another blood test to be carried.This is to confirm if u stl hv d parasite in ur blood, or if its another illness.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2008
maedan:

Hello Koksy, nice thread you have going here. Please, I need to know what to take for aching and painful ankles. For some time I've been having a swollen left ankle that aches like mad in the morning. Some people say it's the cold. please what do you suggest, I need to get my life back fast. Me that used to walk miles for exercise, I can hardly walk after 6pm. I've used heat rubs, taken painkillers and used foot bandages. please help!!!
Have u tried cataflam? If not,go to a pharmacy and ask for that.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by ajilete(f): 12:47am On Dec 26, 2008
hi,
i wonder if you can help me. Do you know any pharmacy where can i get Retin A GEL, not cream, to buy in Lagos? Any ideas? Thanks
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 3:59am On Dec 26, 2008
@Kosky

I congratulate you on the true desire to help people on this forum. However, we should all remember that the first rule of the Hippocratic oath is "Do no harm" If we practice medicine like the village chemists(who has medicines for every illness) we have all over Nigeria, we inevitably do harm to our patients on the long run.

I am just concerned about some of the advice you're giving to people on this forum. I don't mean any harm or disrespect, but I have seen 2 or 3 Ob/Gyne questions answered in such a way as might jeopardize patients, questions about anal fissures/breast sizes are purely surgical questions, even the question about weight gain for the Christmas when the patient is 51kg already. You recommended fatty food for this patient without knowing her height, or basic metabolic index--this patient may actually have an ideal body weight or she might have benefitted from some psychiatric/psychological counselling about her weight, yet you seemed to advice her to "load up" as a way of gaining weight. I don't need to tell you the dangers of gaining excessive weight at any time at all----christmas or not!

While I'm critical of your responses on purely clinical issues, you did an excellent job on propriatery identification and sourcing of many of the medications requested on this forum. However, you must not prescribe medications in isolation of physical examination and good history taking, otherwise you might end up doing harm.

3 Likes

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2008
naijaking1:

@Kosky

I congratulate you on the true desire to help people on this forum. However, we should all remember that the first rule of the Hippocratic oath is "Do no harm" If we practice medicine like the village chemists(who has medicines for every illness) we have all over Nigeria, we inevitably do harm to our patients on the long run.

I am just concerned about some of the advice you're giving to people on this forum. I don't mean any harm or disrespect, but I have seen 2 or 3 Ob/Gyne questions answered in such a way as might jeopardize patients, questions about anal fissures/breast sizes are purely surgical questions, even the question about weight gain for the Christmas when the patient is 51kg already. You recommended fatty food for this patient without knowing her height, or basic metabolic index--this patient may actually have an ideal body weight or she might have benefitted from some psychiatric/psychological counselling about her weight, yet you seemed to advice her to "load up" as a way of gaining weight. I don't need to tell you the dangers of gaining excessive weight at any time at all----christmas or not!

While I'm critical of your responses on purely clinical issues, you did an excellent job on propriatery identification and sourcing of many of the medications requested on this forum. However, you must not prescribe medications in isolation of physical examination and good history taking, otherwise you might end up doing harm.
OK NAIJAKING TAKE OVA THN!!!
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:22am On Dec 31, 2008
koksy:

OK NAIJAKING TAKE OVA THN!!!
That's a bad attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by coollove: 11:50am On Dec 31, 2008
NAIJAKING What is your problem? Even if u have a correction to make or contribute something ---This is not the way.

Now they say u should take over, u say is bad attitude------ so what do u want KOKSY to do?.

My friend take time and better apologise to KOKSY
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2008
coollove:

NAIJAKING What is your problem? Even if u have a correction to make or contribute something ---This is not the way.

Now they say u should take over, u say is bad attitude------ so what do u want KOKSY to do?.

My friend take time and better apologise to KOKSY
What is the way? Ignorance is a disease, but supporting ignorance is a crime. Look at your question about yeast infection and repeated use of carnesten. I'm sure you thought she gave you the best possible answer, right?

But she forgot to tell you about the conditions that give rise to candidiasis, and recurrent candidiasis for that matter. She did not tell you that personal hygiene, such as wet and dirty underwears could repeatedly give you yeast infection no matter how much anti-fungal you take.

Did she also tell you that medical conditions such diabetes could lead to repeated yeast infections?
Did she tell you that the ultimate cure for persistent yeast infection is to treat the root cause of the predisposing condition?
Finally, did she tell you that repeated use of carnesten and similar anti-fungal could kill your liver?

I could wait, or even ignore her forum and dangerous advice, but it wouldn't be right for the innocent patients on this forum who think that they are getting good and correct advice, or just looking for help.

There is no good way to correct such people, but one has to do it.

Would you rather loose your liver from repeated anti-fungal use than face the truth?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by koksy(f): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2009
naijaking1:

What is the way? Ignorance is a disease, but supporting ignorance is a crime. Look at your question about yeast infection and repeated use of carnesten. I'm sure you thought she gave you the best possible answer, right?

But she forgot to tell you about the conditions that give rise to candidiasis, and recurrent candidiasis for that matter. She did not tell you that personal hygiene, such as wet and dirty underwears could repeatedly give you yeast infection no matter how much anti-fungal you take.

Did she also tell you that medical conditions such diabetes could lead to repeated yeast infections?
Did she tell you that the ultimate cure for persistent yeast infection is to treat the root cause of the predisposing condition?
Finally, did she tell you that repeated use of carnesten and similar anti-fungal could kill your liver?

I could wait, or even ignore her forum and dangerous advice, but it wouldn't be right for the innocent patients on this forum who think that they are getting good and correct advice, or just looking for help.

There is no good way to correct such people, but one has to do it.

Would you rather loose your liver from repeated anti-fungal use than face the truth?
NAIJAKING i repeat TAKE OVA THN!!! SINCE U CN GIV BETTER ADVICE AND UR D ULTIMATE DOC IN D HOUSE.THANKS.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2009
koksy:

NAIJAKING i repeat TAKE OVA THN!!! SINCE U CN GIV BETTER ADVICE AND UR D ULTIMATE DOC IN D HOUSE.THANKS.
I see you have no shame for giving bad advice on areas you know nothing about. If you want to give consults on surgery, Ob/Gyne, psychiatry, please go to medical school first. Pharmacy school does not qualify you to dish out dangerous medical advice.

Instead of retorting that I should take over this forum, why don't you say I was wrong in the points I raised against you! If you do so then we can debate it based on standard medical knowledge, not on quackary

For repeatedly saying what's obviously wrong and dangerous on this forum, I think you should be sanctioned, and for having the gut to show a bad attitude towards your own ignorance, without regard to the dangers you pose to the public, you should be ashamed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by MaiSuya(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2009
Terrific! the pharmacist vs medical doctor beef has fond its way to NLD.

@kosky, To say that I'm immensely disappointed in you, one whom I hitherto admired for the way you had been handling most of the issues being raised here, will be the understatement of 2009. Any health practitioner with knowledge in basic elementary physiology, not even clinicals, can see that Naijaking1 made some very crucial points in his first reply, considering some of the pieces of advice you have been giving. But very unlike many of your professional colleagues that I come across everyday, you allowed your ego override professional judgment and rather than express gratitude, you resorted to the most childish answer. True, no one like his/her professional competence being undermined especially in a public forum like this, which presumably you deemed his initial reply to be; nonetheless, like he rightly said, ignorance is, in itself, a disease. I too have had some concerns over some of the responses you have given in the past, and had intended to send a PM you, but somehow it just escaped me.

@Naijakng1 might a personal message to her not have sufficed rather  than a public post? I think you know the answer. Furthermore, I take it you are professional, therefore the namecalling, particularly in your two recent posts, in my humble view is rather unbecoming of you.

PEACE!!!  smiley

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2009
Mai Suya
There is no 'best' way to correct people like Kosky and coolove, except to use the empirical facts on the ground. I really agonized over how to correct her for so many days, but as I waited, the more dangerous the advice she dishes out to people.

It suddenly became my conscience as physician vs her ego. I could not wait one more day for someone to be hurt.

Address her personally? She had no address on her profile, and by the way, washing dirty professional linings in the public helps sanitize the environment---something we need to learn in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by coollove: 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2009
NAIJAKING and MAI SUYA. two of u have succeeded in killing this forum. Thank you very much.

kosky knows very little yet she shared her knowledge-----God will bless her.

Two of you know so much and did not share the knowledge -------------God will punish the two of you.
The two of u should just try to do what kosky did let see how perfect the two of u will be.

So pls take over, Am waiting

All this cannot stop me from ask kosky what i want to ask her. Kosky well don.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2009
Hi ,
Please What drug can i take with omeperazole for acid reflux?
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:14am On Jan 08, 2009
coollove:

NAIJAKING and MAI SUYA. two of u have succeeded in killing this forum. Thank you very much.

kosky knows very little yet she shared her knowledge-----God will bless her.

Two of you know so much and did not share the knowledge -------------God will punish the two of you.
The two of u should just try to do what kosky did let see how perfect the two of u will be.

So please take over, Am waiting

All this cannot stop me from ask kosky what i want to ask her. Kosky well don.

I think God has already punished you for refusing to accept the truth. You want medical quacks, you get medical quacks! Most people don't want anybody with little medical knowledge to pretend as if she has big medical knowledge and give people all sorts of dangerous advice.

Please there're threads on medical advice from fully qualified medical doctors on this Health section, where doctors like myself contribute to answer and help other Nairalanders free of charge.

If you're not retarded you would have checked my postings before accusing me of not sharing my knowledge.

Anyway, the point about correct medical advice has been made, it's your choice to go to a quack or a real M.D
Maybe the the operator of this forum needs to get involved before the Koksy's of this World post any more dangerous advice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by bigben3: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2009
naijaking1:

I think God has already punished you for refusing to accept the truth. You want medical quacks, you get medical quacks! Most people don't want anybody with little medical knowledge to pretend as if she has big medical knowledge and give people all sorts of dangerous advice.

Please there're threads on medical advice from fully qualified medical doctors on this Health section, where doctors like myself [/b]contribute to answer and help other Nairalanders free of charge.

If you're not retarded you would have checked my postings before accusing me of not sharing my knowledge.

Anyway, the point about correct medical advice has been made, it's your choice to go to a quack or a real M.D
Maybe the the operator of this forum needs to get involved before the Koksy's of this World post any more dangerous advice.
Where does this lead the patient whom you all are suppose to jointly take care of as a team? instead of blowing your ego on the forum, you should at least appreciate her effort,she is a pharmacist and hence the only true custodian of drug.I think her thread said it all[b]:Pharmacist in the House:free medicine advice available.It is this disrespect for one another in the health system that is killing the system and the greatest sufferers are the very Patients you all swear to protect,so please you can subtly correct where you feel the need. and probably give adittional clues rather than utmost condemnation which makes your intent very suspicious.Just my piece of penny,no offence intended
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by coollove: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2009
My brother tell her.

make correction in a very soft way DO NOT COMMDEM AND BELITTLE

God will punish you if you do. I have said mine
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2009
big-ben:

Where does this lead the patient whom you all are suppose to jointly take care of as a team? instead of blowing your ego on the forum, you should at least appreciate her effort,she is a pharmacist and hence the only true custodian of drug.I think her thread said it all[b]:Pharmacist in the House:free medicine advice available[/b].It is this disrespect for one another in the health system that is killing the system and the greatest sufferers are the very Patients you all swear to protect,so please you can subtly correct where you feel the need. and probably give adittional clues rather than utmost condemnation which makes your intent very suspicious.Just my piece of penny,no offence intended

If you have ever been given a wrong or even dangerous medical advice, or if your family memeber has ever suffered an adverse reaction to a a medical advice that should not have been given, or if you know anybody that has ever died from a bad medical advice, then you would understand that respect, saying it softly, and all other indirect ways of telling her to stop giving out wrong medical advice is just a waste of time.

How many people know that a pharmacist is not qualified to give a surgical, ob/gyn, or a pyschiatric consultation?

Have I hurt her feeling? Probably, but I hope that somewhere along the line somebody's life will be saved.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 12:00am On Jan 10, 2009
coollove:

My brother tell her.

make correction in a very soft way DO NOT COMMDEM AND BELITTLE

God will punish you if you do. I have said mine

If you walk into a room and see someone trying to kill your brother/sister/mother/father using a gun, knive or even a dangerous medical advice; what would be your utmost concern?
Try not to disrespect the assilant, try not to belittle the killer, or try to stop the dangerous person immediately and with any means necessary?

3 Likes

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by missditto: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2009
dear doc, i;ve a serious problem. i'm about 3wks pregnant and have a serious phobia for hospitals due to a childhood incident. my boyfriend and i really want to keep this baby but can't afford it right now (we're bpth in yr 4) i read about a drug called mifeprex also called RU 486 that'll help but worried about the risks and the availability of the drug , can anyone pls get me this drug or write me a prescription? don't want to have a surgical abortion. pls help. scared and confused. justinedasilva@ymail.com 07035111650

'''
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by coollove: 10:10am On Jan 12, 2009
If you walk into a room and see someone trying to kill your brother/sister/mother/father using a gun, knive or even a dangerous medical advice; what would be your utmost concern?
Try not to disrespect the assilant, try not to belittle the killer, or try to stop the dangerous person immediately and with any means necessary?

Is koksy with the gun, knife, with the intention to kill? her intention was to save lives and she had saved lives with those guns, knives, before.

Yes, she got it wrong the time is not enough reasons to kill her. Since u know better that her u correct her is a soft way, we all know her good intentions.

Pls don't kill her ideas. That is what am asking for.

A member needs ur help now pls help her out. Its time for u to help. That is what u'r suppose to do and not killing peoples idea.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2009
coollove:

Is koksy with the gun, knife, with the intention to kill? her intention was to save lives and she had saved lives with those guns, knives, before.

Yes, she got it wrong the time is not enough reasons to kill her. Since u know better that her u correct her is a soft way, we all know her good intentions.

please don't kill her ideas. That is what am asking for.

A member needs ur help now please help her out. Its time for u to help. That is what u'r suppose to do and not killing peoples idea.

Your ignorance has opened another vista of this discussion. And yes, medical workers do kill patients. Not with malice, but by mistakes and mostly through ignorance of basic medical science. For once, get off your high emotional high horse and answer my question about seeing your loved one about to be killed.----you're a typical example of what's wrong with Nigeria, ie hide and cover-up ignorance, atrocities, and corruption all in the name of respecting someone.
Kosky's ideas of giving wrong and dangerous medical advice definitely needs to be killed. I have no problems with her answers about purely pharmaceutical questions, but pretending like she is a doctor when she never went to medical school is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by marami: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2009
I do have a regulary menstrual cycle, but seems not to ovulate cos I been using OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit) but have not got any positive result.

Please what do i do to stimulate my ovulation.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by coollove: 11:32am On Jan 20, 2009
naijaking! Did u see what you have caused nobody to answer marami and missditto because of your pride and selfish interest.

Pls answer them they need help. VANDAL
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2009
coollove:

naijaking! Did u see what you have caused nobody to answer marami and missditto because of your pride and selfish interest.

Pls answer them they need help. VANDAL
Remember, it's not such a big deal being ignorant, but being ignorant and loud about it is unforgivable. You still dey de open your shameless ignorant mouth?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-217362.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-104493.832.html

Follows the above links and you'll see that I have probably saved Marami and Missditto from dangerous medical advice and likely death at the hands of KOSKY, and yourself.
Many Nigerians are illitrate, especially in terms of healthcare delivary, so desperate patients will seek advice from all sources, qualified and non-qualified. Does it mean, we healthcare workers should take advantage of their ignorance and harm them with dangerous advice? No.

I consulted with Missditto, and Marami was smart enough to seek the advice of a qualified OB/Gyn. providing free and accurate medical advice like myself on this forum. Now do you think they regret not getting a bad medical advice from a pharmacist masquarading as an Ob/Gyn? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by coollove: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
my dear sorry. I did not know i was talking with the very wrong person.

You are such a very fake person. so what was your contrbuition ---- NOTHING.

I will not argue with you again. you are very very fake
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by naijaking1: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2009
coollove:

my dear sorry. I did not know i was talking with the very wrong person.

You are such a very fake person. so what was your contrbuition ---- NOTHING.

I will not argue with you again. you are very very fake

At Least Kosky or yourself will not parade yourselves on nairaland again as something you are not, because somebody is watching grin.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by oluwawunmi(f): 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2009
please doctor,
am on tubaclosis drug and my tommy is getting big pls what can i use or will it go down after d drug am in d 6th month now
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2009
at koksy

l though ofloxacin is for infection. cos l was given that when l had an infection by my dr.
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by Oluschenco(m): 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
Please what drug can i use against the discharge of white fluid from the vagina. Thanks
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
u or ur gf?
Re: Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available by oluagness(m): 11:36pm On Aug 13, 2009
Hi, sperm comes out of my babe vagina after ejaculation. Any posibility of pregnancy? and what is curative drug to take? Thank u

(1) (2) (3) (4)

UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery / Ultimate Grade BURANTASHI with Triple Monster Performance in Sex, Now Available / COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.