Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Do You Help In This Scenario? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Help In This Scenario? (916 Views)

What Would You Do In This Scenario?? / Have You Ever Witness Childbirth Scenario ?.( Graphic Pic ) / What Would You Do In This Scenario? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Help In This Scenario? by caketake3: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Had a chat not too long with my underperforming brother over his academic performance.

Later on while the talk lasted, he said he understands at first attempt but forget so easily and hence not having good grades as a result. I stood mute trying to figure the solution but all to no avail. Kindly help me as parents
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by soulglo: 1:17am On Sep 29, 2014
caketake3: Had a chat not too long with my underperforming brother over his academic performance.

Later on while the talk lasted, he said he understands at first attempt but forget so easily and hence not having good grades as a result. I stood mute trying to figure the solution but all to no avail. Kindly help me as parents

How old is your brother
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by caketake3: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2014
soulglo:

How old is your brother

15years approximately
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by soulglo: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
caketake3:

15years approximately

This is a delicate time in his life. Encourage him. Highlight his good points. He is actually talking to you so he has some trust in you. He might need tutoring or help focusing his attention where it needs to be. Not everybody will be an excellent student but we expect everybody to do their best. Highlight his strong points. Help positively strengthen his weak points. Don't insult him or negatively correct him but help him to be the best version of himself.
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by 5minsmadness: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
He should learn and take down notes then revise them as soon as he goes back home. Then revise same thing a week later. Make this a habit. It will help a lot.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by caketake3: 12:27am On Sep 30, 2014
Thanks to everyone. More contribution can still come in
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by Richy4(m): 4:53am On Sep 30, 2014
Constant practicing will help.
I was not good with Mathematics in my high school days.
In fact during that subject we pray for it to end.
No practice what so ever.
I remembered I was the class prefect in SS2. Every Wednesday we got maths on last period in those days. If I was asked to call the teacher, I will say it is too hot outside, how are we gonna grab what the teacher was saying. God!!! 96% supported my motion 4% where unhappy with my motion.
If the teacher comes I will tell him that the class was not ready because of the weather conditions.
Do I need to tell you that l loved economics with passion and mathematics was required.
So I practice everyday just to fulfill my dream and I got it.
I still really need to add here that my class mates that always support me to kick the maths teacher out, most studied Accounting,estate management,Banking and Finance etc.
So all this were done with hard work and practice.
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by caketake3: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
thanks.
Re: How Do You Help In This Scenario? by haftob(m): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
I think he is just lazy, it's normal to understand tinz wen just learned and to forget afta a while, the thing is dat he has to read it again all thru lyk 2 weeks to exams for him to remember.

(1) (Reply)

Adult Literacy Home Tutors / How Violent Are Your Siblings When Fighting Each Other? / Who Is Unfair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.