Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) (4584 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Cross Military Vehicle Over The River In North East / Female Trekker From Enugu To Abuja Gets Warm Reception From NOA (photos) / Owerri, Enugu Flooded! (Real pictures) (2) (3) (4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by eaglechild: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2014
This is a sequel to my previous experience at ABC terminal.https://www.nairaland.com/1924762/abc-transport-enugu-terminal-colossal

The bus left the the Enugu terminal and proceeded to Owerri, the terminal we left behind was in a sorry state but the roads in Enugu were in a good state.
Remakably the dumpsters were all empty, i did not notice any single one that was full even though it was a sunday morning.

We drove speedily to the Enugu PH highway through relatively well marked streets.

The high way was passable and some repair was ongoing

It was raining most of the way.

I could not help notice the filth at lokpa area where the cattle settlement is situated.

On getting to Okigwe we joined the single lane and the journey became a tale of bumps, and then a tale of ditches when we got to Amaraku junction. The place left much to be desired, people in the bus were cursing out on the abandoned roundabout.

We soon made it to Akabo and we managed to escape the flood there, perhaps that is what gave our driver confidence that he was now operating a hovercraft ( and why we eventually ended up in a river).

When we got into Owerri the rain had abated, but the first thing that hit me at Orji was the decoration of filth at the road median a stark contrast to the empty dumpsters in Enugu. Someone here needs waste disposal lessons.

We headed towards IMSU junction and the road improved and became greener, don't just let your eyes stray off it though cause you will not like the feeder roads.

As we turned at IMSU junction and headed to the bus terminal, the roads took an abysmal turn for the worse the further we went, till we got to a junction, I think Chukwuma Nwoha, here we met a large pool of water rather abruptly, we asked the driver to turn back which he hesitantly did, but after searching for connecting roads he somehow ended up at the same spot.

With the previous hovercraft experience at Akabo he decided to brave it and we ended up in the middle of a "river" with our bus flooded. It was not a funny experience as our it was knee deep and our luggage got soaked.

My question is what is Rochas Okorocha doing with the allocation of Imo state?
Below are some pics I took.

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Gboliwe: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2014
Sincerely speaking, its a slap on the face to mention Owerri and Enugu in the same sentence, and you not only did that, you went ahead to compare them, you deserve to be flogged till the "witches" in you leave you. angry

I lived in Owerri for 3 years straight and there has never been a time when the city had it as bad as it has it now. Owerri during Ohakim was clean, today, don't even go there!
On the other hand, each time I visit Enugu, its a breathe of fresh air *no pun intended. Enugu has it all together.

I voted Rochas and I have since realised my error. The man really fooled me. angry

24 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by BlackTechnology: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2014
He needs to go

He lost focus

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2014
eaglechild: This is a sequel to my previous experience at ABC terminal.https://www.nairaland.com/1924762/abc-transport-enugu-terminal-colossal

The bus left the the Enugu terminal and proceeded to Owerri, the terminal we left behind was in a sorry state but the roads in Enugu were in a good state.
Remakably the dumpsters were all empty, i did not notice any single one that was full even though it was a sunday morning.

We drove speedily to the Enugu PH highway through relatively well marked streets.

I could not help notice the filth at lokpa area where the cattle settlement is situated.

On getting to Okigwe we joint the single lane and the journey became a tale of bumps, and then a tale of ditches when we got to Amaraku junction. The place left much to be desired, people in the bus were cursing out on the abandoned roundabout.

We soon made it to Akabo and we managed to escape the food there, perhaps that is what gave our driver confidence that he was now operating a hovercraft ( and why we eventually ended up in a river).

When we got into Owerri the rain had abated, but the first thing that hit me at Orji was the decoration of filth at the road median a stark contrast to the empty dumpsters in Enugu. Someone here needs waste disposal lessons.

We headed towards IMSU junction and the road improved and became greener, don't just let your eyes stray off it though cause you will not like the feeder roads.

As we turned at IMSU junction and headed to the bus terminal, the roads took an abysmal turn for the worse the further we went, till we got to a junction, I think Chukwuma Nwoha, here we met a large pool of water rather abruptly, we asked the driver to turn back which he hesitantly did, but after searching for connected roads he somehow ended up at the same spot.

With the previous hovercraft experience at Akabo he decided to brave it and we ended up in the middle of a "river" with our bus flooded. It was not a funny experience as our it was knee deep and our luggage got soaked.

maybe you forgot you were still in NIGERIA....

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:58am On Sep 29, 2014
The same rochas that said they should all give him 100 naira to be voted into office. angry

2 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by lanrexdo(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Sorry that no soul was lost. I have gotten used to all this senseless governors parading themselves with ill gotten funds.

2 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by asadike(f): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2014
na wah o! Rochas ogini kai mere gi?

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by lonelydora: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2014
Owerri and Enugu cannot be compared. Enugu is far better than Owerri. BTW, I thought Rochas is working, with all the media hype. Chai, my beloved Owerri has turned into a riverine city like Bayelsa.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by talktimi(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2014
Rochas handles more projects on AIT newsbars than in Imo state grin

17 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2014
no comment
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Aegon(m): 9:39am On Sep 29, 2014
talktimi: Rochas handles more projects on AIT newsbars than in Imo state grin
He plans to rule Nigeria the exact same way

2 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Aegon(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2014
He plans to rule Nigeria the exact same way. I regret voting this guy.

3 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Adrenaline123(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2014
I thought am the only one who notices it.

8 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:51am On Sep 29, 2014
This Rochas really is a stubborn fool who doesn't understand anything called politics...

Even if he rigs, I dnt think the people wants him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Abagworo(m): 9:52am On Sep 29, 2014
lonelydora: Owerri and Enugu cannot be compared. Enugu is far better than Owerri. BTW, I thought Rochas is working, with all the media hype. Chai, my beloved Owerri has turned into a riverine city like Bayelsa.

Says who? Igbos should stop allowing themselves to be rubbished just because of Jonathan. Owerri is finer and much more modern that Enugu. Going all out to look for a fault will definitely lead you to something. Please you people should be careful how you play this politics game. Yesterday had almost the entire Southern Nigeria flooded from one of the heaviest rains of the year and no city is left out including Port-Harcourt where I live.

http://360news4yu./2013/10/09/flood-claims-student-inenugu/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/heavy-traffic-build-up-in-enugu-as-abakpa-nike-bridge-collapses/

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/homes-cars-destroyed-as-flood-sacks-enugu/

It is best to stay with the truth and stop blackmails.

4 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nutase: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2014
He is trying to create a dam in imo state to generate free electricity for the future Biafrra republic grin

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Obynobyl(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo:

Says who? Igbos should stop allowing themselves to be rubbished just because of Jonathan. Owerri is finer and much more modern that Enugu. Going all out to look for a fault will definitely lead you to something. Please you people should be careful how you play this politics game. Yesterday had almost the entire Southern Nigeria flooded from one of the heaviest rains of the year and no city is left out including Port-Harcourt where I live.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/heavy-traffic-build-up-in-enugu-as-abakpa-nike-bridge-collapses/

its not because of Jonathan, its a plain fact. The two cities cannot be compared, I've been to both of them and I can authoritatively tell you Enugu is miles ahead of Owerri,over 98% of the roads in Enugu are tarred to the extent that the street before mine has been tarred twice under this administration, you just need to come to Enugu at night and sincerely speaking you will think you are in Paris. Sullivan is just wonderful and to think that he dosen't broadcast everything he does to the world is another plus for him. I respect that man.

7 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2014
I"m reading
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo:

Abagworo, please stop! these pictures of a submerged bus says it all. If not for contacts in Owerri, I wouldn't have believed it myself. This is supposed to be a road in an Estate for crying out loud shocked sad

2 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by imsuboi(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2014
it's actually not a new thing.

Imo State (owerri) doesn't have a functional drainage system.

Whenever it rains, it would be advisable to stay indoors. 'Cos venturing outside would leave you covered in filth.

Worse still, if you head towards wethdral or Douglas area.

Rochas is trying. But he can do better.

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by networkgenuis: 11:19am On Sep 29, 2014

Chai grin grin grin
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by saintneo(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2014
Let's be truthful, democracy can be very deceptive.

Rochas rode on the pride of Igbos (APGA) to rule Imo State, then decamped back to APC. Ohakim was voted out because the public was deceived into believing that Rochas an APGA member will be a true democrat. Ohakim flogged a Reverend Father(rumour) vs Rochas fed the poor. Maybe with time we will develop and look beyond little niceties during elections.

A big lesson for IMO citizens and residents.

3 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Chubhie: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2014
My people my people, my governor my governor.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by eaglechild: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: maybe you forgot you were still in NIGERIA....
Is that an excuse for the state of that road?

What a defeatist stance.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Abagworo(m): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Obynobyl: its not because of Jonathan, its a plain fact. The two cities cannot be compared, I've been to both of them and I can authoritatively tell you Enugu is miles ahead of Owerri,over 98% of the roads in Enugu are tarred to the extent that the street before mine has been tarred twice under this administration, you just need to come to Enugu at night and sincerely speaking you will think you are in Paris. Sullivan is just wonderful and to think that he dosen't broadcast everything he does to the world is another plus for him. I respect that man.

Absolute thrash. Sullivan has ruled Enugu for 7 years and you can't compare it with Okorochas 3 years. To be fair Sullivan has tried in beautifying Enugu town but for you to come online and blame Rochas for flood and write like there has never been flooding in Enugu despite its hilly terrain is hypocrisy and blackmail either to feel good or just to give a false impression. I can as well show you pictures of flooded road in Enugu if we are to use that as bench mark. Even the Enugu airport was flooded recently and pictures of it everywhere online. You stupid Igbos should stop this nonsense of looking for fault where there is little just to feel better off.

You can as well blame Sullivan for this one

http://www.umunike.net/news/flood.php

4 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by valicious1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
I complained of the same exact predicament here

www.nairaland.com/1875753/unbiased-assessment-failed-gov-rochas

Imo state is totally DEAD under Rochas Ojorocha

3 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by valicious1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gboliwe: Sincerely speaking, its a slap on the face to mention Owerri and Enugu in the same sentence, and you not only did that, you went ahead to compare them, you deserve to be flogged till the "witches" in you leave you. angry

I lived in Owerri for 3 years straight and there has never been a time when the city had it as bad as it has it now. Owerri during Ohakim was clean, today, don't even go there!
On the other hand, each time I visit Enugu, its a breathe of fresh air *no pun intended. Enugu has it all together.

I voted Rochas and I have since realised my error. The man really fooled me. angry
You've spoken wisely.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by valicious1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
SMALLPENIS: The same rochas that said they should all give him 100 naira to be voted into office. angry
very true. I've personally heard him thrice make the N100 extortion statement and he desperately means it. Rochas is a serial fraudster, an unrepentant thief and a chronic liar.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by ikweremilitant: 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
eaglechild: This is a sequel to my previous experience at ABC terminal.https://www.nairaland.com/1924762/abc-transport-enugu-terminal-colossal

On getting to Okigwe we joined the single lane and the journey became a tale of bumps, and then a tale of ditches when we got to Amaraku junction. The place left much to be desired, people in the bus were cursing out on the abandoned roundabout.

We soon made it to Akabo and we managed to escape the flood there, perhaps that is what gave our driver confidence that he was now operating a hovercraft ( and why we eventually ended up in a river).

As we turned at IMSU junction and headed to the bus terminal, the roads took an abysmal turn for the worse the further we went, till we got to a junction, I think Chukwuma Nwoha, here we met a large pool of water rather abruptly, we asked the driver to turn back which he hesitantly did, but after searching for connecting roads he somehow ended up at the same spot.

With the previous hovercraft experience at Akabo he decided to brave it and we ended up in the middle of a "river" with our bus flooded. It was not a funny experience as our it was knee deep and our luggage got soa.

rochas aaaa, rochas aaaa, rochas will kill imo state,aaaa.rochas diris God o,diris God o
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Abagworo(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
For the interest of Igboland let us end this thread and stop smear campaigns of any sort. Okorocha has the right to become President and is probably the best Governor right now going by the number of years and the amount he receives as well as IGR generating capacity of his State. It does us no good to be searching for dirt in an old woman's loin cloth just because of political affiliation. It is best to either say the truth or lodge complaints where more is needed.

2 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by valicious1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo:

my friend if you don't know what to type kindly switch off ur fone/CP and go to sleep. The fact is that imo state is far more behind Enugu and even abia state in terms of development and growth under this current dispensation. Same would never have been said four years ago as Imo state was totally leading in all ramification.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by valicious1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
saintneo: Let's be truthful, democracy can be very deceptive.

Rochas rode on the pride of Igbos (APGA) to rule Imo State, then decamped back to APC. Ohakim was voted out because the public was deceived into believing that Rochas an APGA member will be a true democrat. Ohakim flogged a Reverend Father(rumour) vs Rochas fed the poor. Maybe with time we will develop and look beyond little niceties during elections.

A big lesson for IMO citizens and residents.
ANOTHER UNBIASED TRUTH!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MC Exposes President Jonathan In The Presence Of His Wife / Meet Safina Buhari, Daughter Of President Elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari....[photo] / Meet The Man Who Looks Exactly Like Ojukwu-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.