Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) (4593 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Cross Military Vehicle Over The River In North East / Female Trekker From Enugu To Abuja Gets Warm Reception From NOA (photos) / Owerri, Enugu Flooded! (Real pictures) (2) (3) (4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by vanbonattel: 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo: For the interest of Igboland let us end this thread and stop smear campaigns of any sort. Okorocha has the right to become President and is probably the best Governor right now going by the number of years and the amount he receives as well as IGR generating capacity of his State. It does us no good to be searching for dirt in an old woman's loin cloth just because of political affiliation. It is best to either say the truth or lodge complaints where more is needed.

Okorocha is a thief, streets of Owerri.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by vanbonattel: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Citizens are being fished from gutters everyday.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by vanbonattel: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
I weep for my state capital.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by vanbonattel: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
But okoroacha is working very hard, dude bought 5 bags of cement to repair the whole of imsu junction with four roadside labourer tongue

3 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by vanbonattel: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
"Our state have no money so we use manual labour to turn cement" cried a hungry looking labourers wink

Abagworo how far? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
vanbonattel: But okoroacha is working very hard, dude bought 5 bags of cement to repair the whole of imsu junction with four roadside labourer tongue

I've told you guys to relax this nonsense and face the truth. My major annoyance with these sort of threads is that it is biased and trying to put Okorocha under absolute scrutiny while same standards is not applied to Jonathan or even Sullivan that the poster tried to claim has solved all the bad roads in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by kendo101: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Flooding should be the least problem of "Enu-ugwu".Owerri has always had flooding problem with the exception of Douglas/ Wethdral axis of the town. Orji/ Akwakuma (hilly) has erosion problem, Amakohia area (valley) flooding etc.

Like the saying goes: Onye shi ala Owerre a ri ya nma, ya kwara lii grin grin grin
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by ojimbo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
in anambra, we are use to bad roads and narrow roads nah

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by vanbonattel: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
kendo101: Flooding should be the least problem of "Enu-ugwu".Owerri has always had flooding problem with the exception of Douglas/ Wethdral axis of the town. Orji/ Akwakuma (hilly) has erosion problem, Amakohia area (valley) flooding etc.

Like the saying goes: Onye shi ala Owerre a ri ya nma, ya gwara lii grin grin grin

nwanne le, onye owerre shi ala owerri ari ya mma kwanu? Ya gaa nwuo cheesy tongue
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Unemadu: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo:

I've told you guys to relax this nonsense and face the truth. My major annoyance with these sort of threads is that it is biased and trying to put Okorocha under absolute scrutiny while same standards is not applied to Jonathan or even Sullivan that the poster tried to claim has solved all the bad roads in Enugu.

abagworo the cameleon. Why do u speak with both sides of your mouth?

Sorry to say it is impossible to understand you

3 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by kendo101: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
vanbonattel:

nwanne le, onye owerre shi ala owerri ari ya mma kwanu? Ya gaa nwuo cheesy tongue

Nwanne, onye Owerre no get much choice. They'll grumble and just tag along. But it's all good, one day e go better
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
First it was the Anambra thread. Now it's this one.

Igbos and their propensity to air their dirty laundry in hostile environments.

A blessing or a curse?
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Unemadu: 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
chulla12: First it was the Anambra thread. Now it's this one.

A blessing or a curse?

Blessing. Do u want it always dirty?

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by drnoel: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
lonelydora: Owerri and Enugu cannot be compared. Enugu is far better than Owerri. BTW, I thought Rochas is working, with all the media hype. Chai, my beloved Owerri has turned into a riverine city like Bayelsa.

On what day or season of the year can enugu be better than owerri. look dont annoy me...
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by chinolization: 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
What is going on here?

Choi..hahahahhahhahahahaha

Are this supposed to be roads in an urban center or what exactly? Somebody should start explaining this to me right now..lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
I think what Owerri needs is a drainage overhaul.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by eaglechild: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo:

I simply narrated my travel experience.

3 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by PhockPhockMan: 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
When we the Imolites talk about the systematic annihilation of Imo State by APC, with Rochas Okorocha as a perfect tool,APC thugs, mostly non-Imolites, led by berem and Abagworo / abagoro will invade with insults and lies. We can't be tired of fighting the invasion Imo by evil people.
So unfortunate.

READ THIS
https://www.nairaland.com/1921479/photo-news-one-newly-refurbished

4 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by thwarrior72: 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Well..this thread have got nothing to do with "us" wink
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by talktimi(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Abagworo:

Jonathan receives daily flogging here on nairaland, why don't you want Okorocha to receive his own ? Besides as a governor he is the one closer to the people than the president and so they have a right to complain when things are not going as expected. (abi you're trying to shield Rochas because he is your party man ? wink I understand)

4 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by eaglechild: 5:09am On Sep 30, 2014
chulla12: First it was the Anambra thread. Now it's this one.

A blessing or a curse?
Should one keep mute over this degree of neglect just to avoid being made fun of

4 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:53am On Sep 30, 2014
eaglechild:
Should one keep mute over this degree of neglect just to avoid being made fun of
God eill bless you my brother.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Onyegecha(f): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
Abagworo: For the interest of Igboland let us end this thread and stop smear campaigns of any sort. Okorocha has the right to become President and is probably the best Governor right now going by the number of years and the amount he receives as well as IGR generating capacity of his State. It does us no good to be searching for dirt in an old woman's loin cloth just because of political affiliation. It is best to either say the truth or lodge complaints where more is needed.

Abagworo, i thought you had repented. You are the one that should stop this base job of selling a DUMMY TO IMOLITES AND NIGERIANS. ROCHAS DOES NOT BELONG IN THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. So, please stop this worthless campaign of hate. Yes hate for the people because of a personal love for Rochas.

4 Likes

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Imo2015: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2014
Chai. my Imo state has gone down the drain. Vote Ihedioha for good governance and development.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Parishpriest: 11:14am On Sep 30, 2014
@ OP, that's Chukwuma Nwoha junction. It's a pity that my lovely Owerri has gone to the dogs. Rochas is a big disappointment. Responding to Aba-otagworo, is a waste of precious mb. I don't fuckkkkking care about party, what i want is dividends of democracy in Igboland.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2014
eaglechild:

I said in hostile environments. NL is not the only social platform for discussion, is it?
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by 100Cents: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Obynobyl: its not because of Jonathan, its a plain fact. The two cities cannot be compared, I've been to both of them and I can authoritatively tell you Enugu is miles ahead of Owerri,over 98% of the roads in Enugu are tarred to the extent that the street before mine has been tarred twice under this administration, you just need to come to Enugu at night and sincerely speaking you will think you are in Paris. Sullivan is just wonderful and to think that he dosen't broadcast everything he does to the world is another plus for him. I respect that man.

Sullivan is the best governor in the South East and Enugu has the best roads.

I don't know what TA Orji and Ebonyi state governor can say about this..

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by eaglechild: 4:54am On Oct 01, 2014
chulla12:

I said in hostile environments. NL is not the only social platform for discussion, is it?
It is better to discuss it where it will cause the most embarrassment possible, if that is what it takes to get things fixed.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 01, 2014
eaglechild:
It is better to discuss it where it will cause the most embarrassment possible, if that it what it takes to get things fixed.

Hey...your call, I guess.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by tonytony208(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Thank God these flaatheads are exposing themselves here. Did they not tell us that alaigbo has now become paradise (because nobody had gone there to take pictures)? If the pictures i have seen so far are taken from "paradise", then i would rather remain in osun and ekiti. We yorubas don't claim to have the most beautiful cities, but even my "poor" ekiti state doesn't look as decayed as those pictures. Alaigbo is "paradise" indeed.

1 Like

Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by eaglechild: 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
tonytony208: Thank God these flaatheads are exposing themselves here. Did they not tell us that alaigbo has now become paradise (because nobody had gone there to take pictures)? If the pictures i have seen so far are taken from "paradise", then i would rather remain in osun and ekiti. We yorubas don't claim to have the most beautiful cities, but even my "poor" ekiti state doesn't look as decayed as those pictures. Alaigbo is "paradise" indeed.
I kind of feel pity for you, because you prefer to bury your head in the sand and clap for your thieving leaders.

Which Ekiti are you referring to?

That is how you keep claiming "educated" now you cannot even get your wards to pass WAEC.
Re: How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) by Remarkable: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
I find this hard to believe... before he became governor, all I was hearing of him was how he has humanitarian services in the north, how he gives scholarships to students and so many positive things that gave me the picture of a mann that had the interest of the common man/Nigerian.

I cant say the OP is lieing, cause I cant prove otherwise, having not passed through there for ages...
if I had a minute with this man, three words for him:

"Rochas, what happened?"

Btw, has anyone a list of his positive touch on Imo state and Imolites? Last I heard was free education up to university level or so... not sure... at least that is one I am able to verify by a phone call...

BlackTechnology: He needs to go

He lost focus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kudos To Kwankwaso! I Spotted One Woman During His Declaration Rally. / Are The Isetkiris Related To The Yorubas?? / The Ape That Founded Sahara Reporters Show's 'ethnic Colors'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.