Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? (1401 Views)

Have Our Mothers Failed In Raising Their Sons? / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by jiorhemen(m): 7:54am On Sep 29, 2014
Friends, just asking for your view. Who cooks better meal between our mothers and our female contemporaries?
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Alubosa: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2014
Why are u asking a question which u already v an answer! Of course it's our mother's generation. There was no maggi or seasoning those days but yet they made delicious meal with "iru"(locust beans), ogiri etc
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Maybe your mother's generation didn't teach their desecndants well hence they dont cook just as good as them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by AfricanApple(f): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2014
even when our mothers taught, most ladies of this generation are lazy in cooking cos sharp sharp indomie is an available.

me na example sef, I hate cooking eh but e no mean say I no sabi cook o

4 Likes

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by hushmail: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2014
indomie generation grin

which is even good

tmrw it will b can food generation
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by crackhaus: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2014
AfricanApple: even when our mothers taught, most ladies of this generation are lazy in cooking cos sharp sharp indomie is an available.

me na example self, I hare cooking eh but e no mean say I no sabi cook o
The truth is not so hard to admit afterall grin

1 Like

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by AfricanApple(f): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2014
crackhaus:
The truth is not so hard to admit afterall grin
hun hun.there isn't anything here for me to lie about

besides I don't lie on mondays
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by crackhaus: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2014
AfricanApple: hun hun.there isn't anything here for me to lie about

besides I don't lie on mondays
Indeed.
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by jiorhemen(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Alubosa: Why are u asking a question which u already v an answer! Of course it's our mother's generation. There was no maggi or seasoning those days but yet they made delicious meal with "iru"(locust beans), ogiri etc

Funny you lol
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2014
My mum cooks better than all the ladies have met.

Imagine one of my ladies used a whole bottle of groundnut oil to fry #250 worth of pepper,and tomatoes. I was like WTF.

One actually used egg to fry onions,cos they onions were so big in the fried egg.

One turned semo to custard for me.

Too many tales have witnessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by jiorhemen(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2014
@AfricanApple: you tried, it's rare to find people that can admit their flaws and lapses. Anyway, I don't like to stereotype, so I wouldn't say that today's girls are all poor in cooking. There are those who cook well among them just as we have some who cook poorly among the elders too.
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by AfricanApple(f): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
jiorhemen: @AfricanApple: you tried, it's rare to find people that can admit their flaws and lapses. Anyway, I don't like to stereotype, so I wouldn't say that today's girls are all poor in cooking. There are those who cook well among them just as we have some who cook poorly among the elders too.
but I'm learning to quit d laziness though seeing dat I will need to be cooking for my kids

and u are right, there are some bad Cook in our mother's generation

1 Like

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by ifyalways(f): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
My husband kiss
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Agrika: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Today's girls that were "trained" by women from your mother's generation...talk of combined "forces"...yea they cook better
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Richy4(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Have you seen their long finger nails? Did the mothers in those days fixed stuffs like that?

If you haven't seen a girl that fix her nails holding pumpkin leaves or cutting it, try and start observing guys. It was a sorry sight.
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by damiso(f): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
I cook better than my mum cool even she attests to that fact when she visits me.Also I can cook dishes from outside my tribe and country and she can't cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Soups - she is better than me.
I really try, but at the end,it is not as tasty as the one she cooks.

All other dishes - am better.

1 Like

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Acidosis(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Richy4: Have you seen their long finger nails? Did the mothers in those days fixed stuffs like that?

If you haven't seen a girl that fix her nails holding pumpkin leaves or cutting it, try and start observing guys. It was a sorry sight.
ewwww!
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Acidosis(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: My mum cooks better than all the ladies have met.

Imagine one of my ladies used a whole bottle of groundnut oil to fry #250 worth of pepper,and tomatoes. I was like WTF.

One actually used egg to fry onions,cos they onions were so big in the fried egg.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
To be honest our mum cooks more than us , even my mum always says her mum could cook more than her , technology is reducing the taste of food and we're adapting to it.

2 Likes

Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by 50calibre(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Joavid: Soups - she is better than me.
I really try, but at the end,it doesn't taste as sweet as the one she cooks.

All other dishes - am better.

Sweet? For food? sweet isn't a proper adjective for qualifying food, I think the right word you're looking for is tasty!!

This is free education out of the kindness of my heart. You can thank me later. grin
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by cocoberry(f): 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
I love cooking for my captain!
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
50calibre:

Sweet? For food? sweet isn't a proper adjective for qualifying food, I think the right word you're looking for is tasty!!

This is free education out of the kindness of my heart. You can thank me later. grin

Thank you.
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
Most of today's girls can't boil water or even cook poo...
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by 50calibre(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
Joavid:

Thank you.

Oh just like that, without a fight or any snide comment?
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
50calibre:

Oh just like that, without a fight or any snide comment?
smiley
If you want drama, you came to the wrong place.
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by jiorhemen(m): 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yomieluv: My mum cooks better than all the ladies have met.

Funny man
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by 50calibre(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Joavid:
smiley
If you want drama, you came to the wrong place.

Why do you say so? What makes you think I'm looking for drama?
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
50calibre:

Why do you say so? What makes you think I'm looking for drama?

Even a dunce can see you are looking for drama.
Why were you expecting a snide comment or a fight if you didn't start it or want it?

I guess you went to work today, or whatever thing you do during the day. Can't you rest?
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by 50calibre(m): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
Joavid:

Even a dunce can see you are looking for drama.
Why were you expecting a snide comment or a fight if you didn't start it or want it?

I guess you went to work today, or whatever thing you do during the day. Can't you rest?

Shut up!! This doesn't stop me from resting.

Once in a while, I enjoy seeking out people to bully, today I picked you to be my victim. How about that?
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
50calibre:

Shut up!! This doesn't stop me from resting.

Once in a while, I enjoy seeking out people to bully, today I picked you to be my victim. How about that?

Gone on. Enjoy yourself.

Good night.
Re: Who Cooks Better; Today's Girls, Or Our Mothers' Generation? by Acidosis(m): 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Steve Harvey Gifts Wife A Rolls Royce As A Birthday Gift / 'DEAD' Premature Baby Comes Back To Life. It's A Miracle! / Divorce Saga: Nollywood actor. Emeka Ikes Wife in court says he disvirgined her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.