Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Qualities Of A Good Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Qualities Of A Good Website (2590 Views)

Who Can Build A Good Website For Our Company / What Are The Qualities Of A Good WEBSITE? / I Need A Good Website Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualities Of A Good Website by WebDesign3: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2008
Websites today have become a very essential medium for companies however small or big to showcase their products and services and increase their brand visibility. A good website does not only appeal to the visitors but gives them something to think about your organization.

Sometimes people may decide to create websites all by themselves. But creating websites or getting websites developed by people who have limited technological expertise and experience has its own risks. Economical and cost effective website may help save money but they may prove unproductive in the long run. Such website may be low in quality and also not appeal to the target audience.

So whenever you plan to get a website for yourself, consult a professional website designer or a company. Ensure that your website has the following features to enhance its productivity:

1) Template- A customized template that matches your organizations’ color and values. Don't use free template because these types of template are repeated on many websites and fail to give your company the required unique identity.

2) Content - Content is the lifeblood of any website, take your time to give this section the best attention. Ensure you have content related to the theme of the website and also ensure availability of fresh content for each & every page. It will help attract new customers.

3) Meta Tag & Title - Each and every page should have a title & be supported by appropriate meta tags. This will enhance your search engine good ranking in search engines like Google, Yahoo & MSN.

4) Internal navigation - Ensure that your website is logically linked. Try to keep internal pages maximum of three click away from the index page.

5) Broken links - Cross check all the active links on the website. Broken link has a negative impact on your website. A broken link could take visitors away from your site and prevent them from seeing the core contents that could convert to sales.

6) Search Box - Include a search box option in the website if your site is more than 15 pages. It will always help the customer in finding important information on the web site quickly.

A good website is an asset for any organization. Put these points on your checklist when you need a new website or wish to upgrade an existing one to achieve great results.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Website by yawatide(f): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2008
Geez!  Could you at least pretty up your presentation?  Maybe use an ordered list (OL, LI)?  angry angry angry

I can guarantee u that I, and perhaps others, WON'T read this until it look presentable.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Website by olush0la(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2008
@ Yawa-ti-de:
Haba, you just read it nah!
BUT sha, I like the way the guy just smartly put in the url for his website.
I should think of that more often. Way to go about advertising your own website.
Re: Qualities Of A Good Website by yawatide(f): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2008
olu,

I honestly couldn't read it and last time I checked, I didn't need glasses either. As a web person, he should know to at the very least, add an extra break. I mean, come on, wat did that say about his web skills initially? It looked more like spam (cos we all know those ideas are not original, but i digress)

I hope u get my point.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Visitors Download Mp3 Music Files From My Blog? / Blogging : Everything You Need To Know / Bloggers Connect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.