Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo (4614 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / 2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: Igbos are cowards! Forget the chest-beating tactics, forget the senseless war-rants, forget the hocuspocuses and let's talk abt Ojukwu running away, MASSOB and MEND's empty threats, let's talk abt cowering behind the ijaws hoping they will feed them in 2019..

These people are funny as hell...

Igbos are cowards for having a political point of view at odds with everyone else, to the extent of being taunted and insulted on the pages of newspapers?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Energito: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2014
Well said but i still doubt if okorocha can contest but if he do he will have my vote but if not jonathan will have it.
Abagworo: Me and Chekwas Okorie have so much in common. This has been my view and will always be my view not only about Igbo but every group or nationality. I will forever love Rochas Okorocha for coming out bold to contest ans say no to Igbos being 4th class citizens in Nigeria. Let Theodore Orji, Iwuanyanwu, Chris Uba and Peter Obi continue with their bottom licking. Let them continue stripping middle aged Igbo independence activist to make ridicule of their own people in order to appease others. Let them keep lying against and blackmailing Okorocha for being upright and refusing to join the band wagon. Finally let them attack me for saying the truth.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
haha that's good you know yorubas are super cowards and the people I call super goons! lol...

Before you want to talk about Ojukwu running, you know you have to talk about those before him that mastered the art of fleeing, scared like hell.... from Ogundepe... to Obasanjo - that took a bullet in his bum-cheek till today... and your dead scorpion that fled on foot and ended up half-nak.ed in PH on one leg of his shoe...

anything the Igbos do that you talk about... Yorubas have done way worse and as long as you live, your people are beneath the feet of Igbos - quote me any time, any day. Igbos are

-Remarkable

SLIDEwaxie: Igbos are cowards! Forget the chest-beating tactics, forget the senseless war-rants, forget the hocuspocuses and let's talk abt Ojukwu running away, MASSOB and MEND's empty threats, let's talk abt cowering behind the ijaws hoping they will feed them in 2019..

These people are funny as hell...

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Remarkable: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Do you agree that line that Jonathan will hand over to Igbos?

When I hear that, I feel a lil embarrassed, are they being naïve, or just trying to justify why they need to support GEJ - which in itself is the wrong reason IMO.
mikeansy: Split Igbo on the pages of newspaper

90% of Igbos will vote Jonathan
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by EdCure: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
"Jonathan will hand over to ibo in 2019" grin
LMAO at old men being blatantly fooled.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by ibedun: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
Spit!!!! on Igbos

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Remarkable: haha that's good you know yorubas are super cowards and the people I call super goons! lol...

Before you want to talk about Ojukwu running, you know you have to talk about those before him that mastered the art of fleeing, scared like hell.... from Ogundepe... to Obasanjo - that took a bullet in his bum-cheek till today... and your dead scorpion that fled on foot and ended up half-nak.ed in PH on one leg of his shoe...

anything the Igbos do that you talk about... Yorubas have done way worse and as long as you live, your people are beneath the feet of Igbos - quote me any time, any day. Igbos are

-Remarkable

grin grin the usual chest-beating attitude again..lol

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by gratieao: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
Chiwude: Which useless 90% will vote for Jonathan. Nwokem speak for your household and not Igbo in general. Let me tell You: the day any major party fields an Igboman for Presidency then you will be shocked to see your paymaster GEJ lose the S/E. Afterall has he - Goodluck - not tasted power? Have the Ijaws nay Niger-Delta minorities not tasted power? What else do they want. Apart from the so called ministerial positon, what else have we gained from GEJ's government. Even in that sector, all we've received are embarrassments from the presidency. The sacking of people like the former minister of Power, Stella Oduah and Festus Odumegwu of the NPC just because some Yoruba's and Kwankwaso wanted them out. Even in the military and paramillitary do we currently have any serving Head of even a division after the unjust sack of Ihejirika. In the economic aspect what have we gained? The Enugu Int'I Airport is not even 50 percent completed. Do we have good Federal roads in the S/E. The Enugu - Onitsha road is the worst in the federation. The Enugu - P/H road which was only given a patch work is now filled with holes as big as a mine field, just as it were before. The Owerri/Aba road - which was part of the original Onitsha - Owerri - Aba road awarded by Obasanjo - was long abandoned, before Rochas started the Owerri section of that road. The Oguta sea port project has been abandoned while the Onitsha port is no better than a glorified warehouse. Even when the FG was siting state for the construction of refineries the S/E was ridiculously bypassed. Non oil states like Kogi and Lagos were chosen ahead of Imo and Abia. What have we gained? Nothing. The only think I think we have gained is being used as a sacrificial lamb for the Goodluck presidency by enemies of Ndigbo. Massacres and killings have been carried out on our people living in the north as revenge against Goodluck - Idiot's who should have channeled their onslaught on the President's kinsmen. Whenever GEJ fails to do anything meaningful, the Yoruba quickly blame us - as if Jonathan is an Igbo. For me, any Igboman that sell us for a pot of porridge is destined for a very big calamity and curse to his lineage. Haven't we supported Goodluck enough? We've supported him even when the chips were down. Despite not antagonistic during the fuel scarcity era, Ndigbo suffered more than other tribes during that period. How many tribe travel home in bulk during the festive period if not Igbos? Many of us who traveled home for the Christmas holiday couldn't return back to our base till February, those who did had to sell off valuable properties before they could leave the village. Have we not reciprocated him enough (at least for the burial of Eze gburu gburu Dim Ojukwu). If Goodluck means well for us, then he should shed his Political ambition and pick an Igboman - from Anioma to Obigbo, I don't care, as long as he has Igbo blood flowing in his vein - for Presidency in his place. Afterall all the civilian Presidents that have ruled this country from the days of Balewa have all been hand-picked. Even if fails to do so, then the ball is in our court to ensure that a someone of Igbo extraction emerges as President come 2015. Rochas, Utomi or Anybody that the cap fits.
1million like. GEJ has failed Igbo in my Opinion

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by huptin(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
2cato: Mention any igbo man that will be acceptable to the Yoruba and hawusa and edo people?

Oby Ezekwisili.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: What was an Ijaw man doing in an Igbo gathering, to the extent of disputing the position of the lecturer, to push Jonathan's 2015 dream?
I must say this, even though I do e-bashing against them, I pity Igbo people on their being sidelined. Where did they, one of the three major groups get it wrong to the extent that a minority will be dictating for them?
Spare your tales of woes to whichever nationality you hail from.

Let me shock you and others who think the Igbos are gullible that the level of political maturity taking place in Igboland at the moment is unprecedented.

Political relevance goes beyond noisemaking. At this stage of our national development, everything rises and falls on results. I daresay that the Igbos are gradually building capacity and capital in Jonathan's administration. We are awaiting our opportunity and when it arrives, we shall seize it with both hands.

I believe that it would be more auspicious for the Igbos to garner the requisite experience and exposure overtime so that they would maximally utilise the opportunity for national leadership when the presents itself in the near future.

Were not people who claimed to love the Igbos more than they love themselves not wont to lambasting the Igbos in the past for lacking a unity of purpose as seen by the motley of individuals vying for the ultimate political position?

Now that the Igbos have learnt their lessons and are taking things one step at a time, certain sections of the country who have apparently lost out in the scheme of things or who feel sidelined are hiding behind a supposed consideration of Igbo interest to vent their frustrations and mislead many.

It is pitiable that certain gullible Igbo elements are getting hoodwinked by the subterfuge...
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Chiwude: Which useless 90% will vote for Jonathan. Nwokem speak for your household and not Igbo in general. Let me tell You: the day any major party fields an Igboman for Presidency then you will be shocked to see your paymaster GEJ lose the S/E. Afterall has he - Goodluck - not tasted power? Have the Ijaws nay Niger-Delta minorities not tasted power? What else do they want. Apart from the so called ministerial positon, what else have we gained from GEJ's government. Even in that sector, all we've received are embarrassments from the presidency. The sacking of people like the former minister of Power, Stella Oduah and Festus Odumegwu of the NPC just because some Yoruba's and Kwankwaso wanted them out. Even in the military and paramillitary do we currently have any serving Head of even a division after the unjust sack of Ihejirika. In the economic aspect what have we gained? The Enugu Int'I Airport is not even 50 percent completed. Do we have good Federal roads in the S/E. The Enugu - Onitsha road is the worst in the federation. The Enugu - P/H road which was only given a patch work is now filled with holes as big as a mine field, just as it were before. The Owerri/Aba road - which was part of the original Onitsha - Owerri - Aba road awarded by Obasanjo - was long abandoned, before Rochas started the Owerri section of that road. The Oguta sea port project has been abandoned while the Onitsha port is no better than a glorified warehouse. Even when the FG was siting state for the construction of refineries the S/E was ridiculously bypassed. Non oil states like Kogi and Lagos were chosen ahead of Imo and Abia. What have we gained? Nothing. The only think I think we have gained is being used as a sacrificial lamb for the Goodluck presidency by enemies of Ndigbo. Massacres and killings have been carried out on our people living in the north as revenge against Goodluck - Idiot's who should have channeled their onslaught on the President's kinsmen. Whenever GEJ fails to do anything meaningful, the Yoruba quickly blame us - as if Jonathan is an Igbo. For me, any Igboman that sell us for a pot of porridge is destined for a very big calamity and curse to his lineage. Haven't we supported Goodluck enough? We've supported him even when the chips were down. Despite not antagonistic during the fuel scarcity era, Ndigbo suffered more than other tribes during that period. How many tribe travel home in bulk during the festive period if not Igbos? Many of us who traveled home for the Christmas holiday couldn't return back to our base till February, those who did had to sell off valuable properties before they could leave the village. Have we not reciprocated him enough (at least for the burial of Eze gburu gburu Dim Ojukwu). If Goodluck means well for us, then he should shed his Political ambition and pick an Igboman - from Anioma to Obigbo, I don't care, as long as he has Igbo blood flowing in his vein - for Presidency in his place. Afterall all the civilian Presidents that have ruled this country from the days of Balewa have all been hand-picked. Even if fails to do so, then the ball is in our court to ensure that a someone of Igbo extraction emerges as President come 2015. Rochas, Utomi or Anybody that the cap fits.

Wonderful... I couldn't have said it better.

I have refrained from most topics about GEJ because truthfully and honestly, we really haven't gained much. Most importantly, GEJ has drifted away from my expectation.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
maestroferddi: Spare your tales of woes to whichever nationality you hail from.

Let me shock you and others who think the Igbos are gullible that the level of political maturity taking place in Igboland at the moment is unprecedented.

Political relevance goes beyond noisemaking. At this stage of our national development, everything rises and falls on results. I daresay that the Igbos are gradually building capacity and capital in Jonathan's administration. We are awaiting our opportunity and when it arrives, we shall seize it with both hands.

I believe that it would be more auspicious for the Igbos to garner the requisite experience and exposure overtime so that they would maximally utilise the opportunity for national leadership when the presents itself in the near future.

Were not people who claimed to love the Igbos more than they love themselves not wont to lambasting the Igbos in the past for lacking a unity of purpose as seen by the motley of individuals vying for the ultimate political position?

Now that the Igbos have learnt their lessons and are taking things one step at a time, certain sections of the country who have apparently lost out in the scheme of things or who feel sidelined are hiding behind a supposed consideration of Igbo interest to vent their frustrations and mislead many.

It is pitiable that certain gullible Igbo elements are getting hoodwinked by the subterfuge...
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by gratieao: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
maestroferddi: Spare your tales of woes to whichever nationality you hail from.

Thank u very much! But what we are asking is, what are we going to "gain" by supporting GEJ i.e what's in there for Igbo? We can't continue following that Otueke man as if our life depend on him, for now it seems he has failed us.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Orunto: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
Your laughter is too too too much.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by gratieao: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
manny4life:

Wonderful... I couldn't have said it better.

I have refrained from most topics about GEJ because truthfully and honestly, we really haven't gained much. Most importantly, GEJ has drifted away from my expectation.
Thank u my brother..... That's one of the reason Igbo must be very careful before pitching their tent in 2015. I don't see what's so special in GEJ administration that Igbo will want to die onto his matter. We must tell ourselves the truth, there is no way GEJ will hand over power in 2015 to Igbo

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Nonsense.
Pele!

Got the mojo to shoot down your usual banalities and upside-down reasoning...
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
gratieao:
Thank u my brother..... That's one of the reason Igbo must be very careful before pitching their tent in 2015. I don't see what's so special in GEJ administration that Igbo will want to die onto his matter. We must tell ourselves the truth, there is no way GEJ will hand over power in 2015 to Igbo
honestly that the stupidest thing I have heard in a while. How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
huptin:

Oby Ezekwisili.
. . . the same Oby Ezekwesili that Ndigbo abused for leading the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, saying it's aimed at tarnishing the image of Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Sloan: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Iboland is no man's land, any other part of Nigeria determines how it will be developed, because they are pretty much non-entities in that place. The Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, MB, etc for long have for long determined the fortunes of the unfortunate iboland and ibos for a long time. Alas it is the turn of the Ijaw to come and chop, and give crumbs to the Iboland and people while promising them a pie in the sky! LWTMB! grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by huptin(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=OrlandoOwoh]
. . . the same Oby Ezekwesili that Ndigbo abused for leading the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, saying it's aimed at tarnishing the image of Jonathan?[/qu

He asked for an igbo person that is acceptable to other regions, and franky speaking we both know that that woman is acceptable to every one, afterall those chibok girls are not even from her region and she is working so hard to get them released, We dont need an oracle to tell us that she will be totally detribalised if we vote for her.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
gratieao:
The question should be how the Igbos should position themselves to make the most out of Jonathan's presidency.

Most people shouting for the love of their own voices do, by their utterances and comments, display an utter misreading of political barometer in Nigeria.

Whether we accept it or not, ours is a country made up of disparate nationalities jostling for political relevance. So any quest for an Igbo political ascendancy at any point in time must be situated on the current realities on ground.

Since the return of civil rule in 1999, the unwritten rule was for power to revolve between the south-north divide. Obasanjo rode on the back of northern support to come to power and ultimately complete his 8-year administration. He reciprocated by duly handing over to Yar' Adua/the north.

We all know what transpired afterwards and how Jonathan, a veritable child of circumstance, was thrown up. I really cannot understand the hues and cries from some Igbo folks who have refused to adjust themselves in tandem with current developments.

Jonathan happened and so the practical thing to do is to plan from the status quo.

Besides, I don't see the north waiting for power beyond 2019 after Jonathan might have completed his second tenure.

Going by the foregoing, the most practicable time the Igbos can get the Presidency is in about 12 years, ie 2017.

What we should do in the interregnum is to build bridges across the nations and consolidate our gains in government.

I would rather the Igbos laughed last but end up laughing best. Let us wait for our time so that when it comes we shall set a benchmark for leadership.

I am sure that were the hands of time to be turned, many people from the South West would have preferred serving out their turn later than when Obasanjo held sway.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by size38: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nawa oooo! The Igbos have fallen down the political order in Nigeria. To me, Mr chewas is very right here. GEJ don really use igbo people head. This is because there is no way an Igbo man will succeed GEJ after 2019. Its a fact we all know. Except the igbos will say GEJ has taken their turn with his second tenure. I know Once GEJ's time in office is over, there ends the current romance b/w Igbos and south-south. After 2019, the igbos will abuse GEJ for not being able to install an Igboman as his successor. By then, their eyes will clear that GEJ has no power to install an Igbo man as d president.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2014
[quote author=huptin][/quote]
Apart from her I doubt if Igbo can boast of any person that can sell before other ethnic groups.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
size38: Nawa oooo! The Igbos have fallen down the political order in Nigeria. To me, Mr chewas is very right here. GEJ don really use igbo people head. This is because there is no way an Igbo man will succeed GEJ after 2019. Its a fact we all know. Except the igbos will say GEJ has taken their turn with his second tenure. I know Once GEJ's time in office is over, there ends the current romance b/w Igbos and south-south. After 2019, the igbos will abuse GEJ for not being able to install an Igboman as his successor. By then, their eyes will clear that GEJ has no power to install an Igbo man as d president.
Can you make some logical argument?

The last time I checked, the Igbos, just like any other tribe, do not own Nigeria sui generis. We need others to succeed.

You appear to be stuck in the rut of still thinking we are mired in the days of the military where power was literally flowing from the barrel of guns. Even the so-called northern might has been demystifyied by democratic forces.

We are not desperate for power but are willing to make an obama-like impact when our turn comes.

The Igbos do not need to have any inviolable quid pro quo arrangement with Jonathan. A veritable Igboman does not believe in cutting corners but would rather want to earn his respect and deference. We are not asking for any special favour from Jonathan. All we need is fairness. There is no diffidence: we know what we can do.

It is therefore a grievous insult to suggest that the fortunes of the Igbo nation, known to have been trailblazers in every field of human reckoning, is tied to Jonathan.

We are key investors in the Nigerian project any day, any time.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Apart from her I doubt if Igbo can boast of any person that can sell before other ethnic groups.
You doubt bla bla...

Mister, who are you in the order of things?

Wake me up anytime and I can give you, at least, 1000 Igbos who can match and outdo anyone, any part of the country has to offer.

So cut the crap.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by shizzle11(m): 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
gratieao:
As an igbo man, im not looking forward to that, I rather we position ourselves for the presidency after the north would have had the 8rs after Jonathans 2nd term cool

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2014

Hot words.

Igbo nation is suffering and will still suffer from betrayal. The South South consider the Igbo as a threat to them and will never hand over to the Igbo man. We are still the minority because we do not have friends. The only time the Igbo nation will ever have friends is when a nowhere with the mindset of dominant north is in Power. Though we would be victims but it is not what we have not passed through before. Those who have not will join forces.

Before then, We have to play coward and support GEJ bearing in Mind that it is for our Children and our businesses.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
maestroferddi: You doubt bla bla...

Mister, who are you in the order of things?

Wake me up anytime and I can give you, at least, 1000 Igbos who can match and outdo anyone, any part of the country has to offer.

So cut the crap.
This may be the last attention you will get from me. Bye bye.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
shizzle11: As an igbo man, im not looking forward to that, I rather we position ourselves for the presidency after the north would have had the 8rs after Jonathans 2nd term cool

Thank you.
I don't understand why people think there will be peace of a Southerner rules after gej.
All these Igbo or Yoruba for 2015 is outright war
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by shizzle11(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Thank you.
I don't understand why people think there will be peace of a Southerner rules after gej.
All these Igbo or Yoruba for 2015 is outright war
Its a simple arithmetic, let the north have their turn in 2019 after GEJ, by then the SE would take its turn t lead, shikena

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by EdCure: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
gratieao:
Thank u my brother..... That's one of the reason Igbo must be very careful before... I don't see what's so special in GEJ administration that Igbo will want to die onto his matter. We must tell ourselves the truth, there is no way GEJ will hand over power in 2015 to Igbo

Keep trolling on the social media with curses for GEJ that care only for himself.
I'm not surprised you guys didn't take such childish promise of 2015 handover as an insult on all ibos.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Sunymoore(m): 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dream on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Signposts Fayose Put On Ekiti Highways / Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State / Joyce Banda To Chair COWAP African Women Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.