Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,314 members, 7,780,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:26 PM

2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo (4609 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / 2015, Jonathan's Posters Hit Abuja (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 12:06am On Sep 30, 2014
TribalEAST: This is naija!

na naija we dey o!

do you think other majority tribes will want to vote for an ibo man when you guys go about insulting them? You call the hausas jihardists and backward. The yorubas you call dirty and even claim their land is a no man's land. You guys have burnt all bridges and will soon realize how isolated you are when the ijaws finally finish using the tissue paper. Which tribe would want to vote for secessionists who are known for ethnic bigotry and support for corrupt politicians simply because they hail from their tribe? @bold What gains? 2nd niger invisible bridge? Enugu intl air/seaport? Few political appointments given to individuals who only remember their immediate family? Igbo presidency 2019? Wake up dude!
It is not only naija but Uranus as well! Did it not happen here that a hitherto inconsequential Jonathan ultimately ascended the presidency despite the inexorable opposition from unseen forces hell-bent on thwarting the constitutional provision for a Vice President to emerge as the premier citizen at the death of the President?

Has Jonathan who some naïve folks branded weak and clueless not become a principality overnight that political gladiators from virtually all over the country are falling over themselves to endorse him for a second tenure? So forget about conspiracy theories and false alarms, an idea whose time has come will just prevail.

Real politics and the dynamics of power is not beer parlour banter. Did some of the people demonised Jonathan not go back to him to curry favour when it became clear that he was holding most of the aces.

The Igbos have broken many glass ceilings in Jonathan's administration. We don't expect all the years of marginalisation to be addressed in a jiffy. What is important is that we are gradually reclaiming our pride of place in the equation of things.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Yeske2(m): 12:23am On Sep 30, 2014
maestroferddi: We are in democracy and the rules of engagement is different from what obtained during the military era.

Most of you guys are yet to shed the carry over mentality of the military days.

For you to taste power in a ballot-based democracy, you must ride on the goodwill of other players in the political scene. Whether you accept it or not, Jonathan holds the levers of power at the moment. It will be foolhardy for the Igbos to allow themselves to pander to the whims of enemies who remain envious of the gains the Igbos have made under Jonathan's administration by following an amorphous opposition and end up getting stranded midstream.

And what are the gains the Igbos had made in GEJ's administration? I guess ministerial appointments. I could forgive Igbo politicians who sell Ndigbo for crumbs because of selfish motives but supposedly 'educated Internet savvy' people like you, I give up.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Yeske2(m): 12:26am On Sep 30, 2014
Remarkable: Come on, don't fall for that boy's intentionally selective crap...

Even if GEJ did all the stuff he highlighted, he will still have things to site that GEJ hasn't done in other aspects of socio-economic infrastructure etc...

A fair assessment of the president will be to compare what he has done for other geo-political zones...
The federal roads he has fixed/completed in the SE, is it less than those completed in the SW? SS? NW etc?

it sure would have been good to have a refinery, but was the SE the only zone overlooked in citing a refinery?

There was a thread sometime ago sincere Nigerian opened about the things GEJ has done for the SE, those don't count?

Even if it seems like crumbs, how much did the SE get under past administrations? and isn't APC threatening to keep the SE aside if it gets into power for not supporting it?

if not GEJ, then I ask you, Manny, who then?
Mention one federal road that has been completed in the SE under GEJ.
The Yorubas and Hausas still gunning for the presidency even after having shots at it but Ndigbo waiting for an Ijaw man to 'dash' them.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Dibiachukwu: 3:49am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:29am On Sep 30, 2014
Chiwude: Where did you here this one from. If you read my post very well, I did'nt mention a minority party but a major party picking an Igbo son as their Presidential flag bearer. Pat never understood politics back then, that was why he kept contesting under a party with no political structure. It was evident that ADC - even if election was contested every year - would struggle to win a councillorship ward. So tell me why he would be taken seriously by his kinsmen. Ndigbo throwing their weight behind him would have been a waste of efforts and resources, like pouring water on a stone. But now, I think he is in a better position to garner Igbo support. Having learnt from his past mistakes and switched to APC, Utomi is in a better position to upset the apple cart - to lead in the battle for Igbo support - that is if he plays the politics well in the opposition's party's caucus. However, he faces a big challenge in the person of Rochas - who controls a large stake, followership and support in APC. Also, you mentioned that Igbo sons in APC are called Islamist by folks from the east. Are you aware that the vocal minority tend to speak louder than the majority. Boko Haram apologist for instance are a very good example of how a vocal minority can turn public opinion towards their favour. Is Ogbonna Onu called an Islamist? No. Is Utomi called an Islamist? No. You may ask why? These folks unlike Rochas, Ngige and Amaechi are not a force to reckon with politically in the region. There are not seen as a threat. But the three political heavyweight I mentioned are gladiators when it comes to Eastern politics. They can cause upset even when the chips are down. With a cult followership they can always win votes in difficult terrains. Rochas for instance causes panic to his political opponent in any election he his fielded. Check the man antecedent and you will understand what I am saying. He won the PDP primary ticket for Governorship of Imo in 1999 n but lost it under some fishy circmstances to his kinsman from Orlu zone. In the 2007 elections where Yar'adua emerge as the PDP Presidential flag bearer, Rochas came 2nd - this was even skewed to favour the former as it was zoned to the north. Recently, in 2011, Nigeria were witness to how Rochas with the backing of Ndimo upstaged the gang up of political hawks in the state to defeat an incumbent PDP governor. Now tell me, if you are in the shoes of his paid opponents knowing his - antecedent - and plans to contest for President will you sit down and fold your hands? The only way to go about twarting his political ambition is to label him an Islamist.
It's people like you that made T. Y. Danjuma say that Ndigbo should put their house in order.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:33am On Sep 30, 2014
Remarkable:
Did Ogundepe flee? Yes or no?

Did Obj. (at the sound of bullets, jump into his jeep and) flee action during the war? Yes or no?

Did your dead scorpion enter the centre of Igboland (and upon the sight of real men, zip his big mouth and tuck his tail between his legs and) flee battle during the war? Yes or no?

How is showing you that you have cowards in 100% of the Yoruba male population amount to ... what you've dubbed chest-beatin gattitude?

What level of education do you have? AFE? Awo Free Education? take your certificate and wipe your behind next time you go to the loo... (no insult intended).
mumus as u are incoherent as ever!

The same black scorpion who destroyed u?

U see, whenever u wish to bring up an argument, dnt bring up bits of hearsays as reported by your ever biased journalists!

Any report that has more than 3 sides of it's story is bullshitt and total crap! Pure adulterated piece of tirade!

Let's play a game: u will see that u will agree and the world too will agree..

Did black scorpion run?
* with this question, u will get different report...so, it's subjected to how you wanted to view it..

2. Did ojukwu run away?
* the answer will be coherent all over the world!

3. Did he run in a male's cloth to iran?
* this answer too will be the same: No! He ran in a female's cloth to ivory cost.

The only incoherent answers will be if I ask which type of cloth...cheesy grin grin
Some will say ankara, others will say skirt and blouse and others can say anything they view in their heads grin grin

Another one that will cause controversy is: did he shave his lice-infested beard? grin grin lol

Dude, go and rest, u have no brain. And if you actually did pay for this your education and still sound stupid, pls sue your schools and ask for a refund grin they have failed you! grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by shizzle11(m): 6:46am On Sep 30, 2014
maestroferddi: The way some people reason is shocking to say the least.

What do you say to folks that still harbour 1960s mentality in 2014. Democratic culture is growing in Nigeria: the paradigms are changing in such a fast pace.
We cant all reason the same way cos that will portend danger, hope you know that?

Yes democracy is evolving in Nigeria and 1960 isn't 2014, however that does not tale away the fact that certain indices must always be considered
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by shizzle11(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2014
TribalEAST: Who and who has been ruling the country since independence?
North-38yrs, West-11yrs, East-6months

Who and who has benefited more from Nigeria's politics in terms of development?
North and west

you call them boko haram....you laugh at their calamity in the hands of BH...you call them jihardists...you say their region is backward etc
Who will i call boko haram before? or who are the bokoharam or jihadists is it igbos that are jihadists? they are very backward especially academically. The only people that laugh at others calamity are yorubas who laugh at igbos calamity in the north, stop the hypocrisy. Or do you call the progress in ending of insurgency in the north as laughing at calamity?

can anyone ever be satisfied after tasting power? Ask GEJ spoiled it for minorities by shielding corrupt politicians, rendering EFCC useless, dividing the nation along ethnic lines, using insurgency to his own advantage, dining with enemies of nigeria(ali modu sheriff), missing 20billion, fuel subsidy, chibok girls, $9.3million dollar money laundering etc
.No, no one can ever be satisfied after tasting power, ask buhari. EFCC may not be doing its best fighting corruption but not uselessThe insurgency and chibok girls issue are a creationn of the enemies of Nigeria, so how does GEJ seek to profit from it, the hausas divided the country along religious lines when they threatened to make the country ungovernable which is happening now. The FG said the 9.3billion was meant for buying arms, can you prove to us it money laundering

Yes, some of those offenses where also committed by past presidents, but they were from major tribes who had the power to bring back their relevance. Can ijaw do same? Even with igbo support, they might lose in 2015beware of the hausa-fulani.
All of them and not some. I dont why some of you think the entire hausa-fulani are against Jonathan and i need to remind you again that the whole north isn't just hausa fulani. I will rather trust a hausa man than persons from another region
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 30, 2014
maestroferddi: It is not only naija but Uranus as well! Did it not happen here that a hitherto inconsequential Jonathan ultimately ascended the presidency despite the inexorable opposition from unseen forces hell-bent on thwarting the constitutional provision for a Vice President to emerge as the premier citizen at the death of the President?
you don't get it do you? Jonathan was a mistake that both major tribes have realize and are ready to push out
maestroferddi:
Has Jonathan who some naïve folks branded weak and clueless not become a principality overnight that political gladiators from virtually all over the country are falling over themselves to endorse him for a second tenure? So forget about conspiracy theories and false alarms, an idea whose time has come will just prevail.
those endorsing him are PDP members who have no choice. Look at the weight of the opposition.

maestroferddi:
Real politics and the dynamics of power is not beer parlour banter. Did some of the people demonised Jonathan not go back to him to curry favour when it became clear that he was holding most of the aces.
how many of them? FFK, ikimi etc? Compare that to the amount of governors and. Individuals that left his camp to the opposition.
maestroferddi:
The Igbos have broken many glass ceilings in Jonathan's administration. We don't expect all the years of marginalisation to be addressed in a jiffy. What is important is that we are gradually reclaiming our pride of place in the equation of things.
...by queuing behind an ijaw man? Is that why you have told all your sons to drop their ambition because of a minority ijaw man? Alliance with ijaw nation is just a weak bridge but you guys have failed to realize it that is why you go about insulting the major tribes. In a matter of time, you'll realize that the ijaws are not your friends cos they'll certainly use and dump you guys just thesame way other tribes have done.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2014
maestroferddi: It is not only naija but Uranus as well! Did it not happen here that a hitherto inconsequential Jonathan ultimately ascended the presidency despite the inexorable opposition from unseen forces hell-bent on thwarting the constitutional provision for a Vice President to emerge as the premier citizen at the death of the President?

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2014
Yeske2: And what are the gains the Igbos had made in GEJ's administration? I guess ministerial appointments. I could forgive Igbo politicians who sell Ndigbo for crumbs because of selfish motives but supposedly 'educated Internet savvy' people like you, I give up.
Are you insistent on subsisting in utopia or are you keen to face facts?

The germaine question you should ask yourself is how were the Igbos faring in previous administrations prior to Jonathan's emergence. Did we not witness the systematic divide and rule tactic used by the likes of Obasanjo to scuttle Igbo political unity and progress? Have we forgotten so fast that the Igbos were forbidden from holding certain key positions in government but instead were given "Otimkpu" portfolios?

Jonathan is not an Igboman so it is unrealistic to expect him to solve all the problems brought about by years of neglect of the Igbos within a single tenure.

Forget all the noise people are making. It is still the same people begrudging and demonising the Igbos for being central to Jonathan's government.

My brother don't be deceived. Jonathan should do more for the Igbos but he has been, at least, fair to us.

Ask yourself why Boko Haram sympathisers have been venting their frustrations on us...

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Yeske2(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2014
^^^^^
The pertinent question is what's wrong if Ndigbo pick one of their own and support? Why must it be GEJ? Are we telling Nigerians that we don't have capable intellectuals in our midst? Even if GEJ has turned the SE to an El Dorado as you want me to believe, why can't we send one of our own to Aso Rock?
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2014
TribalEAST: you don't get it do you? Jonathan was a mistake that both major tribes have realize and are ready to push out
those endorsing him are PDP members who have no choice. Look at the weight of the opposition.

how many of them? FFK, ikimi etc? Compare that to the amount of governors and. Individuals that left his camp to the opposition.
...by queuing behind an ijaw man? Is that why you have told all your sons to drop their ambition because of a minority ijaw man? Alliance with ijaw nation is just a weak bridge but you guys have failed to realize it that is why you go about insulting the major tribes. In a matter of time, you'll realize that the ijaws are not your friends cos they'll certainly use and dump you guys just thesame way other tribes have done.
I wonder how you are viewing things.

Which opposition are you talking about when current realities suggest that Jonathan would be easily re-elected next year?

Nwokem, I will not subscribe to the idea of having Igbos on the wrong side of history. The Yorubas have had their turn on the exalted seat so we shouldn't follow them sheepishly in an opposition party that has no agenda for the emancipation of the Igbos.

The rest of Nigeria has been exploiting the failed Biafran experiment to balkanise the former Eastern Region. Now that the Igbos have demonstrably shown that they are not against the political well-being of their brothers in the rest of the region, posterity will stand them in a good stead to reap the dividends of the above gesture.

Forget it because the agents of division are not happy that the Igbos have addressed one of the key problems militating against political ascendancy in the past.

Which major tribes are you talking about? This is politics, my friend, where only permanent interest subsist. Let an Igboman become President tomorrow and you will see how the rest of Nigeria would be eulogising the Igbos.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by maestroferddi: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2014
Yeske2: ^^^^^
The pertinent question is what's wrong if Ndigbo pick one of their own and support? Why must it be GEJ? Are we telling Nigerians that we don't have capable intellectuals in our midst? Even if GEJ has turned the SE to an El Dorado as you want me to believe, why can't we send one of our own to Aso Rock?
We have followed that route before and it never paid us.

Truth be told, the present situation/circumstance does not bode well for the emergence of a president of Igbo extraction.

Our enemies want us to go back to the previous practice of beating the air only to lose out when the chips are down.

I personally believe it is strategic thinking to save our resources now while making key advancements so that at the opportune time our charge to the top job would yield desired result/success.

We don't need an El Dorado. We only need to keep building capacity and progress in Igboland so that when our chance comes, we shall be leaving an indelible mark in the sands of time.

Obasanjo was president for eight years. What did he achieve for the South West? Other things being equal, it will take donkey years for the Yorubas to have another bite at the cherry.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Lordlexyy: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Remarkable: I agree with your comment, but wanna ask you about not ever producing the president (Igbos, that is)....

Do you think that Igbos will suffer or be facing hardship or there will be some sort of negative repecussions if Igbos do not become President in the future
?
Negative. But that will amount to sidelining yourself from certain decisions taken at the centre, decisions or issues that may rob positively on the region. Also, it could amount to generalise perception that the Igbos are never fit or untrusted to assume that level of leadership. It is a psychological feeling that may hunt generation unborn.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by pazienza(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Mikeansy. I was impressed by your posts here, and to think that you were the most vocal anti GEJ Igbo guy in NL in 2010 and early 2011, i must say,you have come a long way, you can now see what most of us saw. Good job handling Lordlexy too, jide ka iji.

maestroferddi. I saw your posts too, nice perspective you have there bro, any Igbo that can't see that GEJ isn't ideal but still is our best option for now,still has a long way to go. He isn't an Ijaw man,but Ijaws had adopted him, we can do the same.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo by Dreambeat: 10:25am On Oct 15, 2014
Ndi'Igbo may not be getting the best of what she deserves.I must say that we will continue to fight and clamor for the best.However going by history,I believe that right now there is no better alternative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rumour:b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News!!! 21 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP. / Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) / North Korea's New Stunning Airport Puts American To Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.