Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Loosing Faith... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Loosing Faith... (610 Views)

Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loosing Faith... by leLabyrinthe: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2014
I started loosing faith in religion, it teachings a decade ago..I am currently in a position where I don't believe in any spiritual teachings about creation neither do I believe in evolution...accepting we might never know all the answers.
I find myself in a crazy situation as no one in my family or friends know about this, so I still associate with religion and live a lie. I believe coming out clean will cause more harm than good. It's just that I wonder how long I'll continue pretending, what will I tell my future spouse and what will I teach my kids?!! How will I convincingly teach them a lie?
I don't know how many people out there are in the same position...please how are you coping? Sitting down every week and listening to some tales to prevent chaos and unnecessary dramas.
I am really tired and this mask is wearing me off sad cry
Re: Loosing Faith... by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
What do you believe?
Re: Loosing Faith... by Pr0ton: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
I have the same issue.. Just that I don't give it a lot of worries.

I live a lie in religion grin I'll not be going to church if not for my parents.

And yes, my parents know about it. My dad is a pastor in one of our branches! grin I'm a keyboardist. I used to play in our headquater, but the G.O stopped me when he learnt I was an atheist! He's still expecting me to change. The choir needs me badly. My parents, mum especially, know no matter amount of preachings can change me. My G.O thinks the same, because when he had a discussion with me he was shocked about my knowledge of the Bible! I know than him! I even went ahead to show in some flaws in his doctrines! I can't change! Well.. Only God can if He exists.

And my future?... It's not a problem at all, though little is likely.

My current problem is my mum. I don't like the way she cries when advising me to turn to God. She thinks that'll make me have a second thought. But the more she cries, the more I hate my church angry

Where's BH?!

1 Like

Re: Loosing Faith... by leLabyrinthe: 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pr0ton: I have the same issue.. Just that I don't give it a lot of worries.

I live a lie in religion grin I'll not be going to church if not for my parents.

And yes, my parents know about it. My dad is a pastor in one of our branches! grin I'm a keyboardist. I used to play in our headquater, but the G.O stopped me when he learnt I was an atheist! He's still expecting me to change. The choir needs me badly. My parents, mum especially, know no matter amount of preachings can change me. My G.O thinks the same, because when he had a discussion with me he was shocked about my knowledge of the Bible! I know than him! I even went ahead to show in some flaws in his doctrines! I can't change! Well.. Only God can if He exists.

And my future?... It's not a problem at all, though little is likely.

My current problem is my mum. I don't like the way she cries when advising me to turn to God. She thinks that'll make me have a second thought. But the more she cries, the more I hate my church angry

Where's BH?!

Wow, this is what I'm trying to avoid! My mum will be devastated, it will just too much to put her through that at the same time my hypocrisy is messing my head up

Meanwhile I laughed a little at the idea of 'an atheist chorister' smiley.
Re: Loosing Faith... by Pr0ton: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
leLabyrinthe:

Wow, this is what I'm trying to avoid! My mum will be devastated, it will just too much to put her through that at the same time my hypocrisy is messing my head up

Act wise then.. Know when (the right time) to disclose it.

Meanwhile I laughed a little at the idea of 'an atheist chorister' smiley.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Masturbation Is A Sin!!! / Ll / What Do Pastor Mean By This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.