Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:59 PM

Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" (6612 Views)

Exclusive Photos Of JAMB CBT Center As Candidates Sweat It Out!!! / Download Full Jamb Book: The Last Days At Forcados High School / Jamb 2015: Win A Copy Of The Last Days At Forcados College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by Appswheel(m): 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
[img]http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/the-last-days-at-forcados-college.png[/img]

The last days at Forcados College is the official literature text for JAMB 2015.

DESCRIPTION
Genre: Teen Fiction

ISBN: 978-0718157807
No of Pages: 89
Size: 130 x 198 mm
Publication Date: 30th September 2013
Publishers: Cassava Republic

The Last Days at Forcados High tells the story of Jimi Solade, the most popular boy at the elite Forcados High School. As he begins his final year in senior secondary together with his friends, the sweet-hearted and devout Nene and Ansa, the nerdy art genius, he’s determined it’s going to be his best year yet. But Jimi’s rogue brother, Wole, is back – which means trouble can’t be far behind. Then there’s Efua, the beautiful and mysterious new girl in class who seems to have no time for boys – including Jimi. But when Jimi’s mother falls ill, he realizes that things are about to change - and not necessarily in a good way.

A funny and honest book about self-discovery, family, friendship, tolerance and the highs and lows of life as a modern Nigerian teenager. Told in straightforward language, A.H. Mohammed never talks down to readers. Instead, Last Days stands out with its realistic situations, original characters and deft storytelling. It is at once entertaining and deadly serious, tackling a range of difficult issues including drug abuse, discrimination and loss, with intelligence and great writing.

AUTHOR
Abayomi Hanif Mohammed was born in Lagos, Nigeria. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Lagos and is currently a junior resident doctor at Lagos University Teaching Hospital. The Last Days at Forcados High is his first book.

REVIEWS

The last day at Forcados College thought a very valuable lesson. It reveals the disconnect between teachers and their students. It is thoroughly enjoyable; readers can relate with the story. - Tunde Femi

Chapters Summary

Major Characters are in asterisks

CHARACTERS

*Jimi Solade
*Coker Efua
*Nene Ekpo
*Ansa Izaegbegbe
*Wole Solade
Seyi Lawal
Mr Mallum
Caro
Mama Sillifat
Mrs Alli
Riskat
Uncle Shola
Uncle Kazeem
Femi Solade
Fumi Coker
Moni
Mrs Obange
Red-face
Mr Vann
Ms. Agbenenovi
Mr. Salami
Joke
Jide
Icheen
Mr Edet
Aunty Memunat
Aunty Omotunde
Eze
Samu

A BRIEF OVERVIEW - CHAPTER BASED

1. Jimi Solade waywards brother Wole is back to the house; a night before Jimi’s resumption from the Summer holidays.

2. First day at school after the summer holidays at Forcados High School

3. Coker Efua, the new beautiful ‘Mysterious’ girl, resumes at Forcados College

4. Jimi Solade joined his brother to a bar – drinks alcohol.

5. Efua Cokers is the subject at Forcados College. Jimi Solade having a crush for the new girl; she is not paying him attention. What becomes of Caro – Jimi’s girlfriend? Will he abandon her for Efua. Find out this and more by obtaining a copy of The last days at Forcados College

6. Coker pays Nene a visit.

7. Ms Agbenenovi, a youth corp member resumes her primary assignment at Forcados College.

8. End of term activities at Forcados College.

9. A bleak moment for Jimi and his family. Mrs Solade diagnosed of Cancer.

10. Jimi finally gets some attention from Coker Efua. How did it happen? Find out from Chapter 10 of The Last days at Forcados College

11. Mrs Solade Dies of Cancer.

12. Mr Solade travels abroad, leaving Jimi and his brother Wole alone in the house.

13. Nene get jealous of the attention Efua seems to get from Jimi and her visible acts of concerns towardsJimi

14. A controversial entry in Efua diary subjects her and her favourite teacher “Novi” to scrutiny.

15. Efua gets a one week suspension from the Forcados College and Corper Novi redeployed

16. Nene visits Efua in the hospital. Begs for her forgiveness. In the process of reconciliation, Efua reveals the genesis of her hatred for boys.

17. Jimi moves out of Ansa resident over their arguments over Jimi’s ill treatment towards Efua.

18. Forcados Chemistry lab broken into.

19. Jimi Solade takes responsibility for the missing lab equipment. Efua stands by Jimi in his trying moments; she repaid his hostility and judgmental attitude towards her with love, good judgment. Ansa brushes his nervousness aside for once, “It can’t be Jimi”, he ‘roared’.

20. Jimi passed his final year exams in flying colours, gets a scholarship to study Electrical Engineering. Receives a letter from Efua. -----End.

Chapter One

It was early in the morning and still dark when Jimi Solade woke up to someone shaking him roughly. He groaned and mumbled to himself, half asleep.

‘Jimi!’ He jerked fully awake at the sound of that familiar voice, it was is his brother.

‘Wole!’ Jimi said in surprise.

‘Yes , it’s me’ and his brother smiled in a way that showed only his upper teeth.

‘Man! What…?’ Jimi began. They stared at each other, delighted.

‘No greeting , little bro?’ Wole smiled again.

‘Sorry, but does anyone know you’re here? Does Daddy…?’ Jimi did not complete the sentence; instead he embraced his brother tightly,’I’ve missed you!’

Wole was thinner. Jimi could feel it.

‘Mum knows I’m here,” Wole said. He too did not mention their father. Just then, the alarm clock sounded. It was time for Jimi to get up, and he released his brother.

‘Go on, get ready for school,’ Wole said, stretching on the bed. ‘At least you seem happy to see me.’ He looked round the room at the carelessly flung shirts, jeans and boxer shorts over the chair, to the poster of the Manchester United football team on the wall above Jimi’s bed. A typical boy’s room. Another worn-out poster of Tupac Shakur was pasted on the opposite wall.

‘I didn’t remove it even though it’s an eyesore,’ Jimi said, grinning. ‘Everything’s is just as you left it.’

Wole squeezed Jimi’s arm lightly. He picked up something on the bedside table beside Jimi’s music CDs, chemistry and mathematics textbooks. ‘Man, this is some watch. Must have cost a mountain. You always get all the nicest things, why…?’

‘Wole, don’t touch my watch.’

‘What’s your problem? Can’t look at a watch?’

‘I’m sorry bro,’ Jimi muttered. ‘I’m glad to see you back – really – but,, you know…’

‘My cute, spoiled little brother… You grow taller every time I see you.’ Wole got up walked towards the door. ‘Don’t worry about the old bear. Better get ready for school. Er- I took some cash from your drawers, hope you don’t mind.

Sighing, Jimi plodded to the bathroom. Trust his brother to always collect things, but he was happy he was back. It was a new day and the beginning of his final school year. Like his brother, he was as tall and long-limbed as an athlete, though, unlike his brother, he had dimples when he smiled. He was sixteen years old and he was already sprouting a beard. He flexed his right arm noting that he had developed muscles. Good.

He whistled as he took his shower, refusing to think about the morning’s surprise. The reason why was long story; too long to think about on a brand new day.

ORDER BOOK

If you have read the book, kindly leave your review as comments to this post.

1 Like

Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by plento(m): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice 1.
Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by Aghanel(m): 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
I will be bak 2 edit my comment whenever this Thread maks it 2 d Frontpage....in other news,nice one OP
Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by mrpackager(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
I HOPE DIZ MAK FRNT PAGE OH!!!!!!

JAMB TINZ AGAIN
Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by yesboss20(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
The book is a very good read, very well written too. Kudos to A. H. Mohammed for a great job done. I strongly recommend this for both young and old.

1 Like

Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by Lincoln94(m): 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Space reservation
Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by charlisco(m): 2:04am On Nov 21, 2014
continue reading here
Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by JayEye(m): 7:39am On Nov 21, 2014
Am not writing Jamb but i just decided to read it and I must say it was a good read.

Somewhere up there...OP, you said the book is Teen Fiction but as for me I did not see any fictional scene or character while reading the book.
Could you tell me why they said its fiction?
Re: Review Of JAMB 2015 Literature Here, "The Last Days At Forcados College" by cynthy2000: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2016
A full and comprehensive chapter by chapter summary can be found here > http://campusportalng.com/education/the-last-days-at-forcados-high-school-summary/32040/

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Hard To Gain Admission To University Here In Nigeria? / Help: My Fellow Guy Wants To Sleep With Because Of This / Sanwo-Olu Reconstitutes Governing Council Of LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.