Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola (9309 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by toxnaija: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2008
My dear fellow Nigerians and friends of Nigeria,

I am using this medium to request for proposals on the Lagos megacity project.Governor Fashola can not do it alone.He needs your support and contributions to make Lagos Africa's first megacity.I promise that he would put all brilliant ideas into use.I have been compiling so many proposals for him.Your proposal can come with designs,presentation imagery or satellite imagery.It must be full of practical,feasible and understandable ideas.Instead of abusing government,let us use the energy to think hard and come up with ideas that would change Lagos for the better.Let the ideas flow.It could be on Lagos metro-rail,Decongesting Lagos,Reducing Pollution,Security,BRT,or any topic that would turn around Lagos.If your proposal is too large for this medium,I can arrange for a one-on-one presentation.Thanks.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2008
You get mouth, you remember you told me the same story. You do not know fashola my brother. na mouth you get. Ok email me at nigeriamail@hotmail.com i will help you,

To help fashola or even Yar Adua. The G20 is going to have a meeting in DC next week and Obama is going to be there Nigeria and lagos should have people there to lobby.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2008
If you claim you know fashola, Then tell him, in Yoruba,     nkan ti mo re ninu satellite pictures enu can't says. Now for all yoruba elder time to la ti lo si ile ti benin,    Oro po ni nu iwe kobo. owo ti ani, omo omo wa, ma ma nu titi lailai.

pictures le pe , sogbon owo lailai lo wa be.  Oro po ni nu iwe kobo.

My yoruba written is not perfect.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2008
Tell him to first build the human element in the people and then the people will build the common destiny in our culture which in turn will build the prosperity of the land which then can accomodate the project to build multiple mega cities that can compare at western standards.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2008
Oro ti mo so, owo epo kekere ni le gbe e. E je aju Epo won fun won. we do not need their oil.  God would take care of us. sogbon Oro po ni nu iwe kobo lo ri satellite picture ti mo ni.

fashola, fashola fashola how may times have I called the name. meta,  eje aloba omo baba wan ni ile benin. That were God want us .

Our story is like a people who do not have vision. we now sit down collecting oil welfare. Let us let the north have the oil with the Igbos and we leave. Why are we Yorubas greed. let leave the oil for this people. To take care of themself. God would take care of us. Sogbon oro po ni inu iwe kobo, ti ti lailai lo wo omo ma owo wole ti aba kuro ni naija , ti asi bo si benin.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by goldenval(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2008
@Nigeria, na wa oh ooo, i just dey laugh here with your post, take am easy oh oooo, cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by toxnaija: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
Nigeria1,
I take exception to the statement about "getting mouth".Please dont discourage people.I am begging you not to turn this thread into an avenue for verbal assault.I remember all the altercations between you and Dr.Kitaun.Check what midas02 has been doing on the thread Building mass transit in Lagos.His presentation has been seen by Gov.Fashola.You need to believe in the system before it can work for you.If you have any brilliant idea for him,I can bet it on my life that it would be put into use immediately by BRF.I want your presentation on this thread so that others will assess it before I pass it across to BRF.Please always write in English as I couldnt get your Yoruba very well.Eko o ni baje ooo!
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ post

listen my friend stop foolin urself, if fashola is for real, i think he knows what to do, if he dnt know, tell him to step aside and let me build furturistic mega structure

and if that dnt do for u, tell him to employ adviser in walkin

adviser in eatin

adviser in neigotiation etc
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2008
toxnaija , you remember you promises contract na , joking but you claim you know fashola,  You said fashola will call me abi, if I remember, I was laughing that day,  He never call me na. So i know you do not know him, 

What I said in Yoruba. Do you know what yoruba call Arodon. It is not everything I have to say in english. For you and fashola and other yoruba leaders. E je ka kuro ni ile ti awa. Ki abo si ile ajase. omo oduduwa ni mi, mi o le tan yinje. E labe ti aba bo si ile ajase. Ipe Olorun fe je ka wa.  Ko se everything la ma so lore internet. Sogbon oro po ni iwe kobo.

Fashola owo to gba fun eko lo wo ejo ba abapo, 1% Ti owo ti oma re, ti aba bo si ile ajase. ko se ti anu, O ni kinikan ti mo re ni pictures ti mo fi wonyi .

If you do not get that, call my cell phone (01) 416 904 5008  , Just call me,  I would tell you what,
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by KnowAll(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2008
I will suggest lagos state should move its capital from Ikeja to Epe. This will discongestion lagos metropolis and develop other areas of the state. I am not sure whether states have the authority to do this. Ikeja was made capital of lagos state when it was a distance place from lagos island and was less develop in 1976. But today it is all one big metropolis. Its always good for the state capital to be in a semi-rural area rather than in an urban area. Not a lot people know the capital of California is Sacremento, one would have thought it was LA or San francesco. I think Ikeja as a state capital has pass its sell buy date.l
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 12:31am On Nov 12, 2008
toxnija please give me your mail. I want to send you an important email.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by toxnaija: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2008
Nigeria1,

if you have any proposal to send,please make it public on this thread for assessment by the public.I will copy it after the assessment and send it to the governor.That is how I operate.If you still doubt me,then get in touch with midas02 on the thread Building a mass transit for Lagos(Metro-rail).
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2008
nice I saw the metro line thread. but you people and fashola do not have to waste your time. There is already a plan design. And I can help you get the origin plan for the metro line for lagos. My former boss design it. And was also in charge of the metro line system before the military cancel it. He was in jakande government.

I can help you get the plan. But I advice you from seen that picture to forget the Island in your design. Iddo should be the end. i could be able to get a company to build it.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by olanajim(m): 8:20am On Nov 14, 2008
Can this thread be real?
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by blackspade(m): 12:58am On Nov 15, 2008
I'm very interested in this, in part because I'm about to declare my major in civil engineering next spring. Who can I directly contact to send in my proposal, and what does this project consist of? Major reconstruction of Lagos, or a whole new city?
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 2:15am On Nov 15, 2008
Haba people. . . . . lets assume the poster doesn't know Fashola, whats wrong in at least just stating your own contribution to the Lagos Megacity project. . . at least let it be in the public space.
I learnt a lot from midas02 posting.
This is supposed to be a thread for intelligent minds. . . . so let the pessimists move over.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 2:37am On Nov 15, 2008
something is wrong in posting a proposal here for fashola,  if he knows fashola,  he give fasola number,  the number he gave before says this number is not found on the network. i posted yar adua email the other time,   look if fashola want to meet the premier of canada,  i can link him,  this no be joke,  We live abroad and live with white people. they know people, who know people, who know people. 

Or if he want anything with company by the time ,  you call that person , and that person call 4 people. we go get answer. there are more than 2000 nigeria lawyer in this north america. i believe we should trade with them instead of china, who sell fake product,  and because there is many nigeria lawyers,  walahi, if they dump you,  we go help you sue them to court,  and product and service is far far better than what china has,  it would last longer. only japan can claim better than them,  and we should use this to help obama, 

any help i can offer,  i would be willing to help to  re design the city and getting oyinbo interested to build and own it.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 2:45am On Nov 15, 2008
the true is we have developer. i know some who know a big time developer,  is fashola really to commit big to developing of lagos,  if he want to,  i can get 10 developers,  (01) 416 904 5008. my idea for mega lagos covers ogun states. The problem is the issue of payment. we need to have a credit rating system like the one here, And honestly use the bank to collect.

Like i say. i know someone, who if i get, if he grant anything here. to God it is granted in heaven, but do you people think that fashola can be trusted. me, i do not know him, With obasanjo you know the old man, where he stand on all issue. and who know when to keep quiet. I think i can help fashola, But i no dey party politics.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2008
Lagos targets 2011 completion date for light rail project
By Tunde Alao

Barring any hitch, the planned Light project embarked upon by the Lagos state government would commence full operation. In what the government described as "a strategic Lagos Urban Rail Network (LURN), which comprised of seven Light rail mass transit corridors, has commenced action on the project with 2011 as the completion date

Unfolding the technical details of the project last week in Alausa, the state governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola listed the seven corridors as Agbado-Marina, Okokomaiko-Marina, Marina-Lekki, Airport- Otto, MMA- Iddo, Redemption Camp-Ojo, and Mil-12 Marina corridors.

According to Fashola, two International consulting firms, Messrs Dar al handasah and Messrs CPCS Transcom, have been engaged to provide Public Private Partnership (PPP), transaction advisory services leading to the award of design build contracts for the railway infrastructure and operation-maintenance concession for the project.

Fashola said Lagos government will directly finance the design and construction of the railway infrastructure for both lines - Blue line and Red Line - while the Lagos Area Metropolitan Transportation Agency, LAMATA would overseen it.

However, private sector will be responsible for the acquisition of the rolling stock, operations and maintenance.

The capital costs are as follows; Okokomaiko-Iddo ($582m); Iddo-Marina ($215m), Agbado- Iddo ($402m).

The concession for the Blue Line is expected to invest an initial amount of $271million, noting that the total investment of the over 25 years period of the concession would be about $820 million with an economic Internal Rate of Return (IRR), of about 22 percent.

Urging both local and foreign investors to take full advantage of the opportunities as the project would act as a catalyst for the investment promotion, economic growth and social development, particularly making central Lagos easily accessible.

The governor noted that the benefits of developing the rail lines include the demand for housing in the metropolitan Lagos, which is expected to be shifted to the suburbs, travel time journeys by private vehicles from Lagos Mainland to the Island, would also be drastically reduced. "Besides, new towns will evolved leading to the creation of sustainable jobs and employment opportunities, he said, adding that vehicular emissions and air pollution resulting from traffic congestion would reduced drastically and contribute to a cleaner environment.

Apart from the capacity to move a greater number of people, rail transport is twice as efficient as travel by car. It reduces operational costs and consequently, tariff paid by the commuting public, said Fashola.

The action plan for implementation of the project are as follows; conceptual design/preliminary engineering for tracks, civil works and stations, (completed) in August 2008, while the construction proper which commenced in October 2008 will be completed by September, 2011. Design and construction of the stations would commence in March, 2009, and would be completed in August 2011, while concession preparation would commence in October 2009, and completed in November 2011with Operation of service proper commencing by December,2011.

@ poster

Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 12:59am On Nov 17, 2008
According to Fashola, two International consulting firms, Messrs Dar al handasah and Messrs CPCS Transcom, have been engaged to provide Public Private Partnership (PPP), transaction advisory services leading to the award of design build contracts for the railway infrastructure and operation-maintenance concession for the project.

Fashola said Lagos government will directly finance the design and construction of the railway infrastructure for both lines - Blue line and Red Line - while the Lagos Area Metropolitan Transportation Agency, LAMATA would overseen it.

However, private sector will be responsible for the acquisition of the rolling stock, operations and maintenance.

The capital costs are as follows; Okokomaiko-Iddo ($582m); Iddo-Marina ($215m), Agbado- Iddo ($402m).

The concession for the Blue Line is expected to invest an initial amount of $271million, noting that the total investment of the over 25 years period of the concession would be about $820 million with an economic Internal Rate of Return (IRR), of about 22 percent.

Is this a true story,  or you are making it up. You know me I have something to say, 

So have they award the contract or what, i don't get you, And have they started. like I said I can help them get developer with big money, they should call my cell phone, I do not lie. no 419, God is on my side.

toxnaija when i was younger my parent use to sing a song that it is not good for someone to eat and go clear the plate alone. Toxnaija you better quickly call me .
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by toxnaija: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2008
blackspade/olanajim/PapaBrowne,
thanks so much for believing in me.Sincerely,if you want to get BRF to see your proposals and my own inputs,please send it to this thread for public scrutiny.I will copy it and send it to him.He will surely call me for a chat on your proposal.He has been very busy on so many proposals.If I looked at Nigeria1's comments,I wouldnt want to continue.I dont know why some of us never appreciate success and selflessness.I can afford to keep quiet and be making money quietly.With pessimists I dont see us moving far.On the number Nigeria1,Inever gave out Brf's number.He gave out the MTN line himself.It is not easy to get any governor on the phone but some of us are privileged to contact the selfless ones.If you want to make Nigeria great again,let us start now.Please stop discouraging others if you are not ready.All proposals must have an element of selflessness i.e. money-making should not be your priority.Thank you.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2008
send me ur private email here please, got some buzness to talk about, got nothing to do with patent nairaland

chinedu1234@aol.com
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by oderemo(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
so fashola has ideas, lets start from basics pls. like constant elctricity, clean water to all households, basic housing 4 every lagosians, good roads, pls let him go to egbeda or ikotun, good schools for our kids, let him visit those dillap school in egbe or apapa rd . i can go on and on , forget megasity ,like late dele giwa used to say, its not about what you earmark but what we can eyemark.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by RibaduFan(m): 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
Internet gba ole o gba ole.

Nigeria1, how on God's earth would joining Benin republic benefit us. Bloody nonsense.

Tonimax

please find something better to do.

Fellow Nairalanders

Beware of 419ners, this is how it starts. Aboro laun so fomo luabi, to ba denu e a dodidin.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 10:55pm On Nov 20, 2008
419 ko, 419 ni. Nobody is going to 419 you. When I said I can connect someone with the premier minister of canada, mayor of toronto and the premier of ontario. I do not lie. Here are pictures of the people you would meet. Please verify their pictures on the internet.   I MEAN I WOULD. I DO NOT DO 419. GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD.
You can see the picture now and verify. so when you meet them, you would know it is not 419. You get it, name the business, if it is not fraud. and real. they would look how they would  help you.

Premier minister of canada
[img]http://www.garth.ca/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/harper.jpg[/img]

Premier of ontario

[img]http://sciencenotes.files./2008/05/mcguinty-smile.jpg[/img]

Mayor of Toronto
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by oderemo(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2008
MY BRODA HOW WILL THESE GUYS HELEP YOU.? havent they have enough on there plate? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Horus(m): 12:09am On Nov 22, 2008

Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by oderemo(m): 12:11am On Nov 23, 2008
do you think these is all achieve by someone eating guguru and epa in alausa. na lie
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nigeria4: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2008
This are just some pictures of what some of the builders have done in the city. We are talking big. not the local nigeria builder, who do not have the funds to build. At least this company can not take your money and run like our contractor. they also have the means to seek funds from international means. it pay back plan. That why i said i want to be governor. those of us abroad have an edge than those in nigeria. believe or not.

The question is do we want to do it big or just remain where we are. Nobody get loved expect they open their heart. I am not into party, so any PDP governor interest too , can call my number or email me.

[img]http://news.architecture.sk/uploaded_images/Outside_area_Toronto_City_hall_04-728533.jpg[/img]
http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/roythomson.jpg
http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/oldcityhall.jpg

http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/metrohall.jpg
http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/scacivic2.jpg
http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/metro_convention.jpg
http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/northyork.jpg
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Bishop(m): 1:48am On Jan 05, 2009
Hmmmmm,it is good to dream,but when person don dey tay to wake up for dream him go chop sand ooooo

a word is enough for the wise,it is good to dream but na daydreamers na him i no like
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by blackspade(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2009
Very interesting! I commented earlier, but instead of giving out a detailed proposal, I'll post images of what the architects behind this mega city should try and make it look.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2009
Firstly, i think everyone should know by now that Nigeria1 is bleeping RETARDED. Ignore his comments. His command of the english language shows he's probably some "agbero". You need to see the unnecessar satellite pics he keeps posting.

Secondly, the thread asks for you opinion about the megacity. IF you have nothing to say, then skip to the next thread.

ode remo:

so fashola has ideas, lets start from basics please. like constant elctricity, clean water to all households, basic housing 4 every lagosians, good roads, please let him go to egbeda or ikotun, good schools for our kids, let him visit those dillap school in egbe or apapa rd . i can go on and on , forget megasity ,like late dele giwa used to say, its not about what you earmark but what we can eyemark.

Mr man, electricity is a federal problem. Until the sector is fully deregulated, there is nothing the state can do. I believe steps are being made to achieve this.
Even if Lagos state decides to build a 5 billion MW plant, they would still have to supply the National Grid before it is redistributed. Trust me, if power is fully deregualted, It won't take up to 1.5 yrs for Lagos to maintain uninterupted power supply. The lagos state govt would not hesistate to use private hands because electricity is good money and anyone that generates or distributes power for lagos will make so much returns.

With water, yeah sure, they need to get that fixed.
With roads, do you live in lagos? There are a lot of road projects being done in Lagos. The entire state can not be covered at the same time. Trust me, if you live in Lagos, you wont appreciate the change. When i came back, i was bleeping impressed. Lagos looks bleeping different and beautiful.

Do you know how much revenue/investment the megacity will attract. Trust me a whole lot of goodies will come with the megacity.
Lagos is on its way to being a megacity. The present govt is moving in the right direction.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? / EXCLUSIVE: Buhari To Vie For ECOWAS Chairmanship / No Hiding Place For Defecting Politicians- EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.