Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children (7705 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets: you cant call it an argument when u don't know full and primary custody is the same thing cheesy seriously just go to sleep though grin

So educate me if I am wrong

Lawyer mondi....

Request for a refund of d fees n go into public speaking
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

So educate me if I am wrong

Lawyer mondi....

Request for a refund of d fees n go into public speaking

why does my degree bother you so much that you have to mention it everywhere you see me undecided
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets: why does my degree bother you so much that you have to mention it everywhere you see me undecided

U mention it everytime
I will not if. U don't again....

Educate us on custody types ooo

Don't derail. d issue
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

U mention it everytime
I will not if. U don't again....
Educate us on custody types ooo
Don't derail. d issue
i haven't even mentioned it more than 5 times since i joined NL in 2012 and for some reason you have mentioned it on every single thread you quote me. How it concerns your life, i really wonder undecided

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets: i haven't even mentioned it more than 5 times since i joined NL in 2012 and for some reason you have mentioned it on every single thread you quote me. How it concerns your life, i really wonder undecided

No..my dear

U mention it any time when u want to make points....

Back to d issue... explain custody types
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

No..my dear
U mention it any time when u want to make points....
Back to d issue... explain custody types
funny enough i never mentioned it here, you just had to bring it up and this is like the second time in less than a month. Its pathetic, you really need to stop it undecided if you have a life, kindly concentrate on that please smiley

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets: funny enough i never mentioned it here, you just had to bring it up and this is like the second time in less than a month. Its pathetic, you really need to stop it undecided if you have a life, kindly concentrate on that please smiley

I have a life....concentrate on yours too

Ok...playtime over

Explain custody types...
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Vikky014(f): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
lomaxx: With all the curves and poosies in the world, what beats me is why a man would give up his anus to another man to phuck!! It beats me.
HAHAHA LOMAXX!
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by lomaxx: 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vikky014: HAHAHA LOMAXX!

Doesn't it beat you too?

Each time I see a woman with curves in raw material form, I thank my creator for blessing me with all the genes the Y chromosome could afford.

Then in some alternate universe, a man is checking out another man. It's pathetically bewildering to say the least.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Vikky014(f): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Doesn't it beat you too?
i cant even imagine dat o. undecided
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
pickabeau1:
They r who they are and they can't change it
Science has shown that to be so also

Can you please point us in the direction of this "conclusive" scientific evidence.

Cheers

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
TV01:

Can you please point us in the direction of this "conclusive" scientific evidence.

Cheers

TV

TV!

This science has prevailed on governments to grant them these rights..

Its a moving train

Lol
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
pickabeau1:

TV!

This science has prevailed on governments to grant them these rights..

Its a moving train

Lol
it was not science it was ideological lobbying.
Cases abound of 1. people who have renounced the lifestyle and 2. people who have willfully chosen it.

TV

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
TV01:

Cheers

TV

Can you prove it can be changed? Just curious.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe: Can you prove it can be changed? Just curious.
Can you prove it can't?

Google "I came out of a homosexual lifestyle" or variants.

It's a choice
Yes, it may be a strong inclination, but it is not biologically determined
It may be a serious of experiences, traumas, impressions, choices, feedback that builds up, but it is not normal
Giving it up may not be as simple as flipping a switch, but it can certainly be done. It really is a choice.

http://www.prodigalmagazine.com/on-homosexuality-its-ok-to-fight/
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2012/01/cynthia_nixon_i_1.php

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
TV01:
it was not science it was ideological lobbying.
Cases abound of 1. people who have renounced the lifestyle and 2. people who have willfully chosen it.

TV

Well...I'm not going to argue that
The prevailing ethos now is what it is
They also have a strong lobby group

It is better to br seen as a woman hater than being homophobic

Lol

It's also a means of showing sophistication n liberal attitudes
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2014
TV01:
Can you prove it can't?

Google "I came out of a homosexual lifestyle" or variants.

It's a choice
Yes, it may be a strong inclination, but it is not biologically determined
It may be a serious of experiences, traumas, impressions, choices, feedback that builds up, but it is not normal
Giving it up may not be as simple as flipping a switch, but it can certainly be done. It really is a choice.

http://www.prodigalmagazine.com/on-homosexuality-its-ok-to-fight/
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2012/01/cynthia_nixon_i_1.php

TV

I asked for scientific proof.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I asked for scientific proof.

Morning,

You want me to scientifically disprove something that has not been scientifically established?

That's beyond even my renowned prowess grin!

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 9:14am On Oct 03, 2014
TV01:
Morning,

You want me to scientifically disprove something that has not been scientifically established?

That's beyond even my renowned prowess grin!that have

TV

This is funny

However these people have scientists that have given them theories and postulations to justify opening and keeping that door

The issue now others want to come in through that door

Nongender
Transgendered
Queers
Etc
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 03, 2014
TV01:
Morning,

That's beyond even my renowned prowess grin!

TV

Good morning.

I don't want you to disprove anything, I want you to prove something.

You say homes*exuals can change. Prove it.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 11:05am On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Good morning.

I don't want you to disprove anything, I want you to prove something.

You say homes*exuals can change. Prove it.
The homosexual lifestyle is behaviour, ergo it can be changed.
I provided a few links and also invited readers to "goo-goo it" grin!

I also rejected Picks, admittedly tongue-in-cheek, claim that it was scientifically established.

Homosexuality is not genetically/biologically determined. So what is it that you want me to prove?

In as much as I even use the term "homosexual", thats merely for discussion purposes. There is genetically no such thing. There are no human sub-species and humans reproduce using a male/female binary.

Some people choose to deny the alignment and proper use of this functionality - or do you want me to prove that male and female humans are designed to mate?

And yes, the whole "orientation" babble is a nonsense as well. So please be clear on what you need proving and in the meantime, I'd appreciate if you'd answer this;

If God (or nature or evolution - whatever you subscribe to) created humans to mate as male/female (and I hope you don't need me to prove that, although I can provide picture evidence - not of the mating 0, just the outcome grin), why would some be "orientated" in a way that is at odds with their function? And, if you believe this orientation is innate and fixed, is it not clear that something is wrong? Or to sum up;

If orientation is different to function is that not prima facie evidence of an error?

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by kandiikane(m): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2014
Babygal4eva:

What ever she did as long as it wasn't murder doesn't justify the judges decision , the mother almost always gets primary custody except in extreme cases so this is just pure bias.

I hope she appeals this decision.

What makes you think the dad wasn't a better care giver? Maybe they both worked and he was the one mainly at home. There is a difference between the relationship with the mum and the relationship with child. He may have been a bad hubby or a good hubby(we dont know the full facts) but I am certain he was a good parent for the judge to have given the man the children. If it was such as the woman says she should have appealed. I think she is just bitter that another man can take her husband. grin
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by kandiikane(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2014
cococandy: I won't do much except ask you were you ever saw my post saying fathers are primary care givers.
The way some of you wax mischievous all over the place can discourage anyone from wanting to interact meaningfully with you.
Asking fathers to become more involved with their kids now means mothers are no longer primary care givers?
undecided undecided

Or saying a man who demands financial help from his wife should also try and contribute his quota in the home keeping front now makes him the primary care giver.

It's really a stressful endeavor trying to talk sense with folks who DELIBERATELY want to misunderstand you.

I hope you enjoying amusing yourself.

Fathers can also be primary caregivers. Care giving is not an exclusive club that only women can be part of.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane:

What makes you think the dad wasn't a better care giver? Maybe they both worked and he was the one mainly at home. There is a difference between the relationship with the mum and the relationship with child. He may have been a bad hubby or a good hubby(we dont know the full facts) but I am certain he was a good parent for the judge to have given the man the children. If it was such as the woman says she should have appealed. I think she is just bitter that another man can take her husband. grin
In the West, the mother is almost always given custody. It's not so much about who is the best caregive, as long as the women is competent. Who makes more doesn't matter, as they simply move the funds from husband to wife.

Unless she's not telling something here, I don't see how the judge would have granted him custody - not if details of his lifestyle were known. Other than that, I can only think there may be truth in the activist aim of the judge?

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by kandiikane(m): 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
TV01:
In the West, the mother is almost always given custody. It's not so much about who is the best caregive, as long as the women is competent. Who makes more doesn't matter, as they simply move the funds from husband to wife.

Unless she's not telling something here, I don't see how the judge would have granted him custody - not if details of his lifestyle were known. Other than that, I can only think there may be truth in the activist aim of the judge?

TV

Not necessarily, nowadays, parents are judged irrespective of their gender. They look at the best interests of the child and not the gender. If both are equality capable then they are given shared custody.Many times, the fathers are the ones who allow the child to be with the mother. Men hardly fight for the custody of their children during divorce proceedings. If more men are willing to fight for their kids, then there will be more men with custody over their children. All we always see is the outcome but not the procedure. Maybe, you should go to a few hearings and see for yourself. If the woman believed the judge was been biased then she should have laid down her facts and made an appeal. For the judge to have given the father custody meant that he was in a better position to look after the children. The west doesn't also play with the welfare of the children.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
TV01 post=/post/26828194:

The homosexual lifestyle is behaviour, ergo it can be changed.
I provided a few links and also invited readers to "goo-goo it" grin!

I also rejected Picks, admittedly tongue-in-cheek, claim that it was scientifically established.

Homosexuality is not genetically/biologically determined. So what is it that you want me to prove?

In as much as I even use the term "homosexual", thats merely for discussion purposes. There is genetically no such thing. There are no human sub-species and humans reproduce using a male/female binary.

Some people choose to deny the alignment and proper use of this functionality - or do you want me to prove that male and female humans are designed to mate?

And yes, the whole "orientation" babble is a nonsense as well. So please be clear on what you need proving and in the meantime, I'd appreciate if you'd answer this;

If God (or nature or evolution - whatever you subscribe to) created humans to mate as male/female (and I hope you don't need me to prove that, although I can provide picture evidence - not of the mating 0, just the outcome grin), why would some be "orientated" in a way that is at odds with their function? And, if you believe this orientation is innate and fixed, is it not clear that something is wrong? Or to sum up;

If orientation is different to function is that not prima facie evidence of an error?

TV

Proof, please.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe post=/post/26830523:

Proof, please.

Carefree, I can't scientifically disprove what hasn't been scientifically proven?
No reputable scientist has, can (or even will)make the claim that homosexuality is biologically determined. Despite lots of funds and effort being spent to prove it, no proof!

It's like asking me to prove that Paedophilia is not genetic?

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane post=/post/26830383:

Not necessarily, nowadays, parents are judged irrespective of their gender. They look at the best interests of the child and not the gender. If both are equality capable then they are given shared custody. .
The "rulebook" states that the best interest of the child - especially when young - are served by being with the birth mother. Unless she demonstrates serious incompetence or potential to harm the child/ren, she typically gets custody. In upwards of 85% -90% of case where she wants it.

At best Fathers are given shared cuatody or visitation rights. Shared Custody being more likely when the children are older. Capability - of the father at least - is not the big or an equal driver here.

Even the 10% that don't go to women do not all go to men. Some of that is split goes to other relatives such as grandparents.

Many times, the fathers are the ones who allow the child to be with the mother. .
Yes, no problemn with this.

Men hardly fight for the custody of their children during divorce proceedings. If more men are willing to fight for their kids, then there will be more men with custody over their children. .
Untrue and a real bad trope. Men do fight for custody, but as noted before, the mother is best rubric mitigates against them - even where they are more competent or able. In the UK there is a whole mens rights movement about this very thing - http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

All we always see is the outcome but not the procedure. Maybe, you should go to a few hearings and see for yourself. .
As above - and that's not something I'd reccomend for anyone unless they had to or did so for a living. It may well be worth the unmarried seeing it though, they'd be sure to give greater consideration to their choice of spouse if they did.

If the woman believed the judge was been biased then she should have laid down her facts and made an appeal. For the judge to have given the father custody meant that he was in a better position to look after the children. The west doesn't also play with the welfare of the children.
I did make clear that I wasn't entirely satisfied with the claim in this case.
And the West has priorities - the promotion of LGBT agenda is one of them. From what I've seen the welfare of children is secondary to this.

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
TV01 post=/post/26832345:

Carefree, I can't scientifically disprove what hasn't been scientifically proven?
No reputable scientist has, can (or even will)make the claim that homosexuality is biologically determined

It's like asking me to prove that Paedophilia is not genetic?

TV

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10637532/Being-homosexual-is-only-partly-due-to-gay-gene-research-finds.html
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by TV01(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10637532/Being-homosexual-is-only-partly-due-to-gay-gene-research-finds.html

Sensationalist headline. Some excerpts;

Dr Bailey said: “Sexual orientation has nothing to do with choice. Our findings suggest there may be genes at play – we found evidence for two sets that affect whether a man is gay or straight.

Dr Alan Sanders, associate Professor of Psychiatry at Northwestern University, who led the study said that it was it was an 'oversimplification’ to suggest there was a 'gay gene.’

The study builds on work by Dr Dean Hamer from the US National Cancer Institute in 1993 who also found an area of the x chromosome that he believed was linked to male sexual orientation.

Researchers at the University of California believe that homosexuality can be explained by the presence of epi-marks — temporary switches that control how our genes are expressed during gestation and after birth.

Daryl Bem, a social psychologist at Cornell University, has suggested that the influence of biological factors on sexual orientation may be mediated by experiences in childhood. A child’s temperament predisposes the child to prefer certain activities over others.

Interestingly no similar genes have been discovered which influence female homosexuality.

And I could go on.

All suggestive and beliefs, no real proof. And this is citing most of the best efforts to prove it. Plus nothing similar for women? And a proper reading of the findings - carefully omitted here - show that "straight" men have the same gene. It's not only found in "homosexuals" - it was just common to those who claimed to be that way.

At best speculative and more aptly termed junk/ideologically biased science. And the fact remains that since humans are designed to copilate with the opposite sex, if they have that function, but not that desire then something is wrong - no? Why did you overlook this question

TV
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
TV01:

Sensationalist headline. Some excerpts;

Dr Bailey said: “Sexual orientation has nothing to do with choice. Our findings suggest there may be genes at play – we found evidence for two sets that affect whether a man is gay or straight.

Dr Alan Sanders, associate Professor of Psychiatry at Northwestern University, who led the study said that it was it was an 'oversimplification’ to suggest there was a 'gay gene.’

The study builds on work by Dr Dean Hamer from the US National Cancer Institute in 1993 who also found an area of the x chromosome that he believed was linked to male sexual orientation.

Researchers at the University of California believe that homosexuality can be explained by the presence of epi-marks — temporary switches that control how our genes are expressed during gestation and after birth.

Daryl Bem, a social psychologist at Cornell University, has suggested that the influence of biological factors on sexual orientation may be mediated by experiences in childhood. A child’s temperament predisposes the child to prefer certain activities over others.

Interestingly no similar genes have been discovered which influence female homosexuality.

And I could go on.

All suggestive and beliefs, no real proof. And this is citing most of the best efforts to prove it. Plus nothing similar for women? And a proper reading of the findings - carefully omitted here - show that "straight" men have the same gene. It's not only found in "homosexuals" - it was just common to those who claimed to be that way.

At best speculative and more aptly termed junk/ideologically biased science. And the fact remains that since humans are designed to copilate with the opposite sex, if they have that function, but not that desire then something is wrong - no? Why did you overlook this question

TV

You can choose to read this article selectively and even call it sensationalist but geneticists have found similarities in the genetical make-up of gay people, which means that they have more evidence than you have for your statements. Scientific evidence. wink Not sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by kandiikane(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
TV01:
The "rulebook" states that the best interest of the child - especially when young - are served by being with the birth mother. Unless she demonstrates serious incompetence or potential to harm the child/ren, she typically gets custody. In upwards of 85% -90% of case where she wants it.
If she has initially been the primary caregiver before the divorce....It doesn't necessarily have to be the birth mother. For example, If the father has been the primary care giver at a tender age breaking that bond at that period can cause issues for them as they grow up. If more fathers become the primary caregivers then it is unlikely the courts with assign the child to their mother especially at such an age unless of course they are unfit parents.

At best Fathers are given shared cuatody or visitation rights. Shared Custody being more likely when the children are older. Capability - of the father at least - is not the big or an equal driver here.

There are many cases in which fathers do take full custody of the child but again the phrase here is "best interest". This isn't the battle of the sexes, I am certain if more men take on the role of primary caregiver then more kids under the age of 6 will be with them.

Even the 10% that don't go to women do not all go to men. Some of that is split goes to other relatives such as grandparents.
I don't know where you got your 10% from but majority of the time, custody issues are settled outside of court and majority of the time it is the father who allows the child to be with the mother. Those who want full custody and cannot agree with the arrangements outside are the ones who go to court.

Untrue and a real bad trope. Men do fight for custody, but as noted before, the mother is best rubric mitigates against them - even where they are more competent or able. In the UK there is a whole mens rights movement about this very thing - http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/
It is not untrue. I never said men didn't fight for custody, I said men do not fight as much as women because majority of the time when it is settled outside, the father allows the woman custody. The % you see are those settled outside of course by the parents. In the uk it is only in rare cases do the parent go to court for custody. Just because you are a mother doesn't mean you will get custody, it's about who is the primary caregiver and who has the most time on their hands. I remember reading an newspaper article in which a lady worked and the man stayed at home to look after the children and he was given full custody and the woman paid money to the ex-husband. Before anyone could say anything, he cheated and still got custody and child support, i guess the courts arent as biased as many might think. Whether he cheated or not, he was more fit to take care of the children. Things are changing especially in England and parents are being encouraged to have equal responsibilities. It doesn't make sense to break away the child from the one who is always with them and give it to the other who only spends time with them between 6-9pm and sometimes weekend.

As above - and that's not something I'd reccomend for anyone unless they had to or did so for a living. It may well be worth the unmarried seeing it though, they'd be sure to give greater consideration to their choice of spouse if they did.
I believe everyone should go sit and observe a court hearing when they have time. That is where all the facts are laid out, not the news papers. Even read case summaries instead of making judgements off the top of your head. Know the law.

I did make clear that I wasn't entirely satisfied with the claim in this case.
And the West has priorities - the promotion of LGBT agenda is one of them. From what I've seen the welfare of children is secondary to this.

This statement is untrue and it is only your opinion.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Disgraces Herself In Public (viewer Discretion) / Second Income Source Online Steps Not Tutorial / In The Spirit Of Christmas, Please Stop Child Abuse/bullying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.