Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

What Made You Decide To Get Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (23004 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Hidden Traits You Must Look Out For Before You Decide To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by fairheven: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Mintayo: "Be fruitful and Multiply..." I guess you can't do that without getting married?
Hence God is the authur of marriage,he created the marriage institution!
Wt is ur definition of been fruitfull an multiplying?
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nduxzy: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2014
Mrkuvuki: My homeboy "Don Swigger" was coming for my lil birthday party last August , and he came along with his adorable daughter and stubborn Son...
They were cute, that's when it struck me .....

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by fairheven: 9:11am On Sep 30, 2014
micolaj: I'm stil singu...I wil get mari 4 onli 1 reasn, dat's protection. Woman protects man... I nid a wuman dat wil protect me for d rest of my life (apart frm my moda)
How does a woman protect a man,isn't it the other way round..as in a man protects a man..so if arm robber come your house,u run under the mattress an ask your wife to protect you? grin grin,tufia!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nduxzy: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2014
VICE VERSA
condralbede: I hv seen good men,well to do that married badt wife...So my dear it just prayers.its not a guaranty that every good man will definitely marry a good wife.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by aholiab(m): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2014
Dasianro:

Google Voddie Baucham smiley

Order is logical. Legos

y is the lady not looking at the bible? she be demon? undecided
Dasianro:

Google Voddie Baucham smiley

Order is logical. Legos

y is the lady not looking at the bible? she be demon?
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Missmossy(f): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2014
Interestingcheesy lot of amusing reasons why people get married.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by koxi: 9:27am On Sep 30, 2014
jerryjere: den go and get one they are many outside it will save you from all these stress and embarrassment.

Of course, I have one now......A beautiful one for dat matter wink
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by rigview: 9:41am On Sep 30, 2014
We can't cheat Nature bcs from the Beginin Jah made us in twos to this end, i can't wait to have mine grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by donmarshia(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2014
I have decided to get married because I have as a friend a woman I love and would want to be with always.

Secondly, I want Children. Maybe two or three who will be my representatives and I need the right woman to help me raise them. I have found her.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Philadelphia: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

With the above comment, without any doubt, it shows you are still single.

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids. However, there is more to being married than just sexual intercourse alone. When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.
It's a new phase of life and you start seeing things in a more different ways than the way you would have seen them or had always seen them while you were still single. Marriage comes with a lot of commitments, responsibilities, perseverance and sacrifice; if you are not ready physically, emotionally, psychologically (mentally), materially and financially- marriage is not for you.

Was almost hitting 'like' but didn't since you forgot the most important thing 'SPIRITUAL READINESS'. It is what sustains the others. I teach this to people as well so I'm certain about this.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by jennylove7575(f): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2014
Because the society and our family said so..even though we are not happy in it, let us remain inside and die unhappily inside to please people.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2014
Am due to marry but n't too finacial balance, dis makes the one I luv got married late last year,.praying provide a better one 4me soonest
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by lonelydora: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2014
rahazaqa: everyday sexual intercouse grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I was thinking like you when I was single, but your thought is far from the reality.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by freeradical(m): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2014
Missmossy: Interestingcheesy lot of amusing reasons why people get married.
Not as amusing as why you are still single hon grin grin grin
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2014
olaboy001:
When did you get married to him because I nevr heard that Jesus got divorce before
ehn, because his grace and wealth flows like milk and honey, and all men and women like milk and honey.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Dcmg(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2014
Tallesty1: True That.

I'm not married yet but I know deep down that I need a wife already.

The loneliness is just too much.

I close from shop mostly around 6pm but I don't go house until it is 9pm. I mean what am I gonna do at home? Shower, eat, read or watch movies??

Women are the best part of God's creation, believe me!
Taaaaaaah.
Sha,they say "one man's food is another man's poison".
Apart from business and work,most times i always want to be alone,i'm in love with Solitude.Mehn,i don't get it when guys say they feel lonely just becos there's no woman with them.As far as i'm concerned,women are too clingy for my liking.
They always want attention all the time,they always want to talk all the time,they want you to tell them everything,always want to do everything together,they believe your life should be about them alone.No space atall;mehn i no get that kind strength for them o.
I value my time alone

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by dandollar1: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2014
Dcmg: Taaaaaaah.
Sha,they say "one man's food is another man's poison".
Apart from business and work,most of the times i always want to be alone,i'm in love with Solitude.Mehn,i don't get it when guys say the feel lonely just becos no woman with them.As far as i'm concerned,women are to clingy for my liking.
They always want attention all the time,they always want to talk all the time,they want you to tell them everything,always want to do everything together,they believe your life should be about them alone.No space atall;mehn i no get that kind strength for them o.
I value my time alone
1,000,000 likes

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Wow. Majority of the comments here are veeeeeeeeeery wrong reasons to get married. No wonder there are many sob stories. undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2014
yomi007k: I got married cos its d norm in my society.

SMH.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2014
rahazaqa: everyday sexual intercouse grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Too bad. mentality for tah tahs.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

Life needs meaning, she is that meaning for me.

Awwwwww. Nice.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by bosun11(m): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2014
koxi: Cos I got home from work one day very hungry and tired. But still managed to drive out to look for somtin to eat. Of cos, Wat I got as food was a complete apology in a supposed fast food restaurant. I ended up quarrelling wit pretty girl who attended to me......as if it was her fault. Den it dawned on me dat if I had a wife in the 1st place, all dat nonsense would've been avoided

but u wont be getting married just because you want to be expecting your dinner prepared already when u get home ?? only if that is part of numerous reasons though
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

With the above comment, without any doubt, it shows you are still single.

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids. However, there is more to being married than just sexual intercourse alone. When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.
It's a new phase of life and you start seeing things in a more different ways than the way you would have seen them or had always seen them while you were still single. Marriage comes with a lot of commitments, responsibilities, perseverance and sacrifice; if you are not ready physically, emotionally, psychologically (mentally), materially and financially- marriage is not for you.

Exactly. Nice one.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2014
koxi: Cos I got home from work one day very hungry and tired. But still managed to drive out to look for somtin to eat. Of cos, Wat I got as food was a complete apology in a supposed fast food restaurant. I ended up quarrelling wit pretty girl who attended to me......as if it was her fault. Den it dawned on me dat if I had a wife in the 1st place, all dat nonsense would've been avoided

Marrying to get a Cook.

Issorait.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2014
Lexusgs430: I knew I was in a relationship with the right person, I had educationally achieved a reasonable level, I could 100% bear the expense of my wedding celebration, I could maintain and sustain a marital home.
I had attained a level of maturity, sense of compromise and loads of African love to give (no flowers).
14 years and 3 kids later and still waxing strong !!!

Very nice. You were truly ready. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2014
Lucasbalo: I married my best friend. We met in college when I was a sophomore in a business school and she was a freshy in a nursing school. We married when I finished my MBA and making a good living and it's been a blast for about 20 years. The best thing that ever happened to me in the sense that I became responsible at the age of 23.

Awwwwww. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Yomieluv: For someone to do my laundry for me.

Too bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by charleff512(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2014
It is not good for a man to be alone.Gbam!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2014
boredom and conji
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by santakris(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by salt1: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2014
jennylove7575: Because the society and our family said so..even though we are not happy in it, let us remain inside and die unhappily inside to please people.

Jennylove, I doubt if you have ever fallen in love. You may not have felt like there's this one person you can't live without. Whose smile keeps you smiling and whose approval you value. That something went wrong (which can be remedied) does not negate the beauty of young love.
I married at 23 and more than 20 years later I am
Still very happy with my decision. I prefer being unhappy with my spouse than being alone. We didn't marry to please family or society.
Getting married is a gift we gave to ourselves

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by krystal101(f): 10:55am On Sep 30, 2014
God bless you!

Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

Life needs meaning, she is that meaning for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Father Hates Me! / The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.