Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? (6532 Views)

I Wished Evry Nigerian Politician Wud Be Like Tinubu After Watching Documentary / Which Nigerian Politician Has The Finest Wife? / Is This Nigerian Politician A Deranged Person ? Lmao Yall Got To See This Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 12:13am On Nov 07, 2008
who is the best Nigerian politician today? i mean the true hope and leader of the people, please comment.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2008
since no suggestion, i want to call at list four best nigeria politician today.
ken nnamani
Gani fahwemi
Adam oshomolow
Wole shoyinka
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:17am On Nov 12, 2008
If you move this to the Politics section , you will get loads of suggestions!

Asides, the folks you just mentioned are either not politicians or are amongst the worst politicians around.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by oladsey(m): 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2008
THERE IS NONE. GASKIYA.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by shotster50(m): 2:35am On Nov 13, 2008
Oladsey, I second you on that one.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2008
ken nnamani was the best Nigeria politician during his own tenure as the president of the senate. Gani is the representative of the whole poor people in Nigeria. Adam oshimolow is the only massively elected governor since Nigerian history.wole Soyinka remains the only Nigerian hero, so apart from this four, there is no other good politician in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by MCUsman(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2008
luka1981:

since no suggestion, i want to call at list four best nigeria politician today.
ken nnamani
Gani fahwemi
Adam oshomolow
Wole shoyinka

ken nnamani not sure of what made him best
Gani fahwemi 100% approve
Adam oshomolow 100% approve
Wole shoyinka cultist
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by lucabrasi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2008
adams oshiomole has not proven himself yet so lets not be too hasty, remember babangida's challenge that he should state where the money he used in building his house came from has not been addressed yet by him?moreoer he s getting too close to and hob nobbing with corrupt politicians, was even alledged to be in asorock with tinubu striking a sort of clandestine deal with yar adua, however i still hold my comments about him but i wouldnt see him as one of the best in nigeria till he has passed the crucial test, as far as i am concerned all he is still doing is playing to the gallery and uttering soundbites and rhetorics he knows ppl want to hear

gani fawehinmi-yes, totally

wole soyinka-yes,totally he hasnt being as forceful and his association with tinubu i dont really get and he also seems to have a soft spot for ac/ad, however when put in a spot he has always consistently stood up for the truth

nnamani-hel naw,he s just like the rest of them albeit with a nice personality finish,what is the use of his leadership forum thingy, whynot people friendly initiatives like orphanages,mentoring programme for at risk and vulenrable e.t.c

i think balarabe musa-he s been consistent and always speaks the truth,never courts the spotlight nor queuup in aso rock

colonel umar-not a politician but he has serve in govt before and he is pretty honest,foran hausa man and a millitary man toown up to a yoruba man abiola being unfairly treated takes courageand sound principles.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2008
MC Usman:

ken nnamani not sure of what made him best
Gani fahwemi 100% approve
Adam oshomolow 100% approve
Wole shoyinka cultist

ken nnamani was the courageous politician who struck out third term agenda despite the tension on ground, he presided over the upper house without fear and fervour,Nigeria history cannot be written without his name being in the book. Wole Soyinka has always stand behind the Truth, fearlessly and unshakably, and i want to say that four wole Soyinka will make Nigeria greater thaN U.S.A
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by diggler(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2008
MC Usman:

ken nnamani  not sure of what made him best
Gani fahwemi  100% approve
Adam oshomolow  100% approve
Wole shoyinka    cultist

The two guys you passed and other posters passed are Activists & not necessarily politicians.
If the question truly is asking for People that know how to play the politics game in the the Nigerian context
then from the above list, only ken nnamani would make it.

In my view Nigerias best politicans include the likes of

Obafemi Awolowo
Saraduana of Sokoto
Shehu Musa Yar'Adua
C.C. Onoh
Nnamdi Azikiwe
Micheal Okpara
Sam Mbakwe
Tafewa Balewa
Moshood K. Abiola

Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (maradonna himself)
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2008
include maurice iwu and ibb, so that i wil know that u have just called the worst politician in nigeria
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by diggler(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2008
My guy maurice Iwu aint no politician

If u check my list, most of the players mentioned were from an Era when politics (tho very dirty) was i would say a bit more
respectable than the current PDP consensus kangaroo show that obtains.

like i said earlier, Gani & Soyinka are Activists not necessarily politicians.

their role is to act as the conscience of the leaders by providing needed criticism that will keep the ruling set on edge.

i would have to retract my statement on Adams based on the fact that he won an election.

i wonder why u did not Add MKO, the closest thing to Barack Obama this country ever had. A man who transcended the politics of ethnicity by winning the fairest election in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by lucabrasi(m): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2008
fela anikulapo ransome kuti-the leader and presidential aspirant of mop movement of the people revolutionalist and the very first authentic anti corruption crusader in nigeria
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2008
FELA dey smoke igboo
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by lucabrasi(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2008
and you think all these other politicians we have dont smoke more than igbo with the way they behave??at least fela is not an hypocrite sitting in the front of of the church every sunday and then in the dead of the night using babies for sacrifice and sending hired killers after political opponents,with fela what you see is what you get, even barack obama admitted he has smoken igbo in the past
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 17, 2008
diggler:

i wonder why u did not Add MKO, the closest thing to Barack Obama this country ever had. A man who transcended the politics of ethnicity by winning the fairest election in Nigeria.

How did you sum this up? Shed a little light on it abeg. . . .

lucabrasi:

and you think all these other politicians we have don't smoke more than igbo with the way they behave??at least fela is not an hypocrite sitting in the front of of the church every sunday and then in the dead of the night using babies for sacrifice and sending hired killers after political opponents,with fela what you see is what you get, even barack obama admitted he has smoken igbo in the past

You sure sound like his better half.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by bawomolo(m): 5:49am On Nov 17, 2008
people fela was pretty misogynistic. i'm not sure what's cool about that.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by lucabrasi(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2008
@nuzo
what exactly dyu disagree with in the bolded part,that obama didnt admit to smoking marijuana?or that fela wasnt an hypocrite like most of the nigerian politicians?
@bawomolo
i beg to disagree,he wasnt misogynistic,he was practising his own brand of africanness, the fact that you r polygamous doesnt make that a disaste for women,after all seun's mum was a dancer same as yeni his own daughter, moreover he didint treat his many wives worse or better than himself, they al; lived in same building and they didnt have to do any work but dance in his shows and all the other sturvs they got up to at home, what is cool about him is tha fact that he was not corrupt and he identified with the masses even though he was a priviledged child, he could have been a minister or even governor if he wanted to considering he was friends/classmates with mko abiola,obasanjo e.t.c apart from his mother's place in nigerian history and he never compromised his believes till he died
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2008
lucabrasi:

@nuzo
what exactly dyu disagree with in the bolded part,that obama didnt admit to smoking marijuana?or that fela wasnt an hypocrite like most of the nigerian politicians?

When did obama become the yardstick for judging people with character? Or do we now tell kids to smoke as much ganja they can while they are still young? Or maybe, drug abuse now excused?
I sincerely do appreciate Fela's brave efforts to nation building, but your statement got me thinking that maybe; you are seun or femi.

And for the records, Abami eda was an activist and not a politician.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by chidichris(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2008
adedibu
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by Moves: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2008
I would say Ken Nnamani- That he had the clout to stand against the third is commendable; the rest are not politicians. Also I would suggest Pat Utomi.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by lucabrasi(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2008
@nuzo
im sorry but your comments was as unreasonable as calling all muslims terrorists, and if obama is not a yardstick for measuring an outstanding individual/politician guess you ll prefer obasanjo or akala or atiku and ibb, after all they dont smoke or drink and are quite religious?
as for telling kids to smoke or drink,read my comments and then juxtapose it with that phrase and you ll realise its not making any sense , at all
i dont have to be sun or femi to acknowledge fela and his many achievements, i guess the likes of red hot chill,paul macarteney,dr dre,stevie wonder e.t.c must be seun or femi's uncle or brothers for acknowledginf fela either by comments or using his works??

as for fela being an activists, that is your own record,as far as mine is concerned he was a politician,in my own book being the presidential aspirant of a registered political party and contesting means you are a politician, oshiomole was and still considers himself strictly a labour activist/politician, one can be both you know,
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by luka1981(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2008
as for fela being an activists, that is your own record,as far as mine is concerned he was a politician,in my own book being the presidential aspirant of a registered political party and contesting means you are a politician, oshiomole was and still considers himself strictly a labour activist/politician, one can be both you kno

fela,s party was not registered,
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by lucabrasi(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2008
the fact that he was or was not retgistered is not an issue,the core focus here is that he was or wasnt a politician which he was by virture of the fact that "HE PRACTICED POLITICS"so many people were disqualified by iwu,some like the tejuoso man in ogun state were hounded and scared into silence by ribadu,does it now make any reasonable sence to say they are not politicians?
the fact that ohaneze ndigbo,arewa,afenifere are not registered political parties does it follow that the members are not politicians of one form or the other?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by unipol(m): 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2011
now fashola leads others follow
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Politician Today? by otitokoro1: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
GEJ is the answer for today, He won election, Tomorrow "I does not No" grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo / 5 African Presidents With Serious Promiscuous Lifestyle [photos] / Jonathan Responds After Tinubu Awards Him Gold Medal For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.