Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Why Do We Go To School? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do We Go To School? (15630 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by PietroRico(m): 5:05am On Sep 30, 2014
2 pages of bullshiiit and then this bullcrap just above my post.

When y'all give birth to kids, ðont send them to school!
Since 'it ain't all that necessary to be successful in life'

*hisses and goes back to bed.
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by timilehing(m): 5:23am On Sep 30, 2014
You go to school to learn, nothing else
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by sexzskil(f): 5:35am On Sep 30, 2014
My friends, education in fall walls of the university is the best thing u can ever get in ur whole life! Well, am talking about formal education out of this muthafvcking shit.hole called Naijeriya, yes, because schooling here never produce any sort of genius. I was told Dangote never went to school, but alas, he did! He did it, but never in Nigeria. What I'm saying in essence is that formal education is paramount. I also know that many innovators and celebrities in the world were dropout but never be fooled for long! Here is what TI, world famous rapper, who our Psquare got a lifetime opportunity to have his voice in their record, said recently,

“Execution and education is going to be what separates the winners from the
losers,” T.I. said to the crowd of hundreds gathered just outside Festival Hall.

“You guys, each and every one of you have talents, abilities and ideas that can
get you paid,” the rapper said. “But if you keep on barking up the wrong tree,
then all your talents and abilities will go to waste —that’s my two cents.”
The rapper said he got one regret in life despite all the massive influence and wealth, he was a college dropout.
http://journaltimes.com/news/local/two-cents-of-valuable-advice-rapper-t-i-shares-insights/article_ba50dac2-d575-11e2-8db0-001a4bcf887a.html.

Ever wonder the reason behind Yeezy's Graduation and The College Drop Out albums? He wasn't celebrating his success in life despite not finishing college, he was ashamed of being a university drop out. Recently, Nelly insulted May whether over being a college drop out, and so many references I can make to popular culture.

In all, never go to school, especially here in Nigeria, where formal education is a scam and make little or no impact, just because you want to have money, rather, see it as a necessity. And if u want to really get d essence of schooling, do it abroad!

If formal education isn't really necessary as most shortsighted folks in Nigeria would have u believe, WHY DO RICH PEOPLE, NOT EXCLUDING OUR RICH POLITICIANS AND BUSINESS MAGNATES HERE STILL SEND THEIR WARDS TO HARVARD, CAMBRIDGE, OFXBRIDGE AND OXFORD??
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by englishmart(m): 5:41am On Sep 30, 2014
I go to school because all my family members, cousins, and friends go to school. Some are graduates.
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by sexzskil(f): 5:43am On Sep 30, 2014
optimumprimus: human beings are not civilized. I think you are just ignorant .you think overpass,skyscrapers,neon lights ,mcdonalds burger and fries means humans are civilized?
ants are more civilized than human beings.human beings should learn from ants in order to make the world a better.
U see my friend, this your post portray the uselessness of going to school in Nigeria! Overpass, sky skrappers, neon lights, colossal buildings, etc, etc, are the essential ingredients that made up the word ''Civilization''. Of course, it all starts from the mind, the mind which u lack from your post above.
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 30, 2014
To learn how to cheat
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by ElPhenomenal(m): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2014
We live in a society that worships certificate

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:12am On Sep 30, 2014
We go to school to also understand one part of life we are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Olutola88(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2014
evea: want to know everything in life. I want to be a woman of wonders. Thank God for education
Madam, I'm sorry to tell you that you cannot know “everything” in the world *smiles*
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 30, 2014
The same thought came hovering Tru my mind in campus a day, I wondered why do people go to school... My own sole reason for returning to school after so many years was able to contribute to the developmental trend of the society and defend my self as an inculcated tabula rasa but this is not the same in our school where student are prejudiced by so called school staffs(lecturers). I once asked one of my seniors, hw can I sue a lecturer for communicating with students with wrong words and unnecessary extortion and fleece from students, he simply told me that our schools does not cover the axx of student like that any more.

Another one, our Securities nowadays does not hear the voice of a formal graduate what they look out is for those with the cash and also I see a recruit army words are more forceful and expending than any graduate can atone, They are like the no. 1 citizen of this country ....

Our Country need more strong training other than just ordinary going to school.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by marieolae(f): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2014
Goddson: Wud love to meet you... sorry if msg does not tally wit d post embarassed

I see
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by codedbwoi(m): 7:17am On Sep 30, 2014
bcoz d society want us 2 go 2 skul
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2014
to be educated

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by girishchouhan5(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2014
i go school just for fun and doing studies, and to be with my buddies
get more here sad quotes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 30, 2014
mjameslarry: Do you want to be a member of the great brotherhood Illuminati? we are going to make you rich famous and to be a world known star, get a good job, to win elections and get into a political power we are going to enrich you in all your endeavors empowerment and you will never loose any case in court or were ever, you will have powers to control people in high places email us now at( illuminatechurchofsatan666@gmail.com or call +2347054798538 beware you must be 18 years and above if you know you are not interested never you attempt to this post be warned
how famous are you and how many knows you?
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by PROCTOR: 7:35am On Sep 30, 2014
When almost all my friends are,why should i be left out
but in truth i believe
Go to school to be learned
Dream afterwards to be successful NOT necessarily with your certificate
YOUR REAL ABILITY IS IN YOU NOT SOME WORDS AND FIGURES SCRIBBLED ON PAPERS
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Revolva(m): 7:39am On Sep 30, 2014
sometimes sef i wonder...after going to school ..we are still ignorant about the realities of life...we follow brainwashed trends...in fact after all these school its not assurance that you will be much richer than some one that has just few education...look at the most creative industralist today...did not even go through university..to be bilionaires....
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Sincerely I went to school for the degree. I'm studying computer engineering,I know I can go to a comp school and study programming for 6months then go to one shop and study hardware for another 6-8months but I wanted to be professional,to be called an engineer and to make my parents happy so I went to the university. I already know what its like to look for job and trust me I don't want to be there. After my course I'll learn what is left to be learnt,start up a busnes(tech based) and hang my certificate in my little office,then grind my life from there....the cert will be a plus when a contract opportunity comes my way or I want to travel abroad and do something new. What more can I say?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by udswagz: 7:44am On Sep 30, 2014
Reading the post, i bet some ideas came into your head,
well if it is one that has to do with tech, i may be of help
I can help you build your idea, create a strong online presence
for your brand.
With my web development and Android app development skills
i can help you build a beautiful website or intuitive mobile app
which aligns with the coporate vision of your organisation.
In case that idea is still in your head
visit: www.udonline.net

I will expecting your email smiley

Some sites i have completed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.chypesfrontline.com
www.botosoftechnologies.com
www.kasemart.com [e-commerce]

The most recent Android app i just published on Google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmasnig.udcreate
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by JewelBukky(f): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmmm.... Interesting!
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by kayce911(f): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2014
I so much believe this op. Though many will be lying to themslf that they went to school to become knowlegeable or any such trash. The truth remains we were all pushed to going to school at tender age by our parents or guidians, believe you me this was for no other reason but to secure our future.

Going by the rate of unemployement in Nigeria,I predict fall in this "my son must go to school trending madness in Nigeria"

Imagine paying over 100k(state universities and mayb private),studying for over 18hrs in aday, graduating with good grades only for you to come out and roam the street with no jobs or N15 000 jobs. This is not funny at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by aremed(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2014
Jst for d cert.. Cos we no get schls for 9ja

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Go To School? by hardeywhale2: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
In my own point of view.....Going to school is not just 2 be sure or securing a better future....I see it as opportunity to learn on how to solve problems....
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by MORNDEW(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2014
School is meant to rid people of ignorance and prepare dem for d future. The former is d most reason because when ignorance i dealt with, it opens the door for opportunity. Many suffer today becos of ignorance. Unfortunately our educational system does nt hv the curriculum to fight ignorance, illiteracy and bad attitude, hence, the kind of ignorance and stupidity being exibited here on Nairaland by many.
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2014
marieolae: Its a personal preference. Although in the society today, you don't have to be "educated" to make it. The world is looking at what you have to offer.

na me just give ur dp like
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by marieolae(f): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2014
papiforreal:

na me just give ur dp like
thanku
Re: Why Do We Go To School? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2014
mjameslarry: Do you want to be a member of the great brotherhood Illuminati? we are going to make you rich famous and to be a world known star, get a good job, to win elections and get into a political power we are going to enrich you in all your endeavors empowerment and you will never loose any case in court or were ever, you will have powers to control people in high places email us now at( illuminatechurchofsatan666@gmail.com or call +2347054798538 beware you must be 18 years and above if you know you are not interested never you attempt to this post be warned
Go get a real job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Increases Examination Fees To N18,000, Blames Inflation, COVID-19 / Asian Education: Better Than Western Education? / UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.