Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! (24615 Views)

CARTOON: Obasanjo Goes Back To School At Age 77... / Obasanjo Goes Back To School; Registers For Masters Degree / Picture Of President Obasanjo Kissing A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeria's former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, is set to go back to school for a higher degree in Christian Theology.

Mr. Obasanjo will on Tuesday formally enrol as a graduate student at the headquarters of the National Open University of Nigeria in Lagos.

Having obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in 2009, Mr. Obasanjo will now be working towards a doctorate degree, beginning first with a Masters degree, an associate of the former president told PREMIUM TIMES.

When contacted Monday night, Mr. Obasanjo confirmed he was returning to school.
He said it was important for him to make some commitments towards achieving his aspirations in life.

“I’m going back to school because I have to have something to aspire to in every endeavour of life,” Mr. Obasanjo told PREMIUM TIMES. “I always aspire to something new in my farm. I do that in my international activities. I do it in my writing. I do it in the improvement of my academic work which helps to sharpen my brain and strengthen my faith.”

When asked how he was going to cope combining his studies with his tight international engagements, Mr. Obasanjo said he would take advantage of the flexibility of the National Open University’s system.

“Fortunately, the Open University is flexible enough and I will definitely be able to cope. I was able to cope when I did the Post Graduate. I was also busy during the period,” he said.

The National Open University was initially established in 1983 but was suspended by the then military government in 1984. Mr. Obasanjo resuscitated it in 2001.

In November 2006, a few months to the end of his eight-year tenure, the then president enrolled for a post graduate diploma in Christian Theology at the university.

He graduated in January 2009.

At the graduation ceremony, the then Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Olagbemiro Jegede, described Mr. Obasanjo as a hardworking student.

”As a student, Obasanjo vigorously pursued his studies on full time basis…He is a shinning example of how seriously a student should take his learning. Like everybody, he sat for all the examinations using anonymous matriculation numbers, and by our internal quality control and security-proof control measures, his papers were marked by different tutors located in some of our study centres including Damaturu, Minna and Yenagoa,” Mr. Jegede said.

Born on March 5, 1937, Mr. Obasanjo attended Abeokuta Baptist High School; Mons Officers’ Cadet School, Aldershot, England; Royal College of Military Engineering, Chatham, England and School of Survey, Newbury, England.

He also attended the British Royal Engineers’ Young Officers School, Shrivenham, England; Indian Defence Staff College; Indian Army School of Engineering and Royal College of Defence Studies, London.

He enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 1958.

He was Nigeria’s Head of State between 1976 and 1979 when he voluntarily handed over to a civilian administration led by Shehu Shagari. In 1999, he was elected president. His tenure expired in 2007.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168820-again-obasanjo-goes-back-to-school.html

http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/09/former-president-obasanjo-goes-back-to.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by SirHouloo(m): 4:31am On Sep 30, 2014
This man is just so wonderfully different!

37 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Articul8(m): 7:29am On Sep 30, 2014
Okikiola Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo himself. The man with many personalities. I respect him though. We learn,relearn and learn again. Never stop learning.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Nlmadfreak: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2014
KingEbukasBlog: Well , former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, thought it right to go back to school and will be attempting to get a higher degree in Christian Theology. The 77-year-old will formally enroll as a as a graduate student at the headquarters of the National Open University of Nigeria in Lagos on Tuesday . He confirmed this to Premium Times [ https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168820-again-obasanjo-goes-back-to-school.html] , read it below :
"I’m going back to school because I have to have something to aspire to in every endeavour of life, I always aspire to something new in my farm. I do that in my international activities. I do it in my writing. I do it in the improvement of my academic work which helps to sharpen my brain and strengthen my faith."
When asked how he was going to cope combining his studies with his tight international engagements, Mr. Obasanjo said he would take advantage of the flexibility of the National Open University’s system.

“Fortunately, the Open University is flexible enough and I will definitely be able to cope. I was able to cope when I did the Post Graduate. I was also busy during the period,” he said.
He also aid it was important for him to make some commitments towards achieving his aspirations in life.

In 2009, two years after he left office, Obasanjo obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in 2009. He will now be working towards a doctorate degree, beginning first with a Masters degree.

[b]More here : [/b]http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/09/former-president-obasanjo-goes-back-to.html

MY OBJ!

5 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by RockMaxi: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Obasanjo breaking his own record since 1960. grin grin

Congrats to him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by MisterLongman(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Best of luck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
Obj baba

9 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2014
its never too late as in in age to obtain knowledge ... kudos obj cool ... at the age of 77 !

kingebuka.com smiley thank God

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by redsun(m): 8:47am On Sep 30, 2014
He is probably studying the bible. A Muderfucker that thrives in a distorted reality world where truth are literally false and vice versa.

Brainwashed education.

8 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by DonaldGenes(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2014
This Rambunctious Old Gee with his usual shenanigans ehh but I Can't help than to admire him...it does seems that Having more Cert is his sole raison d'ētre grin

3 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by hazyfm: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2014
EDUCATION THE BEST LEGACY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by adonbilivit: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
what for?

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by naturally: 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
good of him, hope he'l obey his lecturers and also won't cheat

6 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Lordseyad(m): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
ok
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Eyes wide shut.... When a being is wisely confused and deception shows its ugly head. When they are the architect of infernos and the shadows of looting fortress cast on them... Disinformation can't and diversionary measures becomes their last resort.

Perhaps they are hypocritically afraid of hell and its fire cos they won't return the treasures that they once looted... And this is like trying to cook stone...

Verily... It's somewhat fruitless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by ggrin(f): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Wow cool

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Baba Obj Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by eleojo23: 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Learning never ends...

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by obiZEAL(m): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
oh!

last last...see the boy's comment chilling on fp...to all my enemies this a sign that i must hammer dis year....
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by datguru: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014

JONA: OBJ my former president
OBJ: former kini..., I am the new president
JONA: but as the constitution says, the vice president is the next line
OBJ: the next in line, the next in line to die

Brings out his gun and jona takes to his heels exclaiming

JONA: you can never get me, my name is GOODLUCK
OBJ: eehn, we shall see

OBJ, I hail thee

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Macelliot(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obasanjo to Study Christian theology.?
Hahahaha.
After looting Naija.
Praise God .......
Obasanjo has repented..
After graduating, he will start preaching, Repent! Repent!! Repent!!! All you polithiefcians....
Obasanjo, please after you graduate, help us to preach to our past and present polithiefcians who has been looting naija dry since 1960....

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
See Here for photos of obasanjo attending lecture with small small children

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by ElFenomeno1: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ok.
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by sirjohnson(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Baba, carry go..See Here for photos of obasanjo attending lecture with small small children, I think the pictures are of 2009 or so
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by iheanyi40(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
You just can't hate dis Man...
Ride on Baba

2 Likes

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Elusive9(f): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ 77? Diaris God oh!undecided

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ojuelegba's PhD grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by kennosklint(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obj go sit down 4 aos abeg

1 Like

Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by purplish(f): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
But I thought he failed the first PGD Oh well, that's none of my business
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by coolvitus(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
FuNny
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by ugoezeik(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
and afta d skul wat nxt, dat he wil com nd rule us again? pls simeone should help me out
Re: Former President , Obasanjo Goes Back To School Again ! by manck2: 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
[size=48pt]Obasanjo is too Old, he should retire[/size]

[size=28pt]Obasanjo has no university degree when he was president, this are certificate course those day.

With billion of dollar he own.. Which school is he going to[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t71nQKiZNK8

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulahi Olatoyan Meets Ben Murray-Bruce (photos) / Binta Garba: Usman Plotted My Removal From NPA Because I Demanded Transparency / FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.