Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Calls For Revolution (30026 Views)

Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution / Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nobody: 4:54am On Sep 30, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-calls-for-revolution/

A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu says there is a need for the country to undergo a “common sense” revolution.

Tinubu, who is a national leader of the All Progressives Congress said the many years of misrule by successive Peoples Democratic Party presidents had continued to sink the country further into crisis.

The former governor said this in a statement titled ‘A Return to Decency’, on Monday.

He described the 16 years of PDP rule at the federal level as a period of steady decline into disaster. He said, “The longer they rule, the less benefit the people derive.
Nigeria now needs a ‘common sense revolution,’ a revolution that calls forth a return to decency, probity, transparency of process and fairness in outcome.“

This is done not by subterfuge, divide and rule and turning Nigeria in a field of discord or a street of broken institutions.
It is accomplished by honouring the principles of democratic good governance and economic justice.

It is done by persuading the people they are better off as one instead of better off tearing at one another’s throats.“Nigerians should be prepared for change.

We must rescue Nigeria from those set to cause it irreparable harm. The change I talk about is the only route to our deliverance from 16 years of the PDP locusts.

Nigeria is ours to keep and its democracy is ours to save.”He advised that this year’s Independence Day should be a time of sober reflection because other countries that received independence at the same time as Nigeria had since surpassed the country.

He described the Nigeria of today as the nightmare of its founding fathers. Tinubu further berated the PDP-led Federal Government of using religion to divide Nigerians.

He said, “We commemorate this Independence Day because the nation has survived despite its many challenges. We dare not celebrate because the nation has not flourished as it should.

Fifty four years our national trek began with hope and promise, peace and unity.“Today, the nation staggers beneath the weight of trouble multiplied by hardship.
Peace and unity seem to have yielded the moment to violence and discord. We exist as a political unit on a map but we do not prosper as brothers and sisters in one nation, under one flag and pursuant to one accord.”“Never has an elected government in Nigeria employed religion as a tool to divide the people, setting Nigerian brother against brother in a manner that allows this administration to function at the basest level of governance while seeking to establish a political domination that seeks no greater purpose than its self-perpetuation.”

He described attempts to stigmatise and physically intimidate the APC and the militarisation of elections as features of a perverse democracy.

He described President Goodluck Jonathan’s transformation agenda as an avenue to siphon funds through a dubious blueprint.“They do not have a national blueprint or vision. They do have a blueprint and vision for excessive self-enrichment.

Their equation is simple: You work, they feast. You toil, they grow fat. You seek a decent wage; they pilfer the collective treasury to enjoy a king’s ransom,” he said.

He said rather than promote religious tolerance and harmonious living, Jonathan’s government believes its electoral chances are enhanced by promoting ethnicism, internal divisions and religious suspicion but “successful nations are not built this way, have we not learned the lesson that we paid the high price of civil war to learn.”

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by omenka(m): 5:13am On Sep 30, 2014
Op is a big fool!!

And you desperately need the type of revolution he called for; a common sense revolution!

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by seunlayi(m): 5:16am On Sep 30, 2014
I can now accept the fact that this man is really high on WEED.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 30, 2014
omenka: Op is a big fool!!

And you desperately need the type of revolution he called for; a common sense revolution!

I have always known u were a tout and a raw one for that matter.
posting a news with its link now makes me a fool?

This is the hieght of mental dumbness.
U are just a tout.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by fitzmayowa: 5:43am On Sep 30, 2014
I guess the common sense revolution is to vote out PDP and voting APC...Talking of passing the bulk

PDP is as much as guilty as APC, putting this country where it is today, it really saddens me when our so called politicians "irrespective of their political party" play on the intelligence of gullible nigerians....SMH

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 30, 2014
fitzmayowa: I guess the common sense revolution is to vote out PDP and voting APC...Talking of passing the bulk

PDP is as much as guilty as APC, putting this country where it is today, it really saddens me when our so called politicians "irrespective of their political party" play on the intelligence of gullible nigerians....SMH

PDP= APC
same thieves but in two different groups.
The masses are so gullible.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by eluquenson(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2014
Tinubu is high on weed & very sick i guess.
The revolution should first start from the stewpid club called HAYPEECEE cos they are colony of **wolf in a sheep clothing **

Let's revisit the UNHOLY activities of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu

66 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Lucasbalo(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2014
fitzmayowa: I guess the common sense revolution is to vote out PDP and voting APC...Talking of passing the bulk

Gbam. All this political parties are all the same. They are only good for one thing, looting the Commonwealth dry. Real revolution like Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana or the one by the fillipinos did against ferdinand marcos in 86. That's the only one that can solve nigeria's problem.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 30, 2014
Nigerians beware of APC, stay away frm them.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by talkintruth: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2014
"common sense revolution" Ok, we will start from you.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Mogidi: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Their equation is simple: You work, they feast. You toil, they grow fat. You seek a decent wage; they pilfer the collective treasury to enjoy a king’s ransom,” he said.

I hope God answers corruption entrenched Tinubu, (very unlikely) but lets just pray the common sense starts in Lagos.

Lets all hope Lagosians demand Tinubu explains his loot and his many estates in Lagos.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by ola6: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2014
If there is any revolution, Mr Tinubu-ole you will be the first to go down. Talk about being a thief, Tinubu abi na Thief-nubu comes to mind.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by pheyikemi: 7:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Like seriously? The likes of him made Nigeria the way it is, not about parties now, politicians are all d same, thieves, and try to portray themselves as saints when they are even worse.

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2014
A key commander in the janjaweedians army always speaking the tone of war even before the coming of lord lugard.

I don't know why south west people have mouth only but no power to fight. Wen e start na, na emmm go first run.

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by lanrexdo(m): 7:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Let the truth be told, he said allot of meaningful things. BAT is a man and a politician. He knows allot about this country. You should know that allot of things has been happening on the federal level because the government has yet to tell how how the said $9.3 million got to SA? Those PDP can loot this our money ehn!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nutase: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Chai we don suffer for naija. When will politicians look at us with some decency.
The thief that sold d SW to Jonathan in 2011 is calling for a revolution now. Return the money you were paid in 2011then i might consider listening to you. MSTCHEWWWWWWWWWWW.
I swear I dey para now.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by tomakint: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2014

Obviously you are still going through the hangover from your birthday celebration cheesy grin you must have drank yourself to not only stupor but gross stupidity....what is the reason for this early morning aggression? @ Topic, does anyone still take this fraudster serious undecided

30 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by sirjohnson(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
He should have called for revolution when he was the gov

PS: Anita Oyakhilome’s name & pic totally removed from Rhapsody of Realities of October. See Here

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by chimerase2: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
I just dnt knw why I started hating on tinubu
See tinubu way we like die dos days as governor dos days of AD cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Gbawe: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2014

It is passing the buck. Even Nigerian journalist make this mistake and it is irritating. There is no such saying as "passing the bulk".

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Gbawe: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2014

OP presented the article, including the title, as it was originally laid out. OP is therefore not at fault for the title which is obviously different to what Tinubu meant.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by pentagonal: 8:09am On Sep 30, 2014
tribalism will never allow a revolution happen in Nigeria. the fuel subsidy removal protest comes to mind.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by tomakint: 8:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Imagine the bloody fraudster is even telling us that 'fifty-four years ago our National Trek began with hope and promise, peace and unity' someone should please help me ask this senile vampire where was the hope, promise, peace and unity when rigging, nepotism, arson, blood-letting, favourtism, marginalization of selected tribes, gross corruption etc was the order of the day in the pre and post First Republc in the 50s/60s undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2014

Rather the journalist that wrote the article and the editor are both eeedeeeots.

@Topic: Nigeria not only need a common sense revolution, we also need a political revolution using the instrument oof our votes. The PDP's 15+ years in power has been disastrous, a period of retrogression and a bitter part of our country's history. They must be kicked out using every legitimate means at our disposal

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Gbawe: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Disappointing to see that many Nairalanders validate the saying "if you want to hide something from a black man, keep it in a book". Anyone who read the article will know Tinubu is not talking of violence, chaos, division or forceful takeover of power. He is actually saying the opposite to demand a "common sense" revolution which unites Nigerians to see them agitate for the right things good leadership delivers. Goodluck to some Nairalanders because it seems they enjoy their own personal lack of refinement and can only bark rabidly when some names are mentioned without even the minimal sophistication to inspect what is under discussion or its context.

He described the 16 years of PDP rule at the federal level as a period of steady decline into disaster. He said, “The longer they rule, the less benefit the people derive.
Nigeria now needs a ‘common sense revolution,’ a revolution that calls forth a return to decency, probity, transparency of process and fairness in outcome.“

This is done not by subterfuge, divide and rule and turning Nigeria in a field of discord or a street of broken institutions.
It is accomplished by honouring the principles of democratic good governance and economic justice.

It is done by persuading the people they are better off as one instead of better off tearing at one another’s throats.“Nigerians should be prepared for change.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by tomakint: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2014
chimerase2: I just dnt knw why I started hating on tinubu
See tinubu way we like die dos days as governor dos days of AD cheesy
My brother you are not alone on this.......then the feelings I had towards him was borne out of empathy but when I saw through him as a conman and a die-hard capitalist, I quickly went for the switch!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Ngwakwe: 8:22am On Sep 30, 2014
Why call for what has started in Ekiti State?

The people are rising up to your earlier call to defend their mandate but this time they have gone beyond common sense by attacking Judiciary, the symbol of Institutionalised Democracy because they fear the repeat of Justice Salami activism on the bench.

** Justice Salami was famous for granting prayers never solicited by litigants. Ask him to nullify the outcome of an alleged fraudulent election, he will give you the mandate if he so desires.

** Revolution of any kind is not possible in present day Nigeria rather we will Evolve to something manageable with time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2014
The revolution should start with you Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by luvinhubby(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2014
omenka: Op is a big fool/b]
Obviously the booze from the birthday bash still dey for your system. cheesy
What did the op do wrong?
Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by omenka(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2014
tomakint:
Obviously you are still going through the hangover from your birthday celebration cheesy grin you must have drank yourself to not only stupor but gross stupidity....what is the reason for this early morning aggression? @ Topic, does anyone still take this fraudster serious undecided
I can see you still angry I didn't invite you to the purtey.cheesy. Change your ways then we can start doing business.

Whatever it is, I still insist the Op is a fool. Sue me. grin
Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by Gbawe: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2014
pentagonal: tribalism will never allow a revolution happen in Nigeria. the fuel subsidy removal protest comes to mind.

Indeed. Although it is pertinent to add that Tinubu is not demanding the Arab Spring-type revolution. He is saying Nigerians should simply use their common sense to see and agitate for what matters to them. Yet you are correct even on that count because tribalism will indeed not allow that to happen either.

We all saw how, because of 'tribalism' a straightforward matter of misrule (fuel subsidy scam perpetrated by the FG, NNPC and their minions) is turned into a conspiracy of the "North and SW are trying to bring down a minority President" never mind that said President is the head of the FG which in the first place, as the only other authority alongside the NNPC allowed to issue fuel marketers licence, granted unqualified scammers the authority to operate in the fuel subsidy sector leading to the massive theft against Nigeria in false invoicing and fraudulent practices.

Even Ribadu, through the recommendation of his petroleum task force, asked GEJ to end practises abetting theft against Nigeria in the petroleum sector. It was GEJ, perhaps because he is also part of the problem, who failed to act and not Tinubu and Buhari or the Yoruba/ Hausa/fulani ethnic group. These are the sort of things Tinubu is talking about. He is asking Nigerians to be like others worldwide to embrace common sense, rise above pettiness to see what matters then place blame where due without sentiments or recourse to sectional bias so we can all simply demand leaders do the right thing .

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For Revolution by omenka(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2014
luvinhubby:
Obviously the booze from the birthday bash still dey for your system. cheesy
What did the op do wrong?
Make una free me with d bday mata naw. Shoo!! Take time oo, I've been of very good cheer this morning, you don't wanna get me started.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Don Wani Was Wike's Point Man, He Climbed On Dead Bodies Into Power – Rivers APC / Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Amaechi And Dawari George At ViewPoint On 93.7 Rythem Fm In PH (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.