Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! (939 Views)

I Need Matured Advice. / My Online Girlfriend Want Me To Save Her Marriage..please Advice / I'm Having A Baby! Any Yoruba Name Suggestions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by donogaga(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm not yet married but as a young man who's thinking in that direction, I took out some time to take a look at the lives and homes of those who are already in it. I've done some research, asked questions, spoke with some senior friends that are married & I've also been observing.

I must confess I still get mixed feelings about the idea of marriage, when I see the good, bad & ugly taking place among married couples. I see some who wish they never got married, I also see some who are just hanging in there more still I see others who are living happy ever after. I've seen those who say if they knew this was what marriage was all about they'd have just remained single. Different findings that stares up mixed feelings in me. Even though I still know I more often times dream of sharing my home with the best woman in the world.

In all these things a few things still scares me the most and leaves me wondering how these things happen. Imagine a scenario where a great man who is wealthy and generous, always willing to assist the needy, all of a sudden ends up with a completely opposite feminine breed, who frowns at every attempt he makes to assist his fellow humans out of the abundance God has blessed him with. She goes as far as sitting on his wealth and ensures no else reaps from it. She reduces the man to the point where nothing happens except she says "YES" and if she says "NO" he's left with no choice. Some go as far as refusing him from helping his immediate family members, then a few (which to me is witchcraft), completely turn the Man's heart only towards her immediate family members. I just get wondering how some Men change from being high and mighty to being reduced to full control of their wives. How do these things happen really? Did such Men bargain for all that? Are they enjoying the weakness they exhibit? Or are they not in their right frames of mind anymore? Or is it all for LOVE? I'm really curious. This is just one instance out of my many observations.

If you are happy in your marriage, both in-laws are cordial, your home is a small heaven on earth, I need answers. What's your secret?...... I need to learn before I venture. PLEASE SHARE WITH I AND MANY OTHERS WHO WANTS TO KNOW!!!
Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by Brijet(f): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Well am still single,but i hv come 2 discover dat d search 4 a life partner is nt 2 be done alone,but let God do dat 4 u.even u meetin God-imperfect-perfect woman,there r still bound 2 be problems,and the ability 2 solve makes u nd her perfect 4 each other.
Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2014
Listen! A weak man do not go into marriage. My advice, if you are not ready you had better wait.
Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by akinloluwao: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2014
Well, i beleive there is no perfect marriage anywhere, let's stop deceiving ourselves. If you want to enjoy your marriage, you need a lot of patience, sacrifice, you need to die to yourself and start living for your partner. When you look at normal family setting, you discover that you still have scuffles with your siblings, how much more a total stranger from another family. My 2 cents
Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by donogaga(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Brijet: Well am still single,but i hv come 2 discover dat d search 4 a life partner is nt 2 be done alone,but let God do dat 4 u.even u meetin God-imperfect-perfect woman,there r still bound 2 be problems,and the ability 2 solve makes u nd her perfect 4 each other.

Ok. Noted.... But have you ever read in the gospels where anyone went to Jesus to “spiritually examine” the suitability of a spousal candidate?
Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by donogaga(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Givemejoy: Listen! A weak man do not go into marriage. My advice, if you are not ready you had better wait.

Am all ears... Now, what do you mean by the term "Weak Man?"..... Depending on your perspective... But I have seen strong Men go into Marriage, yet it didn't work out.
Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by toofine765: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2014
I have spent nine years in marriage and I have nothing to regret about. My hubby and kids are my best friends. I can never ask for more. All am saying is that it's possible to make your home a safe heaven, carefully make your selection now that you are searching, make sure you find the qualities you want in her then don't go in with plenty expectation or you just might be disappointed. Be willing to play your part, give room for human errors. Be very forgiving and above all, be prayerful. God will do it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by KMTee(f): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2014
no marriage is perfect, as we humans too
you should be ready to accept ur partner's baggage, imperfection and flaws.
marriage comes with lots of challenges
most people you see claiming happy marriages have one or two issues they are battling with.

the most important things are understanding, love, efficient communication, support for each other, tolerance, etc

in marriage, u sacrifice a lot, u leave ur comfort zone to please ur partner, u stop some habits, cut off some friends, etc

above all, pray before you venture into marriage..when you get a personal conviction to marry someone, follow it, follow ur heart
and let God minister to you. i don't believe in writing names for pastors/imams to pray and choose one for you.

marriage is sweet when you marry the right person but that doesn't remove the fact that there won't be challenges and misunderstandng here and there. YOU HAVE TO BE MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY, FINANCIALLY AND SPIRITUALLY READY FOR MARRIAGE. not because u are of age or because ur pals are all marriage.

#okbye

1 Like

Re: Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2014
KMTee: no marriage is perfect, as we humans too
you should be ready to accept ur partner's baggage, imperfection and flaws.
marriage comes with lots of challenges
most people you see claiming happy marriages have one or two issues they are battling with.

the most important things are understanding, love, efficient communication, support for each other, tolerance, etc

in marriage, u sacrifice a lot, u leave ur comfort zone to please ur partner, u stop some habits, cut off some friends, etc

above all, pray before you venture into marriage..when you get a personal conviction to marry someone, follow it, follow ur heart
and let God minister to you. i don't believe in writing names for pastors/imams to pray and choose one for you.

marriage is sweet when you marry the right person but that doesn't remove the fact that there won't be challenges and misunderstandng here and there. YOU HAVE TO BE MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY, FINANCIALLY AND SPIRITUALLY READY FOR MARRIAGE. not because u are of age or because ur pals are all marriage.

#okbye

Very Nice. You've said the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Under What Circumstances Would You Allow This Happen To Your Child?? / The Missing Doctor Found Dead / Do Wives Grow Tired Of Their Husbands Over Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.