Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

On Judging Men Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Judging Men Of God (772 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / There Are Different Callings In God. Stop Judging One Another. We Be Brethren. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Judging Men Of God by MrTeymee(m): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2014
I saw a post by Ipledge which said *i have no right to judge a man of God*. But I ask how do u know if a man of God is truly a man of God?. How do you know he is truly annointed by God and not by ifa??. Is it by the size of his congregation or by the amount of miracles he performs?. What if he was annointed before and he has lost his way like solomon in the bible? Even the bible says fake pastors are everywhere. How can pastors of 2day be involved in political controversies. Christainity is being christ-like and I can't remember anywhere in the bible Jesus was involved in such controversies. By stating your opinion are you really judging someone. What if the bible meant to judge as in the court of law context as there is a book of judges in the bible. What if the bible was mis-understood?.
I end this with some lyrics off lecrae's song(truth).
"Man, It's just some folks say, "All truth is relative, it
just depends on what you believe." You know, "hey
man, ain't no way to know for sure who God is or
what's really true." But that means you believe your
own statement; that there's no way to know what's
really true. You're saying that that statement is true.
You're killing yourself. If what's true for you is true
for you and what's true for me is true for me, what if
my truth says your's is a lie? Is it still true? Come on
man! "
Re: On Judging Men Of God by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2014
MrTeymee: I saw a post by Ipledge which said *i have no right to judge a man of God*. But I ask how do u know if a man of God is truly a man of God?. How do you know he is truly annointed by God and not by ifa??. Is it by the size of his congregation or by the amount of miracles he performs?. What if he was annointed before and he has lost his way like solomon in the bible? Even the bible says fake pastors are everywhere. How can pastors of 2day be involved in political controversies. Christainity is being christ-like and I can't remember anywhere in the bible Jesus was involved in such controversies. By stating your opinion are you really judging someone. What if the bible meant to judge as in the court of law context as there is a book of judges in the bible. What if the bible was mis-understood?.
I end this with some lyrics off lecrae's song(truth).
"Man, It's just some folks say, "All truth is relative, it
just depends on what you believe." You know, "hey
man, ain't no way to know for sure who God is or
what's really true." But that means you believe your
own statement; that there's no way to know what's
really true. You're saying that that statement is true.
You're killing yourself. If what's true for you is true
for you and what's true for me is true for me, what if
my truth says your's is a lie? Is it still true? Come on
man! "
remember that with all the atrocities of Saul, David didn't kill him and remember he killed the guy that claim he killed saul, cos he killed an anointed man of God
Re: On Judging Men Of God by Tallesty1(m): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2014
Ipledge: remember that with all the atrocities of Saul, David didn't kill him and remember he killed the guy that claim he killed saul, cos he killed an anointed man of God
Your point?
Re: On Judging Men Of God by MrTeymee(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Ipledge: remember that with all the atrocities of Saul, David didn't kill him and remember he killed the guy that claim he killed saul, cos he killed an anointed man of God
Ofcourse I remember but u still haven't answered most of my questions...
Re: On Judging Men Of God by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2014
MrTeymee:
Ofcourse I remember but u still haven't answered most of my questions...
because I didn't read
Re: On Judging Men Of God by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 30, 2014
Tallesty1: Your point?
if a man is anointed now and turned the other way in the next minute, careful of what u say to him or abt him
Re: On Judging Men Of God by Tallesty1(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Ipledge: if a man is anointed now and turned the other way in the next minute, careful of what u say to him or abt him
be careful of what you say about people, anointed or not............
Re: On Judging Men Of God by LewsTherin: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2014
To Judge is to form an opinion after consideration. Google it if you don't have a dictionary handy.

If I say a person is a good and great man, I have judged.

If I say a person is a crooked thieving con artist, I have judged

Whatever opinion I make on any issue is a judgement

The Bible says we should "Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy." (Prov 31:9) and "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching" (2 Tim 4:2)

So how do I rebuke if I do not form an opinion that a person has done something wrong, if I do not judge?

The only caveat is that I should not judge a person guilty of the same things I do and would not want to be judged on."And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?" (Rom 2:3)
Re: On Judging Men Of God by MrTeymee(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2014
Ipledge: because I didn't read
Ooh I see....
Re: On Judging Men Of God by LewsTherin: 7:09am On Sep 30, 2014
People always cite Mariam's criticism of Moses as a warning not to rebuke "men of God"

Question. Was Mariam's criticism fair?

Then they cite David refusing to kill Saul as the proof for touching not the anointed.

Question. Did David oppose Saul? Did not the same David, to the hearing of the whole army of Saul, not stand and chew Saul out for the wrong things this "anointed" was doing?

Did Paul not rebuke Peter?

Does the Bible not ask us to "test every spirit"?

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus Is God, Who Was He Calling Father??? / Seun Pls Take Note / Photos: 73hours Marathon Messiah's Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.