Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car (2651 Views)

Artega Gt, A Car I Saw Today At School, I Am Speechless( Veiw Pic / 2016 Mercedes-amg GLE63 S Coupe - 2015 Detroit Auto Show / The New 6-wheel-drive Mercedes G63 AMG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by auhanson(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2014
The 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT recently made its debut at AMG headquarters in Affalterbach, Germany, where we got an up-close look at the new supercar. Sitting in the GT and not being able to drive it was absolute torture, but actual seat time should come soon enough. For now, here’s a few interesting numbers to consider for the GT, which is the second car developed entirely by the folks at AMG. Also be sure to check out our First Look article for the full details on AMG’s new track toy.
ZERO: Gullwings. Sure, the special doors gave the SLS AMG a ton of panache, but they also added weight and cost, two things that are lower for the GT. Mercedes isn’t ready to share pricing, but says it’ll be “aggressively priced” compared to the SLS, which carried an MSRP of just over $200,000. With the AMG GT targeted at the Porsche 911, the GT’s price tag could match the 911 Turbo, which commands $152,095.
2: The GT’s new 4.0-liter V-8, known internally as the M178, features two turbos arranged in a special layout dubbed “hot inside V.” That’s because the turbos sit within the engine’s V configuration, helping give the M178 its compact dimensions. The GT is rated at 456 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque, while the sportier GT S makes 503 hp and 479 lb-ft.

3.7: The automaker says the Mercedes-AMG GT S will run to 60 mph in an estimated 3.7 seconds, while the GT should do it in 3.9 seconds. Stay tuned for our own test results.
4: Available on the GT S are active engine and transmission mounts. There are four (two for the engine and two for the gearbox) electromagnetic mounts that have a reaction time of just 1 thousandth of a second and adjust based on drive mode and driving style. In a nut shell, soft mounts are best for cruising, while stiffer mounts are optimal for spirited driving.

12.4: Thanks to its wide-opening hatch, the AMG GT has 12.4 cubic feet of cargo space, double the amount of the SLS.
90: Mercedes says around 90 percent of the AMG GT’s frame is constructed of aluminum. The automaker also says the frame weighs just 509 pounds.

That’s the approximate curb weight of the 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT. For comparison, the last SLS AMG GT we tested tipped the scales at 3804 pounds. The GT is also smaller than the SLS. Its wheelbase, for example, is about two inches shorter than the SLS (105.5 inches), while overall length shrinks a bit as well. The GT’s width, however, is the same as the SLS at 76.3 inches.

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2014
Nissan gtr rival..
edit: who knows what Nissan will push out in 2016...

1 Like

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2014
Sweeeeeeeet!!
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by ivoryhouse(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
I am in love..
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
The long hood Looks good on it. It's like a Porsche's design
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by mindworx: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
2016 ?
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by lonelydora: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Give me dis ride and I no reach Abuja from Port Harcourt in 5 hours, collect the key back from me. LOL
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by auhanson(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
lonelydora: Give me dis ride and I no reach Abuja from Port Harcourt in 5 hours, collect the key back from me. LOL

Ol boy for which road? cheesy

Anyways, if i handle this ride i'll go to Brazil to race with Dominic Terrato, cos i know yungboss cant stand me here
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
auhanson:

Anyways, if i handle this ride i'll go to Brazil to race with Dominic Terrato, cos i know yungboss cant stand me here

Rule 1. Get that GT car
Rule 2. Tell those health and safety folk to de activate the damn speed limiter
Rule 3. Drag Jason Statham and Dominic Terrato to get their toys here
Rule 4. Hit the autoban, drive harrrrrrd and burn em asphalt

Lol! grin

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
auhanson:

I agree cheesy
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by auhanson(m): 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
lomomike:

Rule 1. Get that GT car
Rule 3. Drag Jason Statham and Dominic Terrato to get their toys here

Lol! grin

Mehn! you're humourous

Anyday, anytime i hit the autoban wt this Gt activated speed limiter, they gonna know that black born champion has arrived to conquer the conquest, afterwards, i'm gona make Yungbos contest in my vacation and show em wat he's got up there too. "Dem fit try us"?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by auhanson(m): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
The engine bay is fully loaded, it looks like a spider ready for an attack

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by DECOtech(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2014
lonelydora: Give me dis ride and I no reach Abuja from Port Harcourt in 5 hours, collect the key back from me. LOL
Is there a secret route you plan to take or is it still the ugly route we have been using?
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by lonelydora: 10:09am On Oct 02, 2014
DECOtech: Is there a secret route you plan to take or is it still the ugly route we have been using?
It's the ugly route u use, but I will push her to the limits.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by DECOtech(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2014
lonelydora:
OK nah, the road is urs
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2014
lonelydora:
Decotech, this is what loneydora meant

1 Like

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by lonelydora: 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
DECOtech: OK nah, the road is urs

Hahaha, driving such cars is fun to the last
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by DECOtech(m): 3:01am On Oct 03, 2014
lonelydora:

Hahaha, driving such cars is fun to the last
I agree.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by Chuckdee(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2014
lomomike:

Rule 1. Get that GT car
Rule 3. Drag Jason[b] Statham[/b] and Dominic Terrato to get their toys here

Lol! grin

Oh you mean their stunt doubles right??
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by killercute16(m): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
lonelydora post=/post/26751861:
Give me dis ride and I no reach Abuja from Port Harcourt in 5 hours, collect the key back from me. LOL
FIXED
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by 100Cents: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2014
lonelydora:

lol

On which road ?

Abuja-Portharcourt is 12 hours o..

No magic.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by lonelydora: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
100Cents:

lol

On which road ?

Abuja-Portharcourt is 12 hours o..

No magic.
Even with my Honda, I have never done Abuja-Ph in 12 hours. Depending on my mood I do it 7-9 hours.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by ba7man(m): 5:02am On Oct 05, 2014
yungboss:
Nissan gtr rival..
edit: who knows what Nissan will push out in 2016...
Google "Nissan 2020 concept" for images and info on what they're planning.

That car is "badass".
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by ba7man(m): 5:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Chuckdee:

Oh you mean their stunt doubles right??
Jason Stratham was a top stuntman before becoming an actor.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by ba7man(m): 5:10am On Oct 05, 2014
auhanson:

Mehn! you're humourous

Anyday, anytime i hit the autoban wt this Gt activated speed limiter, they gonna know that black born champion has arrived to conquer the conquest, afterwards, i'm gona make Yungbos contest in my vacation and show em wat he's got up there too. "Dem fit try us"?
Driving on the Autobahn is too easy. Just point and shoot since the only allure is the de-restricted speed sections. Any driver can do that.

Why not book at the Nurburgring and I can guarantee you'll crash at your first 50 attempts to drive fast.

You'll learn your true place on the global high speed driving scale there.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2014
ba7man:
Driving on the Autobahn is too easy. Just point and shoot since the only allure is the de-restricted speed sections. Any driver can do that.

Why not book at the Nurburgring and I can guarantee you'll crash at your first 50 attempts to drive fast.

the N'ring is one of the most difficult tracks in the world...but the long stretch at the end of the track is awesome...there are a few deadly banked curves that can flip over an unsuspecting driver.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by Denn(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2014
ba7man:

First 50 attempts? Haba...
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2014
Denn:

first 50 attempts to optimally drive the 2016 Mercedes gt in the subject. I concur
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by Denn(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Here...

Those corners are the key. A professional can go through the curves at high speeds... A glide through.

A smart amateur will slow down to around 80kmph or less depending on how green he is... An ego filled one wil crash.

The track is not for the lily-heart.

But if he says he will beat yungboss and lomomike... He might be right.

*runs away from the thread*

Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by yungboss(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Denn:
Here...

Those corners are the key. A professional can go through the curves at high speeds... A glide through.

A smart amateur will slow down to around 80kmph or less depending on how green he is... An ego filled one wil crash.

The track is not for the lily-heart.

But if he says he will beat yungboss and lomomike... He might be right.

*runs away from the thread*
lol, for sure he is right. I am not a good driver, I admitted that I'll be beaten earlier...unless he decides to drive the "angry kitchen appliance", Pontiac Aztec, then I can have a little chance
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by ba7man(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
yungboss:

the N'ring is one of the most difficult tracks in the world...but the long stretch at the end of the track is awesome...there are a few deadly banked curves that can flip over an unsuspecting driver.
That long stretch is highly decieving. One gets so comfortable running thru it at high speed nothing prepares you for the curves it throws at you at the end.

I used to play a BMW challege video game set at the Nurburgring and its one of the hardest games I've played.

I read about every curve and their nature but nothing prepares you for the Karusel.......I now wonder what its like for a real driver.
Re: 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car by ba7man(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Denn:

For real, if a Ring taxi driver, whose job is to drive tourists as fast as possible through the track all day in a BMW M5, all year round could still crash (earlier this year), I wonder how mere mortal drivers will fare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Driving School Worth The Stress And Money? / P2423 On A 4 Cylinder Camry 05 / Thread For Car Owners & Repair Manuals & Electrical Schematic Diagrams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.