Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:26 AM

Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist (29478 Views)

Sports Journalist Felix Okugbe Is Dead - Naij.com / Breaking! Ace Sportscaster Godwin Spiff Sagbama Passes On / Veteran Sports Journalist Deacon Ayo Ositelu Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by DopeAngel(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: Making jest of a dead fellow...smh for you
so? Who Cares?
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by OgologoDimkpa: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
DopeAngel: so? Who Cares?
You should cause you'll be dead someday.
No one lives for eternity.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by DopeAngel(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
phransix147:

An achievement u can't make
ok. Phuck youcheesy
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by DopeAngel(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: You should cause you'll be dead someday.
No one lives for eternity.
until Then. . .*bows out. . .
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
R I P to an easy-going gentleman on the screens.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
I must have taken some classes with this guy. ..he was a complete gentle man. For some strange reason, he came to my mind today and I did a search on the Internet on to see a report saying that he was seriously sick. It is my prayer that God provides for his family while he rests in peace. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by dino2006(m): 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
And when I saw him around March this year in the hospital, I thought the tumor would have spared him some more time to live. Its so unfortunate. RIP to this great mind. The sports world would definitely miss you.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Jhayeahsam01(m): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
the fear or death is the beginning of sickness..... no ebola. no boko haram.,. no accident...

na sometime go kill person

rip bro
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Ranchhoddas: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
I knew him on sports buziness back then...
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by ojialo(m): 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Innodon: RIP though I don't know him.
probably you are a kid.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Grandest(m): 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
I used to listen to his programme on star fm courtesy of hallysports international back in the good old days. Believe it or not, he was the pioneer of sports business media in Nigeria, though not quite popular in the sport franternity. My word, he analyzes sport with fluidity and glee. To say the least, he is a "master of words" as far sports analysis is concerned. RIP Godwin Spiff Sagbama.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by xavier047: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
May his soul rest in peace..............Amen
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by jonced(m): 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
RIP Goddy...remember u from way back in the University of Ilorin...Hally Sports n when u were a regular house guest. Rest, Goddy, in the bosom of the Lord
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
so sad.

RIP
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by miqos02(m): 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
R.I.p
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by rashygenius: 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
englishmart: Is he Vincent kompany's uncle?

RIP SHA
BORING!
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Ossaifamous(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
oh my God am shock
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Hurklan(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
R.I.P to 1 of my best sports analyst.. "GODWIN SPIFF SAGBAMA... Gone so soon
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Paulv(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
I never heard he was sick...rip sir.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
sirjohnson:

I don't have sense by giving you more info about the demise of the journalist. Are you satisfied with the half baked and unconfirmed news you are reading here?
If you had sense,you woulda posted the full story and source here instead of trolling threads and tryna force people to view your rundown blog.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by barnaby04(m): 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
I received the death of this great sports journalist, late Godwin-Spiff Sagbama with shock. I extends my sincere condolences to his family and pray his soul find rest in the bosom of his maker.

He actually started his sports broadcasting career in Kwara State Television Service in the mid/late 90's where he was indeed a promising talent then.

The sports commentary arena in Ilorin, Kwara State was led by now Sen. Smart Adeyemi who was a regular host of Sports Panorama on NTA, Ilorin.

Godwin-Spiff Sagbama distinguished himself as a great sports journalist then which culminated in him making it big and making a name for himself when he relocated to Lagos State.

No doubt, he will be surely missed, not by his teeming fans alone, the game, football will miss his analytical and insightful commentaries on the game always.

On behalf of myself and family, I pray God give his family the fortitude to bear this loss.

MAOB
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by rhythyson: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
will surely miss him we left the great University Of Ilorin together.
Miss you my guy.

Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by sirjohnson(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
jossi994: If you had sense,you woulda posted the full story and source here instead of trolling threads and tryna force people to view your rundown blog.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by lacastre: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
So painful, my team manager those days and also former church member(LRA). R I P
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by englishmart(m): 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
rashygenius:
BORING!
as if It matters to me what you think. embarassed
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by daveP(m): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
So sad! R.I.P
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by Dexema(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
RIP,He has done his own part,Gonna miss his voice. RIP goddy spiff.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by cashful(m): 12:53am On Oct 01, 2014
R.I.P...so sad
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by SamsonAN: 4:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Oh dear! His latest is the program, 'Sport Business'. Where his guests, highlight the economics gains inherent in every sport. He never hides his resentment of the EPL. A true and through fan of the Italian league; seria A.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by justkisses(m): 6:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Probably why I've not been seeing him on the screens lately..God Rest your soul Godwin Spiff Sagbama..Really miss the days with mitchel obi! cry
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by persius555(m): 8:42am On Oct 01, 2014
i feel like weeping, so sad we just lost a sport gem.We will surely miss his presence. Adieu, rest well..
Re: Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist by whytepawn1(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
areaboy1: Heard this sad news on top sports on top radio just now..May his soul rest in peace!
death just make Me to always rethink life.. all the struggles,hussles and bustles all amount to nothing. then what is the essence of it all. a wise man wrote ..life is just like a puff of smoke that appears for a little while and disappears. indeed all is vanity. Rip to the dead. its a fate that will befall us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Visits Super Eagles Ahead Of Friendly Match With England / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 2 Screamers To Become 2023 Highest Goal Scorer (Photos) / Nigerian Coach And Two Athletes Disappear At Commonwealth Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.