Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,438 members, 7,781,280 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:43 AM

Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds (1667 Views)

London Used Dell Laptop For Sale At #18,000 / My Dell Laptop Battery Is Not Increasing While Charging. Pls Help / TOR FREE BROWSER NEW SETTINGS.OUT SOME SECONDS AGO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds by kwenu: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Hey House, please i got a problem with my dell D505 LAPTOP, i had to press the button hard to get it powered on , and if it powers nothing displays on the screen the lights close to the power button flashes for about 4 or 5 seconds and goes off, despite all these , no screen display or diplay on the screen, i have checked the ram memory and i do not think that its a screen problem, but someone once said that it could be a mainboard or motherboard problem , he seem not to be sure about it.

please my fellow engineers in the house what could be the problem with this laptop?
and whats the solution?
could this be a mainboard or motherboard problem, ?

do computers get better and reliable after thier faulty motherboard or mainboard is been fixed?

please advice me on what to do

thanks to you all

and God bless you
Re: Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds by Azcreativ(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Its probably the mainboard, check d onboard video chips, if you know about reballing this can be a solution. Meanwhile for your other question Mainboard can work perfectly well again if properly fixed by an expert. Contact info@ia2ztech.com for more questions.
Re: Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds by just2endowed: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Check if u can boot to bios by pressing f10 or f8. If it boot to bios, come and contact me for easy solution
Re: Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds by godunia(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2014
It's board my dear,I suggest u don't waste your money fixing another board.I have observed that Dell designs have issues here.guess it has to do with the system n how d vent is designed.most often what's called vent does not take out enough heat to protect the board n d processor n before u no it's gone bad.my cousin took here to overs for an exchange.u can go for Hp or better still Lenovo ( Lenovo products have the strongest hardware today n configurations sweet.u can google the profile of Lenovo laptops)
Re: Dell Laptop D505 Wont Power Up But Flashes Lights For 4 Seconds by kwenu: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2014
as at yesterday after disassembling the laptop, i tried to remove the board but couldnt because of some screws were worn out or too tight i guess, so i assembled it back and plugged it to power, it worked fine so i tought that the problem had been solved because i removed an aluminium panel from the bord, that aluminium panel seem to be a protector of board or something. but after shutting it down for 8 hours i decided to power it up again with electricity, it refused to come up. it was still showing the same symtoms (light blinks for 5 seconds). so i had to charge it cos i tought that maybe the barrtery was low, yet the laptop didnt come up until after i charged it for close to 15 miniutes, after 15mins it later came up and worked fine during throughout the day, i removed the power charger, it still worked with battery.so i was glad, but i decided to keep monitoring the situation, until this moring now i font that its not yet coming up after 20 miniutes charge now,

i remeber asking an engineer to help me look into it 5 days ago, i saw he had to heat up somewhere arround the board for the laptop to come up, i paid him and tought he has solved my problem only to discover after 3 hours that the problem isnt solved.

does dell as a company have a place such as a branch where they can take good care of such issues as these?, maybe they can exchange it for me to another one, just as your cousin did godunia.
or is it best that i abandon this laptop and get another one, .

hope u ll understand my writings.

thankyou for ur contributionss

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Backup My Yahoo Mail? / Is Multilinks Still Working / Computer Repair Gurus Help Me!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.