Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Daum: I Was Offered Eagles Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Daum: I Was Offered Eagles Job (517 Views)

I Was Stripped Naked And Thrown Out — Enyeama(photos) / NFF Offered Me A Slave Contract - Keshi / Oliseh Joins Siasia On Supper Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daum: I Was Offered Eagles Job by solbase10(m): 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
–Former Leverkusen coach reveals

Nigeria’s coaching musical chairs has taken another twist as former Bayer Leverkusen manager, Christoph Daum, has claimed that he was last week approached to be at the helm of the Super Eagles.

Daum, 60, who has coached previously at FC Cologne, VfL Stuttgart and Eintracht Frankfurt, all in Germany, has last managed at Turkish Super Lig side, Bursaspor, and is currently out of work.

Nigeria have failed to renew Stephen Keshi’s contract when it expired just after the Fifa World Cup in June and is currently on a ‘game per game’ contract, according to Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials, who failed to confirm to supersport.com if Keshi will be given a proper contract.

Keshi oversaw the first two 2015 Afcon qualifiers which Nigeria lost 3-2 in Calabar to Congo and drew 0-0 with South Africa in Cape Town to pick just a single point from a possible six in Group A.

Daum was reported to have told German website mobo.de that he rejected multiple offers from Africa with Nigeria being one of the African countries he turned down.

“I had offers last week to become coach of Nigeria,” mobo.de quoted Daum speaking to Sky Sports.

The former Fenerbahce coach however stated that he did not take up the offer as he is not open to any coaching job till next season.

“By next year, I’ll take over a team,” Daum announced.

Keshi will lead Nigeria’s Super Eagles for the 2015 Afcon qualifying double-header against Sudan and it is left to be seen if he will be given a working contract or the NFF will opt for someone else to replace the 2013 Afcon winning coach.

Read More: http://completesportsnigeria.com/daum-offered-eagles-job/

(1) (Reply)

Abeg Hu De Wacth Dis Juve Match / Should Keshi Be Sacked Now? / BREAKING: Oscar Pistorius jailed 5 Years For Killing girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.