Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. (4563 Views)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by 1960chic(f): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
Acidosis:
cool points ma'am.

smiley
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by hardbody: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
pelusi: Pls what again should i do to stop my Wife from telling lies?,I need a serious advice pls.I somehow noticed this attitude during the short time we dated before marriage,thinking she will change with time.First year in marriage to second to third,now to our six year,the marriage is still facing lack of trust from my wife.This is somebody that can never tell you the truth no matter how you asked her,unless she noticed that i am 200% sure/ have proof of what i am asking her,then she has no option than to agree.If i start narrating all shocking lies she has exhibited since i got married to her,it will take several pages of this forum.I have sat her down several times and begged her to stop telling lies,she may agree at that moment that she will stop,but not to be.Last time i invited a man of God in house and complained this kind of challenge to him in the presence of my Wife,the man of God counselled us on it,which she accepted that she will work on it and make an amends,yet till today,she is still telling lies.It makes me feel angry and has drastically reduced my love over her.The one she acted yesterday made me to get much annoyed that i told her that since she has made me to loose trust on her since i married her,that today(yesterday),she MUST take an oath for me by holding an object and say some words on it,that ever since she got married to me,that she has NEVER slept with other men.She say she is a Christian and can not swear such.Please what should i do to make my wife to desist from telling lies?,Everybody knows the effect of lack of trust in marriage.Advise Pls!.

The fact she even 'married' you is a lie. You will soon realize she did not marry you in reality. I pity your sorry state
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
This one get as e be lipsrsealed
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by Acidosis(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Godmystrength: like selective parenting abi?
Exactly!
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by dad007(m): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Acidosis:
A serial liar is a killer sad

Divorce is the only option mama smiley
You may sound extreme,but it is the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Perhaps she is afraid of repercussions that may come from telling the truth. Is she a people pleaser?

I think she is conflict avoidant and wants to keep peace at any cost i feel you should not play along whenever you sense she is lying always hold her accountable to anything she tells you no matter how small the lie is.
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by benega: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
pelusi: Pls what again should i do to stop my Wife from telling lies?,I need a serious advice pls.I somehow noticed this attitude during the short time we dated before marriage,thinking she will change with time.First year in marriage to second to third,now to our six year,the marriage is still facing lack of trust from my wife.This is somebody that can never tell you the truth no matter how you asked her,unless she noticed that i am 200% sure/ have proof of what i am asking her,then she has no option than to agree.If i start narrating all shocking lies she has exhibited since i got married to her,it will take several pages of this forum.I have sat her down several times and begged her to stop telling lies,she may agree at that moment that she will stop,but not to be.Last time i invited a man of God in house and complained this kind of challenge to him in the presence of my Wife,the man of God counselled us on it,which she accepted that she will work on it and make an amends,yet till today,she is still telling lies.It makes me feel angry and has drastically reduced my love over her.The one she acted yesterday made me to get much annoyed that i told her that since she has made me to loose trust on her since i married her,that today(yesterday),she MUST take an oath for me by holding an object and say some words on it,that ever since she got married to me,that she has NEVER slept with other men.She say she is a Christian and can not swear such.Please what should i do to make my wife to desist from telling lies?,Everybody knows the effect of lack of trust in marriage.Advise Pls!.
op I'll profer solution but 1st tell me what made you suspect her infidelity?
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Now, that is some bad trait! There is nothing like taking your spouse's word for it. The trust and freedom it gives is priceless. Being able to say; my wife/husband said. . ." With all certainty becomes a task with compulsive liars. Having to always wonder what to believe and what not to. It strains a relationship/marriage and makes it pretty difficult for effective planning.

People will not know what you are going through till they experience it themselves. It can be very very frustrating and heartbreaking. I had a friend like that in Secondary School, and it marred our friendship. I just couldn't stand her. She would lie about the most irrelevant and mundane thing that I began to wonder if she was alright (mentally).

Now, what can you do? I sincerely don't know. Compulsive liars seldome change. They just cannot help but lie. You either live with them that way or seperate. Seperation will give her sometime to think about her act. She may or may not change afterwards though. No quarantees.

Have you asked her why she feels the need to lie? What are the major things she lies about? Does she trust you enough not to over react if she tells you the truth? Is she remorseful? Do you see any light at the end of the tunnel?

My dad used to say that a compulsive liar is worse than a thieve, infidel, smoker, alcoholic all combined together.

1 Like

Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by Vikky014(f): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
Godmystrength: What kind of christian are you too? Asking someone to swear an oath with an object? both of you have lost you way in the christian journey and you both need to help each other retrace your steps...
NB: Sin is Sin before God. No big or small sin..
You lie = SIN
You swear an oath with an object = SIN
You commit adultery = SIN etc
1 million likes
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by rolled: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Pelusi you seem not too into your wife anymore
Shebi she is the same wife you feel disgusted after se x
Dnt knw what to say to you
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by TWEETFELLA: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
cocoberry: I had a lying boyfriend back den, whom I loved soo much, he lies unnecessarily, couldn't stand him, I walked out of d relationship painfully.
What exactly do you mean by liking them BIG?
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by cocoberry(f): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hamburger! tongue

TWEETFELLA: What exactly do you mean by liking them BIG?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by seankay(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Reminds me of dis particular gal I once dated, she is d best liar d world ever produced cos she's still a bloody liar.OP believe me, I know how u feel cos I've being through that shii before
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by gabbytabby: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2014
You met agbako and decided to make a wife of her. The ones that I pity are the innocent children that are going to be molded by your agbako.

You have to decide how to deal with such a person. I have such a person who is also quarrelsome that I need to deal with for now. In my case I am not interested in what she has to say and will generally find out information from others stops you acting on lies and getting into unecessary bother.

That way its her problem as you start to listen to her when she decides to be truthful.
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2014
cocoberry: Hamburger! tongue

hmm,what kind of hamburger?,the one that looks like a submarine?
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by TWEETFELLA: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Hamburger! tongue

the long one with a cap. Fleshy & turgid. Now I undstand..
Re: MY Wife Is A Compulsive Liar. Please Help. by shizzle11(m): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
TWEETFELLA: What exactly do you mean by liking them BIG?
LWKMD... My man gringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Men and Flirting / Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. / How Toothpaste Broke Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.