Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. (6466 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by bolaino(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
wiegraf:

He does have a point. I do need satan before I can attain perfect atheism
lol
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
padeolu:
Thanks for the compliment.

I actually think its cool they have a different opinion about the issue. We all can't believe in an hypothesis no matter how evident it may be. Someone has to find faults in it. That's science, it leads to discovery of other stuffs.

As someone once said, you don't win a Nobel prize by following the crowd..

that clown has had his silly glorious Alfa knows better since....likely congenital come to think of it

anyhoo, whilst your point earlier was valid, and wouldn't have required spelling out usually, frankly, as its somewhat obvious and wasn't really being debated, the example was flawed

lots of thinkers through antiquity, I think eben as gar back as Egypt, have known the earth was round. the masses of course, no. some even thought we were on the back of a turtle

not sure about the sun revolving around the earth, but you know, mathematically speaking, you can make that statement stick. though it would be silly and unintuitive.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by logicboy01: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
wiegraf:

that clown has had his silly glorious Alfa knows better since....likely congenital come to think of it

anyhoo, whilst your point earlier was valid, and wouldn't have required spelling out usually, frankly, as its somewhat obvious and wasn't really being debated, the example was flawed

lots of thinkers through antiquity, I think eben as gar back as Egypt, have known the earth was round. the masses of course, no. some even thought we were on the back of a turtle

not sure about the sun revolving around the earth, but you know, mathematically speaking, you can make that statement stick. though it would be silly and unintuitive.

Sir, are you a Nigerian? You write English as if it is your second language. You are barely coherent with all your misplaced commas and punctuations.

^^^^
for over a year now, I doubt if I have ever completed reading any of your long posts.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
logicboy01:

Sir, are you a Nigerian? You write English as if it is your second language. You are barely coherent with all your misplaced commas and punctuations.

^^^^
for over a year now, I doubt if I have ever completed reading any of your long posts.
i guess you were lost reading that...like i was, but i came back to see he was connecting with Olu on a deeper...personal level about what he thinks of someone who had a history...

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by logicboy01: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
spotit:
i guess you were lost reading that...like i was, but i came back to see he was connecting with Olu on deeper...personal level about what he thinks of someone who had a history...

It is not the first time this has happened.

The guy writes oddly.
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
logicboy01:

It is not the first time this has happened.

The guy writes oddly.
oh..ok then.
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
logicboy01:

^^^^

don't worry if you don't get them. not meant for you

and I've told you to stop your Sir nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by logicboy01: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
wiegraf:

don't worry if you don't get them. not meant for you

and I've told you to stop your Sir nonsense

Seriously, I'm curious. Are you a Nigerian?

What is the deal with your English?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
i actually think it takes a lot of intelligence and craft to be able to twist like that and keep the rest of the forumites in the dark and out of a digression...but say grudge is involved(grumble, side-talk) Or simply fraternizing

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by logicboy01: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
spotit:
i actually think it takes intelligence and craft to be able to twist like that and keep the rest of the forumites in the dark and out of a digression...but say grudge is involved(grumble, side-talk).

undecided

I actually think it is a sign of lower intelligence to be incoherent with misplaced punctuation and syntax

and even a lower level of intelligence to be inspired by incoherence.

But that's just me
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
logicboy01:

undecided

I actually think it is a sign of lower intelligence to be incoherent with misplaced punctuation and syntax

and even a lower level of intelligence to be inspired by incoherence.

But that's just me
lol..you'll be completely fooled by some people who type like that...i mean, i can't be bothered with punctuation and syntax on most forums or snws, as long as I'm logged in via mobile..you'll be amazed the rest of the world think like this too. Doesn't take one bit of intelligence away from the poster.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
logicboy01:

Seriously, I'm curious. Are you a Nigerian?

What is the deal with your English?

I was born in the UK

unguan kudu, kadunoh

you really don't have to waste what little brain power you have worrying about it. just stick to your simple, schoolboy logic and point by point approach. its just about enough to get you by
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
spotit:
lol..you'll be completely fooled by some people who type like that...i mean, i can't be bothered with punctuation and syntax on most forums or snws, as long as I'm logged in via mobile..you'll be amazed the rest of the world think like this too. Doesn't take one bit of intelligence away from the poster.

tis a delicate subject

personally like comments on pron sites the best. so obvious they are using just the one hand to type

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
hey...it's alright. go away, I've had enough. i thought u had a case, now i see.
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by finofaya: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
This skirmish is just hilarious grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
spotit:
hey...it's alright. go away, I've had enough. i thought u had a case, now i see.

Are you allergic to pron? That's so sad....

It's also rather silly that you just finished making a case for substance over style yet suddenly deemed me wrong when a totally unrelated topic, which diminishes nothing I previously stated, is mentioned.

Lemme guess. You still some sort of judeoxtian prude?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
wiegraf:

Are you allergic to pron? That's so sad....

It's also rather silly that you just finished making a case for substance over style yet suddenly deemed me wrong when a totally unrelated topic, which diminishes nothing I previously stated, is mentioned.

Lemme guess. You still some sort of judeoxtian prude?
lool. it's presumptuous of you to suggest that online posters on mobile have their spellings and syntax in tatters because they're occupied with silliness in their other hand. just because you frequent pron don't mean other people try it...bringing your pron example to it, i consider offensive; barring that, i haven't deemed u that wrong.
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
spotit:
lool. it's presumptuous of you to suggest that online posters on mobile have their spellings and syntax in tatters because they're occupied with silliness in their other hand. just because you frequent pron don't mean other people try it...bringing your pron example to it, i consider offensive; barring that, i haven't deemed u that wrong.

No, I'm quite sure they're using the one hand. I've tried doing so before myself and it's pretty darn obvious. Find a single thread, even the short ones, on those sites with proper spelling for instance and prove me wrong.

It's presumptuous to assume I frequent them from those statements (but, if you must know, you're fairly close. Which translates to not much more than average)

And I did not state anywhere that all mobile posters where all watching pron while typing, or that that was the reason for their (sometimes) poor grammar etc, so I'm not sure where you get that from.

What in the world is silly about beating off? Never mind. I has an idea as to why you think so
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
wiegraf:

No, I'm quite sure they're using the one hand. I've tried doing so before myself and it's pretty darn obvious. Find a single thread, even the short ones, on those sites with proper spelling for instance and prove me wrong.

It's presumptuous to assume I frequent them from those statements (but, if you must know, you're fairly close)

And I did not state anywhere that all mobile posters where all watching pron while typing, or that that was the reason for their (sometimes) poor grammar etc, so I'm not sure where you get that from.

What in the world is silly about beating off? Never mind. I hav an idea as to why you think so
lol..what's your idea?
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by wiegraf: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
spotit:
lol..what's your idea?

It's a long, often told, rather boring and mundane story. So I'll skip that for now and go endear myself elsewhere
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
wiegraf:

It's a long, often told, rather boring and mundane story. So I'll skip that for now and go endear myself elsewhere
good then. I'll stay as prude as i can. it's October, go call your satan grin
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by logicboy01: 2:09am On Oct 05, 2014
spotit:

grin

There is a difference between "not bothering with punctuation" and "consistently using commas in the wrong places".
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by davien(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
padeolu:
they won't be needing it. The fossil fuels became important to us because it exist. If we hadn't discovered it (or it wasn't available), we would have found an alternative way.
Do you have any comment on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by padeolu: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
davien:
Do you have any comment on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU
Yes I do. The answer to the possible cause of climate change is there in the video, 4:48 to 4:55. That's more scientific and logical.

Man can't possibly be the cause, if we have to blame it on someone/something, let's put the blame on cows, their farts have higher green house impact.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by davien(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
padeolu:
Yes I do. The answer to the possible cause of climate change is there in the video, 4:48 to 4:55. That's more scientific and logical.

Man can't possibly be the cause, if we have to blame it on someone/something, let's put the blame on cows, their farts have higher green house impact.
lol....cows? I know methane is also a green house gas but common...haven't we been responsible for most of the current cattle breeds?...herego more cow droppings=more methane emissions.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by padeolu: 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
davien:
lol....cows? I know methane is also a green house gas but common...haven't we been responsible for most of the current cattle breeds?...herego more cow droppings=more methane emissions.... undecided
The methane effect is actually more deadly than other GHGs.

Its easy to argue on either side of the divide (skepticals and Pros). For so long, we were made to believe fanatically that the earth was flat. It took a logical mind, further research and skepticism to arrive at what we have today. Same logic should be applied to Climate Change, science is not based on consensus, rather nullifying facts. Of which the data on anthropogenic climate change has been proven several times to be doctored and the model, compromised.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by davien(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
padeolu:
The methane effect is actually more deadly than other GHGs.

Its easy to argue on either side of the divide (skepticals and Pros). For so long, we were made to believe fanatically that the earth was flat. It took a logical mind, further research and skepticism to arrive at what we have today. Same logic should be applied to Climate Change, science is not based on consensus, rather nullifying facts. Of which the data on anthropogenic climate change has been proven several times to be doctored and the model, compromised.

Can you cite me to a paper or study that proves this?
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by bolaino(m): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
logicboy01:
I dont understand the science behind climate change.

All I know is that smoke and some other gases are bad for the ozone/environment. We should reduce carbon footprint.

Please, anyone who has some understanding of the science should educate us.......
bigstory.ap.org/article/fcf40cc64971496e91d3059f2f7878f3/big-melt-antarcticas-retreating-ice-may-re-shape-earth
Re: Nairalanders, Let's Discuss Climate Change. by bolaino(m): 9:30am On Sep 04, 2019
bolaino:
Hello My distinguished Nairalanders, There's an issue that was at The frontline of discussions, at the just concluded UN General Meeting in New york, And it's Climate change. Do you Guys really believe That we're killing the Planet? Do you Guys believe That we can Save the planet by our actions, I would like us to discuss this Issue, let's have reasons for and against the argument. I Greet you all My fellow Nairalanders!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. / Prayer Points For Rccg February 2010 Fasting And Prayer / Women Subconsciously Look For God In Their Husbands Because Lord Made Them So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.